Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/03/panthers-nfl-trade-gm-scott-fitterer-top-tier-wr/

Their owner seems like an interloping idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I wonder who they went after

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

I wonder who they went after

Probably Adams but no way he's going there. Please send Davante Adams to a good team where he can win.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Gorson posted:

Please send Davante Adams

Seattle will take him!

Gorson posted:

to a good team where he can win.

Oh...:(

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Brock Needs Weapons

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Brock <checks notes...> has wepons!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Combine Stroud with Davante

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Intruder posted:

Combine Stroud with Davante

No don't

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

As a Jags fan I'm still going with... yes, do.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol even dez bryant is jumping on bryce

https://x.com/DezBryant/status/1728909708390748611?s=20

Dez Bryant posted:

I know this ain’t real

Bryce young I promise it’s not your fault boss

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
i laughed so hard when it was a screen

of course it was a screen!!

this loving team

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
you know how i know we've failed? do you know how i know this is rock bottom?

no one clowns on bryce. no one anywhere. nfl stars, even players from opposing teams, don't talk poo poo at all about him. Every time a player tweets or posts or talks at all about bryce young it always has the tone of "well gosh lil buddy, just keep your chin up and work hard and before you know it your dreams will come true." That is not how you talk about someone you respect as a player in the league. You talk about how you beat the poo poo out of them, how they couldn't get it done, you hosed their wife, whatever. Meanwhile these guys are talking to Bryce like he's a loving 9 year old whose parents got divorced. They're like a roomful of adults looking around afraid to be the one to say that maybe, just maybe, MAYBE Mom and Dad could have stayed together if you hadn't strained their relationship by being an annoying little poo poo. It is very possible that Bryce Young can't play football professionally due to size/physical limitations and that Frank Reich's playcalling and scheme are wet doodoo rear end.

bryce young is basically the nfl's make a wish kid.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Sir

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

he’s got a pretty hosed up wish

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

no one clowns on bryce. no one anywhere. nfl stars, even players from opposing teams, don't talk poo poo at all about him. Every time a player tweets or posts or talks at all about bryce young it always has the tone of "well gosh lil buddy, just keep your chin up and work hard and before you know it your dreams will come true." That is not how you talk about someone you respect as a player in the league. You talk about how you beat the poo poo out of them, how they couldn't get it done, you hosed their wife, whatever. Meanwhile these guys are talking to Bryce like he's a loving 9 year old whose parents got divorced. They're like a roomful of adults looking around afraid to be the one to say that maybe, just maybe, MAYBE Mom and Dad could have stayed together if you hadn't strained their relationship by being an annoying little poo poo. It is very possible that Bryce Young can't play football professionally due to size/physical limitations and that Frank Reich's playcalling and scheme are wet doodoo rear end.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Looking like Bryce didn't read the defense correctly, and Frank just lied about it to the media to protect him.

quote:

The Panthers had a play called that included an in-breaking route by DJ Chark Jr. and other downfield routes.

But thinking the Titans were in Cover 0 — man coverage with no deep defender — Young checked to a screen to Chark, who was pulled down by safety Amani Hooker for no gain.

Reich defended his rookie quarterback afterward, saying it was the right check and adding that Chark might have drifted back too far behind the line of scrimmage.

“When you hit that play right versus 0, it’s a touchdown. DJ probably came a little further back than he needed to. He’s not normally the guy in there for that,” Reich said. “We had a couple (receivers) go down. The play that we had called was going to put DJ on another in-cut, not that he was primary. So we wanted him in that spot. We just need to execute that better.”

But Chark said the Titans were not in Cover 0 and the Panthers would have done better to stick with the original call.

“It was against Cover 0, but they didn’t go Cover 0. My job is to get 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. I have to check and see how far I was, but felt like I got 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage,” Chark said. “I’ve gotta watch film and see what it is.”

Asked whether he should have left the initial play call, Young also said he needed to watch the tape.

“We had an option to have that on. You play that cat-and-mouse game, and it didn’t go our way,” he said. “That’s on me. As a unit, we’ve just gotta execute on big plays.”

Also it really seems to feel that Bryce has been told at some point during his whole life upbringing as a future nfl qb to take blame but he never seems to understand what he's saying.

zimbomonkey posted:

oh my god this is right

reminds me of when the defense would help Armanti Edwards up off the ground

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 27, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Historically bad.

https://twitter.com/JNierob/status/1729160981002281016?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Panthers supporting cast is obviously terrible, but would anyone say they are the worst of the last 13 years?

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Got his first head coach kill in just 10 games, truly generational

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

What the gently caress is the center doing lmao, check out his whiffed shove and fall to the ground.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Alaois posted:

wrong

this man is only 3 years older than Drake Maye

Guy looks like he could be off fighting in World War 2 or something.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

The Panthers supporting cast is obviously terrible, but would anyone say they are the worst of the last 13 years?

