Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm i think im way behind on xp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Super No Vacancy posted:

Need to hit level 70 to complete the battlepass and superskins. I think 60 is for all items except superskins.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Super No Vacancy posted:

Same

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

December 2nd the Fortnite in game live event will happen.

The in game preview text is "Experience a new beginning, featuring an appearance by Eminem. But this isn't a concert... it's The Big Bang!" with this image:

Eminem will be a purchasable skin with 4 variants, 1 glider, 1 pick-axe, 4 back-blings, 2 emotes, and a possible music pack.

The end of chapter event will be
6 phases in total. set aside a chunk of time if you want to participate.
The live event will include aspects of many past live events, a concert, a preview of the Lego mode, a preview of the racing, and a preview of the new map plus some other surprises
Things left not encrypted on accident include something to do with the meteor, the rocketship, and a new jonesy skin

Full versions of the new Lego mode, racing mode, and rhythm mode are in files. The shop has some previews of what is to come.

Lego shop may include virtual Lego sets. It will include parts to customize your mini figure. It is separate from Fortnite main game.
Racing and rhythm may have their own shop too.

The Lego mode will be big. It is a procedurally generated open world minecraft type game.it has weather, seasons, npcs, quests, jobs, pets, crafting, combat. It is going to be a full fledged game by itself it sounds like.

Not a lot about the racing mode out there. May have it's own battlepass. It might connect to rocket league.

Rhythm game mode:

Based.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dracula Appraiser posted:

I'm happy the medals seem less demanding this time. I'm on the purple rank again, and I haven't seen any "and win" in the ends of the ranks like last time. It's nice for the extra quarter of a level if I can work it into a match.

The first time I’ve seen one requiring you win was the last part of the 2nd to last medal.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've gotten a full third of my levels doing Fortnite Only Up this aint right

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Mr Hootington posted:

December 2nd the Fortnite in game live event will happen.

The in game preview text is "Experience a new beginning, featuring an appearance by Eminem. But this isn't a concert... it's The Big Bang!" with this image:

Eminem will be a purchasable skin with 4 variants, 1 glider, 1 pick-axe, 4 back-blings, 2 emotes, and a possible music pack.

The end of chapter event will be
6 phases in total. set aside a chunk of time if you want to participate.
The live event will include aspects of many past live events, a concert, a preview of the Lego mode, a preview of the racing, and a preview of the new map plus some other surprises
Things left not encrypted on accident include something to do with the meteor, the rocketship, and a new jonesy skin

Full versions of the new Lego mode, racing mode, and rhythm mode are in files. The shop has some previews of what is to come.

Lego shop may include virtual Lego sets. It will include parts to customize your mini figure. It is separate from Fortnite main game.
Racing and rhythm may have their own shop too.

The Lego mode will be big. It is a procedurally generated open world minecraft type game.it has weather, seasons, npcs, quests, jobs, pets, crafting, combat. It is going to be a full fledged game by itself it sounds like.

Not a lot about the racing mode out there. May have it's own battlepass. It might connect to rocket league.

Rhythm game mode:

Thanks for posting these updates/leaks fwiw, trying to get updates is agony on basically any platform

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Eminem posted a teaser for his Fortnite collab.
https://twitter.com/Eminem/status/1727061013776982431?t=kuVSWnGQkbKdXMUF4zt7tg&s=19

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Thanks for posting these updates/leaks fwiw, trying to get updates is agony on basically any platform

No, thank you and make sure to use my creator code.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Some of the event Map was found.

https://twitter.com/notkrae/status/1727084160064553115?t=-Y7W2z_kOZmjc0rJowmvcw&s=19

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

No, thank you and make sure to use my creator code.

what is it? You're my source for this stuff too

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Scuba Trooper posted:

what is it? You're my source for this stuff too

TTVGrandma_Hoots

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamRoguezy/status/1727043837384901077

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Week 4 has begun! 9 days left until end of season event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTaHbDLpxXI

Items and changes

Zero point is exposed. The meteor is now in the sky. Timer is now above rocket in game. Time machine is on the rocket.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Can't wait to see you all at the Eminem concert.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Please add spaghetti emote

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
My kid has started playing this and wanted me to try. I’ve played lots of battlefield, PubG, and warzone. Should I just do the regular no build mode or jump straight into ranked no build?

