Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

yea ok posted:

They cater to their audience in a way that they never did with Vince. I think it's still completely unwatchable but it can sure fill a building. Smackdown became the A Show when it was on Fox (larger viewerbase)

I think Smackdown having the main world champion, Roman, sort of made it the defacto A show as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sorry, maybe not every week – but Smackdown seems to do close to 10,000 fairly often. I find it interesting that Smackdown looks to do higher attendance than Raw (going by a quick search of WrestleTix on twitter) considering how clear they tried to make it that Raw was the A-Show for so many years.

I don't watch WWE and don't care about them as a company, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like fans of the show are into what they're doing and that the product is hot from a fan perspective.

Im guessing being on Friday night goes a long way here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandman McMahon posted:

Im guessing being on Friday night goes a long way here

Not only that but on the east coast it ends at 10pm vs 11pm for RAW

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i was at a grocery store in stamford one day recently and i saw the top story in the town's newspaper was vince selling some stock and realized not a lot happens in stamford. that's my "vince selling stock" story

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

i was at a grocery store in stamford one day recently and i saw the top story in the town's newspaper was vince selling some stock and realized not a lot happens in stamford. that's my "vince selling stock" story

Not a lot happens in the entire state which contains stamford

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sorry, maybe not every week – but Smackdown seems to do close to 10,000 fairly often. I find it interesting that Smackdown looks to do higher attendance than Raw (going by a quick search of WrestleTix on twitter) considering how clear they tried to make it that Raw was the A-Show for so many years.

I don't watch WWE and don't care about them as a company, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like fans of the show are into what they're doing and that the product is hot from a fan perspective.

It's much easier to draw on Friday than Monday or Tuesday.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I always thought Stamford was a kayfabe thing like Gotham City or Parts Unknown

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Here's why WWE having sellout crowds is actually bad for them and Joe Biden

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Nobody said that.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Pylons posted:

Nobody said that.

i said it while practicing WWE posts to make in this, the WWE thread.

drat Swerve is cool

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Fish Of Doom posted:

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Tony.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Nobody wants to wrestle anymore, they just want to sit at home and cash their joe brandon sports entertainment checks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really enjoy the Young Bucks work. The output of their matches over the course of their career is something I enjoy way more than most other wrestlers. They can effortlessly have amazing matches every single night. I'll always go to bat for the bucks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah they're the best ever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

Yeah they're the best ever

I think the Briscoes were better.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sandman McMahon posted:

I always thought Stamford was a kayfabe thing like Gotham City or Parts Unknown

No, I went there once to film Who Wants to be a Millionaire. There's nothing else of note.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sometimes I take for granted the elite. I need to appreciate them while I can.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Stamford is a really nice city, some very nice people come from there.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I think the Briscoes were better.

Both fair and true choices for best ever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stamford is in the little panhandle part of Connecticut that feels like part of Westchester County that got annexed for tax purposes

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Shard posted:

sometimes I take for granted the elite. I need to appreciate them while I can.

they're going to the fed any day now. cm punk is their first program.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sticky Nate posted:

they're going to the fed any day now. cm punk is their first program.

Kenny could thrive there but the Bucks would be eaten alive.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The mayor of stamford is married to a chud republican fuckboy who inherited all his money and worked for marco rubio

Said mayor graduated from harvard

Burn stamford to the ground

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

845k/0.26

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hopefully my fact checkers can verify

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seems fine

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Kenny could thrive there but the Bucks would be eaten alive.

the bucks would have amazing tag matches no matter where they went.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

845k/0.26

That held up really well.

(I think that demo is identical to last year, P2 might be higher)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

the bucks would have amazing tag matches no matter where they went.

they'd have to travel more than one day a week and cut in ring promos

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

That held up really well.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Come on Wednesday!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

(I think that demo is identical to last year, P2 might be higher)

Last year was 880k/.32

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Brody king aint no herb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

Last year was 880k/.32

Ah I see the .26 was a weird rating the week after Thanksgiving.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i liked all the thanksgiving aew this past couple days. thanks aew

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

I think I will enjoy this week's dynamite. I think I will enjoy it more if MJF is not allowed his cm punk response promk

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
MJF yells at CP Munk, who is an angel and did nothing wrong.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I realize that this is on me for being duped by clickbait but I am getting super duper tired of wrestling news sites using deceptive headlines for their articles

“Tony khan speaks on cm punk at survivor series” results in “i cannot legally speak about that at this point, but let’s talk about all in 2024”

Well that was a nothing news article

“Wwe legend hall of famer speaks on aew wrestler, criticizes him, aew wrestler responds” results in some dumb bullshit booker t said on his loving podcast and kota ibushi blew it off and just made a joke about strong style

I am only slightly grinding my teeth

“Undertaker weighs in on bray wyatt, speaks on not passing the torch to him at mania” results in some bullshit from taker’s loving podcast where he just goes on to blow wyatt and say how that dude didn’t need the torch passed, he made his own

Ugh, loving christ

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I realize that this is on me for being duped by clickbait but I am getting super duper tired of wrestling news sites using deceptive headlines for their articles

“Tony khan speaks on cm punk at survivor series” results in “i cannot legally speak about that at this point, but let’s talk about all in 2024”

Well that was a nothing news article

“Wwe legend hall of famer speaks on aew wrestler, criticizes him, aew wrestler responds” results in some dumb bullshit booker t said on his loving podcast and kota ibushi blew it off and just made a joke about strong style

I am only slightly grinding my teeth

“Undertaker weighs in on bray wyatt, speaks on not passing the torch to him at mania” results in some bullshit from taker’s loving podcast where he just goes on to blow wyatt and say how that dude didn’t need the torch passed, he made his own

Ugh, loving christ

Thats why I get all my scoops from my friends in The Kayfabe Octagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MJF got a torn labrum