Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
The CEH picks looks gross now with Higgins being the next pick and Swift and Taylor at RB in the next 10 picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Simplex posted:

Elite receivers want elite receiver money above all else. There's really no reason why the Chiefs shouldn't be able to grab a really good slot guy though.

Oh but Skyy Moore is our elite slot

lol I can't even finish it

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Getting flashbacks to the Tampa bay super bowl with these drops. The games where we’re up all first half and looking great then not scoring all second half are the worst to watch, as a viewer.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

dingo with a joint posted:

I would have naively figured that WRs would be lining up to be Pat's WR1. Is it that the Chiefs offer bad contracts? Is it that receivers think everyone will go "oh he's just getting good numbers cuz Pat's throwing to him"? Why aren't the good receivers knocking down the door to BV's office?

Meyers was the best FA WR last year, it wasn't a great year to try and get one in FA. 2024 should be better:

Tee Higgins
Michael Pittman
Mike Evans
Marquise Brown
Calvin Ridley
Darnell Mooney
Tyler Boyd
Gabriel Davis
Michael Thomas
D.J. Chark

But other than Higgins/Ridley it seems like a bunch of guys you'd want as your WR2.

E: Forgot Noah Brown.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/bobbystroupe/status/1727745535874908208?s=20

Mahomes trainer

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Having a failson in his first year as a WR coach hasn't exactly worked out so far tbf.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Toney out again and Hardman on IR. After watching Toney for a season, I’m wondering if the reason he’s always hurt is because he jukes like 10x more than anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s always contorting his body in crazy ways which makes him elusive sometimes but the dude moves like Gumby and it can’t be good for his body.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Hoping to see Richie James get involved in the offense today. Looks like Crosby is going to play even though he was listed as doubtful. Probably hungry for revenge after getting clowned on Neflix Quarterback.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

wazu posted:

Hoping to see Richie James get involved in the offense today. Looks like Crosby is going to play even though he was listed as doubtful. Probably hungry for revenge after getting clowned on Neflix Quarterback.

I think he’d need to be missing both legs before agreeing not to play

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Ort posted:

Toney out again and Hardman on IR. After watching Toney for a season, I’m wondering if the reason he’s always hurt is because he jukes like 10x more than anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s always contorting his body in crazy ways which makes him elusive sometimes but the dude moves like Gumby and it can’t be good for his body.

Boy I sure hope we don't lose to the loving Raiders today :-/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

SalTheBard posted:

Boy I sure hope we don't lose to the loving Raiders today :-/

As if that was even a possibility

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I’m going to the Houston game next week :cool:

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

I'm going with yes.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

As if that was even a possibility

I was about to skip this game and the first quarter baited me into thinking something funny could happen, even though I knew better

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

The337th posted:

I was about to skip this game and the first quarter baited me into thinking something funny could happen, even though I knew better

The gameday thread was full of "KC defense is so bad!" and "wow the Chiefs are actually going to lose to the Raiders!" as I sat back and enjoyed the few moments of good football just waiting for KC to gut us like usual and like clockwork it happened.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Maxx is nuts posted:

Maxx Crosby, who has been dealing with a knee injury since Week 2 but had not missed a defensive snap since Oct. 22, said he spent Thursday in an area hospital with "some real issues going on...all types of s---," including "some infections" that had him "down for the count for a few days."

The Las Vegas Raiders two-time Pro Bowl edge rusher would not go into more detail about his ailments but after becoming the first of 67 players to be listed as doubtful to play and still suit up this season, Crosby acknowledged he was "in a lot of f---ing pain" during the Raiders' 31-17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday.

best coaching call of the game was the late timeout to finally get him out of there when it was definitely over and he'd already collapsed on the previous play

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Spicy take:

Herbert is overrated.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Disagree

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Playerless rebuild is going swimmingly.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

LiquidFriend posted:

Spicy take:

Herbert is overrated.

I feel like Herbert is the Charger's Derek Carr.

Top 10 QB who has to change OC every year and never has a defense.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I hope Crosby is okay

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I missed yesterday’s Chiefs game but I see a WR went over 100 yards?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Pron on VHS posted:

Please ignore, Lost Season is in progress

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
An old friend looks to be nearing retirement

https://x.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1729201996887105576?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

RICE IS NICE

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's legitimately crazy

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

LiquidFriend posted:

Spicy take:

Herbert is overrated.

You're absolutely right

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's sad, but also kinda funny, to watch Herbert trapped in the same limbo that Carr always was, except with more personal talent and team potential being wasted

and all of that just gets summed up as a QB problem despite evidence of everything else

maybe he can escape before it's too late

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think I'm gonna go see the Broncos when they visit the Chargers at the Ram's stadium.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The official name should be Chargers Field at Rams Stadium lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think I'm gonna go see the Broncos when they visit the Chargers at the Ram's stadium.

In Russ we Trust

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's pretty funny to me that part of the Broncos turnaround is that Payton doesn't trust Russ to throw ball anymore, and now the national media is picking up the Russ Comeback Player of the Year story.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

kiimo posted:

He's legitimately crazy

When I think crazy, I don't think "Deion Sanders but more hesitant to hit someone."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think "physically try to fight his coaches at every level" and "mysteriously takes his socks off to rebel"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
He took his socks off because he thought he was done for the day and was changing out of his uniform. I will always love and defend Marcus Peters.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

He took his socks off because he thought he was done for the day and was changing out of his uniform. I will always love and defend Marcus Peters.

He didn't do this just once

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Got my nosebleeds for Sofi on Dec 10. :woop:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I don't even know what to say. All Toney had to do was line up correctly. I dunno... it's not all on him but jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Denver just one game behind :2monocle: