Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I remember in kindergarten having nap time, but it was only like 30 minutes, and if you didn't nap, you just had to lay down and be quiet.

But for $200 a week, well the parents can send their kid to a preschool with more than one attendant.

AITA for not going to the wedding of my dad and his affair partner?

quote:

When I was 17, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. 2 years later she passed away During these 2 years my dad was not around much. He was always working and going on business trips. My aunt and grandma took care of mom. About 5 months after my mother's passing my dad introduced me to his new girlfriend. I was pissed. I yelled at him how quickly he moved on from mom when they decided to tell me they had been in a relationship for 3 years. My dad had been cheating on my mom while she was dying. His business trips were to meet his affair partner. I was so angry I packed my stuff and left his house. I haven't spoken to him since that day.

Currently I am 25. The only family I speak to is an aunt who helped me when I left my dad's house. A few days ago my aunt called me, asked me how I was and then asked me if I heard from dad. I said why would I hear from him again. My aunt said dad is getting married to his affair partner and by going to his wedding it would help us mend our relationship. I said why would I do that. He is dead to me. There was a silence on the phone for a bit before my dad replied asking if that was what I felt about him. I immediately cut the call when I heard his voice. I realized he was with my aunt when she made the call to me. I texted my aunt telling her I asked her not tell dad anything about me and she agreed back then. She texted me back saying I was an rear end in a top hat for saying what I said and my dad is crushed hearing that and that I should move on by now. I did not want to argue with someone who helped me so I blocked her.

Over the next 2 days, I got sent a wedding invitation to my mail box. The only person in the family who knew my address was my aunt. And she gave my number to various members of the family. I am being bombarded with calls and texts from dad, uncles, cousins, aunts saying I should give him a chance and come to the wedding. Some calling me names for saying what I said. I got a text from the affair partner saying my dad is thinking of postponing the wedding and I should just talk to him. (For context, the affair partner was a friend of my mom and knew she had cancer). I said its not my fault if he postpones the wedding. I don't want to have relationship with dad or her. They are trying to force it. It got quiet after that but being told by so many people from my dad's side I am an rear end in a top hat did leave me conflicted but I am sticking to my guns. So AITA?

AITA for going through with a women only thanksgiving.

quote:

This has to do with my whole family. Last Easter all the women in the family got really pissed off that all of the guys beside one ( Tim) sat on their rear end. It was like pulling teeth to get them to help out. So for the Fourth of July we had them plan everything. It didn’t go well and they just grilled. No sides, no drinks, nothing.

I brought up the idea if they won’t help for thanksgiving this year, we should just kick them out and have a women’s only thanksgiving. I informed my husband and I was serious about it. The rest of the women did besides my MIL since she is a widow.

The day came and I told them they need to help or we will kicked them out. They sat and watched the game, could even bother to set the table. They did nothing so we kicked them out, this was MIL place. They were pissed and it came out it was my idea. I am getting so much poo poo for it from the guys side that I am now questioning if we went to far on this.

Also I know this will be asked, two kids (girls) and they are teenagers who did help without asking. They actually thought it was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for refusing to buy my wife tampons?

quote:

My (30 M) wife (30 F) wanted me to buy her a couple of tampons yesterday. The problem is, that I have a huge phobia of blood which I cannot help. Even thinking about something which is related to it makes me uncomfortable, and it's not just about menstruation either. I am serious when I say that I have a high degree of hemophobia, it's not something I can help and I WOULD have helped if I did not have it.

She knew about it, and I told her that she's heading out herself, she can get it from her drugstore instead (I was heading out to meet a friend myself, but there's another pharmacy next to where she was headed).

She asked me what the problem was and that as she's going to meet a friend she doesn't want to take the time to do it herself and asked me to help her. I asked her whether she doesn't know about my hemophobia, and she said "Yes, but I don't care about that now, and I would have expected you to not make such goddamn excuses when I am asking you to help me like that."

I got into an argument and I told her that she cannot understand as it makes me really uncomfortable and that I would have helped if not for this. I don't even like thinking about blood as I said, it's that hard for me since childhood. But she would listen and sparred with me, although in the end she said "gently caress it" and went to the store to get them herself.

