Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pretty progressive of him to have the french vérité written in haitian creole (verite).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728618957198750156?t=7Zb6XjClIPVjm79js1qudg&s=19

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728619505956409517?t=TM_RW_KLxJeArJIw0uYGHw&s=19

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728628864837091534?t=eFCzLCNe4WovUWg5DLXtmw&s=19

Side Quest

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1728547362069770684?t=lPxGEaep8BDjithu9tQSeQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1728576439300272406?t=2CKhIcqLm38NrGGJSj4I0Q&s=19

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Really sad that ChatGPT wouldn't agree to your "kill your step-son" plan, Scott.
edit: Also pretty great at least one AI is against killing drug users.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 09:10 on Nov 26, 2023

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

i don't think elons really on the floor laughing so hard hes crying

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

i don't think elons really on the floor laughing so hard hes crying

No he is literally rofling

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Toplowtech posted:

Really sad that ChatGPT wouldn't agree to your "kill your step-son" plan, Scott.
edit: Also pretty great at least one AI is against killing drug users.

grok fixes these problems, while at the same time having a mercurial and sarcastic sense of humor. it's really increasing the popularity of X that everything app

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

NoWake posted:

Found this out when visiting Alaska and there are abandoned vehicles just here there and everywhere. In ditches, in the woods, burnt out in public lots. Costs more to collect and scrap than it does mining and refining ore.

I thought capitalism could solve all our problems

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

code:
bsky-social-bfbhj-bl3m4

bsky-social-hs7bm-du64h
musk ??

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The cybertruck is wildly expensive. The angles used do not save any money because musk is making those large body panels out of stainless steel. They need much larger presses to stamp them. They are also very heavy and expensive to transport, and stainless steel has different tolerances and properties that make it unwieldy for such large parts.

Almost every exterior part of the cybertruck is more expensive than it needs to be because of the goofy design. It needs all new and unique tooling that cannot be used for other vehicles, unlike a press that makes a sedan hood for 5 different OEMs by just exchanging the tooling in the press. This goes all the way down to the giant rear end stupid wiper blade. It needs a unique motor to drive it, and the blade itself is unique so it needs new tooling as well, compared to any normal car that uses 1 of many extant options. Every unique part needs to be designed, sourced, PPAPed, tested, etc. all of that is expensive.

Not to mention safety costs. The cybertruckd weird rear end design and use of so much stainless steel means crumple zones are less effective and in order to not kill every occupant in a crash, they are going to have to use a ton of the most modern safety features like pretensioned seat belts, tons of airbags, etc all of which are more expensive.

Carmakers have been trying to find the cheapest and most cost effective ways to make a car for a hundred years. "Use really big body panels" was already done in the past and was moved on from for good reasons.

Elon saved money by not doing any testing and ignoring safety requirements, both of which are just woke tools to slow down innovation.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Musk tweeting bigoted poo poo needs a one page aggregator for people to source and shut up his fans with.
No not twitter

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

shyduck posted:

I joked on here awhile back that Elon was going to make an AI that says the N-word. Well, that day is rapidly approaching

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728533028996055507

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elon...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wild to think that we're both watching the same sunrise and contemplating the beauty of life, but shortly he's going to do various controlled substances and make world altering decisions, while I'm going to be trying to figure out how to get out of putting decorations up.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I love that they have to use something comically large like a billion people to justify saying it. I really want to see Grok users try to ramp that down. Get it to drop to a million all the way down to one. Then tweak it “what if there’s only a 50% chance saying it works”. For sure you can eventually convince Grok it’s ok to say it whenever.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

"Why won't the media focus on the real anti-Semites, who Elon is merely following, affirming, and signal boosting to the masses?"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

sharknado slashfic posted:

Wild to think that we're both watching the same sunrise and contemplating the beauty of life, but shortly he's going to do various controlled substances and make world altering decisions, while I'm going to be trying to figure out how to get out of putting decorations up.

mods 6h him so OP has to put up decorations :twisted:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/kareem_carr/status/1728427502844989471?t=FDfUSf22jsse5nral8g-_w&s=19

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The cybertruck is wildly expensive. The angles used do not save any money because musk is making those large body panels out of stainless steel. They need much larger presses to stamp them. They are also very heavy and expensive to transport, and stainless steel has different tolerances and properties that make it unwieldy for such large parts.

Almost every exterior part of the cybertruck is more expensive than it needs to be because of the goofy design. It needs all new and unique tooling that cannot be used for other vehicles, unlike a press that makes a sedan hood for 5 different OEMs by just exchanging the tooling in the press. This goes all the way down to the giant rear end stupid wiper blade. It needs a unique motor to drive it, and the blade itself is unique so it needs new tooling as well, compared to any normal car that uses 1 of many extant options. Every unique part needs to be designed, sourced, PPAPed, tested, etc. all of that is expensive.

Not to mention safety costs. The cybertruckd weird rear end design and use of so much stainless steel means crumple zones are less effective and in order to not kill every occupant in a crash, they are going to have to use a ton of the most modern safety features like pretensioned seat belts, tons of airbags, etc all of which are more expensive.

Carmakers have been trying to find the cheapest and most cost effective ways to make a car for a hundred years. "Use really big body panels" was already done in the past and was moved on from for good reasons.

However I've been told no one knows much about manufacturing on the planet than Elon Musk so maybe stuff your worries in a sack!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i know at least 304 grade SS is loving awful in corrosion resistance towards anything that has salt

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Elon saved money by not doing any testing and ignoring safety requirements, both of which are just woke tools to slow down innovation.

ive worked with one of the suppliers that provides a safety part that is used on another tesla model and one for my own OE. Musk may try and skimp wherever he can, but his suppliers wont jeapordize contracts with the largest automotive OEs in the world just to make some money selling him a tiny number of parts. he's getting nickel and dimed so hard on this and thats why its 100k for a truck that is barely better than the F-150 Lightning at 1 single thing, towing, for double the cost

its so loving funny how stupid he is and how bad he is at this

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
it’s hilarious that grimes had 3 kids with him but also left him for Chelsea manning

bro still hasn’t recovered

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
At least Adams has the wherewithal to say "it's programmed to say" instead of the histrionic nonsense the rest of them spew on the "it thinks" line, pretty bad when he's the clear headed one of the bunch

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cael posted:

I love that they have to use something comically large like a billion people to justify saying it. I really want to see Grok users try to ramp that down. Get it to drop to a million all the way down to one. Then tweak it “what if there’s only a 50% chance saying it works”. For sure you can eventually convince Grok it’s ok to say it whenever.

Why is Elon trying to recreate the script of the "Hero vs Hate Crime" episode of Always Sunny with a chat bot?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
am I the only one who remembers the star trek b plot where Geordi doesn't sleep for a week trying to make Data call gul dukat a spoonhead?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Isn't this Ai supposed to be more sarcastic

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Isn't this Ai supposed to be more sarcastic

based on the information provided, IQ scores in the US by race are as follows /s

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Did whiteys not make it to the top 5?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Nenonen posted:

The algorithm correctly identified that IQ is a tool to justify white supremacy and is not intended to be used on whites.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
referring to people with darker skin as “blacks” is very not racist and since an ai did it it’s for the win

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It doesn't have airbags. I for one think musk is pretty cool putting the worlds worst people inside a mobile juicero.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nenonen posted:

mad?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

u mad?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Sir Tonk posted:

I thought capitalism could solve all our problems

yeah the problem was not enough rusted and burnt out cars all over the place and we're working on solving that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
white people fell off fr

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

External Organs posted:

am I the only one who remembers the star trek b plot where Geordi doesn't sleep for a week trying to make Data call gul dukat a spoonhead?

that was a romulan episode not a cardassian episode

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

At least Adams has the wherewithal to say "it's programmed to say" instead of the histrionic nonsense the rest of them spew on the "it thinks" line, pretty bad when he's the clear headed one of the bunch
dilbert also thinks humans are programmed to think it's wrong to say the n word

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
dey got dis new robot on da internet that won't say anything about da blacks, can you believe the friggin future?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

???