Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I sort of imagine that Daniel Jackson's written like 30 books on languages that won't be able to be published until 70 years after his death, at which point they'll be in the public domain.

Somehow, colleges will still charge $500 for each copy.

I wonder what the "Ancient Aliens" History Channel show is like in SG1 world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

redshirt posted:

Dry, factual and narrated by David Attenborough.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

i'm going to guess uncovered a poo poo load of evidence about the stargate and alien visits to earth through out time, but just always put try and put all the pieces of evidence they've uncovered into some completely unrelated stupid bullshit theory, like were getting visited by super intelligent dinosaurs that survived in the middle of the earth or something, who occasionally live above ground for a bit and build pyramids or what ever.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“Kek” seems to be their version of “Smurf”

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

the history channel drinking game: every time they get something kinda (handwaves) right but then jump in the wrong direction, take a drink

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

i'm going to guess uncovered a poo poo load of evidence about the stargate and alien visits to earth through out time, but just always put try and put all the pieces of evidence they've uncovered into some completely unrelated stupid bullshit theory, like were getting visited by super intelligent dinosaurs that survived in the middle of the earth or something, who occasionally live above ground for a bit and build pyramids or what ever.

I loved that they worked this angle with the "Wormhole X-Treme" storyline. "Plausible Deniability", says General Hammond.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The SG1 crew starts out as clueless people with machine guns going to other worlds and not understanding anything to the United States government ending up being one, if not the, most powerful in the galaxy and the writers were always too scared to tell the story of the Stargate program going public.

It'd be like if white people colonized america but it was kept a total secret from everyone in euorpe.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kree translates to “lfg”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

The SG1 crew starts out as clueless people with machine guns going to other worlds and not understanding anything to the United States government ending up being one, if not the, most powerful in the galaxy and the writers were always too scared to tell the story of the Stargate program going public.

It'd be like if white people colonized america but it was kept a total secret from everyone in euorpe.

I just watched the Season 6 clip episode where Hammond and Davis reveal the SG program to various ambassadors, and of course Kinsey is there to badmouth them.

And for all the alien tech and wormholes and hyperdrives, perhaps its most amazing that the other governments of the world wouldn't absolutely freak out when learning about this.

And demanding change.

Any criticisms of the SGC within the show always seemed to have an agenda, but for real, the US Government initiating and fighting a war with an alien species, in secret, that very much threatens the entire world is crazy.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

I just watched the Season 6 clip episode where Hammond and Davis reveal the SG program to various ambassadors, and of course Kinsey is there to badmouth them.

And for all the alien tech and wormholes and hyperdrives, perhaps its most amazing that the other governments of the world wouldn't absolutely freak out when learning about this.

And demanding change.

Any criticisms of the SGC within the show always seemed to have an agenda, but for real, the US Government initiating and fighting a war with an alien species, in secret, that very much threatens the entire world is crazy.

i also just watched it and i bust out laughing when the china ambassador says the chineese govt doesnt hide things from its populace. it has to be the second funniest political joke in the entire series right after the american govt doesnt interfere in other peoples problems. SINCE WHEN!!? well since this administration.

i found it kind of boring just like the last clip show and also didnt have jonas in it and i feel like it should have. but thor at the end and that joke saved it.

since daniel died these episodes have been kind of nice and im looking foward to the show down with anubis thats building and for the replicator chickens to come home to roost. i have gathered that daniel will be back soon from reading the thread.

also the one right before it was those wierd hunch back super humans and nirti trying to get jonas to agree to becoming super human was cool

ive decided to check out atanlis when i finish this since i think im getting close but ive heard anything not sg1 / atlantis sucks

snergle fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 25, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

i also just watched it and i bust out laughing when the china ambassador says the chineese govt doesnt hide things from its populace. it has to be the second funniest political joke in the entire seris right after the american govt doesnt interfer in other peoples problems. SINCE WHEN!!? well since this administration.

i found it kind of boring just like the last clip show and also didnt have lucas in it and i feel like it should have. but thor at the end and that joke saved it.