In terms of scheme, performance and execution. It's pretty close to the worst team I've ever seen offensively in Carolina.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

ozymandius1024 posted:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2018.htm

E: the Patriots run an ugly as gently caress offense designed to disgust you in the box score but I could also put the 2023 Patriots up here. There's some abject poo poo that has taken the field in this time frame

Forrest on Fire fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 27, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i would take Christian Kirk in a heartbeat

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Alaois posted:

i would take Christian Kirk in a heartbeat

Thielen basically IS old Larry. They have a worse RB room and better TEs. Both teams fielded lines that were designed to kill their quarterbacks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
JEANSWATCH

Since his extremely dominant funslinger debut against the falcons, the Titans and Will Levis have played the following teams:

Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Carolina

The steelers game was not a bad showing. He had a big INT at the end of the game but also pushed them down the field to even be in the position to win, so I think we can call that a wash. He did have a couple throws that probably should have been picked. He got absolutely raked over by the Steelers pass rushers and was hit a ton. Overall he was ok, the results were not good but his poise, command, and short memory with regard to being hit a ton were very impressive.

The Tampa and Jacksonville games were awful team showings, Levis certainly was not to blame for the L in either game. The offensive line was a nightmare against Tampa, marginally better against Jacksonville but certainly not even league average.

The Carolina game, to me, was a rebound in the sense that the titans won, but aside from the Tampa game I felt like this was the game he showed the least in. The Jacksonville game was a complete asswhipping that looks a little less brutal because they got some garbage time points. Against a really bad panthers team Levis had one really impressive drive in the first half , some nice throws interspersed with a ton of punts in the second half. He had one sure thing TD throw in the second half that he whiffed on.

It’s been a mixed bag. I think the titans will probably win at least one more game, maybe two if they get lucky. I think that the current offensive personnel do not lend themselves well to his skill set. Most of his impressive deep balls have come on busted coverages or trick plays, he needs a real speed threat to maximize his deep passing ability. I will pound the table all day long, if the titans don’t go after the Oregon WR Franklin in round 2 they are totally loving up. Hopkins is still good but is struggling against press a bit, treylon burks is yet another first round bust from our old GM. Kyle Philips is fast for a white guy but has not been consistently available to establish any chemistry with. Chris Moore has been good for one deep catch a week which is cool but not worth writing home about. You also need time in the pocket to let guys get open deep and our line is a war crime, they are starting a sixth round rookie at LT because our second round tackle from 2021 and our third round tackle from 2022 have been either unplayable, injured, or both, and we signed Andre Dillard as a reclamation guy in free agency and he’s worse than the guy who graded out as the worst LT in the league last season. Somehow the sixth round rookie had the least embarrassing start at LT in eleven games. And that was against a panthers team that has Brian burns and nobody else rushing the passer. It’s bad this season, even compared to last season. Both of the guards have been mediocre at worst which is good, the center has been pretty bad. But the tackles are an unmitigated disaster, even if Jaelyn Duncan ends up being serviceable.

Anyway I say all that to say this, Billy Jeans has shown enough to get a shot next season because I don’t think Drake Maye or caleb Williams are gonna be around where Tennessee picks. But his performances week to week have gotten a little worse and this game against the panthers was definitely the most winnable one we had left on the docket. I don’t think the titans will be competitive enough to find out if levis is actually The Guy but they could be bad enough to find out that he probably isn’t, if that makes sense. He’s not losing them games which is more than we can say for tannehill or Malik Willis lol

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 28, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
👖

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Levis looked like complete poo poo against a really bad Bucs D. He's doomed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pain of Mind posted:

I remember saying Zach Wilson will bust because he has Jimmy Clauson face. I do not even know how to quantify that, but there is a face that makes you bad at football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWxowlLV3QU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alaois posted:

wrong

this man is only 3 years older than Drake Maye

Anderson Koopa posted:

Guy looks like he could be off fighting in World War 2 or something.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Levis looked pretty drat good today when he wasn’t getting clobbered, IMO. His touchdown throw was a dart. I feel pretty optimistic that some more consistent blocking and another deep threat WR he’ll be cooking with gas next season. I really really want Troy Franklin.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Stroud went 16/27 for 274 yards and a TD with no picks and was considered to have a subpar game

I'll take that as a subpar game

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone that thinks a 10 yards / attempt game is sub par is dumb

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jordan Love is good

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
He's just

So loving bad

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I would appreciate if players on all teams today would stay healthy please and thank you.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

zimbomonkey posted:

He's just

So loving bad

Bryce Young: Yes, I know he's on a bad team with little help anywhere at all but even removing that framework, Bryce looks like his critics and skeptics were right. Just based on what I see, it already looks like his ceiling/upside is an average version of Kyler Murray.

Reminds me of when Donovan McNabb was starting out young on a terrible team but at least he showed flashes of the things he might be able to do. Young looks a panicked (and tiny) feral cat no matter what's happening. Again, I know he's without a ton of help but I don't see anything here with him.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 10, 2023

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
panthers gonna trade next two years' firsts to move up and draft drake maye, I'm tellin you

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Stefan Prodan posted:

panthers gonna trade next two years' firsts to move up and draft drake maye, I'm tellin you

If a team folds and have traded future assets, what happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1733931973440135669?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

There were several times today Vilma kinda froze in the announcer booth and you could tell he was trying to figure out the best way to say something.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 11, 2023