Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

zedprime posted:

DA2 was crunched into existence in something insane like 14 months and accounting for preproduction they probably worked on gameplay assets for 6-9 months. In a technical point of view it's impressive there is as much as there is without you falling out of bounds constantly or seeing weird map generation gremlins but also they could have just not crunched for a year and made a game with lots of maps.

Nee Vegas was made in 18 months. :colbert:

(DA2 should've just reused DA:Os assets and engine.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Agents are GO! posted:

Really, I think it underscores the wisdom of the Elder Scrolls approach where you make LEGO blocks to build areas out of, and purpose-built tooling for assembling and handling a zillion small areas. They can have non artist, non programmers churn out generic houses and what not all the live long day, while experienced designers focus on the setpiece areas etc. This imposes all kinds of limits and challenges, but it's worth it in terms of sheer content output, assuming the gameplay, writing etc is good. Lol.

Anyway, my point is I want someone to use Beth's tech to make a Traveller game.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Agents are GO! posted:

What's its married name?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Grassy Knowles posted:

What's its married name?

Rainbow Six. It's a pansexual poly marriage.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Earth Defense Force 4 and 5 use their 6-8 maps over the course of around 90 missions each and noone bats an eye.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Kikas posted:

Earth Defense Force 4 and 5 use their 6-8 maps over the course of around 90 missions each and noone bats an eye.

Hard to see the map when it's covered in bugs and obscured by an absolute poo poo ton of explosions.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Toilet Rascal
EDF has only one map, piles of rubble as far as the eye can see

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Did Final Fantasy Type-0 have more than two maps? It sure never felt like it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

EDF has only one map, piles of rubble as far as the eye can see

Not true, there's also the Underground :v:

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

DA:O not getting a true sequel was a shame. Like, at the time it felt like "cool, I guess this is what you can do with modern 3d hardware and RTWP" and the character and combat systems, while definitely simpler than some of the D&D CRPGs of the era(or stuff that would come later like Pillars of Eternity), were fairly deep and engaging. The two martial kinda archetypes at least played slightly differently and mages were of course hilariously OP as per tradition. The combat system finally actually felt like it was designed to be run on/by a computer for the most part, but didn't feel truly divorced in the minute-to-minute gameplay from a BG/NWN type game despite that. It was a modern marvel for its day and it's an injustice it was never revisited. A DA2 that was just DA:O but more, like expanding the class system, more skills, more everything. Sure, it could well have sucked. But the fact that it never got a chance to exist is the real crime.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think the most confusing part about DA2 to me was that DA:O was specifically marketed as a throwback to Bioware's older stuff, Baldur's Gate especially, and then for DA2 they went "actually what if we just did fantasy Mass Effect instead". I honestly don't think DA2 is even that terrible on its own merits (although it does have a lot of problems), but it really didn't make a lot of sense as a sequel.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

What's its married name?

Van Buren :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Found some more prime NYC real estate:

https://i.imgur.com/JguZgIZ.mp4

Pros:
- Very roomy
- Solarium style design

Cons:
- Doors don't work

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013
makes perfect sense, and the door works fine: he has spider powers. Have you ever seen a spider open a door?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sudsygoat posted:

makes perfect sense, and the door works fine: he has spider powers. Have you ever seen a spider open a door?

Heh heh. Yes, once.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sudsygoat posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trapdoor_spiders

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://i.imgur.com/vsXHabY.mp4

Finally remembered to get a capture of the building glitch in progress to see if there was anything weird going on from the outside - nope. I'm almost certain that I've been on a phone call every time it's happened. I don't know enough about game system structure to know if that's something that could actually trigger it, or if it's just a coincidence, though.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
im going to have to call you back, i got trapped in the void again

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
You just found some of NYC's facade buildings. Don't be alarmed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

spookykid posted:

You just found some of NYC's facade buildings. Don't be alarmed.

Was worth scrolling all the way to the last one of these. They dressed that building up as well as when a character in a cartoon puts a lampshade on their head as a disguise

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That last building:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

https://twitter.com/benthebanedavis/status/1728803341797392391?s=46&t=e17TVAdVGZBn7Wrgjl8RPA

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://x.com/gamaflight/status/1728846473163608299?s=20

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gotta admire the "Ooh...basket interference" commentator, guy's committed to doing his job

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Toilet Rascal
e: n/m

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Hey, can I ask, what does the skull mean, in the text at the top?

I've been seeing more and more videos that have some text and then a skull at the end, and these videos I'm watching have nothing in common.

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

credburn posted:

I've been seeing more and more videos that have some text and then a skull at the end, and these videos I'm watching have nothing in common.

"I am dead, as this thing is so funny that it has killed me"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

credburn posted:

'lol rip'

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"im ded"

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

credburn posted:

Our Emoji Means Death

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

“My only regret is that I have boneitis.”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

dreamin of semen posted:

I almost posted this, but I was afraid I'd be wrong. Looks like I still know what's going on after all. Checkmate, kids these days :smugdog:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

dreamin of semen posted:

Oh, poo poo, that makes sense to me now. Thanks :corsair:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I usually see it as either "this is so funny I'm dying" or "this is so personally unfortunate that I'm sure it's hilarious to everyone else"

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

Captain Hygiene posted:

I almost posted this, but I was afraid I'd be wrong. Looks like I still know what's going on after all. Checkmate, kids these days :smugdog:

I know a guy who often just says "I'm dead" instead of "lol" or whatever and uses skull emoji reacts in discord, and I still went and googled "skull emoji im dead" lol

also, just realized I have mild content from a recent Rocksmith sesh- my score was 99.8% before this, I got 99.8% again, hit enter... 99.7% :negative: give me my .1% goddammit, I clawed that from the grasp of the imperfect note detection and I want it back

https://i.imgur.com/JbOxkzZ.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://imgur.com/p5Cif96.mp4

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Those meat slapping/bone breaking noises are legitimately disgusting

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

elbowed to the face so hard he got croenenburg'd

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I like that it didn't know enough to not let his arm do that, but still registered the hit in the correct spot on the guy's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

He’s showing incredible flexibility in his bones Joe!