Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Well I was on the fence but now seeing Elon hanging out with some Jewish folks he must be an alright guy and definitely not a racist anti-semite

ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How could I be an anti-semite!? I am close friend with you people's king!!!!!!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

kazil posted:

and here it is, the "if I'm antisemitic, why would I meet with Netanyahu?"

The hilarious thing is that the reason this will work is the same reason we'll never get off the planet as a species. It's for the best.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
It's the same poo poo every european far-right politician does. Fly to Israel, kippah at the western wall, mumble some words in hebrew, fly back, rail against immigrants. Presto.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it won’t work because these companies don’t care whether musk is an anti semite or not. They want him to shut up about it. Which he can’t

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It'll work on the people Elon needs it to work on: his alt-right buddies on Twitter. Corporations probably -rightly - couldn't give a gently caress.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It'd be very funny if one company unpauses their advertising and then pauses it immediately because he forgot to not be an antisemite

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Kale posted:

He still kind of looks like poo poo though and like he forgot to shave that morning. It's sort of funny how little he seems to give a poo poo about appearing presentable and even quasi-professional and like a somewhat serious person in public like most CEO's would. Like oh gee I represent 3-4 different companies with shareholders, better you know...actually shave and put on a tie or something and go to places in public that are appropriate settings for a man of my position instead of ones that should probably be getting visited by a Secretary of State, Ambassador, President, General, or some sort of recognized diplomat or military brass in the public sector.

and yet, TSLA the meme stonk is up over the past 30 days.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

I was told this was a Bibby meeting?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mr Scumbag posted:

The hilarious thing is that the reason this will work is the same reason we'll never get off the planet as a species. It's for the best.

Both of those reasons are Elon Musk, tho…?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

MunchE posted:

Our whole society depends on him winning.

Looking forward to him breaking the whole nation of Sweden on his knee though

Kale
May 14, 2010

kazil posted:

and here it is, the "if I'm antisemitic, why would I meet with Netanyahu?"

What is it with these people and the 24/7 gaslighting thing anyway? Anyway I guess some people figure it's like how if you meet with Jesse Jackson after doing a racism then you can't possibly be racist. Netanyahu is apparently this for Jewish people despite not being a respected civil rights figure or anything of the sort.

MunchE posted:

It's pretty much always going up for whatever reason. The fact that he suffers absolutely zero financial consequences for his behavior basically ever is no doubt a huge enabling factor of it.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 27, 2023

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Well Bibi is one of the good ones, he’s not like the rest of … them - elmo, probably

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

well, i'm convinced

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It'll work on the people Elon needs it to work on: his alt-right buddies on Twitter. Corporations probably -rightly - couldn't give a gently caress.

yeah, i think elon burned away alot of his credibility with big corpo and corpos also see they can just cut losses and sit advetise on instagram or tictok or youtube or whatever way easier then this. like sure he might "fix" it this time, but its clear he will keep doing it over and over.

Kale posted:

What is it with these people and the 24/7 gaslighting thing anyway?

It's pretty much always going up for whatever reason. The fact that he suffers absolutely zero financial consequences for his behavior basically ever is no doubt a huge enabling factor of it.

because they think they are the only real people in the world and everyone else is a dumbass or an NPC or the perfidious enemey.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Me, thinking about the Roman Empire:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
showing Elon the atrocities

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

smarxist posted:

showing Elon the atrocities

it never stood a chance

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Elon loves Israel, and so does the alt-right. The government is firmly right wing, but most importantly, they are all of those nasty people they don’t want as immigrants, and they’re somewhere else that doesn’t bother their countries.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gschmidl posted:

Doing a quick Google, it seems like the main source for the gender identity is Cassius Dio who was writing specifically to insult Elagabalus's legacy, since calling a dude a woman (or even just that he bottoms) was a pretty grave insult to Roman ideals of masculinity.

They seem to be trying to manufacture a trans icon by taking a hit piece at face value, which... Eeeehhhh that seems kinda not great.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Since i am a swede and i was curious, IF Metal raised the reimbursement for the workers joining the strike to 130% of the pay they would receive from Tesla two weeks ago.

That and they say they've got enough money for this to last "500 years"

https://www.arbetaren.se/2023/11/13/if-metall-strejkkassan-racker-i-500-ar/

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Elon loves Israel, and so does the alt-right. The government is firmly right wing, but most importantly, they are all of those nasty people they don’t want as immigrants, and they’re somewhere else that doesn’t bother their countries.

Antisemitism and Israeli nationalism: united over the shared goal of wanting diaspora Jews to leave.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Gejnor posted:

Since i am a swede and i was curious, IF Metal raised the reimbursement for the workers joining the strike to 130% of the pay they would receive from Tesla two weeks ago.

