Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sisal Two-Step posted:

it is very funny that vince didn't know

If ever there was a sign that Vince is being eased out after the sale, it's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Art Of Wrestling podcast ep where punk talked about them trying to kill him with staph infections and firing him on his wedding day and whatnot is exactly 9 years old today, which is fun.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Miching Mallecho posted:

It's still funny listening to the Punk podcast when he left WWE again now, and all the complaints about his storylines, having to wrestle triple H, etc

When he had massive control over that stuff in AEW, he still hosed it up by not being an adult over the dumbest things. It's all still very funny. :lol:

Look that was 10 years ago Punk - you can't listen to him he's a hypocrite! As well as 2 years ago Punk. And 1 year ago Punk. But today Punk? That dude is a stand up fellow - you can believe him.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

projecthalaxy posted:

The Art Of Wrestling podcast ep where punk talked about them trying to kill him with staph infections and firing him on his wedding day and whatnot is exactly 9 years old today, which is fun.
"9 years ago today a bad man named SCOTT COLTON and also probably his mother locked me in a room and forced me to say a bunch of mean things about you, the WWE UNIVERSE..."

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I'm interested to see how long it'll take before he's "just a guy" there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bianca is their best PC graduate. Montez Ford is one too.

I think they've got some more promising folks as well. Tiffany Stratton as has been said. Keylani Jordan looks like a natural.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Punk's now the same age as Bob Backlund coming back to fight Bret Hart. They'd both been away for around 10 years too. Weird old straight edge guy with a bad haircut.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Big E was an FCW trainee rather than an nxt or performance center one. Not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Well, so was Bray if you want to be pedantic. I think being in the WWE developmental program is close enough for this discussion.

Codependent Poster posted:

Bianca is their best PC graduate. Montez Ford is one too.

I think they've got some more promising folks as well. Tiffany Stratton as has been said. Keylani Jordan looks like a natural.
Yeah, Bianca and Montez are good shouts here, and are definitely All PC

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

keithy george posted:

Punk's now the same age as Bob Backlund coming back to fight Bret Hart. They'd both been away for around 10 years too. Weird old straight edge guy with a bad haircut.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

keithy george posted:

Weirdly enough I was just thinking about that and how Backlund would have been looked at if he came back and said "Listen up, kids. I'm the Locker Room Leader!" to Bret, Shawn, Taker, etc.

Punk absolutely wants to be that guy and seriously the Miz has a better argument for locker room leader. He's been there, doing the lovely work every single week. But Punk is gonna wanna be that leader and it'll be so loving funny.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Power Windows posted:

The difference is that, despite everything they've done to him, Punk respects WWE. He didn't respect AEW.

I think quite a few of the ex-WWE guys in AEW don’t respect AEW.

I think the ones that do respect it are I guess Jericho, Moxley (how did I forget Moxley before?), Saraya, maybe Edge but it’s too early to tell, and Christian.

Guys like Andrade, Miro, Malakai, I imagine they have no respect for the company at all and are just waiting to see what happens.

Not much but enough to be a pain in the neck

fart blood fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 27, 2023

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The funniest thing they could do would be to kill him with another staph infection

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lol.

God Punk aged 20 years in 2.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

fart blood posted:

I think quite a few of the ex-WWE guys in AEW don’t respect AEW.

I think the ones that do respect it are I guess Jericho, Moxley (how did I forget Moxley before?), Saraya, maybe Edge but it’s too early to tell, and Christian.

Guys like Andrade, Miro, Malakai, I imagine they have no respect for the company at all and are just waiting to see what happens.

Not much but enough to be a pain in the neck

I wouldn't put Malakai in that list since his time in AEW has been marred by injuries and one mental health episode, but all three of those guys were signed without much thought given to how they'd be used, and I could buy Miro and Andrade being disillusioned by that.

Punk is still a dweeb and I'm glad he's in a company I don't watch.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

The thing about this whole situation that sticks with me is how it's that incident that got the ball rolling and led us back to Punk in WWE.

- Punk gets run ragged from WWE and leaves.

- Punk goes on his friend's podcast to poo poo on WWE for running him ragged.

- WWE funds a lawsuit based on things Punk said on that podcast. He wins, but hemorrhages money.

- The lawsuit causes Punk to end his friendship with the podcaster.

- Punk joins AEW years later, where his former friend works. Things go sour when somebody makes a vague reference to accusations that Punk was using backstage politics against his former friend.

- Punk's issues spread from the one wrestler to his friends and his friends' friends, culminating into a major incident and suspension. The boss tries to give him everything he can to placate him, but Punk can't get the matches and feuds he wants because he alienated major people on the roster.

- Punk snaps in such a way that it's on camera and they can almost immediately fire him.

- Freshly bitter at AEW, Punk returns to WWE.

