Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Making some stickers. Looking for feedback/suggestions on wording. They're going to be 4x4" eggshell stickers because people keep peeling the other ones I made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Joementum posted:

mentally ill libertarian

but you repeat yourself

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm no expert but looking at a Google Image Search of plate carriers suggests that not all plate carriers are designed to cover your entire torso - sometimes it's just the chest, and then the stomach area is either left blank or ends up being more bags and pockets

like I have no doubt they couldn't find a good fit for Musk but it kinda looks like some of it was supposed to look like that if you're only wearing the plate carrier sans the rest of a uniform

if I were the richest man on the planet I'd have my own custom fitted body armor lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the watermelon thing is a bit esoteric esp on stickers that already accuse israel. i'd use the actual flag itself

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I dont understamd the watermelon, am i out of the loop

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

CLAM DOWN posted:

but you repeat yourself

beaten

Al! posted:

the watermelon thing is a bit esoteric esp on stickers that already accuse israel. i'd use the actual flag itself

Alright noted, thank you.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

OctaMurk posted:

Israelis for a time banned and harshly punished display of the flag so palestinians used sliced watermelons to show the colors in a clever way.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

carcinofuck posted:

Making some stickers. Looking for feedback/suggestions on wording. They're going to be 4x4" eggshell stickers because people keep peeling the other ones I made.

Let's see Paul Allen's stickers

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

The truth can travel halfway around the world while Hasbara is putting on its shoes

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

OctaMurk posted:

Palestinians are like watermelons- thickly armored on the outside, soft and red on the inside

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

carcinofuck posted:

I'd take the "poison wells" off just because that's a huge antisemitic trope going back to the black plague.

That'll absolutely undercut your message and get this dismissed as hate speech.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

gradenko_2000 posted:

some choice excerpts from Amal Saad's "Hizbullah Politics & Religion"

thanks for this, always enjoy your book excerpt posts

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lol thats pretty crazy. Hamas really nailed the propaganda and media war.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

European anti Semitic tropes about poisoning wells metaphorically poisoned the well on pointing out the literal poisoning of wells during the nakba.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

moths posted:

I'd take the "poison wells" off just because that's a huge antisemitic trope going back to the black plague.

But Israel literally did that? If anyone says that's anti-semitic, they're either disingenuous and would do it anyway or they're going to be easily convinced otherwise when presented with the proof.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

lol thats pretty crazy. Hamas really nailed the propaganda and media war.

they are crushing it. imagine if one of the hostages show up to an anti war rally

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

CheetoVonTito posted:

Ok- this absolutely killed me. Hit me right in the feelers and tugged at the heart strings.
They finally understand what a the life of a Palestinian is like..and what they endure.

GUYS! ISRAEL IS loving DONEZO! KHALAS! FINITO!
No coming back from this. No loving way.

https://x.com/aor3138/status/1729179198860722286?s=46

imagine writing this and going back home only to face death threats from your own side.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Joementum posted:

the suspected shooter was arrested today and appears to be a mentally ill libertarian

Brevity is the soul of wit

E:

CLAM DOWN posted:

but you repeat yourself
poo poo

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

But Israel literally did that? If anyone says that's anti-semitic, they're either disingenuous and would do it anyway or they're going to be easily convinced otherwise when presented with the proof.

Doesn't matter; This is a sticker and not a persuasive essay. People will assume it's referencing the more popular myth of Jews poisoning medieval wells and discount everything else as rooted in the same false antisemitism.

E:

Owlbear Camus posted:

European anti Semitic tropes about poisoning wells metaphorically poisoned the well on pointing out the literal poisoning of wells during the nakba.

moths has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Nov 27, 2023

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Owlbear Camus posted:

:frogon:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

moths posted:

Doesn't matter; This is a sticker and not a persuasive essay. People will assume it's referencing the more popular myth of Jews poisoning medieval wells and discount everything else as rooted in the same false antisemitism.

Then we can't point out any of the atrocities that Israel did because to do so is antisemitic as many of those had their roots in antisemitism already.

What now?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

Then we can't point out any of the atrocities that Israel did because to do so is antisemitic as many of those had their roots in antisemitism already.

What now?

nah

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

CheetoVonTito posted:

Ok- this absolutely killed me. Hit me right in the feelers and tugged at the heart strings.
They finally understand what a the life of a Palestinian is like..and what they endure.

GUYS! ISRAEL IS loving DONEZO! KHALAS! FINITO!
No coming back from this. No loving way.

https://x.com/aor3138/status/1729179198860722286?s=46

Is this legit? Did she have pen and paper in there?

The English translation in the tweet isn't great but regardless, the Hebrew here is solid. It's in cursive Hebrew which non Israelis are a lot less familiar with, the grammar is good, the phrasing is familiar, this was either written by an Israeli or someone whose pretty drat familiar with Hebrew.

Also, what's this above "Daniel and Emillia"? Their names in Arabic?