That and they say they've got enough money for this to last "500 years"

https://www.arbetaren.se/2023/11/13/if-metall-strejkkassan-racker-i-500-ar/

they're pure evil.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I wanna
I wanna
I wanna
I really really really wanna

Anders posted:

zuga seg själv

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Doing a quick Google, it seems like the main source for the gender identity is Cassius Dio who was writing specifically to insult Elagabalus's legacy, since calling a dude a woman (or even just that he bottoms) was a pretty grave insult to Roman ideals of masculinity.

They seem to be trying to manufacture a trans icon by taking a hit piece at face value, which... Eeeehhhh that seems kinda not great.

u did a quick google and have come to the conclusion that u have a more complete idea of the situation than museum curators,

perfect fit for this thread

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

freemandela posted:

there's the transphobia

jesus christ i hate him

It’s so dumb too cuz anyone who has seen the actual video of that woman who became a meme knows she wasn’t even mad or arguing with anyone! She just has an expressive face/was speaking passionately and obviously you can make anyone look like a clown if you capture a still from when they’re talking. That’s what all those tabloid magazines do to make the celebrities on the cover look extra foolish (plus tons of photoshop and probably AI now as well).

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Peanut Butler posted:

u did a quick google and have come to the conclusion that u have a more complete idea of the situation than museum curators,

I mean, if they have more sourcing than a guy who worked for the emperor who came after saying "Yeah, Elagabalus, who I might add fuckin' sucked on everybody it is possible for s person to suck, just an utterly trash person, totally said 'call me not Lord, for I am a Lady' trust me" they should probably mention it, but everything I'm finding seems to hinge on that one Cassius Dio quote.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Peanut Butler posted:

museums are desperate for visitors, so I wouldn't put it past them to opt for clickbait. that being said, I'm unfamiliar with any of the people involved.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Museums have gone woke. Have you seen the poo poo they say about Rome? Like how it fell? That’s some real BS, Rome is perfection and exclusively full of many white men who debated in the pantheon all day and had 6 pack abs, how dare you insinuate it ever “crumbled”

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Quality car manufacturing at its finest. Sweden is going to be so sad they missed out, the strike will end immediately once this photo is published

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

It looks like your head would get crushed in any rollover incident.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Museums have gone woke. Have you seen the poo poo they say about Rome? Like how it fell? That’s some real BS, Rome is perfection and exclusively full of many white men who debated in the pantheon all day and had 6 pack abs, how dare you insinuate it ever “crumbled”

According to Twitter, Rome fell for the same reason that stabbing happened in Ireland, too many immigrants! Good times create weak men blah blah blah

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DeeplyConcerned posted:

It looks like your head would get crushed in any rollover incident.

Not to worry, the Cybertruck is constructed from a slab of steel so mighty that God himself could not roll it over

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Quality car manufacturing at its finest. Sweden is going to be so sad they missed out, the strike will end immediately once this photo is published

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tag yourself, I’m the oily handprints on the sides of the panels

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

Tag yourself, I’m the oily handprints on the sides of the panels

I'm the permanently dirty quarter of the windscreen that the wiper can't reach.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

someone waste 2 hours of your life doing a test drive so we can all laugh. please don't die.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Panfilo posted:

According to Twitter, Rome fell for the same reason that stabbing happened in Ireland, too many immigrants! Good times create weak men blah blah blah

I remember my high school text books teaching that Rome fell because the Emperor started giving bread to the populace to win their support and everyone lost the motivation to work.

Conservatives blaming democrats for the fall of roam is a tale as old as time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gschmidl posted:

I love that this guy just absolutely loving gets it, not that it's that hard to see coming if you have any awareness for pattern recognition and how massively loving triggered arch-conservative people are by the sheer existence of LGBT people. There's a lot of weird poo poo tech bros like Mark Zuckerberg too who try to style themselves off of whatever glorified image of Roman emperors they have in their head. At least I guess he picked one of the ones generally agreed by historians to have been one of the better ones in Augustus rather than one of the many batshit crazy ones that got murdered by their own confidantes after they finally got tired of dealing with all their poo poo. Nobody really gives a flying gently caress about Elagabulus though, or at least they didn't before this story came out where I now expect myriad opinions on little known 4 year emperor Elagabulus somehow.

Also it just occurred to me while browsing and looking at busts of the average Roman Emperor and how they are depicted, that maybe it's possible that the reason why Elon looks like such a tremendous loving dork in his photo ops is that he's trying to model an expression based on the bust of his favorite Roman Emperors thinking it makes him look cool and leader like rather than absolutely loving ridiculous.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
If you just forget about all the bad poo poo the Roman Empire did they were actually really cool and good