Whatever happens next, it's a fascinating story.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gavok posted:

The thing about this whole situation that sticks with me is how it's that incident that got the ball rolling and led us back to Punk in WWE.

- Punk gets run ragged from WWE and leaves.

- Punk goes on his friend's podcast to poo poo on WWE for running him ragged.

- WWE funds a lawsuit based on things Punk said on that podcast. He wins, but hemorrhages money.

- The lawsuit causes Punk to end his friendship with the podcaster.

- Punk joins AEW years later, where his former friend works. Things go sour when somebody makes a vague reference to accusations that Punk was using backstage politics against his former friend.

- Punk's issues spread from the one wrestler to his friends and his friends' friends, culminating into a major incident and suspension. The boss tries to give him everything he can to placate him, but Punk can't get the matches and feuds he wants because he alienated major people on the roster.

- Punk snaps in such a way that it's on camera and they can almost immediately fire him.

- Freshly bitter at AEW, Punk returns to WWE.

Whatever happens next, it's a fascinating story.

Like I said, it could be anything from Punk getting fired for starting a fight backstage tonight or him beating Roman at Mania. Or him just stuck in mediocrity like Cody. Any outcome is awesome from the aspect of comedy.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I don't know why everyone sees Punk anywhere near Roman at Mania and not the way more obvious Seth feud reaching its conclusion at Mania. They'd probably main event night 1 easily.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah, they're pretty clearly setting up a Punk/Seth program, he's not getting anywhere near Roman any time soon.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I want Punk vs Cena one more time. Their last match was remarkable

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I don’t know why but I get the feeling none of the funny stuff is gonna happen. Well, his promo tonight will probably have some funny stuff, and maybe he gets another dumb injury at some point, that’d be funny.

But other than that I think he’s going to be motivated to prove he wasn’t the problem just to stick it to Tony Khan. I feel like when he went to AEW the stars were aligned for him and everyone else to treat him like a Locker Room Leader guy, that ship has now sailed and likely would never sail in current wwe. For Punk it’s now just about revenge against his latest enemy and wwe is the enemy of his enemy. Also he likes money and is a Landlord

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Technowrite posted:

The thing about Punk's return is the Audacity and the Hypocrisy, which would be the names of both wooden ships Punk would have if he had a Navy of his own.

The audacity needs to be as loud and as public as the hypocrisy imo

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I want Punk vs Cena one more time. Their last match was remarkable

Cena should put Punk through the firefly funhouse match

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Punk is gonna try to do an rko or a curbstomp and his skeleton will fly out of his body, and that will be extremely funny

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Maduo posted:

Punk begins in Bret Hart’s gear but by the end he’s Shawn throwing the half assed sharpshooter on Bret, next thing he knows he’s wiping spit off his face as Vince. He looks into a mirror and sees…

Ultimate Warrior…

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Maduo posted:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

lmao at him rattling off something about WWE being the hotest ticket in town to a huge section of empty seats behind him.

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't know why everyone sees Punk anywhere near Roman at Mania and not the way more obvious Seth feud reaching its conclusion at Mania. They'd probably main event night 1 easily.

And that will upset Punk because it wasn't the last match of Night 2. Which is glorious. I hope he never achieves that life goal.

The Seth feud and Night 1 main event makes sense. But that means that Punk isn't winning the Rumble and winning at Elimination Chamber. So who faces Roman?

Honestly... they ruined Cody as a credible person to defeat Roman. The run as champion has gotten so long that it is never going to be ended by Owens, Sami, Drew, or any of those people. It makes sense that if you're going to end it you put it on the hottest person in the company, which is Punk right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sandman McMahon posted:

But other than that I think he’s going to be motivated to prove he wasn’t the problem just to stick it to Tony Khan. I feel like when he went to AEW the stars were aligned for him and everyone else to treat him like a Locker Room Leader guy, that ship has now sailed and likely would never sail in current wwe. For Punk it’s now just about revenge against his latest enemy and wwe is the enemy of his enemy. Also he likes money and is a Landlord

I think you could just as easily swap AEW and WWE out in this statement though, like why wouldn't he also be equally as motivated to prove he wasn't the problem to Vince/WWE by being that guy in AEW? I think he probably started out with those intentions but it quickly went to poo poo when he didn't get everything and more. Not saying you're wrong it's just weird to see people genuinely think he'll be okay in this company being second fiddle to people like Roman or Brock who are arguably way more protected than anyone who has ever been in AEW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Astro7x posted:

lmao at him rattling off something about WWE being the hotest ticket in town to a huge section of empty seats behind him.

wait til you see any of aew's programming this year!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

I don’t know why but I get the feeling none of the funny stuff is gonna happen. Well, his promo tonight will probably have some funny stuff, and maybe he gets another dumb injury at some point, that’d be funny.

