Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Russel Wilson is…. Good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Probably Magic posted:

Texans and Lions are pretty good, also, this Broncos team is still rear end, they'll find a way to lose some gimmes.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lmao they’re absolutely not winning out cmon dude. Even 2 more wins though is a great season all things considered

wilderthanmild posted:

Looking at a 5-5 team with a schedule that includes a 8-3 team, 7-3 team, and 6-4 team and thinking they could win out seems a little optimistic. If they win those three games, which I think is a long shot, they have a decent shot since the rest of the games are not good teams. Even then though, it requires a level of consistently good play we just haven't seen from the Broncos.

Anyone want to change their mind on the Broncos now

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bellmaker posted:

you're beating a team with backup quarterbacks, lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Bellmaker posted:

lol.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bellmaker posted:

No

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Bellmaker posted:

Absolutely not.

Beating the Browns with DTR as a starting QB doesn't make me think they are any more likely to win out.

:toxx: If the Broncos win out I will donate $100 to a Denver area charity. I usually pick foodbanks for this stuff but I'll have to research denver charities a bit.

I encourage you to make a toxx for the opposite if you're so confident, but I will keep my toxx regardless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The browns defense is weird in that they can be good but they did allow both the Colts and the Ravens score 30+

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Yo the Broncos fuckin rule

I wish you all good health and happiness

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Thank you for winning Broncos. Too bad the Raiders couldn’t do the same.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/1728931357630337525

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wrestling remains the key

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1728931049466630564

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Raiders will always disappoint. Winning those 2 games after firing the douchebag was cool but ultimately useless as it just ensures that we don't get a shot at a decent QB in the draft.

The more things change...

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1728900043703570565?s=46

he needed it after last night

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Yo the Broncos fuckin rule

I wish you all good health and happiness

I don't mind the Broncos beating us, but drat, the injuries are real loving bad. DTR, Coop, Z, Elliot, and maybe Myles all got dinged up. Hard to win when you lose 4 "starters" for big stretches.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

The browns defense is weird in that they can be good but they did allow both the Colts and the Ravens score 30+

It's partly that they rely on being super aggressive which can blow up in their faces sometimes. They mostly thrive on getting ahead on down and distance and coming up big on third downs, particularly when the other team needs to pass on 3rd downs. When that doesn't work, they don't work. They also are much better at stopping the pass than the run.

This is made worse when their bad offense often strings together multiple 3 and outs in a row and give the defense zero break. Aggressive defense is much less effective when everyone is exhausted.

Also a lot of other teams points come off other units either straight up giving up points or leaving the defense in a poo poo spot. The last Ravens game for example had 14 points off of a pick 6 on the opening drive and a muffed punt giving the Ravens the ball at the 10.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 27, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos are the superior football team. *blasts Hail to the Wal Mart and WalMart; My Superstore, Tis of Thee*

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

birds

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It is about to be December. The Denver Broncos are in playoff contention; the Buffalo Bills are not

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

jalen hurts rules, go birds

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

0-6

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Bellmaker posted:

Lmao no. I think Payton’s a good coach but ya’ll aren’t winning out. Don’t be delusional .

Will happily join in on the Denver area donation toxx on this one.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 27, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Chris James 2 posted:

It is about to be December. The Denver Broncos are in playoff contention; the Buffalo Bills are not

Who would've guessed after Week 3 or so that by this point in the season the Broncos would have a better record than the Bills?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheBizzness posted:

Russel Wilson is…. Good?
:hawksin:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Man, no team dangles a carrot in front of their fans then gives them a swift kick in the crotch quite like the Bills.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

real talk that was two good teams and the home team won in OT. the problem for the Bills is that their record isn't good enough to absorb that loss

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills are a fundamentally unserious team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

real talk that was two good teams and the home team won in OT. the problem for the Bills is that their record isn't good enough to absorb that loss

I saw someone elsewhere say "they couldn't take another loss after the Bengals game"

They're 1-2 since then
They still have to play Mahomes, Dak, Herbert, and Tua

It's over. Frankly it's been over

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

It'll all be good when Aaron Schatz formally declares them to be the best team to ever miss the postseason.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Buffalo got absolutely hosed by the refs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AndrewP posted:

I’m not sure how this can be the takeaway from that game

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure how this can be the takeaway from that game

I'm not sure how it couldn't be, it was a pretty mild take

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If the Eagles ever put it together and play a complete game, they could be pretty dangerous instead of hanging by a thread for 3-4 straight weeks. Also, maybe it doesn't matter in the end but what in the world is this Bills player doing? They just stood there the whole time and only tried to punch the ball once Hurts crossed the goalline

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah no bills defense is just trash. They are 0-6 in OT games. Soon as that missed TD OT happened it was over for the bills.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AndrewP posted:

I'm not sure how it couldn't be, it was a pretty mild take

The eagles looked awful for three quarters and the bills looked great in the first half and like poo poo in the second. That’s not ideal

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Does stuff like this get a pass nowadays?

https://twitter.com/sheloveskenzo/status/1728947339526865281?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Free speech baby!

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Only a matter of time before a pro athlete gets shot by a gambling addict in America.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/juiceup__3/status/1728937571022209286?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Does stuff like this get a pass nowadays?

This has 27 views and he has all of 70 followers on Twitter. How do you even find stuff like this?