Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

This was funny to me at the time but now it seems a little bit sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

dodgeblan posted:

I think anyone expecting backstage fireworks is going to be disappointed. The defining characteristic of modern day WWE is that everyone knows their place. The only people that are afforded the luxury of semi-public tantrums are brock and roman, everyone else knows they aren't valuable enough to put up with it. Punk knows that, regardless of whatever personality disorder he has.

Yeah, I get that there is an intense desire for the blowup / firing to occur because it would prove that it was Punk and not the AEW locker room / management that was the problem but both WWE management and Punk are heavily incentivized to make sure it doesn’t happen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What if you’re not interested in what it proves or disproves and more interested in it because it would be really loving funny

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That’s valid too and maybe even the only good position to take because the other one is straight outta Cope Land

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah, I get that there is an intense desire for the blowup / firing to occur because it would prove that it was Punk and not the AEW locker room / management that was the problem but both WWE management and Punk are heavily incentivized to make sure it doesn’t happen.

They said the same thing about AEW management and Punk the first time he blew up to the point they were gonna give him his own show and yet here we are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

History Comes Inside! posted:

What if you’re not interested in what it proves or disproves and more interested in it because it would be really loving funny

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

it's crazy how since he left wwe in 2014, it's just been a series of character destroying humiliations for cm punk, and now the story comes to a close with his final humiliation of returning to the wwe. he is one of the greatests in the industry of frauds.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Robviously posted:

They said the same thing about AEW management and Punk the first time he blew up to the point they were gonna give him his own show and yet here we are.

No 26 year old is going to feel comfortable enough getting away with things to go around their boss and antagonize Punk in WWE. Simple as.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that seth video is every 'for the boys in the back that have been here all along while this guy tries to waltz back in' promo that has ever been delivered so at least they are going to make some money off of this worked shoot nonsense

can't wait to see what cm punk's on-air excuse for coming back is. hopefully something about he thought it was the place that made him sick and hate wrestling but it was actually home all along and the grass isn't greener

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If only mental gymnastics translated to in-ring agility

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol that seth video is every 'for the boys in the back that have been here all along while this guy tries to waltz back in' promo that has ever been delivered so at least they are going to make some money off of this worked shoot nonsense

can't wait to see what cm punk's on-air excuse for coming back is. hopefully something about he thought it was the place that made him sick and hate wrestling but it was actually home all along and the grass isn't greener

It’s a fitting feud because Seth is the “Real” World Champion

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Orange Carlisle posted:

I bet Punk is going to talk about "unfinished business"(wrestlemania main event) and a whole lot of "I've had a chip on my shoulder for 8 years and the other side down the road couldn't get it off"

Probably. Who knows. Whatever it will be will be very funny in contrast with reality :lol:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Eight years ago I left the sports entertainment business and tonight I’m back!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Miching Mallecho posted:

Probably. Who knows. Whatever it will be will be very funny in contrast with reality :lol:

and to his credit we are all waiting with excitement to see what he says even if it is for the comedy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Time to fantasy book !!!!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lol

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Drew making wild Iron Sheik rants but in a coherent manner is something I didn't think I wanted

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Robviously posted:

The difference is that, despite everything they've done to him, Punk respects WWE. He didn't respect AEW.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Did you just insinuate the guy who stormed out one night without telling management he quit and lost all his money on a lawsuit about a video of his rear end respects WWE? He may need the money but CM Punk doesn’t respect anyone including himself.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Did you just insinuate the guy who stormed out one night without telling management he quit and lost all his money on a lawsuit about a video of his rear end respects WWE? He may need the money but CM Punk doesn’t respect anyone including himself.

no hes a huge mark lol always has been

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posts on his main???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bro

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

JUNGLE BOY posts on his main???

Broken clock, etc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bro-Ken clock

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

AEW just suffered the terrible loss of a guy they fired going and working somewhere else.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to go to WWE right now.

If I join WWE in 2000, You see a dozen people vying for both the IC and World Titles, plus a solid tag division and multiple other lesser titles.

If I join WWE now, you join and see there's this one guy at the top who has held a belt since COVID actually mattered to some people - and they gave him a second belt so you know you're entering a world filled with a dozen people vying for a shot to lose to him.....or you could hope to fight for the IC title that hasnt switched handed 500 days, with no Hardcore, European, or lightweight titles....and the US title is held by some billionaire energy drink rear end in a top hat.

So why would CM Punk come in here with nowhere to go?
That's not fair. There's also the "ROMAN IS TOO STRONG" World Championship currently held by Freakin'.

Okuteru posted:

Is NXT still depending on indie darlings to boost their roster? The only "success stories" from the PC that I can think of are Charlotte and maybe Tiffany Stratton

Depends how you define "success," I suppose. You can point at people like Alexa Bliss and Bray Wyatt who may not have been the best workers, but were pretty consistently over when wrestling. There's also Big E who got way over as part of New Day then when working solo and even won the top title (however briefly). I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Big E was an FCW trainee rather than an nxt or performance center one. Not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Drakkel posted:

Miz will do his stupid big balls gesture at Punk and the WWE twitter account will post like 20 eye emojis in response

his what gesture

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

his what gesture

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hello

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

No 26 year old is going to feel comfortable enough getting away with things to go around their boss and antagonize Punk in WWE. Simple as.

Unless Punk is being used to prop up an NXT episode, lol at thinking he’ll be interacting with anyone under 30 period. He won’t be within 100 of anyone that age wrestling a match

…ok Lexis King has the opportunity to completely reverse public opinion of himself if he just starts shooting on Punk

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
The thing about Punk's return is the Audacity and the Hypocrisy, which would be the names of both wooden ships Punk would have if he had a Navy of his own.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cael posted:

Unless Punk is being used to prop up an NXT episode, lol at thinking he’ll be interacting with anyone under 30 period. He won’t be within 100 of anyone that age wrestling a match

…ok Lexis King has the opportunity to completely reverse public opinion of himself if he just starts shooting on Punk

well if we're being pedantic, austin theory and dominic mysterio are both exactly 26 years old and lexis king is not a member of the under 30 crowd!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It's still funny listening to the Punk podcast when he left WWE again now, and all the complaints about his storylines, having to wrestle triple H, etc

When he had massive control over that stuff in AEW, he still hosed it up by not being an adult over the dumbest things. It's all still very funny. :lol:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

• WWE President Nick Khan made the decision to re-sign Punk, with the support of Triple H

• TKO people including Vince McMahon didn't know about this decision

• Punk signed a multi-year deal. The deal came together about ten days ago. It was a secret from almost everyone.

• Wrestlers in the WarGames match were told beforehand that Punk was returning at the end of the night.

Source: Wrestling Observer Radio

All khans are marks

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

where is the trent reply to this merch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry