Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he is but his brain is broken in an interesting way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pentyne posted:

tons of those turd brained posters always trying to pull a Columbo reveal by doing precisely 3 seconds of checking before making extremely bold and wild declarations

hmm yes, Richard Spencer leader of the American Alt-Right is also a prolific Fallout NV mod developer

a map with windmills called La Mancha is just secret coded nazi messages wake up sheeple

I was reading over that thread again and wow this is a great post and a great ban reason:

Bogart posted:

Jesus Christ, can you bunch of jackasses take it to your QCS jerkoff discord? I don't give a drat about you all posturing over who's the most woke. It was reasonable to be concerned about the name of a prominent neo-Nazi in a fan mod, in a community not necessarily known for their PC-ness. More information should've been gathered before the accusation was made, like, say, googling the names all together. But the response to it, all of you dipshits crawling over one another to prove that you are the most unwilling to accuse people, loving sucks. Talk about modding. Not about this horrible thread.

ArfJason posted:

i think its much simpler than that in that hes a loving loser and idiot.

Fungah! posted:

i think he's a god drat idiot baby mostly

Also valid theories

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017
*jello biafra voice* nazi devs nazi devs nazi devs OOF YIKES nazi devs nazi devs nazi devs OOF YIKES

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

tons of those turd brained posters always trying to pull a Columbo reveal by doing precisely 3 seconds of checking before making extremely bold and wild declarations

hmm yes, Richard Spencer leader of the American Alt-Right is also a prolific Fallout NV mod developer

a map with windmills called La Mancha is just secret coded nazi messages wake up sheeple

the yikes nazi devs guy makes me lol because he was a coder for the TGstation branch of SS13 and was a stupid idiot who everyone hated there too, and this was like 10+ years ago.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nazi devs.... Lazy devs.... Tired of the bullshit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the blizzlols thread thought a map maker was a nazi because a part of it was shaped like a swastika

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the blizzlols thread thought a map maker was a nazi because a part of it was shaped like a swastika

They were right.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

londonarbuckle posted:

*jello biafra voice* nazi devs nazi devs nazi devs OOF YIKES nazi devs nazi devs nazi devs OOF YIKES

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

charging at windmills at a map that literally was named after the charging at windmills novel

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
my experience with the nes legend of zelda was going just fine until i got the map in the third dungeon... miyamoto and the rest of the nintendaxis powers have shown us their true colors

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Hitting the ocarina and belting out a perfect rendition of Wagner

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

My absolute favorite thing about this incident was that this FNV mod eventually imploded because it was full of weird sex poo poo and the lead dev was a pedo or something similar. So these goons managed to get themselves worked into a tizzy about the only thing related to that mod that wasn't actually heinous (a guy named Richard Spencer worked on it).

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pentyne posted:

Wait till these goons learn about the meat tenderizer powder that's my family's home remedy for mosquito bites.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Becoming a Nazi because I got hypnotised by the Warcraft minimap

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Is this why Games hates Nintendo so much?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Every day I wake up I see Nazi poo poo all over the place. There’s just so much of it I can’t believe people don’t see it.

No I won’t be examining why I see so much Nazi poo poo in my everyday life.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

so Link is going into a building shaped like a swastika and killing everyone inside. I don't see the problem

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There was a dust up a few months ago on this forum because Ichigo's sword has a Manji hilt in Bleach...Yikes..Secret nazis!!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Antivehicular posted:

EDIT: wow, that is an impressively weaksauce apology even by the relevant standards

right after he said that was when he started defending it and saying he was just reciprocating the ableist oppression laid upon the trump thread

i had nothing to do with the trump thread and have only ever been nice to smarxist. the first time i talked to him was a few months back, he thought i was part of some cabal out to get him, like coordinating to harass him off the forums or something :dafuq:
i told him i barely know who he is besides b&r and the comic stuff, which i was gone for, and have no problem with him. i suggested he might be seeing hostility where there was none, reacting to that imagined hostility, and then finding himself surrounded by hostility. which i was and am right about btw.

