Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So the punk angle is def gonna be nothing but them doing the worked shoot poo poo of how much drama Punk brings to wrestling right? That’s the whole idea. The drew being angry story is so funny. He left after the show???? What the gently caress???? They’re gonna try and recreate the drama and it won’t be anywhere near as fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Off to a great start lmao

https://x.com/seanrosssapp/status/1728628739079282905?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Rhonne posted:

I think it's funny that once again Punk drama has overshadowed a pretty good main event.

It was the second best war games match on the card

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 26, 2023

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

So the punk angle is def gonna be nothing but them doing the worked shoot poo poo of how much drama Punk brings to wrestling right? That’s the whole idea. The drew being angry story is so funny. He left after the show???? What the gently caress???? They’re gonna try and recreate the drama and it won’t be anywhere near as fun.

I mean, yeah its the most interesting way to work with the story of the Most Controversial Man in Pro Wrestling. This is literally what people were begging to happen in AEW itself to bring a spark to AEW and the Elite. Instead the Elite are infueding again and doing the Work Shoot using Punk's own words against themselves so wwe is not the only ones cashing in on this stuff but they actually have the most talked about guy in wrestling this year under their roof

HHH did say at the Presser it happen Very quickly, much quicker than anyone thought and pretty much as soon as dirtsheets said there was no chance did they actually agree to something

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I mean, yeah its the most interesting way to work with the story of the Most Controversial Man in Pro Wrestling

HHH did say at the Presser it happen Very quickly, much quicker than anyone thought and pretty much as soon as dirtsheets said there was no chance did they actually agree to something

I think it’s a boring way to book him. The excitement of Punk drama is that he actually is the most petty man in the world. When you’re gonna try to be cute and wink to the audience about how big of a pain in the rear end he is I just feel like the heart and soul of punks pettiness won’t be there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

Instead the Elite are infueding again and doing the Work Shoot using Punk's own words against themselves so wwe is not the only ones cashing in on this stuff

i dunno if i'd say they're cashing in

Shadowisper
Dec 19, 2001

...I will eat your soul...
Fun Shoe
Punk causing nuclear level heat AND comedy in one night.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i dunno if i'd say they're cashing in

yeah The Elite are late to the party and using some one elses words for heat makes it feel like them saying "Punk Was Right"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

The_Rob posted:

Why bother doing a worked shoot about Punk being a messy bitch who loves drama when it'll be a real shoot soon enough.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Dimebags Brain posted:

Was the War Games match better or worse than this years Dead or Alive cage match?

The Miz match was the best match on the show imo if that helps.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CM freakin Punk!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

One thing I'm curious about is how far they're going to go with the Punk locker room cancer stuff cause I assume Punk still has a bunch of NDA's he's signed but also WWE probably would eat the court costs for the pub

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Also I dunno about the drew thing but the Rollins stuff is 100% a work lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SyntheticPolygon posted:

CM freakin Punk!!!

👀👀👀

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SatoshiMiwa posted:

One thing I'm curious about is how far they're going to go with the Punk locker room cancer stuff cause I assume Punk still has a bunch of NDA's he's signed but also WWE probably would eat the court costs for the pub

He has enough history with WWE to never have to even allude to AEW if they didn’t want to. He’s always been at the very least a prickly guy backstage.

How soon before he sits on the ramp to do another pipe bomb promo?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/cam_is_like/status/1728631216721547679?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
they should do the lacey evans thing with him, have his music hit, he comes out and does the clobbering time thing, then he leaves

over and over again for months

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I think Drew stuff is half shoot/half work; his contract is up just after Wrestlemania and talks are going badly as of now; so he's probably somewhat pissed that they'll pay off Semen Punk and not him, who carried the fed during the pandemic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seams posted:

Also I dunno about the drew thing but the Rollins stuff is 100% a work lol

The Drew stuff is hard to read while usually WWE doesn't push a guy unless they're sure to sign it also feels like the Mox situation where the guy is just working out the contract and wants to leave (and to be fair he probably should given how his push went)

Seth stuff is 100% a work and that'll be the big feud till Roman is actually read to be on TV

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

trying so hard to do what bryan danielson does effortlessly once again

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
so did Cm Punk turn up

did Triple H take a lethal dose of phil?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seth worked Riddle and he doesn't even have any real beef with Punk. Only by proxy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If they can't get The Rock in to beat Roman, why not CM Punk?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lol that they didn't even have one of his shirts for him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is the funniest day.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Punk is going to lose his poo poo when he can't wear a pro-choice shirt in Texas.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
CM Punk looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his white shirt before the WWE Universe. Very very disrespectful.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Seth thing is totally a work. He's gonna work a program with Punk.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its real

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jack Perry was a double agent the whole time, secretly in the employ of Triple Paul.

Hunter playing the long game like a pro.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Punk is backstage

Never ever doubt me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

The one continent-based title Dusty always wanted to win was the IC Title, it only makes sense for Cody to close the book on that story.
dusty rhodes always wanted to win the 24/7 championship, and with the big return this show (r-truth) cody has the perfect opponent

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1728720511432323530

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol what a morning

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/wrestleops/status/1728660059784102384?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

he looks so funny here

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Looks like his MRSA infection has come back to bite him on the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?