Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

While I think frank was a victim of tepper, he installed a very stale offense without any of the players he needed to run it. He was frequently underprepared or oblivious and is outmatched at this point from a coaching perspective. Things like calling plays for players not on the field, the game tying field goal attempt his kicker told him he didn’t have, etc. he just needs to take some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Colts are still paying Frank Reich lol. He's double-dipping on contracts he doesn't have to do any work for.

No way he takes a job next season.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Reich isn't an "Oh my god this guy is so toxic we can't afford to keep him around our organization for even a few more weeks" situation, but I do think firing him early makes sense for Carolina, especially because they have well-regarded coordinators who aren't attached at the hip to Reich. Getting rid of the stodgy old guy whose approach clearly wasn't working at least gives you a few weeks to see if the players look any better with other reasonably competent people calling the shots

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Kalli posted:

He recognizes his gameplans aren't working and tries something new. Not his fault the league isn't ready for it.

Not to nit pick, but Buddy Ryan did it first.

https://coachgarner.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/polish-goal-line-defense-a-blast-from-the-past-2/

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Colts are still paying Frank Reich lol. He's double-dipping on contracts he doesn't have to do any work for.

No way he takes a job next season.

He'll be a senior offensive assistant in Philly or something like that, I bet.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Reich will go to a rehab OC job, look great for a few years, then get another shot.

He was terrible and flailed, but come on, he got handed a lemon and an awfully built roster. Who would survive with that offensive cast?

He'll come to Detroit after Ben Johnson dips for LAC and I'll be sad.

Or maybe not, the Lions offensive roster is worlds better than Carolina's on paper.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I say it's a good move because all head coaches should be special teams coaches :colbert:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

IMO head coaches shouldn't be offensive/defensive or positional coaches at all, they should trust their assistants to do that and just be responsible for overall team play, player development, and motivation. More of a GM on-the-field.

I'd take burnt-out Reich a thousand times over Urbz, Meyer was actively trying to sabotage his own job to get out. He's a dickhead on the level of Bobby Petrino.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

C-Euro posted:

He'll come to Detroit after Ben Johnson dips for LAC and I'll be sad.

Or maybe not, the Lions offensive roster is worlds better than Carolina's on paper.

MCDC has a lot of input on that offense so I don’t think it’s gonna be a massive drop without Ben.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gorson posted:

IMO head coaches shouldn't be offensive/defensive or positional coaches at all, they should trust their assistants to do that and just be responsible for overall team play, player development, and motivation. More of a GM on-the-field.

I'd take burnt-out Reich a thousand times over Urbz, Meyer was actively trying to sabotage his own job to get out. He's a dickhead on the level of Bobby Petrino.

Don't think Urban was trying to sabotage so much as he's a college coach that can't handle professional players. Really think he'd flop out of the new NIL era of college to.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 27, 2023

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chris James 2 posted:

Urban Meyer lasted 13 games

I think that says more about the Jags than it does the Panthers tbh. Reich sucked but wasn't a personal disaster as well. Panthers new to cut bait quick, the Jags...didn't.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Really think he'd flop out of the new NIL era of college to.

I think this is the reason he keeps claiming he's not interested in returning to coaching, he knows it too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Urban not knowing how the nfl draft works was pretty amazing.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Why can't I just pick all the blue chip players I want?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1729154350453534973

Tepper is definitely one of those rear end in a top hat bosses who randomly fires people to "send a message" and refuses to admit he's the problem

I dunno the cardinals are the same over that period minus the interim coaches

wilks, kingsbury, gannon. and you can argue that kingsbury had "something" going by making it into the playoffs.

I think this is just where football is going, if you are going to be the head coach of a billion dollar franchise you need to be in lockstep with your GM and have KPIs and whatever and if you falter 3 years in then you get replaced with someone else who has a vision they can sell the owner or board.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Urban. But the Texans just did it this year! If you're willing to heavily mortgage your future and the draft falls just right. Maybe Atlanta would have been willing to trade back and let them have Pitts for a big enough haul.

Not sure Will Anderson is having the sort of impact they wanted so far but they went and got their guy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Docjowles posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Urban. But the Texans just did it this year! If you're willing to heavily mortgage your future and the draft falls just right. Maybe Atlanta would have been willing to trade back and let them have Pitts for a big enough haul.

Not sure Will Anderson is having the sort of impact they wanted so far but they went and got their guy.

Will Anderson has been pretty fantastic so far, they absolutely crushed the draft last year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Sunshine posted:

Incredible content from Mr Meyer.

The amount of ignorance he displayed could not be due to negligence. Some of this info a regular person would acquire just by being around football. No, it wasn’t negligence. It was dedication to ignorance. A full defense against incoming knowledge.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The coaching dream team.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1729213722508329400?s=20

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

You got it!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1729213689730150479

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I feel really bad for Duce. He left a great situation in Detroit because someone in his family was sick, and he walked right into this shitshow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's hosed up. Poor Duce.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

I feel really bad for Duce. He left a great situation in Detroit because someone in his family was sick, and he walked right into this shitshow.

im sure detroit will take him back

lmao at mccown tho

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Duce Staley deserves better

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1729216072770101411?s=20

What a loving nightmare

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Fire the guy who came to you so he could take care of his sick mother.

Sure fire way to lure his former co coach and presumable friend, Ben Johnson.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I can understand having too many men during the flow of the game, when your running players on/off or people are replacing injured players in specific packages, but how does this happen on the first snap of the game? Shouldn't the entire defense know who's going out there?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
sucks for Deuce but Jim Caldwell probably knows what he's doing

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

jfc how bad was it getting there?

Black Lighter posted:

Detroit will absolutely take him back but what a brutal 9 mos for Deuce.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chargers should hire staley

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

sucks for Deuce but Jim Caldwell probably knows what he's doing

Yeah that's my reaction as well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The running game has been dire. Its not a shock to me either. sucks, because I like him as a guy but poo poo had to change.

I wonder if the team pivots hard back to a man gap power scheme immediately for the offense. Changing a horse mid race is dumb and hard but it can't possibly be worse.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also i forgot mccown was one of the biggest in the pro stroud camp.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BlindSite posted:

The running game has been dire. Its not a shock to me either. sucks, because I like him as a guy but poo poo had to change.

I wonder if the team pivots hard back to a man gap power scheme immediately for the offense. Changing a horse mid race is dumb and hard but it can't possibly be worse.

They're going to do this just in time to put up 200+ rushing yards on the Packers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shrimpy posted:

They're going to do this just in time to put up 200+ rushing yards on the Packers.

Teams haven’t been going hard at the packers run defense lately despite how bad it is which I appreciate

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

This would be smart. The blocking literally cannot get worse

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
On the one hand, come back Duce
On the other hand, run game's been pretty good without him so ???

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm like 90% sure Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL. The Panthers are turbo hosed until he's gone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

not sure if he knows this for a fact or is just vibing. Keyshawn saying Reich never wanted Young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zshm7j6U6To&t=14s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kirios posted:

I'm like 90% sure Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL. The Panthers are turbo hosed until he's gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38734726/arizona-cardinals-michael-bidwill-workplace-culture

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ady-sean-payton