Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Don't say I never gave you nothin

lmbo I love this thread with all my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Febreeze posted:

Still need the podium shot where DeVito is on 3 and Caleb and Drake are 1 and 2

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ylXMEw7hoE&t=640s

this timestamp was one of my fav parts of the game cuz the football gods deemed this team inexplicably unworthy of an easy game winning TD for the second time in a row this week and lmao at the announcer

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

I am Incredibly Annoyed with the Eagles

Waking up this morning, this really feels like a Cowboys loss; This locks up the division for Philly and almost certainly the number one seed and relegates Dallas to a divisional round game. Probably against loving San Francisco again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Waking up this morning, this really feels like a Cowboys loss; This locks up the division for Philly and almost certainly the number one seed and relegates Dallas to a divisional round game. Probably against loving San Francisco again.

The eagles could lose 2-3 more and Dallas could win out. Chin up, buddy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I, too, am disappointed that the eagles won, but if you have your hope in the bills, well, remember that they are the bills.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
with the way they're playing Eagles could very well drop the next two if they hadn't signed the refs in the offseason

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

You can always take solace in some advanced stats that describe why Dallas should be undefeated and Dak is the runaway MVP candidate.

:smug:

Speaking of MVP, I'm hearing a lot or rumbling about Hurts as a front runner and...no? It's a weird subject this year since offense and QB play is down but it honestly seems like Jalen has had a bit of a wonky year despite the team's success. I'd say this year might finally be a vote where it's not automatically a QB and, for me, McCaffery is the MVP right now if I had a vote. Lamar? Tyreek Hill?

But usually it's the best QB on the team with the best record so that's Jalen Hurts and one has to do that thing where you hypothetically take this guy off this team and that's a point in Jalen's favor so I dunno. If the Eagles win out, I don't see how Hurts is NOT the MVP.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of MVP, I'm hearing a lot or rumbling about Hurts as a front runner and...no? It's a weird subject this year since offense and QB play is down but it honestly seems like Jalen has had a bit of a wonky year despite the team's success. I'd say this year might finally be a vote where it's not automatically a QB and, for me, McCaffery is the MVP right now if I had a vote. Lamar? Tyreek Hill?

But usually it's the best QB on the team with the best record so that's Jalen Hurts and one has to do that thing where you hypothetically take this guy off this team and that's a point in Jalen's favor so I dunno. If the Eagles win out, I don't see how Hurts is NOT the MVP.

IIRC, they said before the game yesterday that Hurts’ numbers this year are almost identical to his numbers at the same point last year, and he finished second to Mahomes for MVP (Although it wasn’t close, Mahomes got 48 first place votes and Hurts got just one). If he keeps up and they finish with the best record, he’s probably the favorite to win it unless somebody else goes HAM in December.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BiggerBoat posted:

You can always take solace in some advanced stats that describe why Dallas should be undefeated and Dak is the runaway MVP candidate.

Plus, comeback wins are the kind of thing that get credited to a QB regardless of any other factors, so the whole 'down at halftime every single game' narrative is going to help him a lot in the voting.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It was so cold and rainy and lovely last night I bet being there for that win last night was an incredible experience towards the end (after such a DOGSHIT first half). Ive been in real bad weather during camping trips and after a while you stop giving a gently caress as everyone is bonding experiencing the same bullshit collectively, so staying for that comeback OT walk off touchdown would def be up there in top live sports event experiences for a regular season win like ever imo. I was on my feet screaming WE'RE GONNA WIN!!! the second Hurts took off which my cat did not appreciate but god drat that ruled, it was so clear he was gonna score by the 12yd line :sickos: What a cool win,, Im still a little in shock.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If the Eagles lose to the Niners next weekend which is very possible, everything's back on the table. It's waaaay too early to crown anybody

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think people are just looking ahead where Philly gets the Giants twice and Arizona while Dallas still needs to play Miami, Buffalo, and Detroit.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I can't look at that Giants-Cards-Giants stretch without thinking something stupid is gonna happen. It's a clownball sandwich

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Harlock posted:

I think people are just looking ahead where Philly gets the Giants twice and Arizona while Dallas still needs to play Miami, Buffalo, and Detroit.

🤌

Giants gonna sweep the Eagles just like they did Washington.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
I think Hurts should be the odds on favorite at this point. Interesting tweet on the disconnect between EPA and MVP odds this year, but that's probably attributable to the disconnect between points for and wins.

The Eagles are 7th in points for (sandwiched between the Lions, Bills, and Chargers), but have the most wins on the season.

https://twitter.com/KevinCole___/status/1729137267862610383?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

made a lil somethin for cowboys fans to watch if they didnt like that eagles win

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227491356535291905/1178708512507953273/eaglesbillsdirectorscut.mp4

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
oh my goodness

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

It's so kind of you to soothe their anxieties like this. They should watch it before bed every night so they sleep better.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Febreeze posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It blows my mind that Rasul Dougles just stands there at the line and gives a half hearted shove as Hurts is crossing the goal line.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of MVP, I'm hearing a lot or rumbling about Hurts as a front runner and...no?

It's not impossible, because Mahomes is having a 'down year' and voters care the Most about the overall record but unless Hurts plays immaculately down the stretch, his numbers are going to end up pretty pedestrian; he has the third most interceptions and the twelveth most touchdowns, top 5 in sacks taken, and middle of the road in attempts and yards, and below average in net passing yards, and passer rating.

He is pushing the ball down field, with the highest intended air yards of his career, and top 5 in the league, but he's not attempting a ton of them, getting them picked off a little too much, and getting a ton of help from his offense - he has a league-low drop% from his receivers.

Overall, Philly is leaning on a run-heavy, conservative game plan, and if the chalk holds, it will be interesting to see what happens between Hurts, Mahomes, Maybe Dak, and Dark Horse Brock Purdy, IMO.

Also I guess Lamar gets to play 4 of 5 against bad teams to close out the season, so he might could sneak up and make a play for it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hurts is either 1st or 2nd in total touchdowns. His rushing numbers are doing a lot of the legwork his passing game isn't in his MVP case aside from being on the team with the most wins.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ayudo posted:

I think Hurts should be the odds on favorite at this point. Interesting tweet on the disconnect between EPA and MVP odds this year, but that's probably attributable to the disconnect between points for and wins.

The Eagles are 7th in points for (sandwiched between the Lions, Bills, and Chargers), but have the most wins on the season.

https://twitter.com/KevinCole___/status/1729137267862610383?s=20

I'm not a gambler, but I think taking Purdy at +1500 is a great play; if SF beats Philly, the odds flip and you can cash out maybe

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

blarzgh posted:

I'm not a gambler, but I think taking Purdy at +1500 is a great play; if SF beats Philly, the odds flip and you can cash out maybe

Yeah, I can see the MVP voters talking themselves into Purdy if they can get the one seed.

Niners remaining schedule is PHI, SEA, ARI, BAL, WAS, LAR. That's not exactly a murderers row of teams outside of PHI and BAL. Purdy may just have it if he can win in philly. No small feat.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Purdy is like the 4th most valuable player on his own team behind Deebo, Trent, and CMC

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

eagles are incredibly a home dog against the niners lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Purdy is like the 4th most valuable player on his own team behind Deebo, Trent, and CMC

Hurts has each of the Best offensive line, Best defensive line (my info on this may be outdated, I'll let philly posters opine), and Best wide receiver in football.

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 27, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Purdy has been on of the best QBs all year don’t be a hater

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Purdy has been on of the best QBs all year don’t be a hater

Its insane; I'm willing to bet I watched more Iowa State football than anyone here (i.e. maybe 3 total games of Purdy's career??) and never, not once ever, did I, or anyone else say, "That dude will be an NFL QB one day."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking at the stats his completion rate senior year was pretty good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

yeah, that offense tanked immediately with Williams and Deebo out, bounced back when they came back. idk how you can argue he's even the most valuable 9er. if he gets MVP it's more fraudulent than Embiid's

he's having a good year in an offense that went to the superbowl with Jimmy G. he's very good, that's about it though

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have no way to prove it but that final TD was the only rushing TD Jalen Hurts has ever earned

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
You clearly are unaware that he can squat 600 (six-hundred) pounds

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He does have several from the 1 but he did do this last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWNkfA8IvQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
he also had that one rush i think earlier this year where he just ran straight up the middle from like the 20 and there was absolutely nobody within 15 yards of him as he coasted into the end zone, loving bizarre thing that was