Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s an Activision game so it’s not going to show up for awhile

How come don’t they own them now? Or did Phil say we can’t put any abk games on game pass because Sony will have another pants making GBS threads tantrum and he just doesn’t want to deal with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They said they will start adding Activision stuff to GamePass next year

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Phil you lazy bastard

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lazy publishers

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Will be interesting to see if they either do a big dump or drip feed them throughout the year

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fanatic posted:

Will be interesting to see if they either do a big dump or drip feed them throughout the year

A big dump really feels appropriate for Activision's catalog.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

drat it, Eastward leaving GameAss in a few days :argh:

Definitely play the RPGs first if you're subscribed

Thankfully I only played like an hour so I'm not too mad about it, it seems like a very nice indie RPG, but I left it "for later"

Was it pretty good for what you played of it? I bought it on switch but haven’t played it yet.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

One good thing about Game Pass refusing to take my mind share is I won't ever have to clean up poop in Zoo Tycoon ever again.

“Make your sims have a bladder failure” has been a weekly challenge at least 4 times

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Finished Dead Space remake yesterday. What a great game. The only thing they need to improve is the terrible difficulty progression. Some rooms in the beginning took me several retries while the middle and end was mostly a breeze and actually too easy (on normal).

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Twerk from Home posted:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
THPS 1+2 is fire but I already 100% on the Switch. Give me THUG already

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lube Enthusiast posted:

“Make your sims have a bladder failure” has been a weekly challenge at least 4 times

Had strong black mirror vibes creating a sim for the sole purpose of them to piss themselves and fall asleep on the lawn just so I could get internet points.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

THPS 1+2 is fire but I already 100% on the Switch. Give me THUG already

3 & 4 were what i played the most. i think VV or whoever worked in the remasters got pushed into the CoD mines or whatever and won't be doing any more. maybe that'll change with buyout

Twerk from Home posted:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

harrygomm posted:

3 & 4 were what i played the most. i think VV or whoever worked in the remasters got pushed into the CoD mines or whatever and won't be doing any more. maybe that'll change with buyout
Yeah the studio that made the remakes were one of many studios that got sent to the CoD mines

Same goes for Toys for Bob (who made the most recent Crash Bandicoot game, and also the updated version of the original trilogy).

I will be very curious to see what MS does with all of these people currently working on future CoD titles.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah the studio that made the remakes were one of many studios that got sent to the CoD mines

Same goes for Toys for Bob (who made the most recent Crash Bandicoot game, and also the updated version of the original trilogy).

I will be very curious to see what MS does with all of these people currently working on future CoD titles.

Give them the autonomy to make whatever CoD title they want

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
skate tricks are what everyone desires in a modern CoD title

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Captain Price's Pro Skater

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Charles Martel posted:

Captain Price's Pro Skater

Ramirez, secure that bowl!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Press F to pay respects with a sick kickflip

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this is a long shot but if there are any goons who used to play bad company 2 back in the day, it is getting shut down forever in decemper 8th. if you still have access to it and wanna play some rounds before it's gone, drop me a message, my gamertag is cubivore.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

otter posted:

Was it pretty good for what you played of it? I bought it on switch but haven’t played it yet.

It seemed... fine? intriguing? A bit of Link to the Past inspiration, great pixel art, combat was not particularly remarkable, but acceptable I guess. Very chatty game, lots of flavor dialogue, maybe a little bit too much. The world seemed kind of original, a post-apocalyptic should-be-depressing-but-it's-goofy vibe.

Didn't hook me enough to play it further at the time, but that's RPGs for you, now that I have some time to try it, it's gone :shrug:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Neco posted:

Finished Dead Space remake yesterday. What a great game. The only thing they need to improve is the terrible difficulty progression. Some rooms in the beginning took me several retries while the middle and end was mostly a breeze and actually too easy (on normal).
The beginning to what I think is the middle is spectacular, and made me think about game design while I was playing, which actually is a compliment.

Once I learned that running away was a GREAT tactic, it was all straightforward but started getting monotonous (8 wheezers, seriously wtf). Took a break for dinner right after I died twice after what seems like 10 minutes each time fighting a giant boss with a pattern I needed to learn, yawn. Worst gaming cliche ever. Didn’t help that both times I got it while loving around in inventory trying to load oxygen bottles not I didn’t figure out wha I was supposed to do.

Is there anything else interesting after this or are all of the high points over?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I was thinking about buying the mgs remaster so I have another game paid for that I will never get around to playing, but I read some comments that said the remaster quality was lovely. Should I avoid the remaster and just buy two and three backwards compatible instead (not sure that’s even an option?).

I don’t need to play the original as I did that recently.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Crafty posted:

I was thinking about buying the mgs remaster so I have another game paid for that I will never get around to playing, but I read some comments that said the remaster quality was lovely. Should I avoid the remaster and just buy two and three backwards compatible instead (not sure that’s even an option?).

MGS1 is a direct emulation of the original PS1 version, in the original resolution, with no enhancements. MGS2 and 3 are pretty much the same as the previous HD/Legacy Collection remaster on the PS360, right down to the 720p resolution, give or take a couple of minor bug fixes. If you can find a cheap disk copy of the 360 release, it's backwards compatible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Buy the 360 version on disk

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Crafty posted:

The Xbox 360 (HD Collection) versions in BC mode are superior.

Examples at 14:45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnkQ7zrgII&t=884s

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Thanks, I’ll get the other versions then

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
This Hyperdimensional Neptunia lore is melting my brain. Does it have its own dedicated thread?

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Following on from Starfield chat, Bethesda support has apparently been replying to a lot of negative reviews on steam (pics not mine)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Eeeesh. Who over there thought touching the poop was a good idea?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

chird posted:

Following on from Starfield chat, Bethesda support has apparently been replying to a lot of negative reviews on steam (pics not mine)

reads like cope

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I would strongly recommend anyone with a passing interest in Jusant to give it a go. It's such a lovely realisation of the idea of a climbing game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ColdPie posted:

Eeeesh. Who over there thought touching the poop was a good idea?

Hey man it was included in GamePass, I figured I’d give it a try

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Replying to reviews about how actually those things you don't like aren't bad has no way of backfiring in any way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

chird posted:

Elite, and No Man's Sky do these things too without endless loading screens.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Elite, and No Man's Sky do these things too without endless loading screens.

So do most next gen games. Hell, even some last gen games do a pretty solid job with seamless transitions at least once you're loaded into the game itself.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I wish Starfield had been something other than what it is. Real shame.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
All Starfield had to do is be an updated version of 1986’s Starflight and it would have kicked rear end.

Oh well

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Killer Instinct received a 10th anniversary update today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Remulak posted:

The beginning to what I think is the middle is spectacular, and made me think about game design while I was playing, which actually is a compliment.

Once I learned that running away was a GREAT tactic, it was all straightforward but started getting monotonous (8 wheezers, seriously wtf). Took a break for dinner right after I died twice after what seems like 10 minutes each time fighting a giant boss with a pattern I needed to learn, yawn. Worst gaming cliche ever. Didn’t help that both times I got it while loving around in inventory trying to load oxygen bottles not I didn’t figure out wha I was supposed to do.

Is there anything else interesting after this or are all of the high points over?

I finished Dead Space Remake in August and I have no idea what boss you're even talking about.