When she returned she accused me of not helping her again, but also did apologize for not being more understanding or something. But I do worry that I should've helped, it's just I could not have.

AITA?

I swear I'm not lazy, I just can't even stand thinking about things that are blood adjacent! I'm throwing up just writing this post!!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

The daycare post says the kids doesn't have to nap, they can read or play quietly. Just not do stuff that disturbs the other kids. Seems reasonable.

Note that her definition of "play quietly" is "sit on your mat and look at books for an hour and a half." Which might be reasonable for like, 30 minutes so she can catch a breather. But after that she should be doing more age-appropriate quiet time activities for him like having him color quietly at the table or something.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

I swear I'm not lazy, I just can't even stand thinking about things that are blood adjacent! I'm throwing up just writing this post!!

i almost added this, lol. I love how reddit asks if he buys loving bandages.

Like, does he know tampons don't come out of the loving wrapper bloody?

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gonna need to know if the OP freaks out about buying band-aids.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Gonna need to know if the OP freaks out about buying band-aids.

Or raw meat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does OP freak out about being in the same room with his wife

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I want to say NTA because it could be that bad and the gf's response rubbed me the wrong way, but it absolutely hunges on whether he can interact with other "blood related" things when its important to him.

Like if he orders his steak raw dude can gently caress off.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does OP realize his entire body is full of blood all the time

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Dude must avoid his girlfriend during her period since just the thought of her bleeding will send him to the fainting couch.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Cowslips Warren posted:

Like, does he know tampons don't come out of the loving wrapper bloody?

You don’t get the pre soaked ones?

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Worked with a guy in the Navy who passed the gently caress out because he watched a movie that had some bloody scenes in it that he thought would be ok. As soon as I heard the medical emergency call over the 1MC I knew it was him. poo poo can be serious.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Coffee Sludge posted:

Worked with a guy in the Navy who passed the gently caress out because he watched a movie that had some bloody scenes in it that he thought would be ok. As soon as I heard the medical emergency call over the 1MC I knew it was him. poo poo can be serious.

I worked with a guy who volunteered for the safety team, and then when we got to the emergency trauma part of CPR/AED cert class he got real queasy and wouldn't look at any of the gore in the book. He then told me he couldn't handle blood. He confided that he was doing it to get noticed.

I was very glad he wasn't on my shift.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I see or think about blood I can feel myself bleeding, as like a tactile sensation, the last place I touched. But Ican see I'm not bleeding and shake it off, it doesn't really cause me nausea or impact my day to day.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

My wife can deal with blood if there's something happening and she has to deal with it, right now. If she stops and thinks about it, she'll faint. If they do a blood draw at the doctor's office, for example, she better be lying down when they start, because she'll absolutely be lying down before they finish. So I'm not sure this guy is TA, but if he's not, she might be, for acting like his phobia is not real

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A phobia of blood is one thing, a phobia of anything that reminds you of blood is a bit much

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh yeah, I get faint around blood, I can get that. I'm just not buying the part about not being able to think about tampons when you're in a functional relationship with someone who uses them.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I have no issues with blood and teach a lot of first aid/trauma courses but once one of my kids got a nosebleed and I decided to take her to the tub and run some water to get her cleaned off and I legit almost passed out in the tub with her. Literally have put a tourniquet on someone that was bleeding out but daughters nosebleed almost did me in

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait, what does he do if they have sex and her period starts early?

How the hell is he even in a relationship with a woman when we literally bleed for days a month?

