Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/final_shape_release_update

-the official release date of TFS is now June 4, 2024
-Season of the Wish will be extended to that date
-There will be extra content drops during the extra season time:
-new weekly quests start in February
-Guardian Games in March
-A TFS prologue questline starts in April

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s never been more over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJDyAIOk2c

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/final_shape_release_update

-the official release date of TFS is now June 4, 2024
-Season of the Wish will be extended to that date
-There will be extra content drops during the extra season time:
-new weekly quests start in February, when the season was originally going to end
-Moments of Triumph pushed into that timeframe too
-Guardian Games in March
-A TFS prologue questline starts in April

quote:

In February, this will include new weekly progression-based quests called Wishes, and the launch of Moments of Triumph with unique rewards.

A Wish to play six dozen nightfalls

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The wishes will be just like those veil quests that got added to dump lore after lightfall. Go here, listen to some dialogue, have fun next week with the next snippet of dialogue.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

seven months

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A wish to not have individual objectives in a group mode with randomly matchmade players.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The driving bass line of a classic song from Old Earth drove their prey before them. No less than a half-dozen wyverns snarled and clawed at the trio as they stabbed and blasted their way through the wilds of Mars.

Praedyth wished hard. Wished it would never end.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

seven months

a wish to catch my alts up?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lib and let die posted:

season of the wish wishlist, wrong answers only

i hope they keep the wildly popular mechanic of having blueberries choose the ritual difficulty for the ritual content during the content with no coordination because no one joins fireteam chat

A good solar primary that isn't mini tool or sunshot, or a reason to run a kinetic primary

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sending Joe out there to put his face on that announcement is so hosed up.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

remember when they laid a bunch of people off lmfao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That video just stealth dropped the dungeon’s name: Warlord’s Ruin

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

remember when they laid a bunch of people off lmfao

I member

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Blasted through 75 season levels this weekend to get all the goodies, after not playing since week 1 earlier this year.

The story takes on some amusing elements when mainlining nearly every week of content all in a single afternoon.

Every character does this nonstop handwringing about whether Eris is gonna lose herself or whatever. I'm talking like at least 20+ separate conversations about this topic, many from Ikora radio messages. It got tiresome, but then in the last like 5 looped around to being funny. Is this all people talk about in the world of Destiny?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Destiny? I wish it was better

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sure okay posted:

Blasted through 75 season levels this weekend to get all the goodies, after not playing since week 1 earlier this year.

The story takes on some amusing elements when mainlining nearly every week of content all in a single afternoon.

Every character does this nonstop handwringing about whether Eris is gonna lose herself or whatever. I'm talking like at least 20+ separate conversations about this topic, many from Ikora radio messages. It got tiresome, but then in the last like 5 looped around to being funny. Is this all people talk about in the world of Destiny?

I like how it ends with Eris annoyed and pointing out she's been right every time and dealing with all this bullshit forever so maybe just shut up and let her be a space goddess and unfuck things for everyone. Meanwhile the player character is basically just down to be her darkblade high priest and turbomurder in her name.

Like compare everyone else here - Osiris: Owned in countless different simulations. Rasputin: Blew up a broken ship but otherwise got owned in seconds in the collapse then regularly owned for the ten years he spent online again. The Vanguard: Routinely owned losing three man fireteams with more people than we raid with. Zavala: Mid-secondlife Crisis. Ikora: I'm not really sure what Ikora spends most of her time doing to be honest but she's probably pretty good to go when she isn't bugging Eris. Eris and Mara are like the only still capable ones lmao.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Destiny? I wish it was better

Who said you could come back here?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
New season tomorrow already? I wish I had a slightly longer season so I could take my time with all this content

:negative:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Wazzit posted:

New season tomorrow already? I wish I had a slightly longer season so I could take my time with all this content

:negative:

check your mail

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Ikora: I'm not really sure what Ikora spends most of her time doing to be honest but she's probably pretty good to go when she isn't bugging Eris.

it’s not sexy but the answer is almost always “critical research”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That and managing the vanguard spy network

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh yeah I forgot about them. I'll put her down in the "currently good at job" category then lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

As far as I can tell from the lore, 90% of Ikora's job is going round during events smiling at people and telling them it's okay to be a Silly Little Guy sometimes, and the other 10% is being a terrifying biotic god in the crucible.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Trailer tomorrow

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1729216176297824389?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah except the witness literally fuckin took it last expansion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The key is the Soul Stone and we're gonna have to kill someone

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah except the witness literally fuckin took it last expansion.

Maybe there's a trap for him or something and he's stuck.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Panderfringe posted:

There's a jumping puzzle he keeps loving up

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

RBA Starblade posted:

There's a jumping puzzle he keeps loving up

They have to fight atheon but none of the heads can agree on a numbering system for the oracles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He couldn't use the 15th wish himself because all the heads have different names for the symbols

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

But because The Witness is many people.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What possible lore reason could there be for Savathun having a connection with the Wish Wall? Wasn't the wish wall a thing mara and the Tech Witches (some of you non-players may call them 'Techeuns') came up with to speak with Riven?

This is some Sith Dagger death star ruins landscape trash writing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What possible lore reason could there be for Savathun having a connection with the Wish Wall? Wasn't the wish wall a thing mara and the Tech Witches (some of you non-players may call them 'Techeuns') came up with to speak with Riven?

She also reads r/raidsecrets

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dul Incaru snuck in and installed it when no one was looking

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Savathun is the one who “took” Riven, no? It would make sense if Riven told her how it works I guess.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Savathun is the one who “took” Riven, no? It would make sense if Riven told her how it works I guess.

I think Oryx took Riven, (but he basically wished for it, so Riven was able to twist it to a degree and maintain her free will?) but Savathun made a deal with her or something after Oryx died.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I can't believe some dots on one of her wings was the best way they could come up with to introduce this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Who do you think cursed the Dreaming City, man?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sunday at work posted:

I can't believe some dots on one of her wings was the best way they could come up with to introduce this.

I like it but they should have had them there the whole time, which they didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I suppose there's a common misconception that the wall of wishes is just a random ol' thing that popped up one day in the Dreaming City.

The more you know about its backstory, the less sense it makes that Savathun had a hand in its design.

Of course, the entire premise of a Fifteenth Wish is more first-party fanfic a la Nezarec so there's no sense being bothered by it