Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
On the scale of Jets QBs, he’s somewhere on the tier with Trevor Siemian, Greg McElroy, and Rick Mirer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

fartknocker posted:

On the scale of Jets QBs, he’s somewhere on the tier with Trevor Siemian, Greg McElroy, and Rick Mirer.

Still above Hackenberg, then

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I will never stop posting about firing inept defensive coordinators and loving the Cowboys, tyvm

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
It feels like the Bears have had a lot of primetime games this year, for being rear end. Was there an assumption that they were going to be good this year or something?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Chicago is one of the top 5 markets in the NFL with NY/LA/Dallas/Philly. Bears/Packers is consistently the most watched NFL game and probably the longest and most important standing rivalry in the NFL. Same with the NFC East matchups. It's why the games are constantly shown even if the teams suck.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
NFC East games always deliver in prime time. It's either a good game, clown ball, or both

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Hughmoris posted:

It feels like the Bears have had a lot of primetime games this year, for being rear end. Was there an assumption that they were going to be good this year or something?

Fields had some hype from the offseason especially after they got Moore. Also bigger market than people think

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Hughmoris posted:

Chicago’s continued eternal punishment must be viewed by as many people as possible, otherwise how will they learn?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The losing will continue until morale improves

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1728549612892352683?t=t4oHPJ5qpQr4nxuS6wmhHw&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I keep seeing this story reported, and I am not understanding why. Like, what is the significance of this?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Literally nothing. But I wish to laugh at them.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

People seem to be trying to will a Pittsburgh lockerroom meltdown into existence for some reason :shrug: Like that weird Athletic piece on Najee the other day. Or George Pickens deleting Steelers references from social media. Or this video making the rounds of Chris Boswell of all people poo poo talking Matt Canada... except it's from a prior season

Gotta make every team interesting somehow I guess, and the Steelers sure aren't doing it ON the field

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Excited to watch a full game of CJ Stroud + Texans tomorrow / this morning, hope the Jags win though.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Crosby is listed as doubtful with a knee injury so RIP to any chance of putting up a fight against the Chiefs!

I guess I should spend the afternoon with my family instead of being a football degenerate today.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

swickles posted:

I keep seeing this story reported, and I am not understanding why. Like, what is the significance of this?

Professional sports are a multi-decabillion dollar soap opera

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

Crosby is listed as doubtful with a knee injury so RIP to any chance of putting up a fight against the Chiefs!

I guess I should spend the afternoon with my family instead of being a football degenerate today.

Don’t worry, Rapaport is reporting he will play. Which seems odd, given they’re up against a bye week and if he hurts himself more that’s gonna be a season.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

No Butt Stuff posted:

Don’t worry, Rapaport is reporting he will play. Which seems odd, given they’re up against a bye week and if he hurts himself more that’s gonna be a season.

He's a maniac and will probably do/say anything to keep playing. Hopefully the coaches do the smart thing and realize that he's the only shot they have of sneaking in a wild card spot in an increasingly cursed AFC, however unlikely that may even be.

A loss to the Chiefs is pretty expected and doesn't really matter in the context of the division since KC will win it regardless.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are goin g to lose

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

People seem to be trying to will a Pittsburgh lockerroom meltdown into existence for some reason :shrug:

The reason I'm willing it is simple. gently caress the Steelers.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Docjowles posted:

People seem to be trying to will a Pittsburgh lockerroom meltdown into existence for some reason :shrug: Like that weird Athletic piece on Najee the other day. Or George Pickens deleting Steelers references from social media. Or this video making the rounds of Chris Boswell of all people poo poo talking Matt Canada... except it's from a prior season

Gotta make every team interesting somehow I guess, and the Steelers sure aren't doing it ON the field

If they're not melting down it means they don't care.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
News:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1728521060503769109?t=bSxu8G5Msrj0EslM2OUsnA&s=19

views: ?????????

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Fines have been out of control this year. That process is something the Union badly needs to improve.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Allen getting 10k for pointing at a player and that image being used as an official NFL promo pic the same week. It's just a player tax because the NFL are greedy shits.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I mean it's nowhere near as egregious or severe as a lot of other examples but he does just run straight at the guy and dip his head a bit to initiate contact

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit: omg

https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1728820917919510660

edit 2: loving twitter

edit 3: oh they deleted it lmao

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 26, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Sunday Morning posted:

Allen getting 10k for pointing at a player and that image being used as an official NFL promo pic the same week. It's just a player tax because the NFL are greedy shits.

lol had seen that randy mossian disgusting act and the fine, but not that nfl used it in promos. how fuckin rich

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sunday Morning posted:

Hahaha WHAT

That’s especially tone deaf, even for the nfl

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Fate Accomplice posted:

Professional sports are a multi-decabillion dollar soap opera

An NFL soap would have 99 wide receivers and maybe a couple corner backs. It’s amazing how mercurial they are

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/vinnybonsignore/status/1728849097212522631?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Oopsies lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is one of the worst efforts I've ever seen from a player in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1728850281121935459

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Weebly posted:

An NFL soap would have 99 wide receivers and maybe a couple corner backs. It’s amazing how mercurial they are

Throw in a few moody defensive lineman to hang out in the corner being weird like the goth kids

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wow that's worse than Hanesworth.gif

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol the fumble was right next to him. His man to block recovered it and returned it a ton of yards.

Why are the Steelers ground zero for receivers becoming prima donnas?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

You have to get this guy off your team.

Also is there like brain worms in the Pittsburgh water supply or something

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

wilderthanmild posted:

Lol the fumble was right next to him. His man to block recovered it and returned it a ton of yards.

Because for every prima donna they make a 5th round nobody into an All Pro player. Sometimes, they are the same player.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

wilderthanmild posted:

Maybe they believe in their Steelers culture and “we can fix this guy who doesn’t give a gently caress”

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

even Cam Newton is embarrassed by this effort on a fumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Steelers went from averaging 15 points a game on offense, then after firing Canada they score 16 points.