I started playing two days ago and have got a few solo victories already. Are randos in this game that bad? Or is it a feature of tons of elementary age kids playing it? I am in no way great at battle royal games other than the usual of “relaid when you can, use cover”

Also a battle pass question. I checked out the battle pass in the first post. Can you still earn enough v bucks each season to purchase the next without spending more money?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Nash posted:

My kid has started playing this and wanted me to try. I’ve played lots of battlefield, PubG, and warzone. Should I just do the regular no build mode or jump straight into ranked no build?

I started playing two days ago and have got a few solo victories already. Are randos in this game that bad? Or is it a feature of tons of elementary age kids playing it? I am in no way great at battle royal games other than the usual of “relaid when you can, use cover”

Also a battle pass question. I checked out the battle pass in the first post. Can you still earn enough v bucks each season to purchase the next without spending more money?

First couple matches use AI bots as majority of the lobby

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

That explains so much. I eagerly await getting my rear end handed to me by real players.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I exhausted all the weekly quests and I am still at half battlepass, what gives? Usually I can easily get to level 100 even leaving the shittiest quests behind.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nash posted:

That explains so much. I eagerly await getting my rear end handed to me by real players.

but also remember this is a game popular among middle school boys, "sit still and be quiet" is basically a superpower

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah , learning patience and biding your time to take advantage of dumb teens is good

The more fights you win before you fire off a shot is less fights you actually have to fight

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the airstrike is win

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Nash posted:

I'm a no-build person but there's some fun in playing builds and killing people by knocking over their monstrously huge construction and sending them plummeting to their death. If you just want to fool around and get the hang of the game or some of the weapons, the Team Rumble mode has automatic respawn.

The battle passes still include enough vBucks to get the next pass, but (I think) this is the first pass where some of them are in the bonus levels. You probably *can* still grind it out but it's a little late in the season; if you want to buy one pass and never buy anything in the game again then I'd wait for next season to start.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1728458694537478549?t=XTujjmvl1bWfQSa5LnGi1w&s=19

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Tafferling posted:

I exhausted all the weekly quests and I am still at half battlepass, what gives? Usually I can easily get to level 100 even leaving the shittiest quests behind.

Yeah I've played almost every day, maybe missed 4 days this month and I've barely beaten the gamepass. I'm at like level 56. All my quests are maxed.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How many levels does a pass have in this game?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i mean, the battlepass this season isn't that good. so i'm ok with not having most of it done.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nash posted:

How many levels does a pass have in this game?

200, but usually the last 50-75 is "super levels" so 125-150 to get all the actual good stuff.

This season is 70.

I'm one level away from 70.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

If anyone cares, the STW shop refreshed, so go get your hero loadout, epic survivor, and bank slots!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I've played almost every day, maybe missed 4 days this month and I've barely beaten the gamepass. I'm at like level 56. All my quests are maxed.

I’ve not really enjoyed this one, so I’ve hardly played and I’m just missing 2 of the super skins from the bonus pages. Will easily knock them out in the next week. Found this battle pass very easy for some reason

Literally CANNOT get a VR, though :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

December crew pack

Feels filler like.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
The people demand anime.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

The people demand anime.

One piece collab :pray:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you can use the ball's reticle to "paint" the tips of some trees and some of the geometry with their own reticle.
also bring back the balls and planes please? there's no gas in the game and by the time i find ANYONE else flying i'm on empty. i just wanna climb out onto my wing, do some repairs, add some fuel, and get back out there.
also up the armor? you're a big target when you can be seen and attacked on an infinite distance

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My favourite thing with the planes is getting North By Northwested by someone, while I’m loving plinking up and hammering them, causing them to poo poo the bed and land the plane, making them easy shotgun pickings

Got my first Victory Royale today, FINALLY. It was crowned as well, as I mercked someone and knicked their crown, LOL

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i think the planes are in a great spot balance wise. the gun isn't a huge threat to a good player on the ground, you're vulnerable to fire from the ground, you can't fly for too long, but it's really excellent transportation for the whole party that will secure a strong position easily. that's all they needed to be

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Looks like next season/chapter is about visiting other realities or at least how realities are connected.

The bands of light are supposed to be how realities connect and supposedly during the event your character rides them to get to the new modes/different realities.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

big missed opportunity if there's not some kind of Dr Who tie in

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

shame on an IGA posted:

There is. It's supposedly a mini-Battle Pass sometime in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

There is/was supposed to be something