Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I saw a purple pump handle today. it was at a BP and it was some special one only on one pump and you would donate like an extra 10c per gallon to some charity and the company would match it. i obviously used another pump because the loving bajillionaires running that company dont need any of my cash if they want to donate to a charity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
We have blue pumps here; ethanol-free. Not sure if that’s any kind of standard, or just what my Murphy USA does.

Edit: looks like blue is E15 in other places. Yeesh. Yellow seems to be pretty standard for E85 from what I’ve seen.

Ulf fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 26, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Ulf posted:

We have blue pumps here; ethanol-free. Not sure if that’s any kind of standard, or just what my Murphy USA does.

Edit: looks like blue is E15 in other places. Yeesh. Yellow seems to be pretty standard for E85 from what I’ve seen.

Yeah at Sheetz here we have blue handles and it's E15 and it's $1 cheaper than regular unleaded, it fuckin rules. down to $1.94 a gallon if you use their rewards poo poo, cheapest i've paid for gas in decades

also yellow isn't actually E85, it's just "Flex Fuel" which can range from 50-85% ethanol

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 26, 2023

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

$1 cheaper is nuts, here it's like 10c cheaper and I live next to the corn.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

The more and more common fentanyl flyer. Remember that video of the Ranger just nonchalantly burning out against the car in front of it while the driver was filming it? It's everywhere now

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

DJ Commie posted:

The more and more common fentanyl flyer. Remember that video of the Ranger just nonchalantly burning out against the car in front of it while the driver was filming it? It's everywhere now

Where?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

taqueso posted:

$1 cheaper is nuts, here it's like 10c cheaper and I live next to the corn.

Ten cents cheaper is not even enough to counter its lower energy content per gallon.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://imgur.com/hrBgZ2p.mp4

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

well poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://imgur.com/vkbtnAB.mp4

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Haha, I’m dying over here

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
visceral reaction in real time even knowing its a joke thing because goddamn

that torque one jesus

the guys face when the jackstand breaks is me irl

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RIP those spokes, gone too soon from this world.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It would probably be better for weight distribution if they put the generator inside the triangle. And then realistically you don't need the battery and electric motor system -- you could just hook the output shaft of the generator's motor directly to the rear wheel for better efficiency. A sort of motor-driven cycle, you could call it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But then it would have to be registered and you would need a driver's license to drive it

Guarantee the person that owns that has multiple DUIs and has a long commute to work :v:

I remember when electric bikes first came out, the old local bike shop I always go to had a few and the owner dismissed them as "bikes for people with DUIs"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wouldn't it be better to just like get a jackery or something than a whole rear end generator?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

But then it would have to be registered and you would need a driver's license to drive it

Guarantee the person that owns that has multiple DUIs and has a long commute to work :v:

I remember when electric bikes first came out, the old local bike shop I always go to had a few and the owner dismissed them as "bikes for people with DUIs"

Around here we call them D.U-Icycles. (rhymes with bicycle, or icicle)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm trying to picture someone trying to ride this home from the bar with that generator and battery up high.

Because if you have multiple DUIs, you're probably taking this to the bar after work. Maybe before work too. And during lunch.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It was seized by police in the UK. That’s their van as a backdrop.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ways back stopped at the liquor store after work, it was a fairly cold winter day, but not too bad.

I'm in line, in walks a guy wearing the biggest parka I've ever seen in these parts. He looked like the drat Michelin man. He grabs a case of beer sets it on the counter. I leave, and shortly thereafter I'm sitting at a light and notice him next to me on a scooter with that case of beer sitting between his legs.

At least his beer will be cold by the time he makes it home.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Dec 11, 2023

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKV9chXmIYc

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Hey, you know what's awesome and not a horrible mechanical failure? The Sheep Game!

Click our mission patch to go to space play today!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

HOW?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
OP claims to have been just driving along when it “exploded”, and they pulled over immediately.

Tires were purchased brand new only a few months ago, definitely at the right pressure prior to the incident.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/18g25fv/i_was_on_my_way_to_work/

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

that had to be a manufacturing defect the way it perfectly separated.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Platystemon posted:

OP claims to have been just driving along when it “exploded”, and they pulled over immediately.

Tires were purchased brand new only a few months ago, definitely at the right pressure prior to the incident.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/18g25fv/i_was_on_my_way_to_work/

Inflated to a perfect 100 psi percent?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Large Testicles posted:

that had to be a manufacturing defect the way it perfectly separated.

Interesting how some of the rim protector also exited, but not all.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder which came first: the "tire," the taillight, or the window, or the five other duct-tape-and-garbage repairs we can't see on the rest of the vehicle

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Well, they tried the Fury Road-style tire, but less quality in the execution.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
does duct tape count towards shiny and chrome points

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
2016 Focus RS, 67k miles. Ford covered a new long block and turbo under the extended service plan warranty. I elected to put a new clutch in while the motor was out as I got it for just an hour labor + parts and figured all the makes-it-go parts should probably match mileage-wise.

Nobody could give me a good root cause, unfortunately.

Too bad I don't get an odometer reset with it. This bad boy's only got 150 miles on it.

Sipher fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 19, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cripes. Gonna go out and hug mine now

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

straight to loving jail

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm just impressed that it hasn't gotten caught on the brakes or hub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe

The Door Frame posted:

I'm just impressed that it hasn't gotten caught on the brakes or hub

Brakes? Being pretty generous IMO.