Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I wonder if it’d be possible to rip out everything else in that mod and just keep the sights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
im beginning to suspect that the final 20% stats on items wont be red equipment but rather from weapon mods, costing lots of diamantine as their new currency sink. maybe 100% damage will come with severe tradeoffs to ammo/mag count or recoil too so it's not just the default BiS. would deffo spend a fair bit on weapon mods boosting stability for some of the more egregious stuff like autoguns or bolters too

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Kantrael Infantry lasguns are kinda bad outside of the MG XII aren't they? The MG 1a is alright but the MG IV is terrible.

MG XII is excellent though.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

The Kantrael Infantry lasguns are kinda bad outside of the MG XII aren't they? The MG 1a is alright but the MG IV is terrible.

I have a lot of fun with the MGIV, it's more ammo efficient than a recon lasgun but almost as fast firing, it seems pretty good on Auric with its massive bonus against Maniac armour

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

toasterwarrior posted:

im beginning to suspect that the final 20% stats on items wont be red equipment but rather from weapon mods, costing lots of diamantine as their new currency sink. maybe 100% damage will come with severe tradeoffs to ammo/mag count or recoil too so it's not just the default BiS. would deffo spend a fair bit on weapon mods boosting stability for some of the more egregious stuff like autoguns or bolters too

My kokoro wish is that mods/attachments would also allow players to modify the tertiary ability of your weapons, allowing you to swap around flashlights/bayonets/secondary attacks on everything. I want a bayonet on my stubber.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

My kokoro wish is that mods/attachments would also allow players to modify the tertiary ability of your weapons, allowing you to swap around flashlights/bayonets/secondary attacks on everything. I want a bayonet on my stubber.

yeah with any luck it'll be modding the sight, attachment, and 1 core stat. good enough spread of slots to really tune your guns

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Way I see it a non-Recon Las Gun is good as long as it's able to at minimum one shot a Groaner or Pox Walker with a single body shot

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alotta these weapons exist so I can never get a good mission drop :mad:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Only if I can put the devil's claw riposte on my heavy sword for my Zealot. gently caress them ragers.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

toasterwarrior posted:

Just going for damage usually wouldn't be BiS anyway for some weapons, for some weapons stats such as Collateral or Crowd Control actually affect damage to specific armor values such as flak or unarmored, and in others the stat spread for damage isn't that wide anyway; an extra 5 points to 110 damage value isn't much compared to increasing crit modifier from 1.15 to 1.30, for example.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Arc Hammer posted:

Statistically the MG 1a and MG IV are higher DPS than the MG XII the catch is, without the Full Auto mod even the MG XII is an absolute pain on your left clicky finger. With the Full Auto mod the MG IV is still not very good, your shots are going all over the place and you're not leveraging the MG IVs excellent weakpoint damage. I thought I'd be cheeky and roll one with Infernus and Headhunter to try as a post nerfed VId firestarter, and it turned out to feel a lot worse than the recon lasguns with their tight spreads when ADS, and good luck trying to get Headhunter to proc.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Arc Hammer posted:

The 1a and IV were recently buffed; I've tried the IV and it's pretty fun and perfectly useable on damnation but hard to leverage for maximum effect because if you fire at the maximum RoF (which you'd probably want to use a mod for) there's enough recoil there to give you trouble. Haven't tried the 1a post-buff still.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

I rolled a nice crusher with perfect perks + blessings (t4 skullcrusher / hammerblow) and decent stats, and yeah it feels great staggering everyone. I used it to do the martyrdom penances and it felt pretty strong with that build, though I don't like that keystone very much. Is there a general rule for what weapon types work better with the crit keystone vs momentum? My instinct would be fast weapons want crit for more procs, and slower takes momentum. But this game has lots of weird damage interactions and rules so i have no idea what weapons crit is good for

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

thalweg posted:

