Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

AEW isn't dead but boy it gradually became TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

AEW isn't dead but boy it gradually became TNA

frustrating agree

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The thing is unless they lose their TV deal, which they won't, they always have the ability to stop being TNA.

Khan can always make the choice to pull his head out of his rear end and just go back to doing what was working.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MJeff posted:

The thing is unless they lose their TV deal, which they won't, they always have the ability to stop being TNA.

Khan can always make the choice to pull his head out of his rear end and just go back to doing what was working.

Jimmy Jacobs is probably preparing some HILARIOUS pretape that will turn the tide - maybe Roddy and the Kingdom go to an amusement park!?

This is all pretty depressing. I hate WWE so much, but the way AEW has gone in the last year is all their own fault.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Sources say he's planning on doubling down in response to the hastily thrown together tournament not cracking a million

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/veryimportant/status/1728656734955216949?s=20

https://x.com/TrevorDame/status/1728631885885317159?s=20

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Been saying TKs giving off big Democrat energy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope AEW can course correct and start being the alternative again

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1728631658054836491

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony has an opportunity to do the funniest thing tomorrow (fire the young bucks)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Bucks are the Kevin Nash of tag teams. By which I mean they're cool as hell

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Bad day for the vile scum over at AEW mecca.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Was thinking about how it was cool to see Lee Moriarty and it made me realize that despite the actual roster size it feels like the AEW roster is 9 guys who all work part time, like they're always scrambling to book anyone who might be available on that day. They're announcing matches the day of the show and it's Kris Stat vs Diamante who hasn't been on TV since August, Keith Lee against Lee Moriarty who hasn't been on since July, Julia Hart vs the Subzero jobber lady who hasn't been on TV since June. Does the rest of the roster just not want to work on a Saturday? I guess they're not booking anyone who is in the C2 outside of their league matches and they decided to just have all the RoH people show up to be jobbers.

Jobbers are cool when their match lasts 32 seconds and they get killed by a huge powerbomb or whatever. I don't want Kris Statlander fighting the wrestling equivalent of a goomba for 9 minutes. Shane Taylor has never been on TV and they're talking about his feud with Keith Lee like it's a big deal. Lady Frost earns a title shot by getting ultra killed anytime she's on TV. I haven't been able to watch dynamite much the past couple of months so maybe I'm missing something.

I'm sorry for calling Diamante a goomba I like her

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the killing blow has been dealt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
AEW are finished.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

gotta turn the HEAT up in this thread

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Wrap it up AEWailures

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

other then making other high profile wrestlers leave WWE for AEW (looking at Drew Galloway), this is such an L for AEW lol. like i'm not a fan of CM Punk and didn't want him in AEW but this whole situation looks so terrible for them in how they've handled everything - from brawl in to brawl out to him jumping ship lmao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Giving someone their own show because they can’t get on with their co-workers is loving insane behaviour.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Tony Khan: *slams dick in car door*
PSP Goon: masterful gambit, sir

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NienNunb posted:

Tony Khan: *slams dick in car door*
PSP Goon: masterful gambit, sir

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I understand wanting to keep Omega and Hangman happy but the Bucks … lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punk will be available for them to get again by the time the MJF/Adam team is close to winding down, that'll add some more time to that thrilling team/story

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1728630937020236069

Click through for the whole thread, which kinda sums up my feelings

AEW isn't "cool" anymore, and once you lose that feeling you almost never get it back.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

In retrospect, MJF turning down working with Punk so he could do Brochachos is so funny

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1728630937020236069

Click through for the whole thread, which kinda sums up my feelings

AEW isn't "cool" anymore, and once you lose that feeling you almost never get it back.

They’re seriously so hosed.

But sure, put the little trust fund kid in the devil mask, that’ll put butts in seats.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Are you guys doing the hyperbolic stuff as a bit or are these things you actually think

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You stumbled into the wrong thread if you think this is a bit brochacho!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

UnleashedDad posted:

Are you guys doing the hyperbolic stuff as a bit or are these things you actually think

gently caress off!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
No epic rereg guys itt

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wonder how hard it was for Tiny to “go to sleep” last night

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

Went to the Collision show last night and it definitely felt like a b show. Biggest star was Eddie. Bunch of jobber matches for some reason. Got home and saw Phil went back. Still, I wouldn’t think things are bad unless I was tapped in online. poo poo ebb and flows and it is still good to be elite!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEW right now feels like 2004-2005ish TNA: indie guys and recent fed firings putting on very good but for the most part not career defining in-ring work, coupled with mostly lousy angles. It’s got a failstink on it that they don’t seem particularly interested in shaking off.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

I think the most I’ll do in joining the wallowing is say that I always thought Max was a great talent but should never be world champ and I’m being proved correct week after week.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

Went to the Collision show last night and it definitely felt like a b show. Biggest star was Eddie. Bunch of jobber matches for some reason. Got home and saw Phil went back. Still, I wouldn’t think things are bad unless I was tapped in online. poo poo ebb and flows and it is still good to be elite!

it's still good to be elite i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

UnleashedDad posted:

(looks at attendance and ratings plummeting by the month)

Boy that sure is a whole bunch of people doing a bit!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
this is one of the only places online still drinking the aew koolaid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are probably multiple lower card wrestlers on the current wwe roster who are going to one day ask to be released from aew contracts so that they can go back. wacky schtuff

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Pepsi Lunge is the most powerful finisher in wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Doing a victory lap through all 23 AEW discussion threads, ignoring the increasingly empty seats.