AITA For not allowing BIL, his girlfriend, and their 6 dogs to move in with us?

quote:

My husband's brother (36) and his girlfriend (44) decided to breed dachshund puppies to make extra money because both of their incomes were not enough. That didn't make sense to us, but it was their decision and not our problem. With each litter that their dog has had, they've kept one or 2 puppies for themselves because they were cute, and right now they have 6 dogs. They were renting a house, but the landlord told them that she was not going to renew their lease and gave them several weeks to find a new place to live. They ran out of time and couldn't find a house within their budget and didn't have another choice than to move in with my MIL and FIL indefinitely. Mil's house is very small, and they're all uncomfortable there, but she was the only one willing to take them and their dogs in. It's been almost a year since they moved in with her, and MIL and FIL have been having a hard time putting up with the dogs because they don't stop barking and they keep peeing and pooping on the carpet and now the house smells awful. Also, the dogs are not neutered/spayed, and one of the females is pregnant by "accident". My husband, daughter, and I visited MIL once and the house was so chaotic that we don't want to go there again.

My husband and I have a large custom home that we designed and built through hard work and sacrifices, and have the space for them and their dogs. The only thing is that we don't want to deal with their dogs and bil's and gf's negligence, and turn our home into a shithole. We have 3 dogs of our own (alaskan malamute, golden retriever, and a maltese, all spayed and neutered), and we don't want to add 6 more until God knows when.

Because FIL and MIL are fed up, they're asking us to take them in because they'll be more comfortable here. We told her that bil and the gf can come live with us, but not the dogs. Bil and gf are upset because we're "unwilling to help them" and they're telling the rest of the family that we're not good people. We're willing to help them, we just don't want their dogs here.

Also, we're expecting our second child due on April 2024, and with bil and gf working full time and me being a stay at home mom means that I will be the one to take care of their dachshunds during the day until they get off work.

Are we the assholes?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

I have no issues with blood and teach a lot of first aid/trauma courses but once one of my kids got a nosebleed and I decided to take her to the tub and run some water to get her cleaned off and I legit almost passed out in the tub with her. Literally have put a tourniquet on someone that was bleeding out but daughters nosebleed almost did me in

Ok, but did typing it give you the vapours while going "ew blood ooweeooweeoo" for ages? Because that's what this guy is saying.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I mean, I'm on their side but

quote:

Bil and gf are upset because we're "unwilling to help them" and they're telling the rest of the family that we're not good people. We're willing to help them, we just don't want their dogs here.
just stop lying lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

quote:

It's been almost a year since they moved in with her, and MIL and FIL have been having a hard time putting up with the dogs because they don't stop barking and they keep peeing and pooping on the carpet and now the house smells awful. Also, the dogs are not neutered/spayed, and one of the females is pregnant by "accident".

Get-rich-quick scheme of becoming clueless dog breeders going exactly as well as I expected from the first sentence :stonklol:

Document the state of the parents' house for evidence when the uninvolved family members get judgy, I guess.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for forcing my nieces and nephews to stay on their cots for 1.5 hours?

Pretty sure this is standard operating procedure for all child care. But no, your kid is so special and smart he shouldn't ever have to nap or do what he doesn't want to.

Man, I'd have killed for the option to just play quietly instead of having to pretend I wasn't born with problems sleeping for an hour of being unable to fall asleep. Our daycare would get mad if you didn't at least appear to be asleep. Enforced nap hours were absolutely miserable.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
My (36F) boyfriend (43M) refuses to do the Fair Play method and I'm at my wits end about chores. How can I get him to participate in housework more fairly?

quote:

