Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
really more of a Goebbels situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Empty Sandwich posted:

Very good.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

"How big is the fan base?"

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Can’t wait to enjoy some FARM2PLATE ScottPilgramEATS Big Cow Lasagna.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Ah, a vegetarian restaurant

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

LordArgh posted:

Ah, a vegetarian restaurant

Are bullets vegetarian?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Empty Sandwich posted:

"He just Goebbels it up!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I should have scrolled down more in the replies I missed this and wow, he truly understands business.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1728949123087479198

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hey Nathen if you hire me I'll do this magical thing called googling for you

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Nathan, in a conference room with his father on why he should get more money, stands before a whiteboard. He writes ______EATS and keeps looking back at his dad who gets angrier and angrier as he writes out names of LICENSABLE PROPERTIES.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Luxrage posted:

Nathan, in a conference room with his father on why he should get more money, stands before a whiteboard. He writes ______EATS and keeps looking back at his dad who gets angrier and angrier as he writes out names of LICENSABLE PROPERTIES.

His father averts his eyes and lets out a deep sigh.

"Oh geez..."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
CaptainJackSparrowEATS

SarumanEATS

OptimusPrimeEATS

OppenheimerEATS

Mozi fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 27, 2023

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
uhhhhh loving uh WilliamButlerYEATS

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Nathen Mazri's EATSbyDre

That might be too clever, maybe he would go with....DrDreEATS

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Quarex posted:

Nathen Mazri's EATSbyDre

That might be too clever, maybe he would go with....DrDreEATS

I like the idea of Nathen setting himself up for puns and then totally whiffing. BeetleBaileyEATS. SesameStreetEATS.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mr T.EATS

Hmm, no, :siren: brand risk alert

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

Mr T.EATS

Hmm, no, :siren: brand risk alert

It would only sell ball based foods.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

RudeDogEATS
EdGrimleyEATS
SimonWhistlerEATS
ElonMuskEATS
RossGellerEATS

He’s bought domains for hundreds of possible EATS brands, most of which nobody would remember unless prompted, none of which will actually host anything

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ill say if theres any comeback with a new EATS brand ill lose my mind. scottpilgrimEATS is so out of control, anything is possible. nathen mazri is the ideas man of the century.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ThewireEATS

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flubber nuts posted:

ill say if theres any comeback with a new EATS brand ill lose my mind. scottpilgrimEATS is so out of control, anything is possible. nathen mazri is the ideas man of the century.

If he posts about it for every a few days I'll be hooting and hollering. Hopefully he watches Clerks next and comes up with a bunch of ideas Kevin Smith already does.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
ShiiiiiiitEATS

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
WaitingForGodotEATS

The food never arrives so you save beaucoup dollars on buying ingredients.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
DraculaEATS

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

WaitingForGodotEATS

The food never arrives so you save beaucoup dollars on buying ingredients.

SERVER: Do you want a lasagna?
CUSTOMER: Is that all there is?
SERVER: I might have some pizza.
CUSTOMER: Give me a lasagna. (Server rummages in his apron, takes out a pizza and gives it to Customer who takes a bite out of it. Angrily.) It's a pizza!
SERVER: Oh pardon! I could have sworn it was a lasagna.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

The EATS family of brands is probably the most versatile concept ever devised in the history of marketing. There's no property or person, real or fictional, dead or alive, that can't be utilized in the scope of the EATS umbrella, and the best thing is, it works equally well in all cases!

It's interesting that there were quite a few semi successful restaurants that use newspaper IPs. Most of them are unlicensed knockoffs, and none of them are chains.

A town a few miles from where I live has a "Beetle Bailey Burgers". It's nothing amazing, just a mom and pop burger shop with a theme. But they've been around since the 70s. Hardly any theming or silly names. Just a few pictures of Beetle Baily and Sarge on the walls, plus the promise of oversized food.

They don't sell merch. They don't constantly tweet. They're not obsessed with their own brand.

And while they're probably unlicensed, they've been doing just fine to stay open for so long.

The EATS idea is sound. GarfieldEATS was a shoe in. It should have been easy. But he bungled it.

Side tangent: ScoobyEATS would have actually been harder to pull off, because the concept of Scooby Snacks is essential. You'd have to design a food that would be edible and appealing to both people and dogs, without adding anything that would harm dogs. Because all it would take is one headline like 'Beloved Family Pet Overdoses on Scooby Snacks' and your sunk. I think someone tired once. Right now, Keebler makes gram cracker snacks that are only for people and a company named 'Snausages' makes dog snacks that probably taste like dog snacks.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i think you could also successfully do it the other way. a restaurant that serves licensed recreations of fictional foods from various ips

having said that i’m honesty surprised there isn’t a harry potter restaurant chain

popular with children under ten and children who are 35

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

A "Cartoon All-Stars" Diner if you would. Including that purple addiction ghost that hangs out in the bathroom pushing unidentifiable kid friendly versions of drugs.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

RobocopEATS, where you order some Nuke and Robocop enters and promptly shoots you in the dick. The rest of the menu is baby food.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

mediaphage posted:

i think you could also successfully do it the other way. a restaurant that serves licensed recreations of fictional foods from various ips

having said that i’m honesty surprised there isn’t a harry potter restaurant chain

unfortunately they only do this cool poo poo at theme parks, where everyone is either ten or a thirty-five year old child anyway

i want the piranha plant caprese please

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Bob HadababyEATSaboy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

unfortunately they only do this cool poo poo at theme parks, where everyone is either ten or a thirty-five year old child anyway

i want the piranha plant caprese please

yeah, i've read about those

i mean id absolutely go like. once. for the novelty of it. i'll take the spicy sonic onion rings and a butterbeer tia

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Buster Brown survived into the 90s as a shoe company mascot despite being from a comic strip created in 1902. So licensed characters don't always need to be currently popular. It just requires a solid business underneath it.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I was looking it up and I guess there's a sandwich chain in Canada named "Dagwood's" that's managed to get away with it long enough to open up a handful of locations. Which is really gonna put a dent in DagwoodEATS, Nathen's new idea for a soup bar.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

LvK posted:

I was looking it up and I guess there's a sandwich chain in Canada named "Dagwood's" that's managed to get away with it long enough to open up a handful of locations. Which is really gonna put a dent in DagwoodEATS, Nathen's new idea for a soup bar.

shockingly popular restaurant concept

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagwood_sandwich

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I swear Ive seen an Andy Capp themed pub/restaurant

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

mediaphage posted:

Someone tried and it closed. Here have a link with some amazing quotes and pictures.

https://www.geekwire.com/2023/poof-its-gone-magic-themed-wizard-bar-and-restaurant-in-seattle-closes-after-one-year/

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol yeah sounds like people who didn't know what they were doing which is all too common (thus perfect for this thread)

but i can imagine that the difference between an actual harry potter restaurant and the wish.com version is a lot of traffic

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Fail proof plan to make Big Bux: Open a restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

Fail proof plan to make Big Bux: Open a restaurant.

proven way to make big bux from bigger bux