Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
The unofficial Guard slogan is "Do More With Less" so I'm not sure why kids these days aren't jumping at the chance to join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Conscription would probably be better instead of what we have now, where a mercenary army of the poor is bribed with money for education and health care and then if they come back, they get honored by a free lunch once a year while struggling with mental health issues.

Our foreign wars only impact a small portion of the population, which prevents mass protest and solidarity among all citizens, as opposed to just having what almost amounts to a caste of military families. If everyone knew someone who had been drafted or was drafted themselves, things might be different.

The free healthcare and college for veterans is exactly why we don't offer it to everyone, even though we could; no one would have a reason to enlist.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

2 minutes later

Man who has never stepped foot within the continental united states: i have a lot of evidence that a country i have never visited and will never visit is strongly biased against white people. That is why I, a resident of the phillippines, is making a living telling white people how much their white supremacist government dislikes them

“What evidence do you have, imc”

Man who has spent his whole life desperately seeking power and flipflopping to whatever side would take him: “i can only tell you if you begin to believe my grift”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

2 minutes later

says the maylasian dude and the affrikanner. also they probably dont want to join because they saw their older brothers or cousins or Dads get hosed up by the various forever wars.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I like the people who hypothesize that Casimir Pulaski was actually intersex because they examined the body when it was exhumed for a new memorial or something -just because there was a bunch of rumors and differing accounts about WHO was interred there - and went "Uhhh, this is a woman's skeleton." A woman's skeleton that is genetically related to Pulaski's relatives's descendants. And that has wounds matching wounds seen in portraits and mentioned in accounts of the battles he fought in.

So yeah, odds are good that the Father of American Cavalry was born intersex or female. I think the researchers argue that he was intersex based on his birth records mentioning "issues" with the birth, but really vague in a way you wouldn't see if it was just "the baby was sick" or "the baby was a girl".

interesting and cool.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yes we had it and it resulted in people being banned. Those were dark days and I'm glad they're dead and buried

Concerning

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I have a friend who follows the launches. He thinks Elon "has issues" but for some reason still thinks he's a smart guy and a good engineer.

There's stupid-but-harmless, then there's that dangerous, aggressively stupid big brain.
The replies are filled to the brim with other homeopathic "doctor's bad", "big pHARMa" twats, too.

Look, has anyone actually let cancer go untreated? Maybe we shoul-

Oh wait, what's that? I am being told we have centuries of hard data showing that untreated cancer aggressively kills, rather than being a magical storage shed? Weird.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yes we had it and it resulted in people being banned. Those were dark days and I'm glad they're dead and buried

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
The Woke Mind Virus manifests as a cancerous growth between the legs. It must be chopped off as soon as possible to save the host from the gays.

Remember kids: painkillers and anesthetics are the soy face of medicine. Skip it, be based

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
ya, not using capitalization and punctuation was bannable as well.

gently caress ozma

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
ozma balls

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

meanwhile, Linda

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

flubber nuts posted:

Julius Caesar

Brooks Cracktackle

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ah but you see if he posts '!!' then HE gets the likes and validation

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

But once everyone gets the woke mind virus, they’ll all have immunity. Let’s expose everyone in the Tesla factory to it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

quote:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

lol groimes had to sue this rear end in a top hat because he stole her children

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I predict zero new weekly cases of the woke mind virus by April

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Lasting 4 years as an emperor sounds pretty good. For a stretch there it was one ambitious guy after another grabbing the laurels while the Praetorian Guard goes down the line stabbing his wife and kids until they reach him.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Conscription would probably be better instead of what we have now, where a mercenary army of the poor is bribed with money for education and health care and then if they come back, they get honored by a free lunch once a year while struggling with mental health issues.

Our foreign wars only impact a small portion of the population, which prevents mass protest and solidarity among all citizens, as opposed to just having what almost amounts to a caste of military families. If everyone knew someone who had been drafted or was drafted themselves, things might be different.

The free healthcare and college for veterans is exactly why we don't offer it to everyone, even though we could; no one would have a reason to enlist.

