Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Brandi later denied this in an interview. I’m of the opinion that Tony said something about her ideas or work that offended her. Maybe not to her but it got back to her. They’ve ruled out enough stuff including money that it’s gotta be something actually personal like they’ve characterized it as

Yeah I mean whenever Cody says it’s a personal issue, he is very cordial about it. Brandi just seems really salty and it’s beyond a “standing by her man” way. I think someone (Tony) pissed her off somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

How do you feel about Drew Galloway and Tyler Black?

:discourse:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I choose to believe it's because of her deciding to shoot on Ethan Page and say they only hired him to get Josh Alexander (contracted to Impact at the time), and Tony immediately axing her from all future shows. If the timelines don't match up I don't care

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

How do you feel about Drew Galloway and Tyler Black?

yes for Drew

extremely hard no on Freakin'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Copeland was smart enough to adjust his character to fit AEW when he showed up, I think Freakin' would do the same.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AEW allows its roster to be a little more edgy and risque. I'm all in on Seth Shittin' Rollins

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

#StandUpForAEW

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seth Rollins would probably be too depressed to do anything else if he couldn’t work for WWE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I want WALTER in AEW so people can be mad about him there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

I want WALTER in AEW so people can be mad about him there

Only if he looks like WALTER again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Only if he looks like WALTER again

Hate that he does the big splash from the top rope now. Looks like poo poo if you're not a big dude!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they gotta get walter on that chris hero diet stat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GUNTHER ftmwf

If he was in AEW he’d be doing jobs to one of the dork odor

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Le Saboteur posted:

remember when Paige VanZant was ALL ELITE?!

I still maintain that Men of the Year was a good stable and everyone's careers are worse for it ending...except probably Paige.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

warned yall bout the acclaimed. warned. y. all. there you were hooting and hollering and whooping daddy rear end, daddy rear end, scissor me daddy rear end scissor me that's the billy gunn from the road doggs, i was shaking my head and saying this is not the way. well since that fateful day everything has gone wrong and all is lost. but hey. at least your scissors are timbered

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That DICK! posted:

warned yall bout the acclaimed. warned. y. all. there you were hooting and hollering and whooping daddy rear end, daddy rear end, scissor me daddy rear end scissor me that's the billy gunn from the road doggs, i was shaking my head and saying this is not the way. well since that fateful day everything has gone wrong and all is lost. but hey. at least your scissors are timbered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNe4u5TzjBs&t=40s

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

That DICK! posted:

(regretfully) F-folks...

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
There just isn't enough focus in AEW right now and it's been a problem ever since they got ROH. There are too many tables, too much talent and too much TV. The Acclaimed is one thing he got right by knowing when the time had come to end their tag reign, but they ended up in trios land which is basically a dead title as is. At times I've had to recognize up to four promotions having titles revolving around in AEW. Most people aren't nerdy enough for this poo poo. It's all made poo poo too convoluted.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Would have been fine if it stopped when HOB retired Billy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Billy Gunn should have stayed murdered

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

EC3 is the only hope to save this company’s soul.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there’s just way too many loving belts

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
aew needs roman reigns

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Tiny Con let’s Ricky walk then he is the most brainless booker in wrestling history

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Edge needs to stop doing the run to the side of the stage thing during his entrance because he only does one side now, which constantly reminds me that there's no audience on the other side.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

If Tiny Con let’s Ricky walk then he is the most brainless booker in wrestling history

Damage is done I’m afraid

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Brandi later denied this in an interview. I’m of the opinion that Tony said something about her ideas or work that offended her. Maybe not to her but it got back to her. They’ve ruled out enough stuff including money that it’s gotta be something actually personal like they’ve characterized it as

I feel like at the time it was confirmed (through meltzer or something) that it was about him getting punk level money

of course cody and brandi would say 'it's not about the money' but of course it's totally about the money

i assume the people who say it was about the fans turning on him are joking because lol lmao if you really think that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought it was pretty much agreed that Cody wanted more control to book more and TK shut him down. So since Cody was never gonna get the book he felt slighted.

Cody probably does get the book if he stays in WWE.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

You gotta get Punk and Cody to jump ship at the same time and be a mega heel team. (this is my worst booking idea ever).

I always loved the Codyverse and I was sad when he left.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Had a lot of misses but only one person has gone through a flaming table. We need him back.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hellblazer187 posted:

You gotta get Punk and Cody to jump ship at the same time and be a mega heel team. (this is my worst booking idea ever).

I always loved the Codyverse and I was sad when he left.

One more invasion angle... this time for sure...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yea ok posted:

Had a lot of misses but only one person has gone through a flaming table. We need him back.

He was cooked in more ways than one

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there’s just way too many loving belts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymb0SvHCnY&t=3s

Classicst3ve
Feb 28, 2019
gently caress AEW they deserve to fuxking die and I hope they do soon so I can stop caring about wrestling altogether.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

have you considered logging off epic rereg guy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
im not very sports entertained by aew and would like for them to go back to simple good ol' boy wrasslin' story telling

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Classicst3ve posted:

gently caress AEW they deserve to fuxking die and I hope they do soon so I can stop caring about wrestling altogether.

Found Tony Khan’s account

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Classicst3ve posted:

epic rereg guys aren’t welcome here. Please eff off

Classicst3ve
Feb 28, 2019
Whatever. I got it off my chest, rereg or whatever the hell I am. Now, let's all listen to the death rattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The belt issue could be fixed by making Battle of the Belts live up to its namesake. Every wrestler with a title competes, only one champion emerges. Crisis of Infinite Belts