Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Why am I getting flashbacks to getting pushed down the stairs?

Because you are protected

Potato Salad posted:

I need to start a tech company and just start lying to everyone always

You don't need to start a tech company for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

redshirt posted:

Totally. SpaceX is a fraud and Elon is hand drawing the rockets himself.

He literally told them to make the nose cone "pointy"

quote:

"It is too round on the top. It needs to be pointy," the dictator tells the head of his nuclear program, Nuclear Nadal (played by Jason Mantzoukas). "Round is not scary. Pointy is scary."

Starship, the 165-foot-tall (50 meters) spacecraft that SpaceX is developing to take people and cargo to Mars and other distant destinations, was also originally supposed to have a relatively blunt head, Musk told Rogan. But the SpaceX chief, consciously channeling his inner Aladeen, told his engineers to make Starship more pointy.

"You literally told them to make the Starship more pointy because of the movie 'The Dictator?'" a chuckling Rogan asked.

"Yep. And they know it, too," Musk replied with a laugh. "It's not like they're unaware of it. I thought it would be funny to make it more pointy, so we did."

Rogan then asked if pointiness gives Starship an aerodynamic edge. "It's arguably slightly worse," Musk said, spurring laughter from both men. But, he added, "it looks cooler."

I think they finally changed it later but lol acting like SpaceX is immune to his stupidity or his idiotic whims.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I thought it was already established that his genius toddler son X-12 AE whatever was the real brains behind spaceX at this stage

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

priznat posted:

I thought it was already established that his genius toddler son X-12 AE whatever was the real brains behind spaceX at this stage
I'm willing to believe that

It's definitely not Elon

There's a higher chance it could be Grimes, somehow

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

You left out the most important part:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sky Marshall Grimes, because we can ill afford another Klendathu

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

there's the transphobia

jesus christ i hate him

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Sky Marshall Grimes, because we can ill afford another Klendathu

IM DOING MY PART!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how dare the pure evil jews at media matters call my digital security blanket "antisemitic"!!!!!!!!!!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Elon's going to win this case!" -60-year-old National Review writer

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

freemandela posted:

jesus christ i hate him

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Boy love that this is all legal and good to post about human beings.

For gently caress sake, your own child is trans you loving burning garbage barge of a human being

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Data Graham posted:

That video from yesterday of the Tesla FSD blowing through stop lights was going down one of those steep hills, which is probably what hosed it up. I was going to say something at the time like, hey we tested this in San Francisco and tuned it to SF's particular topography! And lol apparently not even

would do bad in Seattle too lol

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

you know, i'm glad actually, this is really good for x

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He literally told them to make the nose cone "pointy"

I think they finally changed it later but lol acting like SpaceX is immune to his stupidity or his idiotic whims.

Starship is to SpaceX what the Cybertruck is to Tesla. Clearly Elon's idiotic idea. The stupid launch pad was also his decision.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Boy love that this is all legal and good to post about human beings.

For gently caress sake, your own child is trans you loving burning garbage barge of a human being

He's specifically become an alt-right edgelord in part because his child is trans. Rather than looking inward and coming to grips with why his kid hates his guts, he blames "the woke mind virus" for his own shortcomings and is specifically doing everything in his power to make sure it never happens with any of his kids again. Not because he loves them, mind you, but because they're his "property".

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

AlmightyBob posted:

would do bad in Seattle too lol

or anywhere elser on this planet. the sun, otoh..

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

You could not make a worse poster if you tried

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Young Sheldon is propaganda

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You could not make a worse poster if you tried

you could train MS Tay on Elon tweets for a year and it would still post better than him

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

mobby_6kl posted:

Starship is to SpaceX what the Cybertruck is to Tesla. Clearly Elon's idiotic idea. The stupid launch pad was also his decision.

FOUR suppositories by 2024?? He's a genius!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I should call her.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

E the Shaggy posted:

He's specifically become an alt-right edgelord in part because his child is trans. Rather than looking inward and coming to grips with why his kid hates his guts, he blames "the woke mind virus" for his own shortcomings and is specifically doing everything in his power to make sure it never happens with any of his kids again. Not because he loves them, mind you, but because they're his "property".

He should just get it over with and adopt Ian Miles Cheong.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Barometer posted:

FOUR suppositories by 2024?? He's a genius!

DOCTOR PLEASE PRESCRIBE ME "FULL ZOMBIE IN SECONDS" PLS

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

marshalljim posted:

He should just get it over with and adopt Ian Miles Cheong.

