Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*whispers to Chris Ilitch*

Sign Yamamoto you cheap gently caress. Spend so much money, it makes your old man’s ghost blush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'd like to see the Phillies to sign another starter and either go 6 man rotation or just as a replacement for purging Walker from the roster

Sonny Gray could be had for relatively cheap, I think

Relative to Ohtani, maybe

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sonny Gray could be had for relatively cheap, I think

lmao

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

My nephew is obsessed with baseball and recently read about Greg Maddux and wants his jersey. But no one makes one anymore. Does anyone know a website that prints old player jerseys or do I have to go through suspicious Chinese vendors?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I’ve never done it myself but you can make your own jerseys from the mlb website. I don’t think they’d care if you made a maddux number 31 braves jersey or whatever.

E: I guess the uniforms are different now, didn’t think of that

E2: I also found this if it helps

https://www.mlbshop.com/atlanta-bra...RID:i-r0c0:po-0

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There are also Cooperstown Collection jerseys of legendary players but I don’t know if he has one of those or not

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm not sure if it's more or less reputable than a sketchy Chinese website, but eBay has a ton of Maddox jerseys available.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well a lot of the stuff Fanatics sells these days is just that bad Chinese quality knockoff stuff so better to pay a shady eBay seller than them

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Heyman reporting Sonny grey is signing with the cardinals today. Not mad about it but definitely trying to hold out hope they’re looking to trade for somebody. We need to unload some of these dorks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

General Bullshit posted:

My nephew is obsessed with baseball and recently read about Greg Maddux and wants his jersey.

That's right.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ozymandius1024 posted:

You joke, but I'll take Maeda over rolling out Joey Wentz or Alex Faedo any day of the week.

There were rumors a week or so ago that Detroit was looking at Maeda to hopefully attract other Japanese talent, so I will be expecting Yamamoto any day now Mr. Harris :colbert:

Maeda in Comerica is a good combo, it's a pretty savvy signing for Detroit, I'd say.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mycatscrimes posted:

Yeah but robots don't talk funny like umpires do

Personally I look forward to hearing Stephen Hawking calling balls and strikes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Heyman reporting Sonny grey is signing with the cardinals today. Not mad about it but definitely trying to hold out hope they’re looking to trade for somebody. We need to unload some of these dorks

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1729146971687100850

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1729145786070610120

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
They're all old but I think Gray is leaps and bounds better than anybody else in that rotation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

IMO this would be a poo poo move for the White Sox since the Braves’ farm system is so barren

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1729163366218731718?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I though Cease was washed

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

It's all coming together for an 82 win season baby

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

FlamingLiberal posted:

IMO this would be a poo poo move for the White Sox since the Braves’ farm system is so barren

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1729163366218731718?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

This article is based off a Bob Nightengale tweet, so congratulations to the Dodgers on their Dylan Cease acquisition

Gonna be fun when we get to March and have to listen to Mark Bowman go on about how Reynaldo Lopez and, I dunno, Sean Manaea were the ideal rotation solutions for the Braves

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Does Vaughn Grissom fit the Sox's plans (other than in the sense of not being paid much)?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does Vaughn Grissom fit the Sox's plans (other than in the sense of not being paid much)?

What other sense is there?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

No, because the Sox don't have plans.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

They're all old but I think Gray is leaps and bounds better than anybody else in that rotation.

Quite the low bar

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Gray's coming off a CYA-2 finish and his most IP since 2015. As long as he stays healthy he's going to be annoyingly good as the Cards' ace.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jason Heyward is going to re-sign with the Dodgers for one year

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jason Heyward is going to re-sign with the Dodgers for one year

One year $9M apparently:https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1729186447134163331

Decent amount of scratch for a strict platoon guy but he put up over an .800 OPS vs RHP this season along with plus defense in RF which lets the Dodgers be flexible in moving Mookie around.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I think it's more the other way around: Mookie's flexibility lets them carry a platoon-bat RF like Heyward, which in turn means all they need at 2B is a glove-guy who can face LHP.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

One year $9M apparently:https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1729186447134163331

Decent amount of scratch for a strict platoon guy but he put up over an .800 OPS vs RHP this season along with plus defense in RF which lets the Dodgers be flexible in moving Mookie around.

Good I'm glad he's getting some more money.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

Good I'm glad he's getting some more money.

Finally it's not at the Cubs' expense

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/NotMrTibbs/status/1728853089468428789?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mauer is Hall of Very Good.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
WAR: Mauer 53, Mystery Catcher 42

WAA: Mauer 27, Mystery Catcher 17

Top 5 seasons by bWAR: Mauer 8, 6, 6, 5, 5; Mystery Catcher 6, 6, 5, 4, 4

Gold Gloves: Mauer 3, Mystery Catcher 0

But I'm just messing with you, of course there's only one stat that matters:
RINGZZZZZ: Mauer 0, Mystery Catcher 4

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This is an insane person's ballot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eric the Mauve posted:

WAR: Mauer 53, Mystery Catcher 42

WAA: Mauer 27, Mystery Catcher 17

Top 5 seasons by bWAR: Mauer 8, 6, 6, 5, 5; Mystery Catcher 6, 6, 5, 4, 4

Gold Gloves: Mauer 3, Mystery Catcher 0

But I'm just messing with you, of course there's only one stat that matters:
RINGZZZZZ: Mauer 0, Mystery Catcher 4

Is that posada? I didn't say I think he's a HOFer either. he's also hall of very good.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's Molina and I would have argued he doesn't belong in the HoF but seeing how the Cardinals pitching staff completely fell apart the year he retired and the entire organization seemed to actually be reliant on him I'm starting to think he actually was worth more than Mike Trout to the Cardinals.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think Yadi should be in the hall either, but as a troll on BFIB

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Joe Mauer was better than Bernie Williams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t deal with these people haha

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

It's Molina and I would have argued he doesn't belong in the HoF but seeing how the Cardinals pitching staff completely fell apart the year he retired and the entire organization seemed to actually be reliant on him I'm starting to think he actually was worth more than Mike Trout to the Cardinals.

Yadi doesn't have four rings

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Yadi doesn't have four rings

Oh yeah, I just looked at his bRef page and saw 42.1 WAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just add up the wars.