I rolled a nice crusher with perfect perks + blessings (t4 skullcrusher / hammerblow) and decent stats, and yeah it feels great staggering everyone. I used it to do the martyrdom penances and it felt pretty strong with that build, though I don't like that keystone very much. Is there a general rule for what weapon types work better with the crit keystone vs momentum? My instinct would be fast weapons want crit for more procs, and slower takes momentum. But this game has lots of weird damage interactions and rules so i have no idea what weapons crit is good for
You got it right imo, but there's also a weapon's cleave to consider, since you can get a ton of procs for Invocation of Death in a single swing if there's a big horde. That's why I like using a crit build with the crusher, since it's both fast and has good cleave. (well that, and I don't really like Martyrdom and Momentum requires a more mobile weapon/playstyle)

Oh and some weapons like the dagger and tactical axe have an innate critical hit chance bonus, but those are fast anyway. It's hidden on the dagger but with the tacaxe it's listed on their info screen.

Anyways, since there's a bunch more crusher users in this thread lately I guess I'll repeat the most optimal bread and butter combo I've found with it, which is:
Light -> Heavy (only once as opener)
And then after the heavy sideways swing you do:
Light x3 -> Heavy -> repeat
You can also not bother with the opener and just do the repeat combo but then you get a single overhead attack mixed in which is not ideal. It's only once the first time though.
After a shove-attack, if you want to reset into the BnB then do a heavy afterwards for the relentless attack.

With this setup you basically get all crowd-controlling attacks, which is great for mixed hordes even if there's a bunch of Ragers within, though with those you gotta make sure to aim for the head just to be safe, since that will stagger them even after they've started their combo. (though the +30% impact talent is required for this and is highly recommended as such)
Only if there's Bulwarks or Crushers do you have to really change things up, and it's tempting to just spam the charged special over and over but that doesn't do great damage. Instead use the charged special as an opener to give yourself time for a couple overhead attacks, or preferably some shove-attacks to the dome as those have a really good damage multiplier for weakspots/crits.

If you lose track of any of this during battle you can always check where your weapon ends up at after an attack; if it ends up on the left side of your screen then you always get the relentless sideways heavy, and otherwise you get the overhead. I also use this trick on some other weapons like the eviscerator though they have different particulars.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Alotta these weapons exist so I can never get a good mission drop :mad:

Best part of Ogryn is all best guns, big booms, no search through bad.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
what am i looking for for a gorgonum stubber? i got charmed reload and blaze away, which i understand isnt that great anymore?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Consult this for all Ogyn related questions.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3044646170

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How does one see what combos a weapon actually does?
I'm trying out the thunder hammer on my Zealot and it seems like when I try and chain heavy attacks my character randomly changes like...the hand placement on the Thammer but doesn't actually swing it? It's odd.

Also, I assume you use the special to lightning charge the hammer and a quick attack against single targets and heavy attack (as it's a sweep attack) is against hordes?
Or am I totally off with my thinking?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'm trying out the thunder hammer on my Zealot and it seems like when I try and chain heavy attacks my character randomly changes like...the hand placement on the Thammer but doesn't actually swing it? It's odd.

Also, I assume you use the special to lightning charge the hammer and a quick attack against single targets and heavy attack (as it's a sweep attack) is against hordes?

The hand switching thing has been happening ever since the rework and it is infuriating, I have no idea what is going on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Edit: owned again

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 27, 2023

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Jerkface posted:

i dunno if anyone posted this (I power skimmed the thread) but someone looked at the code and Marksman Focus grants the reduced threat that Camo used to give in the old veteran feats. So as long as you have 1 stack of Focus you will have 90% reduced threat, and it doesn't need the coherency that old camo had either.

They also posted later that it was an experiment to see who would take the bait and that the relevant code is inert; marksman’s focus does not reduce threat in any way.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

The combos are shown in the Inspect screen. There are slow single attacks, fast single attacks, damaging multi attacks, and staggering multi attacks.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't swing besides getting interrupted from getting hit yourself (which resets your combo) or a faulty button. As long as you hold down the attack button before the animation of the previous attack ends you'll start the next attack in the chain.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Preechr posted:

They also posted later that it was an experiment to see who would take the bait and that the relevant code is inert; marksman’s focus does not reduce threat in any way.

