Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

I can't decide if I like that the luchadors in AEW feel like the lucha squad back in WCW Nitro days (kinda in their own gang, a bit interchangeable, often used as enhancement) or not, it's cool that the LB's had a tag team run with the belts, but it feels like guys like Kommander won't ever get a push, even though he's loving amazing

I would like it if the luchadores branched out and tagged wit other types. I like when a team is two dudes who look like two different characters from a fighting game.

Give me a kommander/Brody king tag team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Since when did they leave "gently caress" uncensored on Hey! (EW)?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This Hey! (EW) is loving hilarious, Copeland is matching RJ's energy perfectly.

It's also interesting because I think it's showing his strengths (extremely funny, quick-witted, unmatched energy, convincing and assured speech) as well as the things he'll need to work on (overexcited in a way that leads to him talking over others when trying to get your shots in, mouth runs faster than his brain). All in all it's a very very funny episode. I'm glad he's in AEW.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

I would like it if the luchadores branched out and tagged wit other types. I like when a team is two dudes who look like two different characters from a fighting game.

yeah, Swerve did moonsaults off Keith Lee and poo poo, imagine what Komdander and Brody could do

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This Hey! (EW) is loving hilarious, Copeland is matching RJ's energy perfectly.

It's one of the best ones ever.

Also, they better start calling his reverse Scorpion the "Coping Mechanism"

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Shard posted:

Other perspectives are good to get

i like you shard but that's a questionable statement. you've seen what other people's opinions are like

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shard posted:

I read most threads here. Other perspectives are good to get and I enjoy reading about things I don't watch. But that place seems to e making fun of the fan type that I am exclusively. I do t actually think they are literally making fun of me but that's how it makes me feel to read it so no thanks. I also dipped in there when the Mjf poo poo at the ppv was at its worst

I’ve gone in a few times, and yeah not for me. I spent the better part of 20 years being a cynical wwe fan and I have zero desire to go down that road again. I just wanna enjoy some wrestling, man.

It’s cool that it exists though, people can vent and make jokes in that thread, people can hoot ‘n’ holler in the other thread, and then we have the main thread to talk about Hey EW. The universe is in perfect balance.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Davros1 posted:

It's one of the best ones ever.

Also, they better start calling his reverse Scorpion the "Coping Mechanism"

I popped off so hard for that as well as RJ Hamlet and the hug.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I like the Hell thread but I'm guessing it's been completely insufferable since last night lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is the greatest episode of Hey! (EW) ever

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Julia Hart match was good, i liked the clothesline on the ramp spot, she's vicious

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I like the Hell thread but I'm guessing it's been completely insufferable since last night lol

It's got many of the same people that liked or hated Punk that also post ITT; so no different than it would've been ITT if the Hell thread didn't exist, basically

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

ftr, miro, andrade and house of black are already on the waitlist for jumping back

keep all the twitter whiners in one company

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its gonna wind up like every aids mock thread eventually so let the stinkers wallow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

Just thought about Bandito and Brian Cage

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’m glad we can stop pondering whether or not Punk is The Devil now and if WBD demanded he be hired back. That’s what I’m most thankful for this weekend.

Weird C2 matches on Collision again. I feel like Eddie and Garcia both should have won their first matches. Brody could have beaten Eddie later in the tournament or something. This just kind of makes Eddie look like a giant loser who bet on himself and lost immediately.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

This just kind of makes Eddie look like a giant loser who bet on himself and lost immediately.

im glad aew's moving towards a more truth based storytelling system

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shard posted:

I'm gonna stop going to the Aew hell thread that place makes me depressed. I don't want Aew to die its literally the only wrestling I enjoy and have easy access to on a regular basis. I'm never gonna watch wwe because wwe doesn't put on shows I enjoy. If Aew dies I'm gonna be like those wcw fans that just stopped watching anything.

Hell, same. Bad enough I have to see WOOOOOO ENERGY but I just need to wait for the good times. Chin up, tits out, and

Captain Foo posted:

YEAH MY DURANGO

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’m glad we can stop pondering whether or not Punk is The Devil now and if WBD demanded he be hired back. That’s what I’m most thankful for this weekend.

Weird C2 matches on Collision again. I feel like Eddie and Garcia both should have won their first matches. Brody could have beaten Eddie later in the tournament or something. This just kind of makes Eddie look like a giant loser who bet on himself and lost immediately.

he is a giant loser and we love him for it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So Jack Perry is returning this week, right?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Eddie's at his best when fighting from underneath so I don't mind an opening loss for him, especially to a monster like Brody

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Eddie needs adversity to unlock his truest final form and it immediately puts Brody on the map in a shocking way, which is extremely cool as hell

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Shard posted:

I'm gonna stop going to the Aew hell thread that place makes me depressed. I don't want Aew to die its literally the only wrestling I enjoy and have easy access to on a regular basis. I'm never gonna watch wwe because wwe doesn't put on shows I enjoy. If Aew dies I'm gonna be like those wcw fans that just stopped watching anything.

