Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this card is just like me fr.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

One time I was watching two friends play. One had just milled (discarded) the other guy's deck completely away and was sitting there smug and sure he'd win. But the other friend had enchantments on the field that could be triggered on the phase before he'd lose, and they'd do just enough direct damage to kill the mill guy.

Mill guy angrily pitched a d20 across the table, which bounced and hit the winning guy straight in the forehead hard enough to leave an imprint.

lol big backwards "1"-shaped welt

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I hate Magic the Gathering for what my inability to focus on other things says about me.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Spanish Manlove posted:

what about self mill?

Dredge players shall be buried alive, as they deserve.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Abhorrence posted:

just doing their jobs for them at that point

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this card is just like me fr.....

"nicest person you'll ever meet and TWISTED loving PSYCHOPATH"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Abhorrence posted:

I just built a deck that at the end of your turn you make a number of 1/1s from however many cards have been sent to your graveyard during your turn. The stipulation I put in was "everything has to be a permanent" because of the goofy rulings on it:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the fun thing about that otherwise useless card is that it's apparently a reference to mafia/werewolf where your opponent either guesses the card, or has one of their cards "killed"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i had to uninstall MtG: Arena because it made me madder than any game has ever made me mad before lol draft ftw

i have since been vindicated since my last post by causing two scoops in a bo3 cube, once when i slapped Sword of Feast and Famine on Questing Beast and then when i got Hornet Queen out unopposed followed by Inferno Titan. sincerely, cube ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of self-mill, there are all sorts of graveyard effects you can use to get advantage in yugioh, and the deck size is 40-60, meaning this card became insanely broken until it was banned

it's actually still legal as a one-of in JP and online, i guess because Grass decks are really gimmicky and fold to most competent decks if they don't topdeck their one copy of Grass in a 60 card deck

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

ArfJason posted:

yo wait what?? am i hallucinating or didnt something similar to this happen with a similar blackface argument following it??

Might be thinking of a few years ago when white people using sassy reaction gifs got called "digital blackface" a bunch, don't think it originated here though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
now im remembering when every single poster in TVIV called The Big Bang Theory "nerd blackface"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Might be thinking of a few years ago when white people using sassy reaction gifs got called "digital blackface" a bunch, don't think it originated here though

Thats not it. I think i just gaslit myself.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ArfJason posted:

Thats not it. I think i just gaslit myself.

not blackface, but there was the guy who compared getting an avatar to rape

AJA posted:

I mean, it's just offensive. In all seriousness, this is the actual rape of my on-line being. I do not accept this. I did not AND DO NOT give consent for this. I was happy and whole just rockin' along with my FORUMS NOOBIE tag. Forums poster Willa Rogers and their little odious cult gathering took that from me, for nothing more than THE LULZ. And just because they could.

When you think about it, that is completely and utterly hosed up. Seriously, if Forums user Willa Rogers supports and condones these actions, then it should be known that they are just an utterly monstrous, empty, miserable fuckstain. A blight.

Shameful, really.

P.S., to any complicit mods who are just sitting there tapping their ban batons and itching to assert their on-line authority on pOsTiNg AbOuT pOsTeRs, maybe you should take a second and consider what this forced rape avatar actually constitutes.

Not that I expect you to. Oh, well. Meet the new :10bux::10bux:Jeffrey:10bux::10bux: boss, same as the old :10bux::10bux:Lowtax:10bux::10bux: boss.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That will be me if my carlos sainz avatars ever get changed back to a driver I don't like

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I refuse to play MtG but I WILL study the images and lore

edit- wtf they make all these awesome settings and then just gently caress it all up with evil robots invading them all but lol at the idea of the MtG version of hogwarts getting invaded by robots. you cant windgadia leviosa a robot I bet
because they no longer do Blocks of sets(Khans of Tarkir, Ravnica, etc) and instead basically do self-contained individual sets with maybe a loosely connected overarching narrative, it has completely hosed the storyline in mtg in general, such as with the phyrexian invasion like you said which both happens AND ends in a single set.

anyways there are jurassic park cards now and they're pretty cool

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thought about the guy who got an red text saying they liked big anime titties and melted down over it and lol'd

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Can't imagine why you wouldn't take that as a compliment tbh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

get this saga out of here, this is the legends thread

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
big tiddies? who's goin around telling people I like that like some kinda sick freak