lol Supreme Commander

*dejected Kinsey

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Every time I see Jaffa Cakes at Aldi I shout "Jaffa, KREE" in my deepest, warbliest Goa'uld voice. And then I see cupcakes and go "individually frosted cakes!!" :haw:

The manager's getting real sick of my nerd poo poo

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

snergle posted:

i also just watched it and i bust out laughing when the china ambassador says the chineese govt doesnt hide things from its populace. it has to be the second funniest political joke in the entire series right after the american govt doesnt interfere in other peoples problems. SINCE WHEN!!? well since this administration.

i found it kind of boring just like the last clip show and also didnt have jonas in it and i feel like it should have. but thor at the end and that joke saved it.

since daniel died these episodes have been kind of nice and im looking foward to the show down with anubis thats building and for the replicator chickens to come home to roost. i have gathered that daniel will be back soon from reading the thread.

also the one right before it was those wierd hunch back super humans and nirti trying to get jonas to agree to becoming super human was cool

ive decided to check out atanlis when i finish this since i think im getting close but ive heard anything not sg1 / atlantis sucks

Universe is good

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

redshirt posted:

Apophis shot first

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Biplane posted:

Universe is good

Universe is a great bit of world building and setup. It never really gets to do much with it. They just spend the first season and a half it feels like getting to know everyone and figure out ship systems so they can do a big plot arc finally show they are going go do a plot arc then pull the plug.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Its cancellation was a crime

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

snergle posted:

i also just watched it and i bust out laughing when the china ambassador says the chineese govt doesnt hide things from its populace. it has to be the second funniest political joke in the entire series right after the american govt doesnt interfere in other peoples problems. SINCE WHEN!!?

It's the best

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Every time I see Jaffa Cakes at Aldi I shout "Jaffa, KREE" in my deepest, warbliest Goa'uld voice. And then I see cupcakes and go "individually frosted cakes!!" :haw:

The manager's getting real sick of my nerd poo poo

There's a Mediterranean place in my mall named "Jaffa" and I was disappointed the cashier had no idea what I was talking about when I demanded he KREE!

Then I turned my hand device on the impudent wretch and got my meal for free. Good falafel!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Biplane posted:

A misdemeanor at worst

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Biplane posted:

Cancelling Atlantis and airing Universe in the same calendar year was a crime.

Universe sucks because Atlantis was sacrificed for it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the episode where tealc dreams reminded me of something i watched as a kid it was a twilight zone / outer limits shows or movie about an astronaut who wasnt sure if the life he was living was a dream or the nightmares he was having was the reality. in the life he was a hero who stoped the space spiders from invading earth and in the nightmare he is in his shuttle being slowly devoured by a space spider as his shuttle auto pilots back to earth. the spiders were not humanoid in any way it was just a giant spider from space its never explained how they work but its like a primal fear of mine to be unaware which dream / life is real and being unable to wake up.

its a pretty good episode though i think it would of been served better to cut fully cut the scene they show in the middle of the episode explaining whats going on or to expand on it and make it a question of which 3 realities is the real one

snergle fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 26, 2023

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

“Grace” S07E13 is one of the worst episodes made and was likely produced just so they could add the make out sesh to tv ad bumpers.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

well why not posted:

“Grace” S07E13 is one of the worst episodes made and was likely produced just so they could add the make out sesh to tv ad bumpers.

Looks like it worked

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Grace#Notes posted:

According to the DVD commentary for "Inauguration", "Grace" received the highest ratings of any television show on the Sci-Fi Channel, including all previous Stargate SG-1 episodes.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

snergle posted:

the episode where tealc dreams reminded me of something i watched as a kid it was a twilight zone / outer limits shows or movie about an astronaut who wasnt sure if the life he was living was a dream or the nightmares he was having was the reality. in the life he was a hero who stoped the space spiders from invading earth and in the nightmare he is in his shuttle being slowly devoured by a space spider as his shuttle auto pilots back to earth. the spiders were not humanoid in any way it was just a giant spider from space its never explained how they work but its like a primal fear of mine to be unaware which dream / life is real and being unable to wake up.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is Outer Limits, episode "Tempests" (S03E09). Saw that as a kid and it was pretty hosed up :ohdear:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

well why not posted:

Grace is such a weird episode. I posted about it in this thread during my rewatch but it comes out of absolute nowhere. An alien race so advance that can do all kinds of weird poo poo, but they never encounter it again (in our galaxy) and has seemingly insurmountable technology. It doesn't fit at all with the setting.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

Grace is such a weird episode. I posted about it in this thread during my rewatch but it comes out of absolute nowhere. An alien race so advance that can do all kinds of weird poo poo, but they never encounter it again (in our galaxy) and has seemingly insurmountable technology. It doesn't fit at all with the setting.

