Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

All these goons eating oatmeal and making their own meals. How's the guy who orders $2k delivery of Hooters doing? What's his food price inflation like? Does he pick up his own food now?

He's still living very large:
https://twitter.com/jasondotnews/status/1628377547267313664

Seriously though the guy makes his living off of a bottom-feeding crime-focused newspaper that gets most of its money by extorting people to pay to have their mugshots removed. Whenever there's crime in Nashville, he makes money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Did you generate this de novo or is this from an actual New Yorker article?

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what makes it fascist

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

woke operator posted:

what makes it fascist

Because Fascists loved the modernist look and went all into it to the point that it's now very heavily associated with them.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mycomancy posted:

Did you generate this de novo or is this from an actual New Yorker article?

It's been making the rounds on the internet for a couple years. I don't think AI was involved.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Turnquiet posted:

these dudes approached me with a job offer that would require me to live in the UAE. they promised multiple business class flights back, private schooling for my children, etc- all to work on an obvious scam. starting to think I was the sucker since they don’t actually DO anything near as I can tell.
drat I just got rejected for a Saudi scam job. As an unemployed gay man, I’d be way down with any scam job in a homophobic country.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
$2.3 Trillion added to the US National Debt in less than 6 months since the debt ceiling was suspended

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought I had a hot date — but I got catfished by an NYC restaurant instead https://nypost.com/2023/11/27/lifestyle/nyc-woman-claims-restaurant-catfished-her-via-dating-app-2/

economy so good, local restaurants now need to pull off funny dating app scams on women to get people to come in

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

err posted:

$2.3 Trillion added to the US National Debt in less than 6 months since the debt ceiling was suspended

that's a made up number

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ReubenR80027912/status/1729125214846632047?t=gASlVcK82tr1_BHxsWOBjg&s=19

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

authorities report this is being investigated as a hate crime

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

woke operator posted:

what makes it fascist

that style also strips out nature, romance, and shape, leaving only lifeless, mechanical cleanliness. its a quixotic struggle against entropy that only the rich can afford.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1729225210153570343?s=20

:lol:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'd be pretty drat happy if I had a salary of a half mil.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

colorings all wrong to be a fox graphic

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Does the thread have a Resident Millennial defender?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'll defend millennials

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
give me $500,000

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm from millennial and I say kill em all

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

what are the salaries like in Toledo?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

It doesn't sound like he's sorry to be punching down.

Also 225k house with a 20% down payment (lol) is still going to be $1600 a month that you're paying to willingly live in loving Toledo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Taima posted:

Steam functions much closer to a consumer drug than any kind of actual method of playing and enjoying things.

Somewhere, locked in a vault with 24/7 armed guards and state of the art security systems, Gabe has The Number: the ratio of how long a consumer plays games on Steam vs how much they spend for useless bits on their hard drive they'll never use.

That number has to be incredible, like $20 per minute of game time. There's a lot of things to hate about Capitalism but the thing I detest the most is services that activate the Useless Collector part of our brains.

Trading cards. Steam library. Imo it should be illegal but I don't know how that would be enforced :shrug:

It's the one number Steam will never, ever admit because it's so plainly damning of the model itself. You probably get fired for even mentioning that number at Valve because it's that disgusting.

Steam is the people's platform because Proton is destroying Microsoft's hold on the PC gaming market.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

$15k a year on food for the average family of 4 Jesus gently caress :shepspends:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

net work error posted:

I'd be pretty drat happy if I had a salary of a half mil.

124k would be a major upgrade

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Toledo is one of the saddest places i've ever been. and yes, i've been to jackson mississippi

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

super sweet best pal posted:

Proton is destroying Microsoft's hold on the PC gaming market.

tell me more

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

super sweet best pal posted:

Steam is the people's platform because Proton is destroying Microsoft's hold on the PC gaming market.

inshallah

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol

Glumwheels posted:

But cereal is terrible general and you shouldn’t eat it (someone will say this is ableist probably)

I like cereal but it's hard to find anything that is less than 1/6 sugar, which I assume is because sugar is ridiculously cheap/subsidized. I mix unsweetened shredded wheat with less unhealthy granolas and some fruit (frozen blueberries are a way better deal than Driscoll's and are more likely to taste good while never spoiling) and hope for the best.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

give me $500,000

Ok but only if you agree to never leave Toledo.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Westworld intro was a perfect example, thanks!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

It's also just a horseshit lie.

The "we buy homes for cash" landlord schemes are absolutely rife in every rural trailer park. And prices with respect to incomes are way up, even if absolute prices are lower.

As long as people have a reason to live somewhere, robber barons are making their life worse.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

most of the wage gains happened in 2021, and yet food insecurity increased over the same period

The government massively cut back on the boosted covid-era social benefits in the 2021-2022 period, putting a ton of people right back into poverty

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just don't live in a top 500 city and so long as you already own a home, you can easily afford to move to a different home

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bishyaler posted:

It doesn't sound like he's sorry to be punching down.

Also 225k house with a 20% down payment (lol) is still going to be $1600 a month that you're paying to willingly live in loving Toledo

I bet it’s in a lovely part of Toledo too. So yeah if you want to live in a lovely part of a fourth or fifth tier city that probably went for $100k a few years ago but now is a quarter million then yes, there’s something out there for you.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Next he's gonna be telling people to move to Akron.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Traverse City and Cedar Rapids are only 2 or 3 years away.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/jgkragt/status/1729243110520316012

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

can’t believe this idiot still has this up

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

All I see is a giant middle finger flipping me off (the economy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Why the gently caress would you order thousands of dollars from Chili's.

It's not like those fajita's are gonna be sizzling when Bob steps out of his vehicle and yeets your order on your front porch...