Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Can you imagine the "OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" WWE social media posts when CM Punk confronts The Miz on an Iconic MizTV where they both call each other pathetic losers!?

within a month for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to like cm punk for assaulting everyone but he hardly ever does it and just creates scuffles, kerfuffles

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

id actually fuckin watch the product if WWE had the balls to sign a prospect as bold as Scuffles Kerfuffles

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
LOL WWE signed a dude who got so triggered by a guy called Jungle Boy that he got fired

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

LOL WWE signed a dude who got so triggered by a guy called Jungle Boy that he got fired

and many people think it's going to go better this time because wwe has 'structure backstage'

it'll be a slower meltdown because he knows people are expecting it but this poo poo is already on a timer

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

:argh: PUNK
I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM HIM

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Orange Carlisle posted:

and many people think it's going to go better this time because wwe has 'structure backstage'

it'll be a slower meltdown because he knows people are expecting it but this poo poo is already on a timer

Who will be the first person banned from Raw?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Raeg posted:

He's going to try and then find out that hunter and vince are so far outside his politicking weight class it's unfair to him then he'll cry to nick hausman and ill laugh ho ho ho

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Raeg posted:

cody

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to go to WWE right now.

If I join WWE in 2000, You see a dozen people vying for both the IC and World Titles, plus a solid tag division and multiple other lesser titles.

If I join WWE now, you join and see there's this one guy at the top who has held a belt since COVID actually mattered to some people - and they gave him a second belt so you know you're entering a world filled with a dozen people vying for a shot to lose to him.....or you could hope to fight for the IC title that hasnt switched handed 500 days, with no Hardcore, European, or lightweight titles....and the US title is held by some billionaire energy drink rear end in a top hat.

So why would CM Punk come in here with nowhere to go?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

tna was his only other option and wwe has actual tv

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

projecthalaxy posted:

He's going to try and then find out that hunter and vince are so far outside his politicking weight class it's unfair to him then he'll cry to nick hausman and ill laugh ho ho ho

He got outpoliticked by the Young Bucks, no way he gets to pull that poo poo in WWE

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Pillowpants posted:

Money PP, money

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine a parallel universe where Punk heard the workers rights comment and dealt with it in an adult and normal manner lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cody will almost certainly get eliminated last in the Rumble by Pepsi Phil.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seams posted:

Imagine a parallel universe where Punk heard the workers rights comment and dealt with it in an adult and normal manner lol

I'm glad he went somewhere where they really respect the working talent

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Punk should wrestle Miz at the next Blood Money show so I can watch everybody lose their loving minds.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe we place too much of an importance on titles as fans/viewers. Sure the title could be an indication of the company’s perception of you as a ratings draw and figurehead representative for the company but those are negotiation pieces for the next contract and the company in trying to be the lone star could always cut anyone’s momentum off at the knees before then.

If the money is right, then why not join? Who cares about so many people vying for titles if being a champion doesn’t affect the paycheck?

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 27, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

1glitch0 posted:

Can you imagine the "OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" WWE social media posts when CM Punk confronts The Miz on an Iconic MizTV where they both call each other pathetic losers!?

and then Miz gets fired even though he's significantly more valuable to WWE than Punk is

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Raeg posted:

It was Kevin Owens already.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

If the money is right, then why not join? Who cares about so many people vying for titles if being a champion doesn’t affect the paycheck?

It does though, your downside is just the minimum you'll get, you get bonuses for time on tv and PPV usually a bonus relating to the house take. If you have a packed roster it means you may just get your downside if youre lost in the shuffle, and if youre joining wwe thats not enough because lol you sure as hell not joining for work environment or committment to ethics in prowres or freedom.

Edit: maven had a pretty indepth video on how wwe works as far as pay out if you carw, but basically he earned something like 3x the amount in the year he was healthy and being used and actually doing ppv stuff than the year he was injured and not doing anything.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 27, 2023

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

AEW has Edge who can't even bare to look at the hard cam side because it's always fuckin empty and people are actually wondering "WhY wOuLd AnYoNe SiGn WiTh WWE????". Not every wrestler cares about doing heatless "bangers" in front of nobody or being friends with unfunny cringe California dudes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

RBX posted:

AEW has Edge who can't even bare to look at the hard cam side because it's always fuckin empty and people are actually wondering "WhY wOuLd AnYoNe SiGn WiTh WWE????". Not every wrestler cares about doing heatless "bangers" in front of nobody or being friends with unfunny cringe California dudes.

concerning

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RBX posted:

lmao

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

RBX posted:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?

👀👀👀👀

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RBX posted:

there's a cornette south park drawing of this somewhere

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

RBX posted:

Well at least we can agree that the Bucks are unfunny

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

The_Rob posted:

The thing is wwe really isn’t the spot to get your reps in. She’s been hired in the company for a while now and has done nothing.

Is NXT still depending on indie darlings to boost their roster? The only "success stories" from the PC that I can think of are Charlotte and maybe Tiffany Stratton

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I'm curious if Punk got a part time big money deal, since that seemed to be the big thing he wanted back in the days of his leaving WWE shoot. Seems like WWE would be crazy not to give it to him, though I guess it would annoy some other wrestlers.

I think anyone expecting backstage fireworks is going to be disappointed. The defining characteristic of modern day WWE is that everyone knows their place. The only people that are afforded the luxury of semi-public tantrums are brock and roman, everyone else knows they aren't valuable enough to put up with it. Punk knows that, regardless of whatever personality disorder he has.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Okuteru posted:

Is NXT still depending on indie darlings to boost their roster? The only "success stories" from the PC that I can think of are Charlotte and maybe Tiffany Stratton

baron cobin if they'd let it happen

does otis count?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Okuteru posted:

this is braun strowman erasure

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WrestlingBlog_/status/1728963336979816509

https://twitter.com/CurrentlyCoyne/status/1728984928866681067

lomzus fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 27, 2023

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Codependent Poster posted:

Here's another Punk face for you

that fan just made an enemy for life

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"We have Ricky Starks at home"

Anyway I was watching football on a stream over the weekend that had NXT and Raw ads during the commercial breaks, and one thing that keeps jumping out for me is a promo where someone says: "when you see my hand go up, your mouth goes 'sheeeeeesh'" and I'm sitting here thinking A) this PG poo poo is so loving corny, and now B) this is the world CM Punk is going to. The world where someone who is incandescently angry at someone might threaten to "kick their butt".

Good luck Phil!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 27, 2023

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I know he’s a big loving dumb rear end but i’m kind of happy CM Punk is back. He’s made AEW fun and insane and now he might do that in WWE. He comes around every few years to make us wonder what’s real and what’s fake. Punk derangement syndrome somehow encompasses both hating and loving him, he’s fascinating

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't wait to see rear end video 2

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I know he’s a big loving dumb rear end but i’m kind of happy CM Punk is back. He’s made AEW fun and insane and now he might do that in WWE. He comes around every few years to make us wonder what’s real and what’s fake. Punk derangement syndrome somehow encompasses both hating and loving him, he’s fascinating

quoting this for when Cody doesn't finish the story so Punk can win the Rumble and lose to Roman

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RBX posted:

Have you ever been to a WWE show? The entire hardcam side is tarped over. Makes their live events loving surreal that they spend the whole time ignoring the actual people and talking to a bunch of tarps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

DeepDickPizza posted:

Punk should wrestle Miz at the next Blood Money show so I can watch everybody lose their loving minds.

How do you live with a mind so twisted and thoughts so unclean??