after first interacting with him, he started randomly taking shots at me with increasing frequency and intensity and the entire time i have had no loving clue what his problem is. asked him in pm a couple times and hes like "oh i'm just playin around :)" and id go 'oh okay' & extend the benefit of the doubt, then hed say something more venomous and malicious out of nowhere. i recognize that one
i have been exceptionally kind and patient with dude. gone above and beyond in not reciprocating the garbage behavior he's shown towards me, because if i was struggling like that i'd want someone to do the same - from what i can see, he mistook that as weakness to attack and exploit, a way to take me down a notch or get under my skin and show he's nobody to mess with or...whatever. mad that he couldn't get the desired 'dance puppet' reaction.

i very strongly suggest he log off and get some perspective cuz he seems to be fixating unhealthily on things that hold no chance to benefit him & will most likely regret all of what he's doing if he doesn't already.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Saddest Rhino posted:

charging at windmills at a map that literally was named after the charging at windmills novel

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this stuff is always really funny to me because with a square map that has four way symmetry and gridded terrain, it's hard to not have a swastika show up somewhere either on the map or negative space of it
sometimes mapmakers have to do a lot of terrain texture and decoration work to break shapes up and the rts mapmaking process requiring allocating time to the buildup of swastika debt that needs cleaned out is lol imo

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FirstnameLastname posted:

this stuff is always really funny to me because with a square map that has four way symmetry and gridded terrain, it's hard to not have a swastika show up somewhere either on the map or negative space of it
sometimes mapmakers have to do a lot of terrain texture and decoration work to break shapes up and the rts mapmaking process requiring allocating time to the buildup of swastika debt that needs cleaned out is lol imo

Maybe these guys are angling for Chief Swastika Spotter jobs on these dev teams

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

imagining a blizzlols poster booting up wolfenstein 3d for the first time and immediately bursting into tears

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Plant MONSTER. posted:

my experience with the nes legend of zelda was going just fine until i got the map in the third dungeon... miyamoto and the rest of the nintendaxis powers have shown us their true colors

Is what I say!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Kazinsal posted:

imagining a blizzlols poster booting up wolfenstein 3d for the first time and immediately bursting into tears

plays thehunter call of the wild and sees the button to whistle for your dog and that there's a map in germany and realizes the chuds have already won

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
we live in a world where I could easily believe it's true and therefore,

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
no one i know or care about was hurt in the slightest by these panicked and ignorant accusations so it was completely fine and besides I might have been correct

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

That's why Lost Temple is so genius!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There was a dust up a few months ago on this forum because Ichigo's sword has a Manji hilt in Bleach...Yikes..Secret nazis!!

it's extremely hosed up his bankai has the symbol for ban on it

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My absolute favorite thing about this incident was that this FNV mod eventually imploded because it was full of weird sex poo poo and the lead dev was a pedo or something similar. So these goons managed to get themselves worked into a tizzy about the only thing related to that mod that wasn't actually heinous (a guy named Richard Spencer worked on it).

If I recall correctly, the weird sex poo poo and pedo dev were unrelated as well. People started complaining about the sex stuff and the team promised they'd patch it out, then the lead dev was exposed and the whole thing just shut down.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

smarxist rules because he sometimes posts normally makes jokes and then the rest of the time he's melting down about something and you have no idea what and he's lashing out at everyone like a rabid dog lol

It rules.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

sweet geek swag posted:

If I recall correctly, the weird sex poo poo and pedo dev were unrelated as well. People started complaining about the sex stuff and the team promised they'd patch it out, then the lead dev was exposed and the whole thing just shut down.

There's no drama quite like game mod dev drama.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

sweet geek swag posted:

the weird sex stuff was the result of like 30+ people working on the mod and nobody vetting anybody else's contributions so it couldn't have gone any other way really

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

i suggested he might be seeing hostility where there was none, reacting to that imagined hostility, and then finding himself surrounded by hostility. which i was and am right about btw.

This is the vibe he gives off constantly

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ArfJason posted:

i think its much simpler than that in that hes a loving loser and idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
smarxist going after ohtori akio is, somehow, a bridge too far for me. at least before he generated a killer arfjason comic