Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

2 extremely punchable people hung out together this morning.

Talking about extremely punchable faces. A few pages back there was a feeling of surprise about Piers Morgan letting Norm Finkelstein speak... well, given the intro, this seems to be the follow-up interview:

https://youtu.be/X9vpjdNI97o?si=gmFBhfO_YtwK0sTZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I think wearing a bulletproof vest designed to accommodate for your beer gut looks just as bad as wearing a dumb looking helmet

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Death to motherfucking Israel.

Propaganda:
https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1729044945347264611

What actually happened:
https://twitter.com/OopsGuess/status/1729061065944871129

Denying a severe burn victim healthcare. I hate that nation with every fiber of my being.

Complete annihilation to Israel. Nothing else would be a just, or even a realistic solution.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
suicide bomber: usually the kind of crime you end up in jail for

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If I were Israel and I was worried about Suicide Car Bombs I wouldnt allow Elon Musk into the country.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

do they ever put community notes on israel's lies?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Hatebag posted:

do they ever put community notes on israel's lies?

It happened a bunch of times yeah

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

If I were Israel and I was worried about Suicide Car Bombs I wouldnt allow Elon Musk into the country.

beep beep elonhu akbar
*drives into a dump truck*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yes the IDF and gendarmerie would totally arrest a suspected suicide bomber and not just summarily execute her.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

It's official, the ceasefire has been extended by two days, under the same conditions hamas imposed in the first ceasefire, Palestine is winning:-

Hamas: Agreement with the brothers in #قطر and Egypt to extend the temporary humanitarian truce for two days under the same conditions as the previous truce.

Qatari Foreign Ministry: We announce that an agreement has been reached to extend the humanitarian truce for an additional two days in Gaza

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1729172453677465763?s=20

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

I don't know why anyone under the age of 50 is willing to tie themselves to the mast on this one, the politicians are doing it because old voters will support Israel to the grave but literally everyone else will eat poo poo for this association the generational divide on this issue is very real

Very patriotic of you or whatever Gal Gadot hope you're satisfied doing hallmark movies about Christian moms the rest of your career

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Also the oil ship wasnt the houthis it was the somali pirates apparently according to the US:-

The Pentagon: The initial assessment is that the gunmen who attacked the Central Park ship were Somalis and the incident is linked to piracy.

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1729181008740700214?s=20

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Elon looks like a big toddler stuffed into a tiny coat

the vest looks p bad on him too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

some choice excerpts from Amal Saad's "Hizbullah Politics & Religion"

[I really want to highlight that part about Hizbullah's views on Assad's Syria as a great example of how pragmatic and well-considered their position is]

[and then this is immediately followed-up with their views on the Soviet-era Mujahideen in Afghanistan as a counter-example of a resistance movement that they do not agree with, due to their collaboration with the Great Satan]

___

this next bit is from a section titled "Justifications for Political Violence and Accommodation in Relation to State Oppression"

[I wanted to highlight this part because it cuts to the heart of an argument that dates back to the earliest days of the CSPAM Middle East thread and to Syrian Civil War discourse in general, that of the question of "Assad must go." Put succinctly, Assad should not go, because it would leave a void that would kill hundreds of thousands of Syrians from the collapse of civil society and the takeover of radical Islamists (as funded by the West). Hizbullah seemingly understands this very clearly!]

[they even go as far as to extend a similar argument towards Egypt (though I do not know if attitudes have changed since Mubarak's fall)]

[there's a hint of burger-posting here as we get into the ways in which Hizbullah's ideology rationalizes continued participation in the parliamentary process, but it's also anti-burger-posting in the sense that they have a presumably well-defined criteria for deciding when a particular political system is no longer worth participating in, and they even offer up the PA (under Arafat, even, not yet Abbas) as a prime example]

Fascinating stuff as usual Gradenko. It's interesting to see how much the horrific Lebanese Civil War, prob the most brutal example of post WWII urban fighting create an existential fear of civil wars. They would know.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I don't know why anyone under the age of 50 is willing to tie themselves to the mast on this one, the politicians are doing it because old voters will support Israel to the grave but literally everyone else will eat poo poo for this association the generational divide on this issue is very real

"What the gently caress? Dad, Gaza is basically a concentration camp."
"No it's not."
End of conversation, that's it, that's all there is to it, conversation terminated.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bad PR for Israel is always psychological warfare from Hamas and never a result of Israel murdering indiscriminately and committing atrocity after atrocity!

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1729179567850696855

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Nov 27, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

There was some table that got posted in the UKR-RUS war thread about how the US would take years (in most cases 5+ years) to replenish what they had sold to Ukraine. I don’t doubt we have plenty of lovely bombs to give Israel but given that we already sold an uncomfortable amount of missile interceptors to Ukraine I doubt we have many that we’re willing to part with for Israel.

Comedy option is sold to doesn't mean delivered and I think a bunchnof stuff for Ukraine has already been diverted to Israel

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The giant stumbling block with anyone over 50 is in order to have any kind of conversation you have to convince them Israel and the US lie. For a lot of people that simply is impossible.