Real talk: AEW isn't going to die.

If TNA still exists after making many many many worse mistakes than AEW has made so far, AEW ain't going to die. It may change networks, it may switch to a streaming service instead of cable TV, hell maybe they'll even do a weekly PPV model, but it ain't gonna die.

WCW died because the network that owned them got sold to a buyer who didn't like wrestling or want it on their network. ECW died because WCW poached their talent, which was because Paul Heyman was bad with money. The Khans own AEW and they're billionaires, so neither of those things are a concern as far as AEW remaining a viable operation. It may not be on TNT/TBS any more one day (which is why I think naming their men's and women's TV titles after those networks was a dumb idea), but it's not going to die any time soon.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Eddie's at his best when fighting from underneath so I don't mind an opening loss for him, especially to a monster like Brody

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Eddie needs adversity to unlock his truest final form and it immediately puts Brody on the map in a shocking way, which is extremely cool as hell

Eddie already losing his mind, feeling the very real possibility of losing his biggest self-validating accomplishments via his own hubris, and going on a psychopathic violent rampage through his opponents would be a beautiful thing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I’ve had a good time personally

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tony, I only ask one thing of you in this trying time - book another Colt Cabana / Jericho match to stick it to Punk. The first was amazing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Tato posted:

Tony, I only ask one thing of you in this trying time - book another Colt Cabana / compression socks match to stick it to Punk. The first was amazing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The continental classic is heating up, with exciting match ups already announced for next week. Who will take home the prestigious AEW Triple Crown?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tato posted:

Tony, I only ask one thing of you in this trying time - book another Colt Cabana / Jericho match to stick it to Punk. The first was amazing.

I’d rather not see another wrestler almost die in the ring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

You’re wrong , it’s better than ever

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tato posted:

in what way would this be sticking it to Punk?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
please make a meta thread to discuss the fan thread and hell thread

edit:
Big Bill can promo, lol "i see the golden girls"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Yeah, I don’t mind the loss to Brody in general I just always enjoy the story of a guy who runs himself ragged in a tournament, which I feel like could have worked for Eddie too. He’s at his strongest at the start and then takes losses toward the end when he’s weakened, until he finally pulls out a big unexpected win right at the end.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’ll also say that even when I may not be as excited about a particular match in the C2 or am disappointed by a finish, as soon as guys start cutting promos about the tournament I’m right back in.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

The continental classic is heating up, with exciting match ups already announced for next week. Who will take home the prestigious AEW Triple Crown?

I can't tell you for sure, but I can confirm it will be someone from New Zealand.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A Fancy Hat posted:

Collision and Rampage loving ruled in person, and the ROH they taped after was real fun, too. Then I get home and see Punk proved he’s the biggest hypocrite in wrestling. drat good day to be Elite.

Also I dunno if this was on TV but Malakai turned the lights out on FTR after their match and said they were alone and had no friends and nobody to stand up for them, then specifically said that CM Punk couldn’t help them.

Eddie coming out in Puerto Rico Roberto Clemente jersey ruled, show ruled.

I will say it sucked that the best friend I was with didn't go to the show because she got turned away because her purse was too big and the staff was like "hope you didn't park too far" and since we bussed from Shadyside she just took the bus back home and was too bummed out to go back. She did picked me in her rental car and I hung out eating depression cookies and watched Defunctland, Kennywood Memories, and the anime I'm in love with a Villianess. Got really high for the first time because she had a fancy weed vape.

But in short gently caress Pitts dumb bag policy, show ruled wish the crowd was livelier. Always chasing that atmosphere of the first Rampage which was electric. I did leave after Collison and missed ROH so I'm glad it was a good show.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

smarxist posted:

please make a meta thread to discuss the fan thread and hell thread

lol endless threads until everyone can find their exact flavor

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ll also say that even when I may not be as excited about a particular match in the C2 or am disappointed by a finish, as soon as guys start cutting promos about the tournament I’m right back in.

I wonder why the promos aren’t on TV. They’ve all been really good but they’re stuck on socmed. Harkens back to when the best out-of-ring Fed stuff was all Dot Com exclusives.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

RandolphCarter posted:

Make Jericho wear the compression socks this time, it's only fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

idk I like Darby matches