LOL wtf ok I obviously did not follow up on that thread NEVERMIND

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

For single target on the crucis you can tap block > light > light > tap block > light > light to string a bunch of head bonks. Light attack 3 is a side attack and tapping block briefly resets the pattern so its all long range headshots.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Just getting back in to Darktide and this is perfect for me, Bonk the Ogryn.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

withoutclass posted:

Bonk the Ogryn.

I find it deeply satisfying that, while human characters are called normal gamer stuff, Ogryns are almost all named Bash or Chunk or Hamface or something. Propa Ogryn names, sah!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone with a widescreen monitor have the launcher's dimensions all hosed up? When I upgraded to an ultrawide, it just looks like a mess. The game is fine (other than the hacking minigame machine is a bit horizontally compressed for some reason)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

megane posted:

I find it deeply satisfying that, while human characters are called normal gamer stuff, Ogryns are almost all named Bash or Chunk or Hamface or something. Propa Ogryn names, sah!

TRUE-BREXIT-GEEZER

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Anyone with a widescreen monitor have the launcher's dimensions all hosed up? When I upgraded to an ultrawide, it just looks like a mess. The game is fine (other than the hacking minigame machine is a bit horizontally compressed for some reason)

No issues with the launcher on 21:9 or 32:9. I never noticed a problem with the puzzle mini-game on 21:9, but it definitely looks funky on the 32:9.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Welcome to ultrawide gaming!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

megane posted:

Almost every Ogyn is a 4-5 letter name, it's great.

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Have always played the game at 32:9 and never had a problem with the launcher...the auspex looks fine I think too?

Edit: There's some weird clipping issues with the Ogryn's arms while running in Ultrawide....thats all I can think of off hand

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Tiny Chalupa posted:

The Crucis heavy attacks are all horizontal swings good for hordes. The light overhead is good for single targets, but for hard targets the charged heavy attack does way more damage when I tested it.

So for crushers I do charged heavy attacks even though it feels like overhead lights would be better. This also has to do with certain blessings like Thrust that work with heavy attacks.

The ironhelm has different patterns and is quicker, and it's special attack only hits harder targets.

Edit - I highly recommend the hotkeys mod for the Lobby, that way I can get into the practice area with one click, and change my weapons in the practice area with one click.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I tried a Zealot crit build with Chorus and a tactical axe and it's surprisingly good. To folks saying it's nice to have a pause button for your group, yes indeed.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Internet Explorer posted:

I tried a Zealot crit build with Chorus and a tactical axe and it's surprisingly good. To folks saying it's nice to have a pause button for your group, yes indeed.

Yeah I pretty much switched to chorus permanently on my zealot. The charge needs a little something else to be nearly as useful.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Chorus is insanely good but I often find that just like Smite, my groups will just stand there and stare rather than focus down the crusher or pick up the fallen guy. It's like the opposite of how Brain Burst glow would tell people "shoot this guy right now"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like it when I voice of command and two people run out of the area while I'm like "wait no please come back" as four ragers stand back up.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Chorus is insanely good but I often find that just like Smite, my groups will just stand there and stare rather than focus down the crusher or pick up the fallen guy. It's like the opposite of how Brain Burst glow would tell people "shoot this guy right now"

I'm sorry. I'm the guy who kill steals the crusher with my quickdraw pistol.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The axe loses value at higher difficulties when you really need to get the mobs out of your face right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If it's a mixed horde with my knife build, I like going after whatever basic guys are around, doing backstab kills until you get it back in a couple seconds, "DID YOU NOT GET THE IMPLICATION THE FIRST TIME?! SO HELP ME, I WILL KEEP CHORUSING UNTIL THE CLASS CAN FOCUS ON THE TASK IN FRONT OF THEM."