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

mightve been this. gomene (thanks in japanese)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

get this saga out of here, this is the legends thread
oh I've got a legend for ya

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

wrong pizza with potatoes and spicy mayo and bbq octopus and a whole salad on top rules

:\

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

oh I've got a legend for ya

is this real

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ArfJason posted:

mightve been this. gomene (thanks in japanese)

douitashimashite

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Yep magic is jumping the shark.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
or maybe it's getting good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there is a portion of the mtg playerbase very mad that the One Ring is a good card because its from lord of the rings and not magic the gathering and shouldn't be allowed

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Invictus posted:

because they no longer do Blocks of sets(Khans of Tarkir, Ravnica, etc) and instead basically do self-contained individual sets with maybe a loosely connected overarching narrative, it has completely hosed the storyline in mtg in general, such as with the phyrexian invasion like you said which both happens AND ends in a single set.

anyways there are jurassic park cards now and they're pretty cool

give Sam Jackson a cigarette already

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
couldnt get wayne knights likeness pathetic

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

more falafel please posted:

give Sam Jackson a cigarette already

Even as a smoker that scene made me feel queasy. I could taste burning filter

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thought about the guy who got an red text saying they liked big anime titties and melted down over it and lol'd

lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
classic goon telephone, the real story is he was "defamed" with an AV that says he likes to jack it to big anime titties, and then threatened to file a civil suit against Jeffrey

sincx posted:

Which forum or forums your issue is related to (if any)

The "Other's Avatar" purchase process

A concise summary of your issue

I was just "gifted" an avatar that is not only harassing and degrading, but also untrue and lacks any basis.

There's no accountability for people who buy defamatory avatars, and no formal appeals process for getting them removed.

Honestly, this "avatar harassment" system feels like an immature and harmful relic of the Lowtax days, and has more than worn out its welcome. All it does is let people with a lot of disposable income haze other users without accountability or responsibility. This "dog eat dog" revenue generation system fit Lowtax's MO, but I think it's past time the forums moved on from that.

At the very least, I'd like this avatar removed/blanked. But I think an overhaul of the entire other's avatar purchase system is necessary. Make it so that only forum users in good standing can purchase avatars for others, and either (a). make it so avatar purchases for others are public, or (b). make it so that the recipient of an avatar have the option to blank out a gifted avatar. (Restoration of the previous avatar could still require payment, to keep some revenue going.)

Examples of the issue, if you have them

The harassing avatar I just received.

Any relevant conversations you may have had with forum moderators or admins

I thought there was a thread in QCS for requesting removal of harassing avatars, but I don't see any.

sincx posted:

Accusing someone of " furiously masturbating to anime titties " without evidence or basis in most boards would be grounds for a probation. Why should it be allowed an avatar attack form?

I still think that:

"this "avatar harassment" system feels like an immature and harmful relic of the Lowtax days, and has more than worn out its welcome. All it does is let people with a lot of disposable income haze other users without accountability or responsibility. This "dog eat dog" revenue generation system fit Lowtax's MO, but I think it's past time the forums moved on from that.

What positives is it bringing to the forums, beyond some marginal revenue? Is that revenue worth the harassment and degradation?

Then I would need to file a civil suit against DOES 1-10, and serve a subpoena on Jeffrey of YOSPOS asking for the records regarding the avatar purchase, to figure out who actually purchased the avatar. I think no one wants that to happen.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he was wrong i wanted him to file a civil lawsuit

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
what, was he gonna go before a judge and say both that he's a something awful forums poster and he categorically has never jacked it to anime tiddies?

lmao good luck with that

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
100% wayne knight is unbashedly into big anime boobs

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
It was not furious, I was serene

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Actually, your honor, the question is not whether I've masturbated to anime titties... no, the real crux is whether I have furiously masturbated to anime titties.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

There were a lot of similar reactions when the NOJOE gang tag was changed to JOE

pentyne posted:

classic goon telephone, the real story is he was "defamed" with an AV that says he likes to jack it to big anime titties, and then threatened to file a civil suit against Jeffrey

I liked a couple months later when someone else included that anime titties meltdown in a QCS thread accusing the D&D mods of harassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i vaguely remember lowtax changing the stupid newbie avatar into trump voter which caused a meltdown