Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Based on the conveniently timed cut, I don’t think Lucy actually baby birdied Alex. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Based on the conveniently timed cut, I don’t think Lucy actually baby birdied Alex. :tinfoil:

Yeah I did wonder, but I also think if she didn't it would have been either her decision or production stepping in. I'm sure Alex would have happily eaten it.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
2020: stay 5m away from each other.
2023: spit directly onto/into Alex’s face.

Time is a healer.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Creature posted:

2020: stay 5m away from each other.
2023: spit directly onto/into Alex’s face.

Time is a healer.

I don't think you can get COVID from sucking on someone's toes on national television but I want to say you can just so that people won't.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Morpheus posted:

I don't think you can get COVID from sucking on someone's toes on national television but I want to say you can just so that people won't.

Did you pay attention during the pandemic? Saying you will catch COVID from it will inevitably start an internet challenge to film yourself doing it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tagra posted:

Did you pay attention during the pandemic? Saying you will catch COVID from it will inevitably start an internet challenge to film yourself doing it.

I was just about to edit my post to say that it just means that there'll be a glut of right-winger personalities then all filming themselves sucking toes, which is pretty much when my brain would kill itself in some kind of misguided self-defense mechanism.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Strictly Come Toesucking

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Creature posted:

Strictly Cum Toesucking

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Hands-free Dairylea

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Unkempt posted:

He touched Greg on the shoulder just after an advert break. Maybe they're just cutting 'gently caress's instead of bleeping them? That would be poo poo.

Oh that might just be them cutting out the commercial breaks entirely on youtube, which I think is dumb because you miss out on a lot of Greg jokes and wierd Alex footage.

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 27, 2023

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Greg's first ad break link in each episode tends to be one of the funniest bits of studio banter.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm sure one day they will have to remove the bits where Greg tells the audience about all the terrible opinions Alex holds.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The ultimate COVID health task is still the amazing NZ "Do the most unhealthy thing" with Madeleine having 5 people cough directly in her face.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Taskmaster S17 - The Flying Homosexual

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A good interview with Alex and Greg on Polygon, sort of 50/50 about the current series and the show in general: https://www.polygon.com/23963904/taskmaster-series-16-interview-greg-davies-alex-horne

An interesting thing they bring up is the loophole problem and the tasks getting a bit wordier with "you may not do X, Y, or Z" and Alex does raise a good point that a common problem is that people will just keep finding the same loopholes over and over if they don't specifically tell them not to, which is boring. Apparently they will sometimes give a bit of off-camera instruction where even if they aren't explicitly barred from doing something in a task, they'll go "please don't do that because it would be dull". I think that is something to bear in mind when it comes to the competitive aspect of the show; it's kind of an odd mix where you want that competitive spirit to be there because if people aren't really trying it's not very fun, but at the same time, it's entertainment first, contest second, so at the end of the day being entertaining is a lot more important than winning.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

being entertaining is a lot more important than winning.

The Beaumont Clause.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

A good interview with Alex and Greg on Polygon, sort of 50/50 about the current series and the show in general: https://www.polygon.com/23963904/taskmaster-series-16-interview-greg-davies-alex-horne

An interesting thing they bring up is the loophole problem and the tasks getting a bit wordier with "you may not do X, Y, or Z" and Alex does raise a good point that a common problem is that people will just keep finding the same loopholes over and over if they don't specifically tell them not to, which is boring. Apparently they will sometimes give a bit of off-camera instruction where even if they aren't explicitly barred from doing something in a task, they'll go "please don't do that because it would be dull". I think that is something to bear in mind when it comes to the competitive aspect of the show; it's kind of an odd mix where you want that competitive spirit to be there because if people aren't really trying it's not very fun, but at the same time, it's entertainment first, contest second, so at the end of the day being entertaining is a lot more important than winning.

I really like when, instead of banning a tactic, it says "if more than one contestant does X, they will be disqualified". It adds texture and mind games and now everyone has X in the back of their mind even if they wouldn't normally.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Boxturret posted:

Oh that might just be them cutting out the commercial breaks entirely on youtube, which I think is dumb because you miss out on a lot of Greg jokes and wierd Alex footage.

I've recently watched the Taskmaster that they've added to Netflix, and all the episodes there have the ad break stuff cut completely.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Its a real shame because its not like the ad leadins are some low effort thing like a title card, they have banter and specially filmed stuff, its such a waste.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah the YouTube pirated versions always included the ad bumpers.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They are going to start running Taskmaster New Zealand S1 on YouTube Friday, if anyone wants to see it who didn’t want to go through the effort of pirating it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
wrt to :filez:, when the various Taskmaster episodes are posted on r/panelshow, reddit user ozmartian almost always posts a dailymotion link as a response to the automoderator comment. They are doing the Lord (Greg Davies)'s work.

edit: or some other user posts a torrent or hosts it on google or whatever

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I genuinely don't know what dailymotion is for outside of hosting uploads of british tv.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Yeah, Oz used to have a fantastically useful youtube channel. There's a couple others not brought down yet but none with taskmaster

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Yeah, Oz used to have a fantastically useful youtube channel. There's a couple others not brought down yet but none with taskmaster

The youtube channels still there, you just have to go to the community tab to find anything.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Did anyone else expect alex to have a gun in his suitcase during the hotel task,the way he was dressed i thought the task would be “foil an assassination” or something.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

oh jay posted:

I really like when, instead of banning a tactic, it says "if more than one contestant does X, they will be disqualified". It adds texture and mind games and now everyone has X in the back of their mind even if they wouldn't normally.

I liked those better when it was docking points rather than outright disqualification. Adds another layer of meta where you have to calculate the tradeoff between finishing the task faster/better and the points you could lose by going with the obvious solution.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

wrt to :filez:, when the various Taskmaster episodes are posted on r/panelshow, reddit user ozmartian almost always posts a dailymotion link as a response to the automoderator comment. They are doing the Lord (Greg Davies)'s work.

edit: or some other user posts a torrent or hosts it on google or whatever

i didn't know ozmartian was a redditor, but they've been my source on youtube and i love them for that

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-CNhWM42s

I'm sorry, what?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

I think you mean

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I don't think this got posted yet, a nice interview with Alex and Greg with some fun insights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqWQC1kwyCY

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

AzureSkys posted:

I don't think this got posted yet, a nice interview with Alex and Greg with some fun insights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqWQC1kwyCY

The same interviewer has spoken to them both before and is fantastic, great questions from the creative side of things, she does her homework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn44USqqtHw

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

+1 wishlist from me

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
The hotel task is the hardest I've laughed at anything in Taskmaster for a long time.

The highlight for me was Sam staying in the caravan just to make Alex feel uncomfortable.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Oh hey, finally a product that *might* make me buy a VR kit... Or just do a "take home loaner" from employer UX lab for a week or three.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

They should just call it the Throwing Things at Alex Simulator

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The hotel task was great. That extended cut with Julian calling Alex a cu- *FRENCH HORN* was so funny

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Disappointed that person brought up two american's that should do the show and they were an SNL castmember and Marshawn Lynch. Not disagreeing with either, but comon'. Paul F Tompkins is right there.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Disappointed that person brought up two american's that should do the show and they were an SNL castmember and Marshawn Lynch. Not disagreeing with either, but comon'. Paul F Tompkins is right there.

if paul was allowed on british comedy panel shows he would be their king within 12 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

eke out posted:

if paul was allowed on british comedy panel shows he would be their king within 12 months

Paul was on QI years ago. So was John Hodgeman