The problem is you can't have a high tech army with 2 year conscripts. Should we have thought about that before 20 years of forever wars? Ehhh...maybe we can deploy Teslas with FSD into enemy cities.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I dunno guys, it's pretty obvious America hates white men, otherwise, why would there be so few in our government?

Checkmate, libs. :colbert:

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I'd be less worried about the woke mind virus and more on personal hygiene and logging off the internet if I was IMC

Kale
May 14, 2010

kazil posted:

2 minutes later

Yeah like I said loving weird as poo poo and definitely living up to that mercurial label. Its mealy mouthed horseshit to fit a given situation and sound clever to stupid easily fooled people

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Lasting 4 years as an emperor sounds pretty good. For a stretch there it was one ambitious guy after another grabbing the laurels while the Praetorian Guard goes down the line stabbing his wife and kids until they reach him.

The problem is you can't have a high tech army with 2 year conscripts. Should we have thought about that before 20 years of forever wars? Ehhh...maybe we can deploy Teslas with FSD into enemy cities.

If your talking about El he was the period before that. In fact he was arguably the first time the guard really became a major player in court politics

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I didn't listen but the comments said it was just bibi justifying genocide for 30 minutes

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

shyduck posted:

I didn't listen but the comments said it was just bibi justifying genocide for 30 minutes

quote:

Elon Musk says during a live chat on X (formerly Twitter) with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that there is “no choice” other than to destroy the Hamas terror group in order to bring about a better future for Gaza, and agrees with Netanyahu that the terror organization has genocidal intentions toward the Jewish people.

US billionaire Musk, the owner of X and head of SpaceX, says though that he would like to help rebuild Gaza after the current war, and asserts that rehabilitating the territory is an important step to preventing future war.

“If you want security, peace and a better life for Gazans, then you need to destroy Hamas. You first have to get rid of the poisonous regime as was done in Germany and Japan,” says Netanyahu, to which Musk responds: “There’s no choice.”

Musk also remarks that civilian casualties are “unavoidable” and that Israel is trying to avoid them in its war against Hamas.

“You need to pair firmness and taking out the terrorists and those intent on murder, and at the same time help those that remain, which is what happened in Germany and Japan,” he adds.

“Usually the victor punishes the loser,” he continues, and points to the rehabilitation of Germany and Japan by the allies after World War II as examples of how reconstruction efforts after a major war and a clear-cut victory helped secure peace for a long period of time.

:murder:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No, Linda, I'm not listening to that poo poo

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Kind of funny how Musk thought that civilian casualties are necessary for Israel but stopped Ukrainian attacks against Russia. Concerning.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

quote:

You need to pair firmness and taking out the terrorists and those intent on murder

So then....Israel?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 27, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ow, my brain. My stupid loving brain.

Even my stupid loving brain knows about how both Germany and Japan had a very large continuity of government.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gschmidl posted:

Me, thinking about the Roman Empire:

I’m offended by this bastardisation of language.

“AD” must always precede the year.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Only dorks use AD nowadays. Real troopers use BCE/CE.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yes. You definitely don't punish the civilian populations of Germany and Japan like we famously absolutely 100% did not do.

They're geniuses.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

#sports indeed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BigglesSWE posted:

I would also accept “AUC” in this instance.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Quick, someone hand Musk an UN proposal to rebuild Gaza that he can quickly forget ever talking about.

CharlestheHammer posted:

If your talking about El he was the period before that. In fact he was arguably the first time the guard really became a major player in court politics

So all the prior times Praetorians killed an emperor it was just like a hobby?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

AD is for shitposts, CE is for science.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Boring Company looking into this

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

remember when elon said he'd rebuild puerto rico's power grid and then dumped some solar panels off on the airport tarmac

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/BrianLynch/status/1728866933330911340?t=7z81r83BY8F0htpFHrAHIQ&s=19

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

lol groimes had to sue this rear end in a top hat because he stole her children

He had to protect them from the WMV (Woke Mind Virus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

look, Grimes can see her kids whenever she wants as long as she admits that she loves Elon and wants to never leave him ever again