Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
imagine being tony khan and coaxing your favorite wrestler out of retirement for years only to completely botch it by not taking away a mic from him when he's having a Muffin Meltdown and then delivering him giftwrapped to the competition, incredibly tragic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wait when is this

he has hair right now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Intruder posted:

wait when is this

he has hair right now

If I had to guess, that's Cauliflower Alley Club.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah it was the week after All In, just feels like an apt picture for the occasion of the Protect Trans Kids shirt guy going to the Big Trump Fundraiser that takes Saudi blood money and spite sued him and fired him on his wedding

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

MotU posted:

imagine being tony khan and coaxing your favorite wrestler out of retirement for years only to completely botch it by not taking away a mic from him when he's having a Muffin Meltdown and then delivering him giftwrapped to the competition, incredibly tragic

In all seriousness, TK really proved he was out of his depth at that media scrum, by not shutting Punk's mic off or ending it the moment he heard poo poo was going down. Even a store manager at a Target knows that when you have an employee going off in public about something (whether justified or not), you get them out of there and defuse the situation. You don't just let them rant about it to everyone within earshot. Same if there's a fight going on; you don't just sit there and wait for someone else to maybe handle it, you get the parties separated so things don't get completely out of control like they did at Brawl Out.

This is not a defense of anything Punk said or did, mind you, but rather a criticism of TK's lack of control and handling of the situation.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

imagine losing your golden goose to the competition because of a couple of anti draws from socal. tony khan doesn't deserve to be in the wrestling business lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bahahahahaha Nick Hausman, first man in the history of these WWE press conferences to ask a real question.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

imagine losing your golden goose to the competition because of a couple of anti draws from socal. tony khan doesn't deserve to be in the wrestling business lmao

Tony Khan: *slams dick in car door*
PSP Goon: masterful gambit, sir

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Man, the next WWE staff meeting with both Punk and Regal in attendance is going to be pretty awkward

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Man, the next WWE staff meeting with both Punk and Regal in attendance is going to be pretty awkward

i'm willing to bet paul knows a thing or two about how to cool off a heated locker room. we're about to see how a real booker manages his people

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

Tony Khan: *slams dick in car door*
PSP Goon: masterful gambit, sir

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i'm willing to bet paul knows a thing or two about how to cool off a heated locker room. we're about to see how a real booker manages his people

Rule #1: don't keep their mic turned on when they go into an angry tirade

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

does being glad kenny and the bucks probably got good retirement contracts out of tony to avoid the optics of all four AEW founders being in WWE before everything started to crash belong in here or the mecca thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
2022: AEW's biggest star jumps to WWE.
2023: AEW's biggest star jumps to WWE.
2024: :pray:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MJeff posted:

why do you want riho to go to wwe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

2023: 2 of AEW's biggest stars jumps to WWE.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Mox?
Swerve?

I honestly don't know who is considered AEW's biggest star these days.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

His contract got extended, he's not jumping.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MJeff posted:

im not sure mjf would be wwe material

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also the next aew ppv in chicago is gonna be fun

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Peanut President posted:

im not sure mjf would be wwe material

Of course not, he's made for NXT

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Of course not, he's made for NXT

right right thats why his best friend is an nxt lifer, it all makes sense now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Imagine David Zaslav seeing the Punk return video tomorrow and also getting the overnight numbers for Ranpage + Collision from the same night while he’s in the middle of negotiations for AEW’s new deal

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Imagine David Zaslav seeing the Punk return video tomorrow and also getting the overnight numbers for Ranpage + Collision from the same night while he’s in the middle of negotiations for AEW’s new deal

TK's just gonna tell him to put his loving money where his mouth is

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Only way it could've been worse is if Punk showed up at SS weighing 600 lbs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Someone needs to update the CM Punk/Samoa Joe cartoon with "hey man you still in AEW"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
technically joe is in roh

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

POV of Tony coming to in the morning:

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

This is pretty funny and I'm glad CM Punk is far away from AEW but it would be especially funny if he interrupted Cody's story.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

Quoting this because I said it before Punk showed up in WWE but I mean it even more now

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
nah its fine aew still has a great main event scene with mjf and the jobbers who suffer at his feet

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

derangement syndrome indeed

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I've been tricked into posting in the thread for freaks who like CM Punk and I don't like it

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I've been tricked into posting in the thread for freaks who like CM Punk and I don't like it

i hate to break it to you but cm punk is over, brother

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

It’s in the thread title, look at the adjective: hell

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
HHH should have posted a lil video of him softly going "cm punk cm punk" in gorilla

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MotU posted:

HHH should have posted a lil video of him softly going "cm punk cm punk" in gorilla

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
so does this mean that canonically wwe is the more progressive of the two? Or is that after the AEW saudi show