As always, Rodney did it better:heysexy:

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Watching Stargate: Universe and French Stewart is in this episode but not as the character he is in the original movie. Its weird.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Only Skaara and Kasuf reprise their roles from the movie. The original plan for SG-1 was for Skaara to be on team SG-1, but Alexis Cruz didn't want to commit that fully. Dunno if it would have worked as well.

Besides French Stewart there are only two other actors that were in the movie and also later Stargate bits. Richard Kind is the translator that's miffed when movie Jackson figures out "Star Gate" immediately and asks "who translated this lol" and also a con-man in the Pegasus Galaxy in SG Atlantis, and Kelly Vint Castro plays young Catherine Langford at the beginning of the movie (and finds the Ra amulet) then in Stargate Origins she's some American Agent that meets that version of Catherine and admires the amulet.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Leandros posted:

As always, Rodney did it better:heysexy:

Yeah but he made Carter show cleavage, the dork

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is it just me or do Earth ships get the poo poo kicked out of them fairly regularly?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It was funny when the Korolev got wiped in its first and only battle (not that even the Asgard ships seemed to fare much better).

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

redshirt posted:

Is it just me or do Earth ships get the poo poo kicked out of them fairly regularly?

Feels like they should though at least till the Asgard tech comes into play. We're new to building space ships after all.

Well, except the x302 or whatever is wildly OP for whatever reason compared to the capital ships.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Feels like they should though at least till the Asgard tech comes into play. We're new to building space ships after all.

Well, except the x302 or whatever is wildly OP for whatever reason compared to the capital ships.

Well, the 302 is a death glider knock-off, so it's based on a "proven" platform

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OAquinas posted:

Well, the 302 is a death glider knock-off, so it's based on a "proven" platform

it tries to fly home without an FTL drive. Or maybe it's a slow one? I now seem to remember some kind of window opening and it dodging at the last minute.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Asgard tech is there from the beginning though, isn't it? Shields, anti-gravity, hyperspace engine, these were all from the Asgard on the Prometheus. I think.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

pixaal posted:

it tries to fly home without an FTL drive. Or maybe it's a slow one? I now seem to remember some kind of window opening and it dodging at the last minute.
That was the X-301, when it turned out Apophis had trapped his gliders with recall devices. The X-302 is only based on the gliders rather than cannibalizing two crashed ones like the X-301 was.

But yeah, the X-301 set off on a ballistic course that Teal'c estimated would take "several hundred years". As to the window dodging, I think you're thinking of the first hyperdrive testing of the X-302.

stringless fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 27, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

redshirt posted:

Asgard tech is there from the beginning though, isn't it? Shields, anti-gravity, hyperspace engine, these were all from the Asgard on the Prometheus. I think.

Some of that was tacked on afterwards, I think. The reason Thor comes to Earth during Disclosure is to outfit the Prometheus with Asgard designed weaponry and shields. And then in Unending they give everything to the Tau'ri.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It’s kind of crazy that the asgard and goauld have been in this stalemate for centuries and then the Tauri come in and within 8 or so years completely break it apart and the asgard go all in.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

It’s kind of crazy that the asgard and goauld have been in this stalemate for centuries and then the Tauri come in and within 8 or so years completely break it apart and the asgard go all in.

And then the Asgard are like, well, we're out. Here's our stuff. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

redshirt posted:

And then the Asgard are like, well, we're out. Here's our stuff. Good luck!

If there's gonna be a big loving battle between good and bad gods, and only the "lesser" humans survive - well, that's Norse mythology 101!