I mean that’s what everyone thought after the first fight in AEW too. Then he decided jungle boy was his mortal enemy. Never underestimate a straight edge pro wrestlers ego.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

explosivo posted:

I think you could just as easily swap AEW and WWE out in this statement though, like why wouldn't he also be equally as motivated to prove he wasn't the problem to Vince/WWE by being that guy in AEW? I think he probably started out with those intentions but it quickly went to poo poo when he didn't get everything and more. Not saying you're wrong it's just weird to see people genuinely think he'll be okay in this company being second fiddle to people like Roman or Brock who are arguably way more protected than anyone who has ever been in AEW.

I get what you’re saying and maybe/hopefully you are correct!

I guess I just get the feeling that for Punk it’s all about expectations. He went into AEW fully expecting to not only be the top star but also Dad to everyone backstage, and at first I think people were susceptible to that. If he’s expecting that in the Fed, well… good luck

EDIT I also have to think the bosses play into his mental state here. There’s gotta be a huge difference when your boss is a fanboy versus your boss being that dick you worked with a decade ago. You take advantage of the fanboy and you begrudgingly get along with the dick because you have no other option. That’s what I’d do!

rotinaj posted:

Punk is gonna try to do an rko or a curbstomp and his skeleton will fly out of his body, and that will be extremely funny

Personally this is the outcome I am cheering for

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 27, 2023

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
CM Punk vs. Stone Cold. Night 2 main event. Stone Cold gets to goad Punk for not really being anti-establishment. We get weeks of cool promo battles and a fun brawl just like the KO one. He pours beer down his throat. Everyone gives a hearty hell yeah, even the haters.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Astro7x posted:

And that will upset Punk because it wasn't the last match of Night 2. Which is glorious. I hope he never achieves that life goal.

The Seth feud and Night 1 main event makes sense. But that means that Punk isn't winning the Rumble and winning at Elimination Chamber. So who faces Roman?

Honestly... they ruined Cody as a credible person to defeat Roman. The run as champion has gotten so long that it is never going to be ended by Owens, Sami, Drew, or any of those people. It makes sense that if you're going to end it you put it on the hottest person in the company, which is Punk right now.

Cody loses the Rumble to Punk. Punk calls out that fucker Seth because he is his mortal enemy for all the poo poo talking. Cody has to scrape and fight even harder to get to the main event of Mania against Roman, does something at Elimination Chamber that gets him there.

Those both align with Punks story and Cody's story of him having to work his rear end off just to get another shot at Roman.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

explosivo posted:

I think you could just as easily swap AEW and WWE out in this statement though, like why wouldn't he also be equally as motivated to prove he wasn't the problem to Vince/WWE by being that guy in AEW? I think he probably started out with those intentions but it quickly went to poo poo when he didn't get everything and more.

TK booked the United Center specifically for his debut. He has his first match back in Chicago. He wins the title within the first year he's there. He wins it back in Chicago in the main event of the biggest PPV of the year. He gets a whole show created just for him, which debuts in Chicago. The company is also in Chicago like 8 times a year for his home town welcome.

What more does the guy want?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DeepDickPizza posted:

CM Punk vs. Stone Cold. Night 2 main event. Stone Cold gets to goad Punk for not really being anti-establishment. We get weeks of cool promo battles and a fun brawl just like the KO one. He pours beer down his throat. Everyone gives a hearty hell yeah, even the haters.

Ah gently caress... book it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

TK booked the United Center specifically for his debut. He has his first match back in Chicago. He wins the title within the first year he's there. He wins it back in Chicago in the main event of the biggest PPV of the year. He gets a whole show created just for him, which debuts in Chicago. The company is also in Chicago like 8 times a year for his home town welcome.

What more does the guy want?

To get to be head booker and most special boy in a wrestling company entirely focused around him with everyone telling him how great he is

He wants to be roman reigns during the bleakest days of the boring parts of the bloodline

Triple H nailed it when he said that the only way punk accepts change is if the change is punk

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

DeepDickPizza posted:

I don't care WHAT once-in-a-lifetime dream match they book - I'm not watching WWE!!!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rotinaj posted:

As much as I want the story to be "Punk can't go 3 months without trying to fist fight a coworker," I know that what's really going to happen is that he's going to get injured in the match setting up his Wrestlemania angle and either miss the show entirely or be reduced to just doing a half-hearted promo bit with a special guest star.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Punk begins in Bret Hart’s gear but by the end he’s Shawn throwing the half assed sharpshooter on Bret, next thing he knows he’s wiping spit off his face as Vince. He looks into a mirror and sees…

Ultimate Warrior…

I wish WWE was an interesting-enough company to do this.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I think it's brave of them to do a "everybody hates CM Punk because he's an annoying oval office" storyline with people who hate CM Punk but forcing people who publicly hate Punk to work with him probably cuts Punk's paranoia off at the knees.

Time will tell.