Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just give Joe the Belt, Christ.

Tony Khan books AEW not our lord and saviour Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

not sure if it's a work but mjf tweeted and then deleted:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Seams posted:

Tony Khan books AEW not our lord and saviour Jesus

The You Testament remains undefeated

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
have Joe destroy MJF and take the belt, let the BTYBB dumbasses jazz hand some kind of ending to their dumb bullshit and never speak of it again

edit:
just never mention the devil again

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

put the belt on Joe please and then he can kill the devil

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's canon that someone can defend a championship on behalf of the champion so have The Acclaimed defend the ROH tag titles and Daddy rear end vs Joe for the World title.

I cannot overstate how dumb it is that someone can defend a championship on behalf of someone else. Dumber than the interim titles were.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It would be kind of funny/neat if the Devil storyline got fully removed from the main event scene because of this, and Cole (or whoever) gets mad about how he was putting together the perfect plan to snake MJF for the championship but then MJF's stupid body couldn't hold up long enough for him to pull it off

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope the stand up for aew tweets don't start being a thing for people in the company because they're just cringey just go out there and focus on putting on good performances and gently caress off from twitter

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
have MJF retire the championship and make the C2 for the quad crown

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I liked the idea of the fragmented belt someone posted about. If you collect all 7 pieces then The Devil (Tony Khan) comes out and gives you a wish.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

smarxist posted:

have Joe destroy MJF and take the belt, let the BTYBB dumbasses jazz hand some kind of ending to their dumb bullshit and never speak of it again

edit:
just never mention the devil again

What if, and I'm just spit balling here, what if we reveal The Devil is Hornswoggle??

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

its true, he tweeted it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

On The Internet posted:

I liked the idea of the fragmented belt someone posted about. If you collect all 7 pieces then The Devil (Tony Khan) comes out and gives you a wish.

Twisted Metal style. Joe is already Sweet Tooth, just get Tony as Calypso. We're onto something.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope the stand up for aew tweets don't start being a thing for people in the company because they're just cringey just go out there and focus on putting on good performances and gently caress off from twitter

what stand up for aew tweets?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

Joe should win but I think there needs to be another champion between him and Swerve. Darby or Eddie maybe.

Darby would be the perfect transitional champion between Joe/Swerve imo. He's got history with both and has made Joe in particular look like a million bucks, Sting's retirement is coming up so you could fold that into the storyline, he's a Day 1 AEW lifer babyface so it'd go over great with the audience, and then you can pull the trigger on Swerve whenever you need to write Darby off for his dumbass Everest climb

If you want a more substantive reign after Joe then Danielson would be the other obvious choice to me. Could even have Swerve be the guy who sends him to part-time status when the time comes

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Lamuella posted:

what stand up for aew tweets?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

poor guy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Time to break the glass on the interim world title again

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I think Joe should win at World's end since it would be the end of the world for MJF since he loses the title.

See it goes with the theme. Tony, you loving coward, it's poetry.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Its time to bring back the REAL WORLD title

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m not very interested in a Joey Samoey title run but I also don’t see how they can pay off all the MJF poo poo in a really satisfying way so yeah gently caress it give him a go

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJF should win, anything else will make Joe look weak while the loser gently caress face energy can roll into MJFs next defense and really get some shine on whoever ends up beating him.

Also would just be sad to see the AEW title get hotshot to an old nostalgia act while they're trying to right the business. I think they can work through the injury and not have to make any dangerous sudden decisions.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 28, 2023

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Joe winning the title will make him look weak?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Did someone call Samoa Joe just a nostalgia act?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

what are you talking about gummy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Man, a lot of brains broke in the last 48 hours

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Darby winning to finally get one up over MJF because of their long-time rivalry would be fantastic, and then Joe killing Darby would also be fantastic. Samoa Joe is the best.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, not going to look strong beating a guy with one arm and one leg. If they're going to call any sort of audible just swap off of Joe and rush to the Jungle Boy match and get it on him. The true devil on another level

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Of course, the way to make Joe looks strong is either to have him lose or to have him not get the match at all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW filed a trademark for "East West Express" so expect Jordan Oliver to show up soon to back up Nick Wayne in the Patriarchy.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, not going to look strong beating a guy with one arm and one leg. If they're going to call any sort of audible just swap off of Joe and rush to the Jungle Boy match and get it on him. The true devil on another level

hmmm, nah

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i dunno how long a labrum takes to heal but we do still have weeks before worlds end

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

AEW filed a trademark for "East West Express" so expect Jordan Oliver to show up soon to back up Nick Wayne in the Patriarchy.

Jordan Oliver would be a huge pop for me, love his white boy dirt bag energy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gumball absolutely cranking up the gimmick posts in the past month or so

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Isn’t darby already gone for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pylons posted:

EAST WEST

EAST WEST

EAST WEST

EXPRESSSSS!!

That's how I was introduced to Nick Wayne before he showed up in AEW; he was at a GCW show I went to and it was super fun.