I smell a sitcom!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mobby_6kl posted:

What year is that image from?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon and Linda adopt Ian. It all happens on X.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

The accidental anti-capitalist.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Foo Diddley posted:

"The largest companies in the world have stopped posting on X"

"This is a good thing for Ebaum because uhhhh"

Falash
Mar 14, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

What year is that image from?

Looks like 2017

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41441877

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

he hosed up the launch pad?

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not so sure about that. They had a pretty successful first launch/land of the starship w/out the booster, then a low altitude explosions and a high altitude explosion with the booster attached. People poo poo all over SpaceX when they were blowing up Falcons too and those have turned into extremely reliable and safe vehicles.

Again, lots of things to poo poo on Musk for but going after SpaceX for blowing up things up has made a lot of people look dumb in the past. I think they can make it work, but whether it turns out to be the financial boon they're hoping for is another matter.

I'm sure they're not immune to his influence, Glynn Shotwell has proved the best at "working around" Elon by a huge margin. There's a ton of stories about how he's kept busy whenever in site in order to keep his fingers out of the important things.

All that being said, gently caress Elon, I hope the US govt forces him out.

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 27, 2023

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SRQ posted:

he hosed up the launch pad?

He decided that unlike every other rocket in history it wasn't necessary to put in a flame trench for starship which resulted in the pad getting demolished and covering everything in concrete shards

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I got all my news from the lions gate twitter account so this is devastating

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

It's pretty clear that the success of company's he's been involved in is inversely proportional to how close Elon is to the decision making process.

Paypal : They ignored all his suggestions and threw his code in the trash, then fired him. Very succesful company.

Spacex : Led on the business side by Gwyne Shotwell, staffed by experienced engineers. As anchor customers NASA and the DoD were probably able to veto any egregious corner cutting, and the slow development process in general left plenty of time to ignore or creatively interpret Elon's "ideas". Sucessful company* that pretty much ate everyone else's lunch, controlling about 65% of the global market share in space launch.

Tesla : Elon runs the show. Poor build quality, ridiculous claims w.r.t. self-driving, thruster hoverpack, or what have you. Literally reinvented the (steering) wheel, always for the worse. Still a physical product with assembly lines and logistics chains, so there was probably time to deflect some of the more inane suggestions. Overvalued company with tons of issues, but does deliver some products.

Twitter : Elon runs the show and fired most of the staff. All software, which means there is almost no delay between decision and implementation (if you don't want there to be). When Elon decides to pull the plug on some functionality during a ketamine haze on 3 am on a sunday, he can phone whatever poor bastard is on call and have it done on the spot. Colossal shitshow.

* Doesn't apply to starship, which seems to be under Elon's direct control.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Szechwan posted:

Musk's money made the Falcon a very successful, reliable platform because they got to circumvent the contracting/pork system that stagnated ULA and the two partners of ULA and launch a bunch of rockets independently, really fast.
That was all he really had to do with Falcon, which is why it's useful as a proven, reliable satellite and human launch system.Again, lots of things to poo poo on Musk for but going after SpaceX for blowing up things up has made a lot of people look dumb in the past. I think they can make it work, but whether it turns out to be the financial boon they're hoping for is another matter.

I'm sure they're not immune to his influence, Glynn Shotwell has proved the best at "working around" Elon by a huge margin. There's a ton of stories about how he's kept busy whenever in site in order to keep his fingers out of the important things.

All that being said, gently caress Elon, I hope the US govt forces him out.

Musk's money made the Falcon a very successful, reliable platform because they got to circumvent the contracting/pork system that stagnated ULA and the two partners of ULA and launch a bunch of rockets independently, really fast.
That was all he really had to do with Falcon, which is why it's useful as a proven, reliable satellite and human launch system. Tom Mueller already had an engine design, the Shotwells knew how to sell it to aerospace, and Elon was a money pump.
The second Elon starts being involved in day-to-day management of anything, everything falls to poo poo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Which explains his personal life

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

That was all he really had to do with Falcon, which is why it's useful as a proven, reliable satellite and human launch system. Tom Mueller already had an engine design, the Shotwells knew how to sell it to aerospace, and Elon was a money pump.
The second Elon starts being involved in day-to-day management of anything, everything falls to poo poo.

Even that is rather charitable - NASA invested a lot of money into Spacex, even before they had a developed product. They'd be bankrupt without the commercial crew contracts.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

:five: