Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I guess the pattern here is that the writers never talk to each other about how old anyone is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

wait is she? her character bio states she's older than a teenager

theres a line where she says she's "almost a grown-up" or something, whatever that means

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Guinafen is living alone after moving to the Xianzhou Luofu, which doesn't preclude her from being a minor but she's also friends with Sushang (who is old enough to serve in the Cloud Knights and move out of home) and Guinafen definitely offers to get alcohol with Sushang at least once.

Edit: Her personal story outright says she "passed all her teenage years" on the mining planet owned by the IPC that her family fled to after Camelot (her home planet) was destroyed by the Antimatter Legion.

Editx2: Sushang is clearly the Arthur to Guinafen's Guinevere.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 27, 2023

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Guinafen is living alone after moving to the Xianzhou Luofu, which doesn't preclude her from being a minor but she's also friends with Sushang (who is old enough to serve in the Cloud Knights and move out of home) and Guinafen definitely offers to get alcohol with Sushang at least once.

Edit: Her personal story outright says she "passed all her teenage years" on the mining planet owned by the IPC that her family fled to after Camelot (her home planet) was destroyed by the Antimatter Legion.

More conflicting info between writers then I guess, since I also remember in the event her saying something about almost being an adult, implying whatever age in their society is our equivalent of like a 16 year old.

Honestly it’s whatever though. They can’t keep their ages straight and I think the character body model they choose for a character is probably a better metric for someone who’s into their characters (speaking as an outside there though at least for this game). Otherwise it’s just more arguments about how someone like Bailu is *actually* not a child or whatever the narrative is from those types.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

rio posted:

More conflicting info between writers then I guess, since I also remember in the event her saying something about almost being an adult, implying whatever age in their society is our equivalent of like a 16 year old.

Honestly it’s whatever though. They can’t keep their ages straight and I think the character body model they choose for a character is probably a better metric for someone who’s into their characters (speaking as an outside there though at least for this game). Otherwise it’s just more arguments about how someone like Bailu is *actually* not a child or whatever the narrative is from those types.

She could be 20, since in some cultures 21 is "adult" (because you can start drinking alcohol/drive) but also I'm pretty sure Sushang and Guin mention drinking somewhere anyway.

I also don't remember that line from the event admittedly.

But also if it's specific to the Xianzhou, they're all immortals so they probably have a skewed view of maturity/adulthood. At least in universe a lot of people think Guinaifen is attractive (from the comments on her social media posts). Stelle/Caelus too actually.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 27, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I will only accept character-age analysis based directly on the original Zhongwen.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Gui mentions in voice that she's "not far off from her teen years" or some such so she's got to be 20 or 21

But also: they have no idea what the ages of any of their characters are

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://youtu.be/XGxCMyLm6js

Prozd has the answers, as always.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

she's also a social media influencer, so she's gonna downplay her age

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

delfin posted:

The main issue is that Difficulty V hits too hard for my healers to keep up for long, and my main dpses (Blade and Topaz) are centered around Elation's blessings, so I need to work out a hybrid with much better sustain to make up for not having full Elation benefits. My only shielders are Fireblazer and March, so I'm testing Blade - Topaz - FB - Bailu as a Preservation/Elation hybrid at the moment.

There's a fair amount of luck involved, of course. Like, I'm always hoping for Svarog at the second boss choice because (for example) if it's Cocolia and the Deer, I can't focus down either before they end me on V.

Direct damage mitigation (like actually lowering the damage enemies do, either through debuffing them or increasing the party's defense and damage resistance) is basically required for difficulty 5. Even shielding usually doesn't suffice unless you luck into all the necessary blessings, like the one that lets your shields stack.

After many failed tries with Abundance and Preservation, I finally won with...Nihility. I think because of its blessings that reduce enemy attack. The "heal on DoT" dealt with most of my healing needs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, the ATK down blessing on Nihility is super good. Unfortunately it takes a pretty big investment in Nihility to even use.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Edly posted:

Relic farming for DHIL is going pretty well, just need to upgrade his sphere, and build Yukong to push his crit rate over the 70% threshold.

This is by far the strongest character I've made between this game and Genshin, hopefully some of the new upcoming content is tough enough to make it feel meaningful.

Good news, MoC for this patch has increased from 16 turns to 20 turns remaining for 3 stars!

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

delfin posted:

The main issue is that Difficulty V hits too hard for my healers to keep up for long, and my main dpses (Blade and Topaz) are centered around Elation's blessings, so I need to work out a hybrid with much better sustain to make up for not having full Elation benefits. My only shielders are Fireblazer and March, so I'm testing Blade - Topaz - FB - Bailu as a Preservation/Elation hybrid at the moment.

There's a fair amount of luck involved, of course. Like, I'm always hoping for Svarog at the second boss choice because (for example) if it's Cocolia and the Deer, I can't focus down either before they end me on V.

Hmm, maybe also try Abundance/Hunt hybrid with Blade and Destruction with Topaz?
Also Remembrance and Nihility depend mostly on your luck (and a bit strategy), for both paths you can eventually run with multiple healer/shielders.

Edit: Tried Remembrance. It can be clared it with any DPS that can bring the team (March, Pela and a healer) to the 2nd Plane (I used Seele here but Topaz would work as well). There're also clear records with free characters only and no relic.
Wanted to record a video but my outdated phone didn't allow it.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 27, 2023

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Destruction + Abundance does veeery well with Blade. He cuts his own HP, fighting stacks! he gets healed back up, abundance buffs! You can stack some truly ridiculous amounts of buffs on Blade because he’s constantly triggering all of them and turn him into a self-sustaining immortal bug thresher if you get the wind weakness option.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Good news, MoC for this patch has increased from 16 turns to 20 turns remaining for 3 stars!

Stage 5 is Swarm after 2 elites on the second half. What a bitch.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Guinaifen is really hot

You could say that about just about every character in Hoyo games. For me this patch it's still how the judge sisters sounded like they recorded for an ASMR segment in Japanese instead of for combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOFkVJC5rLs (still can't believe this is the same VA as Kirara in Genshin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4FgNICZ3A (not the voice I would have expected at all)

I still feel like they are going for elegance most of the time and "hotness" is just kind of a side effect of that design philosophy. Also Pela seems to be the character they most can't decide what age group she's supposed to fit into. She's apparently either in her late 20's or mid teens depending on which lore tidbits you're looking at.

Clarste posted:

We already had that with Sushang becoming 15 due to a mistranslation, didn't we?

Is there a conspiracy to turn everyone in this game into a teenager?

Sushang actually was 15 when Otto first met her in 15th century China in Honkai 3rd. She's just really big in the chest area, while also being only slightly taller than Theresa in that game. He refers to her as a kid several times in the 7 Swords visual novel that contains her backstory. I can believe that her Star Rail counterpart is supposed to, for all intents and purposes, be 15.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 27, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

rio posted:

Fu Xuan and Qingque are never portrayed as anything other than whole-rear end adults and both of them use the same short lady model as Pela(who was also a whole-rear end adult until the person who wrote the Lynx stuff forgot she was based on Pela being short) and Clara(who is definitely early teens at the oldest and falls into the "child" box pretty definitively). People are also unsure about Guinaifen and Sushang's ages due to inconsistent writing, and they're both on the same "middle height lady" model as Asta and Topaz.

The only completely unambiguous "this person is a child" model right now is the little kid one they use for Bailu and Hook, but fortunately they haven't introduced any playable characters with that model that are not supposed to be either physically or mentally children so there's no ambiguity there.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Sushang is "courting age" in the letter from her mother, for what it's worth. Also she's a military (police)woman but as shown in the Huohuo story the Xianzhou Luofu does train and employ children(?) in dangerous and potentially combat involved duties. Huohuo herself is a judge-in-training and definitely not an adult for example and the spiritfairers are very young too I think?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Please more pages about what characters are hot and how old they are.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Please more pages about what characters are hot and how old they are.

Yeah for real lol wtf people.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hook's head is huge. Like, go walk up to adult NPCs as hook and compare. Her head is gigantic for a little kid

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Eldsluft posted:

Sadly she does not. If you really want the light cone to be slightly useful then go for Blade rerun (iirc Xueyi would be in his pool as well).
But well, 5* light cones always have better stats than 4* ones so you may also say she can get some use out of it. The one in Herta Shop still would be better though.

Thank you for this! Blade has been fun when I've used him via the support system so I might as well shoot for that.

Really enjoying the game despite having basically none of the supposedly 'OP' characters. I can be pretty confident that even if I'm pulling for a character just because they're the right kind of stupid (Dr. Ratio), they're still gonna add utility to existing teams at least. In some ways I'm actually having more fun dicking around with weird team comps than I would min-maxing DPS. Game's good!

e: I'm confused. How old is Todd?

