Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

drat I just got into Snap and am really enjoying it. Not sure which card game I’d play next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Well, there are no signs it'll up and collapse. Live service games have switched publishers plenty of times in the past without going belly up. Maybe just don't splurge on any pro-bundles until there are some sure signs that can make any necessary transitions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sailormoon posted:

drat I just got into Snap and am really enjoying it. Not sure which card game I’d play next

Same, op. This is my biggest problem. I really like playing card games, but I’m too poor for Hearthstone, and have a Mac so I can’t even do stuff like Dual Force or Runeterra. I just wish SD would pull their heads out of their asses. With just a little tinkering the systems could feel so much better.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sandwolf posted:

Same, op. This is my biggest problem. I really like playing card games, but I’m too poor for Hearthstone, and have a Mac so I can’t even do stuff like Dual Force or Runeterra. I just wish SD would pull their heads out of their asses. With just a little tinkering the systems could feel so much better.

I use Bluestacks now and then to play Snap on my Mac, but it's not really reliable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently there is finally a patch with bug fixes out now

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ha ha, I just had a game where Ego played Magik onto himself :rip:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Good, Ego sucks most of the time

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently there is finally a patch with bug fixes out now

Looks like it was mostly under the hood stuff?
https://discord.com/channels/978545345715908668/978547819214434304/1178762639866863637

quote:

There were some critical issues around upcoming content that needed to be addressed in the currently live client that couldn't wait until the next major release.

Would be fun to know what the issues were. Martyr was actually moving to win the game?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I can say for sure the Daredevil bug wasn't fixed. At least on Android.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah it’s not fixed. I play on iOS and it’s the same thing

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DrBouvenstein posted:

:suicide: god damnit

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Ha ha, I just had a game where Ego played Magik onto himself :rip:

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I hope you weren't looking forward to Firestar.

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1729230380543136139

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

DrBouvenstein posted:

It sucks but he is still "functional". You got to look at the played cards, but you gotta squint. :/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

We have to hope the patch changes the meta, because I doubt any of the remaining cards are going to do much. Woof, what a bad stretch of cards.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah it seems like either Firestar was busted, or whatever they needed to do under the hood to launch two cards in one week was busted.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

It sucks but he is still "functional". You got to look at the played cards, but you gotta squint. :/

If you're not using Snap flashcards at home to learn every card and each of its variants, what are you even doing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think Firestar was busted

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
firestar was a 6/3 with 'on reveal: each card you played last turn gains this card's power.'

i could easily believe the mechanics were buggy - i think it's the first card that would key off of cards played the previous turn?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Far be it for a game to remember which cards were played the prior turn.

Although I guess you have to consider that cards played don't necessarily exist on the board any longer on the next turn. I guess they saved themselves another kitty pryde fiasco.

And everything datamined are all as of yet unannounced cards fwiw

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

canyonero posted:

We have to hope the patch changes the meta, because I doubt any of the remaining cards are going to do much. Woof, what a bad stretch of cards.

Shaw is good. The problem is that until they nerf WWBN other scaling 3-drops might as well not exist.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Waffleopolis posted:

Except that's not how it works for at least some people (including myself):

Hobo Clown posted:

This is how it's always looked on my Galaxy S22, medium quality.

Unless I can tap the card, I can't see anything. There has never been a 'preview window'.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Werewolf surfer Shaw ft nakia and okoye is gonna be nasty

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How am I gonna identify bots if real people start using Nakia :mad:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/Drewberry_Snap/status/1729242764083368196

Some easy skips here

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Oh cool I don't have to worry about getting blob when I fish for that Jeff variant

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How the hell are they unable to fix daredevil.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Not fixing Daredevil doesn't lose them money, so it gets queued behind other, more important things

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'll probably save for Blob week since I don't have any of those 3 cards.

Blob's Ongoing seems oddly specific and I can't think of when it would come into play. I guess it prevents a T6 Spider-Man moving you away? Or from you setting up a T7 Heimdall for some reason?

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 28, 2023

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I guess Blob replacing Firestar doesn't change the calculus much, that week is still the only week where I can get new cards reliably. Shame though, Firestar was the only new card this month I thought looked interesting or fun.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I already have Man-Thing and Stegron is a whiff, but I'll be cracking keys till I get Jeff.

Then again for Nico.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Shaw might be pretty strong - there's Forge, Nico, Surfer, Nova, Elsa, am I missing anything else on permanent power increases?

edit - Havok + Viper on turn 3 could be really brutal

wyoak fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 28, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Hot Take: not fixing DD is actually a stealth buff because he's a mediocre card, and people can put a better 2-drop in their decks while he's broken.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
No one who played Gamora and Professor X would say that!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wyoak posted:

Shaw might be pretty strong - there's Forge, Nico, Surfer, Nova, Elsa, am I missing anything else on permanent power increases?

edit - Havok + Viper on turn 3 could be really brutal

Okoye and Nakia

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Does Blue Marvel count as permanent or no

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Shaw will be a solid addition to Surfer, and most of the cards that can buff him have synergy with Actual Good Card WWBN.

Seriously, I have no idea how so many people view that card as okay. A 3/9-15 is so absurd.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Does Blue Marvel count as permanent or no

No. Ongoing abilities won't proc his effect. But some location effects will! Like the one that gives +2 to all cards in your hand, or the +2 on T5 to all at that location.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, since when is Blob a 6-cost card? I thought he was a 3/4.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Red posted:

I use Bluestacks now and then to play Snap on my Mac, but it's not really reliable.

If you're on an Apple Silicon Mac, you can just download the iPad version from the App Store and open it directly - no emulator required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nikumatic posted:

No one who played Gamora and Professor X would say that!

Neither of those cards cares much about what is played, only where. Gamora wants to know so she's a 5/12, and with X you usually want to know which lane can be locked because your opponent isn't playing there.