We moved in together 2 years ago and it's felt like I'm the only one who does any housework. We'd had a few small discussions about it, and he always got kind of defensive listing off all the things he does around the house.
I don't think he does nothing around the house, but it feels like he gets to pick and choose what chores he does, does them to whatever % completion until he's bored, then I end up picking up the slack. (e.g. he'll fill the sink and let the dishes soak then walk away, and I get to fish through moldy food filled water 3 days later finishing them.)
I brought this up to my therapist who suggested I propose the Fair Play cards, which is a series of cards with daily tasks that are meant to be a means of defining who is doing what chore and holding them accountable. I showed him, and he actively berated this system. "So you're just going to treat me like a toddler with a chore chart then?" and "This sounds like a way to prevent men from playing video games" were his main points.
He said he had a way better method than the Fair Play cards, and he called it the "Just do it" method, which he defined as "If you see a chore that needs to be done, just do it. We don't need to complicate things with cards and charts. See a dish? Just do it. See laundry? Just do it. Easy."
The thing is, after bringing up the Fair Play cards (which went nowhere, we didn't start that system), he's gotten really weird. He's started making a big spiteful commotion about chores. The most recent example is from this morning. Yesterday was garbage day. I got up at 7am, did laundry, did dishes, fed the dogs, cleaned the kitchen and had just settled on the couch to relax at 11am when he woke up. He asked me "Hey, did you bring in the garbage?" I said no, he said "Why not? You saw it, and didn't do it? What happened to the Just Do It method." I said I have been doing chores all morning and asked if he could bring it in. He wasn't quite yelling but said "The Just Do It system falls apart when we start noticing things and not doing them" I got frustrated and said "Well I didn't notice it until you brought it up, so this one is on you" and he really didn't like that. He stomped out to get it, muttering about how this is bullshit and came in and put headphones on and started playing a video game and is refusing to talk to me.
Does anyone else have any suggestions about how to get this situation under control? I'm starting to resent him for how he's acting. I think I'm starting to acknowledge that his response to my therapist's suggested Fair Play method is a red flag, but it's so hard to admit. I'm scared that this won't get better and the relationship might end up being a bust.

You know, I'm not a big fan of flash cards for chores either. And I kind of feel like once you're at that point with a partner, it's time to think about what your future might look like without them.

But this guy is a complete piece of poo poo.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

blackmet posted:

My (36F) boyfriend (43M) refuses to do the Fair Play method and I'm at my wits end about chores. How can I get him to participate in housework more fairly?

You know, I'm not a big fan of flash cards for chores either. And I kind of feel like once you're at that point with a partner, it's time to think about what your future might look like without them.

But this guy is a complete piece of poo poo.

that boyfriend is really pissy that he let his figurative blindfold slip and had to do a singular chore, oof.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

r/relationships: This sounds like a way to prevent men from playing video games

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

haveblue posted:

A phobia of blood is one thing, a phobia of anything that reminds you of blood is a bit much

Poor OP, thought of periods and died :(

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait, what does he do if they have sex and her period starts early?

Oh yeah, stoked to have you and your horde of nightmare incest puppies move in with us! I wanted to rip up and replace every bit of subfloor in my house because it's soaked in piss anyways!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
[MA] BANNED FROM SMASH BROS

quote:

I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene. They use the local community college to host this and TOLD ME BY EMAIL IF I CAME THERE THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME IN. This was out of nowhere so I immediately called the TO, who told me why. He said it was because I was frequently toxic and angry. He said that I yell at players and make them uncomfortable and scared, and that a girl quit because of me. While I DO sometimes get frustrated and vocalize it, so do many other people I am simply being discriminated against my voice is naturally deeper than most. also the truth is a girl never quit that is a complete lie, she was just butthurt that she was worst than everyone there. I'm so loving irate. I've been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance? I am entitled to a certain level of RESPECT for being a veteran player. I'm looking into finding a lawyer who get me unbanned. There MUST be a law that prevents people from arbitrarily banning others from certain locations without written documents proving it (the TO just SAID I was banned he did not provide any evidence.) The TO isn't rich or anything so I don't think I would have to ask a lot from him, I think he'd break under just pressure of lawsuit.

edit: God damnit, well here it is again if you missed it like I did.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AKA Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 26, 2023

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I'm not mad, the girl is just dumb and smelly!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man, Tuesday comes earlier every week

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Remember that one woman whose husband accused her of "financial infidelity" because she bought a gaming pc? And then it turned out he was having an affair with a younger coworker? And said affair partner told OP to move out of the house she lived in, because the cheating husband told many, many lies that OP was a drug addict squatting in his house when the house belonged to OP in the first place?

TL;DR OP is finally divorced, and the pregnant affair partner decided to stay with the ex-husband after being told the truth.

