Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I can't see them moving on from Douglas until the Rodgers saga concludes. Either he plays next year and is great and they make a playoff run. Which I have to imagine heals many wounds and everyone is safe for a while. Or Rodgers never plays again/returns and loving sucks because he's 40 years old and rushed back from a ruptured achilles treated with mud and dolphin squeaks. In which case the staff is blown up in an explosion that can be seen from neighboring galaxies.

Or at least, it should be. Woody Johnson's "leadership" has not exactly been inspiring over his tenure.

There are coaches who have the upper hand in the power dynamic vs the GM. Like Vrabel when they fired Jon Robinson. I do not get the impression that Saleh is the driving force in that building. He might go before Douglas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I kinda hope Saleh gets a second chance somewhere. He really seems like the ideal Bears coach since they're already used to bad offenses.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mega64 posted:

I kinda hope Saleh gets a second chance somewhere. He really seems like the ideal Bears coach since they're already used to bad offenses.

Zach Wilson would have been a prophet in Chicago.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Docjowles posted:

Or Rodgers never plays again/returns and loving sucks because he's 40 years old and rushed back from a ruptured achilles treated with mud and dolphin squeaks. In which case the staff is blown up in an explosion that can be seen from neighboring galaxies.

This caught me off guard and loving killed me, good job!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

If Rodgers comes back every Jets fan will be cringing with every dropback and for good reason. Don't let an aging QB devour your salary cap.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe pairing an egotistical aging QB with Nathaniel Hackett would lead to disastrous results.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

I can't believe pairing an egotistical aging QB with Nathaniel Hackett would lead to disastrous results.

They need to show him that he's valued more than other players by say ... giving him his own office in the team facilities and letting him bring in his own private QB coach. That should turn things around.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

They need to show him that he's valued more than other players by say ... giving him his own office cave in the team facilities and letting him bring in his own private QB coach. That should turn things around.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1728824343906656664?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

at least he could fall back on being a game show announcer

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I still think there's a chance Daboll gets fired at the end of the year. The dude has seemed like he's on the brink of a meltdown for months now.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Daboll survives on coty. Longterm he looks primed to be Nagy 2.0

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's the actual video (and please don't post Dov Kleiman in this thread)

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1728824887173615778

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Sheena_Marie3/status/1728885551913447502

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I'm sure he's feeling very introspective now, and will definitely stay more hands off in the future.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

uh oh, he finally overheard someone making a point guard joke

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gutless

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/sheena_marie3/status/1728888371743985897?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

:pathetic:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/willkunkelfox/status/1728885412616392870?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whelp Benne, that’s your cue to post a new update.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/thekurb/status/1728897058453770670?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God drat he's not even gonna last as long as Urban and Hackett did

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dj chark of all people tossing Bryce under the Mini cooper

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1728891773966332304?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Goddammit post twitter.com links instead of x.com links in the forums so they actually embed :mad:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Nice to know we've come full circle and drafted Teddy Bridgewater #1 overall.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Goddammit post twitter.com links instead of x.com links in the forums so they actually embed :mad:

jokes on you, twitter links haven't embedded for me in like 2 years

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

God drat he's not even gonna last as long as Urban and Hackett did

Who’d replace him as an interim? Jim Caldwell is on the staff, comedy option Dom Capers or Duce “Chrysanthemum” Staley…

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Feeling proud that my dogshit team is the one that gets coaches fired this year if they lose to them.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Wait did Bryce check into that screen on 4th down???

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

steve wilks must be laughing his rear end off

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Wait did Bryce check into that screen on 4th down???

point

guard

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

Seriously! It takes like 3 seconds to make the edit. Lazy rear end posters up in here.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fartknocker posted:

Who’d replace him as an interim? Jim Caldwell

Former HC, well-liked by players, hasn't coached anywhere since 2019 but came to the Panthers this year as a "senior assistant." He's 100% the guy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Staley because it'll be fun to watch him go nuts.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Seriously! It takes like 3 seconds to make the edit. Lazy rear end posters up in here.

Or just copy and paste it into the thread as half the time even Twitter embeds don't work anymore. Tired of having to click through x.com links

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think I'm pretty convinced that's there are only maybe a dozen or so coaches in the league who aren't actively terrible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dom capers. Panthers first qb being replaced by their first coach.

It’s like poetry. It rhymes.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
That whole Panthers staff is like a who’s who of upcoming coaches
-Adrian Wilson was the player turned GM
-Josh McCown was a head coach in waiting
-Ejiro Eviro was smart enough not to touch the Broncos mess

You gotta think that all those guys are doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah, that whole staff were supposed to be up and comers down to the positional coaches, right? Every career just got set back and the franchise as a wholeb looks dead