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Nov 27, 2023

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

NeonPunk posted:

What now?

no because not all of their atrocities are also common anti semitic tropes.

like israel is greedy and capitalist but im going to guess you can grasp that those are not productive avenues to attack them from

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

moths posted:

perhaps 'destroy wells', which they were doing just days before al aqsa flood

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Another heads up, just seen that Hirbawi have pre-orders open now for their traditional black and white kufiya and some other popular designs like the Palestine flag colours one atm ( https://www.kufiya.org/product-category/shop/ ) so if anyone wanted to get hold of a genuine Palestinian made traditional black and white one now is a good time as they always go quick. They should be releasing these new orders mid-January.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Sancho Banana posted:

The English translation in the tweet isn't great but regardless, the Hebrew here is solid. It's in cursive Hebrew which non Israelis are a lot less familiar with, the grammar is good, the phrasing is familiar, this was either written by an Israeli or someone whose pretty drat good at Hebrew,

That says 'shukran kaseera' = thank you very much.

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Nov 27, 2023

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Popoto posted:

imagine writing this and going back home only to face death threats from your own side.

They should remake First Blood in this fashion

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

WoodrowSkillson posted:

no because not all of their atrocities are also common anti semitic tropes.

like israel is greedy and capitalist but im going to guess you can grasp that those are not productive avenues to attack them from

With that thinking, we can't say Israel is kidnapping and jailing literal toddlers because that's too close to being literally blood libel, an old anti semitic tropes even as we saw that tweet a page ago.

Nah, point out their atrocities where we can imho

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

carcinofuck posted:

- too much text without enough focus

pic like one to three words to make the focus for each design and embellish around it with supporting info

don't put more overall text than what would be in say, one closed caption frame on a tv show, remember its supposed to be readable by people driving and 30+ ft back

don't ever say "look it up", it makes you sound like a psycho/dumbass no matter what you're talking about. it doesn't even make clear what you're saying to look up or how the person would know they found it unless they already know the context

people generally dont want to put stickers on their cars that say "nazis", "genocide" etc in big text, think stuff that is difficult to be misinterpreted by a subliterate angry uneducated PTA types when picking kids up from school, parking at work, leavinga car at the airport etc or anti-palestine people who'll intentionally misinterpret anything they can as hate speech

try to state that stuff from the opposite direction i. e. "palestinians deserve better than living under apartheid" and not "israel is a nazi apartheid state"

also remember just about every historical Israeli atrocity has been flipped around and used against Palestine, listing atrocities without documentation just makes it easier for the waters to get muddied and there's not enough space to document crimes against humanity on a bumper sticker so don't go that route, keep the designs as concise & clear as possible

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

moths posted:

The thing is that it's not an unfounded accusation, we have proof it happened https://www.newarab.com/news/israel-forces-poisoned-palestine-wells-during-1948-nakba

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Sancho Banana posted:

The English translation in the tweet isn't great but regardless, the Hebrew here is solid. It's in cursive Hebrew which non Israelis are a lot less familiar with, the grammar is good, the phrasing is familiar, this was either written by an Israeli or someone whose pretty drat familiar with Hebrew.

nice dude thanks, a big part of me was telling me this was faked but it looks like it was written for real.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

Thank you for confirming this, the wording of the letter gave me pause and I was really unsure if this could be real or not. Glad to see that it is most likely genuine.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah "destroy wells" is fine.

NeonPunk posted:

With that thinking, we can't say Israel is kidnapping and jailing literal toddlers because that's too close to being literally blood libel, an old anti semitic tropes even as we saw that tweet a page ago.

No because you're not saying that they're drinking children's blood.

The problem is that Israel wants to become synonymous with Judaism and Israel's critics must be extra mindful not to play along with that appropriation.

You can't call Bibi a "backstabbing rat," for example, because the criticism will be read as antisemitism instead of as an honest evaluation of his genuinely untrustworthy character.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

carcinofuck posted:

cool sticks, they'd look rad on my macbook

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I said come in! posted:

The thing is that it's not an unfounded accusation, we have proof it happened https://www.newarab.com/news/israel-forces-poisoned-palestine-wells-during-1948-nakba

we know, but if the goal is to get across a message clearly and concisely you need to pick your words carefully.

NeonPunk posted:

Nah, point out their atrocities where we can imho

Mass murder via bombing, mass murder of noncombatants with white phosphorus, collective punishment via restricted mobility and restricted caloric intake, mass incarceration without trial, apartheid laws and government, settler violence and stealing of homes, etc etc.

There are plenty of things that israel does that are worse than the poisoning of wells and the abduction of children, as horrific as those are. if people are not influenced by israel murdering 5000 children with bombs, they won't be swayed by little reported yet vicious acts like the well destruction

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Your right. I forgot that we're supposed to "think about the optics" just let sweep some of the minor atrocities under the rug just in case someone say we're antisemitic. As everyone knows that's an automatic loss for us if someone use that.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

stickers are literally 100% optics, thats kinda the idea isnt it

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

THE TRUTH IS TRAUMATIC AND UGLY. WHY SHOULD STICKERS ABOUT IT BE ANY DIFFERENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I said come in! posted:

yep. but normies wont know this. operate outside the overton window at your own peril.