I've given up on my parents. They are not in positions of power and I won't cut them off after everything they have done for me, despite their horrid opinions on world politics. If that makes me a coward or horrible person than so be it

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

gradenko_2000 posted:

some choice excerpts from Amal Saad's "Hizbullah Politics & Religion"

(...)
hey you should know that these posts are very good and appreciated

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Live footage of why IDF troopers dont go into the tunnels:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_RKSkP1xfg

I forgot how good that show was. Time for some rewatching on Prime Video. I need to find the episode with the Bogeyman where the Ghostbusters have to hunt him inside the containment unit

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Bad PR for Israel is always psychological warfare from Hamas and never a result of Israel murdering indiscriminately and committing atrocity after atrocity!

losing the media and information war to Hamas wow sounds like they're too incompetent to continue existing they should surrender and dissolve their apartheid regime into a single state of palestine.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

I forgot how good that show was. Time for some rewatching on Prime Video. I need to find the episode with the Bogeyman where the Ghostbusters have to hunt him inside the containment unit

That show's first two seasons are legitimately amazing and very adult friendly, it legitimately feels like an unofficial sequel to the movies and you can tell that the writers are very well read on horror, Cthulu, myths, comedy, etc. I read an interview with the writers of the first two season and they said that they approached it as if they were making a sequel to the films and not a childrens cartoon.

it was season three when the marketing ghouls stepped in and destroyed the show.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Nov 27, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

losing the media and information war to Hamas wow sounds like they're too incompetent to continue existing they should surrender and dissolve their apartheid regime into a single state of palestine.

Not good enough.

- Every single adult-aged Israeli who has participated in perpetuating the apartheid regime should be tried and sent to prison for life.
- Every single politician who has accepted money from AIPAC should also be sent to prison for life.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FlapYoJacks posted:

people are simply misinformed. keeping child hostages while you do mass murder after mass murder to hospitals is just what the good guys do

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al! posted:

people are simply misinformed. keeping child hostages while you do mass murder after mass murder to hospitals is just what the good guys do

The IDF commander who was on Twitter Spaces yesterday called them "child terrorists." Yes, I am direct quoting him.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

is Israel going to try and unplug the internet now or what

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"What the gently caress? Dad, Gaza is basically a concentration camp."
"No it's not."
End of conversation, that's it, that's all there is to it, conversation terminated.

dad fash, so what

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

well I'm asking because shouldn't a hundred guys be generally expected to fight "many tens" of enemy soldiers?

not if they haven't had their recreation and refreshments :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Computer Serf posted:

is Israel going to try and unplug the internet now, or what

They have tried multiple times. Including murdering journalists and their families.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The giant stumbling block with anyone over 50 is in order to have any kind of conversation you have to convince them Israel and the US lie. For a lot of people that simply is impossible.

My dad is still shocked about the WMD lie from the Iraq war run-up ("I didn't think they would lie about something that important!"), but he still seems to think it's a one-off incident and not the day-in day-out SOP of the government and their attached consent-manufacturing apparatus.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Comrade Koba posted:

dad fash, so what

&/or genuinely an ignoramus I dunno. They're hosed up people tho. I'm leaning towards "both but would never admit it" at this point

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

The truth can travel halfway around the world while Hasbara is putting on its shoes

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Chillgamesh posted:

There was some table that got posted in the UKR-RUS war thread about how the US would take years (in most cases 5+ years) to replenish what they had sold to Ukraine. I don’t doubt we have plenty of lovely bombs to give Israel but given that we already sold an uncomfortable amount of missile interceptors to Ukraine I doubt we have many that we’re willing to part with for Israel.

I don't think Ukraine and Israel use the same interceptor missiles to be fair but tamirs are produced in a facility staffed by thirty people so good luck catching up with all that rocket fire

It's a show of how bad unsustainable boondoggle products are for modern militaries when faced with an actual conflict.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Yeah, same. But to be honest, the vests are extraneous anyway. They wouldn't have sent a crowd of VIPs into an area with even the slightest threat of danger.

I thought of something funny Hamas could do

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
handcrafted artisanal rose-scented hellfire missiles individually wrapped for israeli pleasure

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
i somehow doubt israel will see much ukraine-tagged equipment, considering that the us keeps sending the latter rusty gavins/old model m1s etc, and that stuff is way below israeli standards. maybe rockets though?

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Ok- this absolutely killed me. Hit me right in the feelers and tugged at the heart strings.
They finally understand what a the life of a Palestinian is like..and what they endure.

GUYS! ISRAEL IS loving DONEZO! KHALAS! FINITO!
No coming back from this. No loving way.

https://x.com/aor3138/status/1729179198860722286?s=46

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

wynott dunn posted:

handcrafted artisanal rose-scented hellfire missiles individually wrapped for israeli pleasure

each one 100 times the federal poverty level

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Have all the Gaza mobs respawned yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

the suspected shooter was arrested today and appears to be a mentally ill libertarian