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 27, 2023

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
Welt should be around 76-80 years old, he became "Welt" 68 years ago (Nov. 24, 1955), and the boy Joachim in Anti-Entropy graphic novel should be around 8~12 years old.

By far the only confirmed under-age we have are Yanqing (as he is referred to as 总角之年(8~14 years old) in the Chinese text, though well... for Xianzhou natives their conception of age may be slightly different from us) and Hook.
Also, Yanqing's story mentioned that he is a special case in "earned a military commission before he even reached the age of majority", so Sushang, as a Cloud Knight (who is not so special), should be an adult even by Xianzhou standards.

Huohuo has spent 68 years as a judge-in-training, she might be a child when she was taken in by the Ten-Lords Comission, but she clearly is not a child anymore.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 27, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
dating Guinevere would be annoying as hell with all the livestreaming. me, i'll be jamming out with pela and serval. reading fanfic and tinkering in the shop.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Welt is action grandpa. He looks so hot because he's had to rebuild his body from scratch at least twice now. Also he's a massive nerd and they need to have him geeking out about anime and giant robots again.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I think Kafka is pretty... :blush:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bad Video Games posted:

Stage 5 is Swarm after 2 elites on the second half. What a bitch.

I am so not equipped for that because the elites just stack Burn onto everyone like crazy. I'm stuck because I need to run Natalie on that side to even have a chance, but she doesn't have Bailu's revive.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I 3-starred everything on my first attempt, but this moc sucks, lmao.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

delfin posted:

I am so not equipped for that because the elites just stack Burn onto everyone like crazy. I'm stuck because I need to run Natalie on that side to even have a chance, but she doesn't have Bailu's revive.

Just pull for Huohuo, she's designed for this kind of thing

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

i actually still use Serval a lot in MoC because there's a lot of electric vulnerable minions in there

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

NeonPunk posted:

Just pull for Huohuo, she's designed for this kind of thing

I'm trying, but after pulling Topaz twice on her banner and Bailu's LC on the standard banner, my next 5* will be sometime in August.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I would date the handsome grandpa tbh

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

I would date the handsome grandpa tbh

He's actually married, to Tesla the red head in his splash art.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I for one would not date Mr.Nokia

He can change his name all he wants he can't escape the Nokianvirtanen

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It always comes back to Finland

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Hey goons, came here to see if there's anyone based in New Jersey or New York that wants to help me out getting the in game codes for the tie ins for money when they start?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lord_Magmar posted:

Sushang is "courting age" in the letter from her mother, for what it's worth. Also she's a military (police)woman but as shown in the Huohuo story the Xianzhou Luofu does train and employ children(?) in dangerous and potentially combat involved duties. Huohuo herself is a judge-in-training and definitely not an adult for example and the spiritfairers are very young too I think?

Isn’t the Huohuo thing made even weirder by the fact she’s been working for the Commission for decades, but someone else mentions a hairpin ceremony marking foxians as adults when they’re about 30? The Ten-Lords do seem to love employing child soldiers though. And so do the Cloud Knights is Yanqing is anything to go by.

I dunno man MHY is weird with ages and frankly them introducing any concrete numbers is a mistake.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

He's actually married, to Tesla the red head in his splash art.

I actually looked into this. The same dialogue that says he's married also says he's not, Tesla is listed as his adopted child's adopted mother but not necessarily as his wife, and Carole thinks that is loving weird. Could very well just be for adoption papers purposes.

Personally I prefer this interpretation because
1. Imo they're a weird and slightly creepy ship because adult Tesla was Welt's childhood crush but they're both ancient now so whatever.

2.Tesla and Einstein are obviously very gay and Welt has big aroace vibes to me.

3. "Welt is technically married to Nikola Tesla, mostly for paperwork purposes" is fun "god what even is this man's insane backstory" baggage, while "Welt has an abandoned wife and kid and if you ship him he's cheating" is more "baggagey" baggage.

More importantly, however, between statements from Himeko's classmates and Carole, Welt is canonically very hot. I think that actually applies to surprisingly few characters.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i don't know about all that weird honkai stuff but a hobbit comes of age at 33 and that's what I'm sticking with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

El Burbo posted:

It always comes back to Finland

someone draw sam lake in mihoyo style