Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

nesamdoom posted:

I was gonna make a joke, but it actually was him. That's a little crazy, but also I want a Walken cooking show now that I think of it being a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mWtlkRqhU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Remember when he helped cover up a murder? Such good times.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

No. 6 posted:

Remember when he helped cover up a murder? Such good times.

At this point, I just do a quick search everytime a goon says things like this because I am usually proven wrong. This time, I came up with nothing. Is this another "Brad Pitt can't read / sharks are smooth" goon meme?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

null_pointer posted:

At this point, I just do a quick search everytime a goon says things like this because I am usually proven wrong. This time, I came up with nothing. Is this another "Brad Pitt can't read / sharks are smooth" goon meme?
I'm surprised you could do a search and not immediately come up with the death of Natalie Wood.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

null_pointer posted:

Look up Natlie Wood

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Christ. Some Walken superfan must have scrubbed that from the wiki. I need to be more scrupulous.

Edit: Ha ha ha holy Christ :stare:

null_pointer has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Nov 27, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whoa wtf

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Natalie Woods death is my mom's own personal 9/11. She can't even hear a Walken impression without bringing it up.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Honj Steak posted:

Behold, the prime minister of Bavaria’s meal:

Oh thank god someone said those were potatoes, because they looked very yellow, and the way they were cut I could only see pineapple chunks.

I think this could be done a bit better, but is otherwise OK. Boiled potatoes could maybe be crisped up in the pan instead, like hash browns, and then topped with creamed spinach and fried eggs sound pretty good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Potatoes with spinach and fried eggs is a pretty standard rustic / old fashioned meal, yeah.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

You know what's a good addition to the home fries + eggs + bacon style breakfast, quarter some Brussels sprouts and cook those in the dry pan first, get a good char on the cut sides. Mix them into the potatoes at the end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Grand Fromage posted:

You know what's a good addition to the home fries + eggs + bacon style breakfast, quarter some Brussels sprouts and cook those in the dry pan first, get a good char on the cut sides. Mix them into the potatoes at the end.

That sounds really good. Brussel sprouts are high tier vegetables in the "turns out they're actually tasty if you cook them right instead of steaming them to death" arena.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

cook them in the bacon grease

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

cook them in the bacon grease

:goonsay:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

That sounds really good. Brussel sprouts are high tier vegetables in the "turns out they're actually tasty if you cook them right instead of steaming them to death" arena.

Kinda? New cultivars developed in the 1990s lack the bitter compounds of older cultivars. So kids hating brussels sprouts before then wasn't totally on their mom's being bad cooks. No matter how you cooked them the old ones would be bitter, and kids hate bitter flavours. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_sprout#Contemporary_Brussels_sprouts

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Brussels sprouts aren't real. A giant staff of little cabbages that they engineered to turn the fart smell and bitter after taste into sugar? I'm supposed to believe these aren't assembled in a factory?

This is clearly an AI generated image of a palm tree and a cabbage combined. Brussels sprouts were invented in 1999 as the fore bearer to our cyberpunk future.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder if there are weirdos out there treasuring their farty "heirloom" brussels sprouts. There must be, right? loving gardeners.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The diversity of the brassica species in general and how we cultivated the gently caress out of it into wildly diverse cultivars never ceases to amaze me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I made a new vegetable

Real vegetable or brassica oleracea again?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

OwlFancier posted:

I made a new vegetable

Real vegetable or brassica oleracea again?

Rofl that came up in the foraging thread recently too. Someone was wanting to identify a field crop and we were arguing cauliflower/cabbage/canola etc. Can't really tell the difference until it gets to a certain age.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder if there are weirdos out there treasuring their farty "heirloom" brussels sprouts. There must be, right? loving gardeners.
Probably if that was the order of operations. But the sprout revolution is more like commercial cultivars were bred for productivity which accidentally bred for bitterness. So they took the productive cultivars and crossbred them with heirloom cultivars that had known low bitterness to get commercially productive plants that weren't bitter.

The fartyness is maybe a little more contentious. The sweeter you can make your cabbage the less fartty. But there's maybe a limit to how sweet you want to get it and I'm sure there are people trying to get a much more cabbagey vibe from their sprouts and do so through forgotten heirlooms.

E. This is greatly signifying everything about brassicas and probably becoming inaccurate in its generality. The infinite mysteries of the cabbage will occupy humanity until it's demise.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Nov 27, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

zedprime posted:

Probably if that was the order of operations. But the sprout revolution is more like commercial cultivars were bred for productivity which accidentally bred for bitterness. So they took the productive cultivars and crossbred them with heirloom cultivars that had known low bitterness to get commercially productive plants that weren't bitter.

The fartyness is maybe a little more contentious. The sweeter you can make your cabbage the less fartty. But there's maybe a limit to how sweet you want to get it and I'm sure there are people trying to get a much more cabbagey vibe from their sprouts and do so through forgotten heirlooms.

E. This is greatly signifying everything about brassicas and probably becoming inaccurate in its generality. The infinite mysteries of the cabbage will occupy humanity until it's demise.

Yeah, that makes sense. People didn't start by cultivating horrible bitter brussels sprouts. Not when cabbage and broccoli etc. were right there and grow in the same climates. Then when they became horrible people kept eating them because that's just how food is now.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i don't want to look at the brussel entity. it is unwholesome to me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh

oh poo poo

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itu_oBoTIbM

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Finally...I can put ketchup on my dogs all day long, and those drat Chicagoans won't have a clue :hehe:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sjRG34DlA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Iä! Iä! Kohlrabi fhtagn!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/k6fe...ac3047d3b87#t=0

https://packaged-media.redd.it/odtn...10a1a548cd6#t=0

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Nov 29, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"i dont believe in square cube laws": the sushi roll

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:wtc: those onions aren't even peeled

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Data Graham posted:

You got something against Australian cuisine??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Data Graham posted:

Not worth the effort when they're all going in the bin at the end of the day anyway

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Data Graham posted:

My wife looked at me funny for taking the paper of of 3 pieces of garlic, I know I got some Isims but this is pretty standard

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

My wife looked at me funny for taking the paper of of 3 pieces of garlic, I know I got some Isims but this is pretty standard

Wrong. Eating unpeeled onions or garlic is, in fact, not "pretty standard".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You smash the garlic with the side of your knife unpeeling it in an instant.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I put this in the cursed thread cause it’s pretty loving cursed.

https://i.imgur.com/20HwvT0.mp4

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the diners still look like bigger fools than the human plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

hawowanlawow posted:

the diners still look like bigger fools than the human plate

They look like vampires from a movie