Post-Divorce Update: Financial Infidelity Accusation/Cheating Husband

quote:

Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers as it's been a few months since my last update, but I originally posted earlier this year about my husband "Joe" accusing me of "financial infidelity" because I had spent some of my own fun money/savings (within our agreed-upon personal spending limits) on a gaming PC and home office setup. Which then devolved into him (unfairly) accusing me of slacking on my personal appearance, career, and housework, and soon it came it out that he'd been having an affair with a coworker ("Amy") who had become pregnant. We separated right after that (he moved out and in with her).

My last update is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AITAH/comments/15u68ur/latest_update_was_accused_of_financial/ and prior chapters in the story are available on my profile if anyone wants to read from the beginning.

(And, apologies in advance, the next update (below) is quite long!)

Last time I updated, we had thankfully quickly agreed on a divorce settlement that allowed me to protect my most important assets, and I had just met with his mistress Amy at her request. At which time it was made clear that he had lied to her about numerous circumstances, such as that our home belonged to him (it did not, I inherited it from my grandmother), that I was an underemployed high school dropout drug addict (I'm not, I have a master's degree and a high-paying tech job), that we'd been "separated in spirit" for years (also not true, I didn't know anything until he blurted out the news about his affair over the summer), and that he had a vasectomy (he did not, we talked about it but he decided not to despite us - him in particular - not wanting kids). I told her the truth and even provided as much evidence as I had on me, but she didn't seem believe me and went on home to Joe.

I know quite a few people have been reaching out for more news, but I wanted to wait until my divorce was finalized to avoid risking any complications, and also just thought it best to let things settle for a bit. The good news is - I'm now divorced! The final decree came through a few weeks ago. It actually all went very smoothly (I'm eternally grateful to live in a "mutual consent" divorce state that allows divorcing couples to proceed quickly if they can come to an agreement on finances and property).

On the Joe/Amy front, after my last post, all was quiet for a couple weeks, until Amy, her due date quickly approaching, reached out *again* to ask if I'd given any more thought to her offer to pay me $17K to vacate the house quickly so that she and Joe could move in. (Again this is the house I inherited that I own free and clear, but Joe told her he owns it and that he was just giving me time to get my finances together before evicting me.) At this point I decided to package up a lot more evidence of Joe's lies to send on to Amy. I sent her a copy of the deed and property tax records showing the house is in my name only. I sent her copies of my diplomas to prove I am not a high school dropout. I sent her some info on various professional associations I am involved in and awards I have won to show I actually do have a senior-level job and am not underemployed, as well as proof of my income. I sent her copies of all my drug test results for the past 5 years (I have a drug-free workplace and have to test 2-3 times a year) to show I am not an addict. I sent her time-stamped photos and text exchanges to show that Joe was still having a romantic relationship with me until July this year (nothing salacious, just photos of us showing G-rated affection, exchanging loving words over text, etc.). I even found a text exchange from a couple years ago when we last discussed him potentially getting a vasectomy, with his final decision not to proceed with one.

A couple days later she responded - she believed me! However, in the end it didn't matter as Joe convinced her he had lied for Very Good Reasons. The way they both tell the story, they met at work and were incredibly drawn to each other, in a way that felt "inevitable." However, due to Joe being married, he felt that if Amy knew he was (to that point) happily married she would either turn away from him and miss out on the "love of a lifetime," or she would go ahead with an affair but be consumed with guilt. So, to avoid either of these outcomes, and especially to save Amy from guilt, Joe decided to create an alternative narrative in which he was in a marriage that had ended for all intents and purposes years ago, in all ways but legally, because I was an uneducated addict who kept relapsing and couldn't get my life together. That was she could essentially believe he was single. (How noble of Joe, to bear all the guilt alone! /s)

Unfortunately, Amy said she understood and forgave him immediately. With a baby due any day, I suppose I can sort of understand the desire to justify the lies, even thought the reality is horrifying. I suppose it's also not my problem anymore. Amy did have her baby over a month ago and I guess she and Joe will...make whatever life together (or not) is meant to be.

As for me, I'm doing very well! Actually got a big promotion at work (not managing people which I don't want to do, but will be working on higher-profile projects - with a 40% raise!) which starts after the new year. The house is really big for just me, so I have a couple roommates now - a friend who is also going through a divorce moved in, as well as a younger (mid-20s) cousin who moved to the city for work. We're all having a lot of fun together. I'm not really ready to date yet (still in therapy processing all the marital fallout) but getting there and looking forward to whatever new adventures life has to offer.

