Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fart blood posted:

I know Punk is a giant hypocrite but there’s a lot of cope on these forums about him right now and I don’t know how I feel about it.

I know how to feel about it: it’s really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm curious about the deal as well cause reportedly got limited dates. He wasn't negotiating from a position of strength but it does sound like he got an okay deal (Though I wonder if stuff is conditional on him not loving up)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Astro7x posted:

MJF is one of those people I feel like WWE wouldn’t know what to do with.

I'm not sure AEW does either. I just want him off my TV and getting him in WWE accomplishes that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

'looking forward to more childish adult comedy' isn't cope, it's being hopeful about the future

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The_Rob posted:

I really want to know what wwe promised Punk. Like AEW literally gave punk everything he could have ever wanted and still acted the way he did. What do you think wwe is offering him.

“We’ll pay you money and put you in front of crowds that will cheer you which is the only thing that can soothe your damaged ego”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

fart blood posted:

I know Punk is a giant hypocrite but there’s a lot of cope on these forums about him right now and I don’t know how I feel about it.

Maybe worry about yourself buddy, let the copers cope

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cope is in the bad company now

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

“We’ll pay you money and put you in front of crowds that will cheer you which is the only thing that can soothe your damaged ego”

But like there’s no way Roman is losing the title to punk, he kind of came in when it seems like they were building to other things. Like what’s even the plan for him being there. It’s literally we just want him because AEW fired him. Real TNA move from Hunter.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Do you think he wrestles his first match before Jade or was he also trained wrong?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punk is winning the consolation belt from Seth duh

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you think he wrestles his first match before Jade or was he also trained wrong?

Punks gotta learn to slap a resthold on.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

punk was down so bad he was negotiating with tna

I doubt they had to offer him much at all

Yeah especially for a deal that all sides said came together very, very quickly. WWE has another toy in their machine and Punk gets a, possibly much needed, paycheck. It will be fun to see where this goes. I'd enjoy any outcome from Punk attacking Kevin Owens backstage tomorrow because Owens refused to recognize him as Locker Room Leader and Punk getting fired to Punk beating Roman for the title at Mania. It's all loving funny.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The_Rob posted:

But like there’s no way Roman is losing the title to punk, he kind of came in when it seems like they were building to other things. Like what’s even the plan for him being there. It’s literally we just want him because AEW fired him. Real TNA move from Hunter.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fart blood posted:

If you see a “lol. lmao.” in a post this week just safely assume that person is currently crying.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

well they DID give punk a stupid fuckin haircut, did anyone get a gander at his teeth?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Two AEW originals

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Through no fault of her own, Jade Cargill has no idea what she’s doing,” says man who rehired Nia Jax.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If you can't get hyped for a three star banger at the rumble for the "I Can't Fight Roman, He's Too Strong" belt, can you even call yourself a wrestling fan?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Truther Vandross posted:

“Through no fault of her own, Jade Cargill has no idea what she’s doing,” says man who rehired Nia Jax.

Says the guy who allegedly gave a big money contract to Jade Cargill!

And I wonder how Jade feels about that statement. Bit of a fall from the boss saying at a presser "Hey, look at this champ. She's fantastic, our business partners love her!" to "We are well aware she sucks, but it's like not her fault, man."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The best part of Roman vs Punk will be when the ref bumps and then bloodline comes out and helps Roman retain and Jimmy and Jey uso reunite again but then jey puts his hands on his head like he’s stressed and super kicks Roman again.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i will watch some wwe now. the punk stuff obviously but also some of the womens stuff. i was really impressed by the war games match.

if cm punk were a real feminist he wouldnt have come back on the same night kairi put a trash can on and jumped off of the top of the cage smh

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I really want to know what wwe promised Punk. Like AEW literally gave punk everything he could have ever wanted and still acted the way he did. What do you think wwe is offering him.

Knowing that a clearly better wrester like Kenny was in the company could be all it takes to have driven him insane.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NienNunb posted:

If you see a “lol. lmao.” in a post this week just safely assume that person is currently crying.

In my defense, if I’m on the internet I’m almost certainly crying

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The_Rob posted:

The best part of Roman vs Punk will be when the ref bumps and then bloodline comes out and helps Roman retain and Jimmy and Jey uso reunite again but then jey puts his hands on his head like he’s stressed and super kicks Roman again.

CM Punk being the gangster extra for Roman's Mania entrance.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
CM Punk beat The Shield three on one before. There’s no Bloodline big enough to stop him.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dimebags Brain posted:

If you can't get hyped for a three star banger at the rumble for the "I Can't Fight Roman, He's Too Strong" belt, can you even call yourself a wrestling fan?

People here were hyped for a Miz match, A MIZ MATCH

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They’re going to send him to the performance center to perform for DeSantis and his family.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Seth's outburst being a work is weird to me since none of it was shown on camera. Then again, I guess he didn't know the camera wasn't showing him. Or maybe the production truck didn't know it was a work since so few people were told about this. It's all very silly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rhonne posted:

Seth's outburst being a work is weird to me since none of it was shown on camera. Then again, I guess he didn't know the camera wasn't showing him. Or maybe the production truck didn't know it was a work since so few people were told about this. It's all very silly.

They’re performing for fans and they know people are going to record it. Or the people sending the videos work for wwe and put the footage out there to make it seem “real”

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Rhonne posted:

Because they want it to appear real so you got fans tweet "omg Cole had to restrain Seth." which makes you think "it's real" but then when you see the actual footage and that's when you know it's wrestling ACTING

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The idea of Cole being able to hold back Seth is very funny.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Seth is the only one trying to get this over, because what is the point supposed to be of CM Punk walking out at the end of a show and doing/saying nothing get you? It’s obvious that WWE get the OMG moment out of it, but Seth has the sense to actually sell the moment and actually make it something.

Also respect to him if it was 100% genuine.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

They’re going to send him to the performance center to perform for DeSantis and his family.

Don't worry he'll show up with a Protect Trans Kids tshirt to send a message

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Miching Mallecho posted:

Because they want it to appear real so you got fans tweet "omg Cole had to restrain Seth." which makes you think "it's real" but then when you see the actual footage and that's when you know it's wrestling ACTING

Read that last part in a Jon Lovitz voice and it was :discourse:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

somehow seth's tempy being a work makes him seem like an even bigger dweeb

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He wore a white shirt last night because he didn’t have anything else that is WWE approved.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He wore a white shirt last night because he didn’t have anything else that is WWE approved.

Did WWE also approve that hair?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

He wore a white shirt because it's symbolic for his fresh start in the clean company.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

People who are confident Punk is gonna meltdown and get fired from the most professional locker room, one that isn’t filled with midcarders that are gonna try to shoot on him, should Toxx for it

what time period are we talking here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
He wore a white shirt because he's copying Bryan Danielsson again