Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Subjunctive posted:

I dunno about pineapple shandy, but “michelada” and “black and tan” are well-established genres of beer-based drink.

Pineapple was the option I was questioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Frank Frank posted:

Pineapple was the option I was questioning.

I’d try it, probably not as my first drink.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I had a beer with pineapple in it once, it was genuinely in my top 3 worst tastes of all time. Simultaneously incredibly bitter, acidic, and cloying sweet with an unshakeable aftertaste.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i forget what fruit flavor beer it was but i was camping up in Wyoming 2 years ago and had one that tasted exactly like bile. i couldn't do more than 2 sips, the second was just to confirm the first sip

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pineapple juice and beer isn't an unusual combination but I can't find anything that doesn't involve other ingredients. I could see it working if you pick the beer very carefully and get the ratio just right, but if you don't it's going to be an undrinkable mess.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Large Testicles posted:

i forget what fruit flavor beer it was but i was camping up in Wyoming 2 years ago and had one that tasted exactly like bile. i couldn't do more than 2 sips, the second was just to confirm the first sip

Sour beer tastes like that. I have no idea why anyone would ever drink it.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I hope the Texan place in Japan has a secret menu, like Chinese places in America. For when you just need a burger, a beer, and a shot.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

lifg posted:

I hope the Texan place in Japan has a secret menu, like Chinese places in America. For when you just need a burger, a beer, and a shot.

this was an amazing secret i learned. you can go into a chinese place and be like "make me mala tofu" even tho it's not on the menu and most places have no loving problem with it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Idk, I've done a black and tan or whatever with pineapple cider that was pretty good, so it can work.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Sour beer tastes like that. I have no idea why anyone would ever drink it.

Because sours are a delicious and unique taste experience instead of the universally cloying "Dr. Zhivago death march through a tundra of hops and bitterness" that you get with IPAs, which are 98% of the beer market.

On a more personal note, I get violently ill after more than single beer, so the combination of (comparatively) low ABV and complex, interesting taste makes it actually worth having a beer once in a while.

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 19:30 on Nov 26, 2023

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Because sours are a delicious and unique taste experience

On a more personal note, I get violently ill after more than single beer

Think I found your problem, hoss

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Mass market sour beers are how you can drink Zima without being judged by manly beer men.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

A good fruited sour whips rear end

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Warbird posted:

A good fruited sour whips rear end

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
nothing makes me feel more like i'm dying of old age than people roughly my age talking about beer flavor

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

A Belgian cherry or raspberry lambic: Yes Please

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Drink the ones that taste good, don't drink the other ones. It's easy, dunno why you nerds need to complicate poo poo.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

syntaxfunction posted:

Drink the ones that taste good, don't drink the other ones. It's easy, dunno why you nerds need to complicate poo poo.

I need to prove how cool I am by insulting things other people enjoy though

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The other half of the mystery is that some tastes are literally acquired. After a while you don't really notice the bitterness of hops and start to get the other flavours it has.

So it's not just "ew why do these idiots like this awful-tasting drink" is dumb because who cares let people enjoy things, it's because it literally doesn't taste awful to them.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

big mean giraffe posted:

I need to prove how cool I am by insulting things other people enjoy though

i like sparkling waters, you can make fun of those

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

The other half of the mystery is that some tastes are literally acquired. After a while you don't really notice the bitterness of hops and start to get the other flavours it has.

So it's not just "ew why do these idiots like this awful-tasting drink" is dumb because who cares let people enjoy things, it's because it literally doesn't taste awful to them.

A fun part of working in Coffee for a decade is having to frequently explain this concept to people that just refuse to believe coffee can taste like blueberries or whatever.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/troop_hater/status/1728527735507615867?s=20

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

who tf named them texaboos and not yehawboos

Come on, sweet-teaboo is right there. :colbert:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

sippin pretty

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

$43?!? For hot dogs???

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

grittyreboot posted:

$43?!? For hot dogs???

$43 dollars for memories that last a lifetime, splitting a bucket of pretzel dogs with ya best gal on a summer evening.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Grassy Knowles posted:

i like sparkling waters, you can make fun of those

Sup sparkling water friend! I got a Ninja Thirsti, and it's ok.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gently caress that she can by her own wiener bucket

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Knormal posted:

dudes always cuttin holes in the shared wiener bucket

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Wiener Bucket was my ex's pet name for me.

I also cost $43.09.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Knormal posted:

How did you know I call your girl “wiener bucket”

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Old and busted: bag of dicks
New hotness: bucket of weiners

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

a cargo of cocks

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

a cargo of cocks

But enough about last night

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

A fun part of working in Coffee for a decade is having to frequently explain this concept to people that just refuse to believe coffee can taste like blueberries or whatever.

That’s what the flavored syrup is for, duh.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

a cargo of cocks

A real driveby gangbang

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

A pitcher of penises

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

A projectorum of pudendæ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

A plethora of phalluses