This will probably be my last post (in this series anyway) as the saga of Joe and Amy, or at least my role in it, is finished; with us legally divorced and having no ongoing financial or other ties, the best thing I can do is leave them to their own story and get on with my Joe-free next phase.

Thank you all for listening to my story for much of 2023, I do truly appreciate the support and helpful advice I received along the way.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It isn't even Tuesday

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Batterypowered7 posted:

It isn't even Tuesday

It's always Tuesday somewhere

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
before video games, was it solely sports/going to the bar to pick up his mistress/reading the paper?

AITAH for not signing on blank piece of paper to prove my trust to my husband?

quote:

My husband and I were arguing about paternity testing after reading lots of reddit stories about it. He said that men should be able to get it without judgement and I said that women should be trusted in a committed relationship. I told him that if he wants DNA test then we should not have kids.

He came back to me with a blank page and told me to sign it. I asked him why?? and he told me that he wants it. I told him that I will never sign a blank paper ever. He asked me whether I think that he will use it for bad things or ever harm me. I said no, I dont. Then he told me that I should not worry and sign it and trust him.

Then he said that he will not ask for DNA test because he trust me but I should also show my trust and sign on the blank paper. He said he will not have kids with me unless I do it.

Its stupid, they are not equivalent, no one should sign a blank paper. Thats the first thing we are taught. He just tell me to trust him and sign it, says he needs to know his wife trust him completely before he can have children.

I cant explain my viewpoint properly, he feels he got me. Am I wrong here?????

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Elviscat posted:

Oh yeah, stoked to have you and your horde of nightmare incest puppies move in with us! I wanted to rip up and replace every bit of subfloor in my house because it's soaked in piss anyways!

They had a year to get their act together and wasted it being slackers and horrible breeders. No landlord is going to allow six non-potty trained weiner dogs in their property

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

quantumwell posted:

They had a year to get their act together and wasted it being slackers and horrible breeders. No landlord is going to allow six non-potty trained weiner dogs in their property

"Property viewing for... ay, six wieners!? Aw crud"

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I kinda want to know what dumbass gamergater youtuber rabbit hole Chores Guy has gone down.

I mean, when your response to being asked to do chores is incoherent babble about how chores are a conspiracy against men to force them to stop playing video games.... that doesn't feel like it came out of nowhere, feels like it came outta somewhere.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for refusing to make lasagna for Christmas after what my MIL did last year?

quote:

I (30f) have been together with my husband Michael (31m) for 7 years. Married for 3 and dating for 4. My MIL (58f) has always hosted Christmas ever since I've known him.

I've always made lasagna for Christmas and other special occasions. I'm essentially the family lasagna maker, and I honestly don't really mind since I love to cook and bake.

However, last year my MIL decided to make lasagna based off what she saw me doing when she was at my house and a receipe she she got off the internet. I was surprised that she prepared a pan of her own, but didn't say anything and even got a small piece.

It did not taste good, and it was barely touched whilst mine had almost half gone near the end of the dinner. That infuriated my MIL, and she wound up doing a rant about how everyone loves me more than and tried to throw my lasagna in the trash. I say tried because it mainly ended up on the floor.

Michael and I quickly left after that, and my MIL has not apologized for it since.

Yesterday she called me to confirm what I was making for Christmas this year, and on her list of things I should make was lasagna.

I politely said I wasn't going to make lasagna due to last year's incident and I'd be happy to make anything else. my MIL wasn't as polite and called me vindictive for refusing to make the lasagna over a small mistake.

I just refused again and it made my MIL angrier so she told me that unless I show up with lasagna in hand, she wouldn't let me be at the Christmas celebration.

My husband says its easier to just make the lasagna to keep the peace, and I shouldn't hold my MIL's mistake that she made out of anger against her.

Word got to my SIL and BIL from my MIL and they're saying I should also make it even if it's just half of what I would usually make.