Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Dutch bike riders somehow developed car brain.

as the apex predator of the road disappears another takes their place...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

It doesn't matter though. The issue isn't whoever is Hitler, the issue is the millions who desperately want to vote for one.

There's also guys like this rear end in a top hat : (arnold karskens)

Who basically just started a dutch Fox News (that luckily doesn't do really well... yet) and is somewhat of a presence on twitter, probably writes for Geenstijl as well i would guess

E; :thunk:

heard u like girls has issued a correction as of 00:32 on Nov 24, 2023

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
what kind of a retarded rear end name is geert

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

slave to my cravings posted:

what kind of a retarded rear end name is geert
Gerard, Gérard, Gerardo, Gerald, Gerd, Gerhard, Gerhardt, Gerhardus, Gerrit, Gerry, Geert, Gert, Gertje, Gherardo, Girard, Guérard, Jerry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

its time to liberate europe imo

Been thinking this. But first I think NATO should start a hot war with China.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jerry Wild

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Didn't Geert pick up a bunch of his philosophy from an Israeli moshav in the 1980s? :thunk:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRvmnkRj/

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7304708105995029792

e2: there we go

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 12:11 on Nov 24, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

thank god they don't so I won't be subjected to CCP propaganda

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

crepeface posted:

thank god they don't so I won't be subjected to CCP propaganda

worse: Dutch succ propaganda

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

clogmunnism

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Institute for Human Rights released a new report detailing immigrant experiences with racism in Denmark and it's even worse than one would expect. Numbers are from the past year.

https://menneskeret.dk/udgivelser/oplevet-etnisk-diskrimination-danmark

quote:

Key figures from the report:
  • 84% of ethnic minority persons report that they've experienced discrimination or prejudice due to their ethnic background.
  • 65% report that they've experienced illegal discrimination due to their ethnic background.
  • 48% of those who've sent an application report that they've experienced having it rejected based on their ethnic background, particularly as it pertains to jobs, training, homes and banking.
  • 49% report that they've received worse service due to their ethnic background, particularly as it pertains to shopping, dining, healthcare and education.
  • 28% report that they've been denied entry to places otherwise open to the public due to their ethnic background, particularly as it pertains to nightlife.
  • 29% report that they've been stopped by police without any apparent cause other than their ethnic background.
  • 12% report that they've been subjected to violence or threats due to their ethnic background. Victims of violence report that bystanders rarely intervene.
  • 11% of victims of discrimination report that they've lodged a complaint afterwards, particularly because many don't believe it will make a difference.
  • 55% report that they've altered their conduct in public due to their ethnic background. Many adapt how they walk, speak or appear, or refrain from speaking their family's native language in public. Some report that they've changed their names or refrain from wearing religious symbols.
  • 38% report to some, high or very high degree that they've considered leaving Denmark due to their experiences with discrimination or prejudice.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SplitSoul posted:

The Institute for Human Rights released a new report detailing immigrant experiences with racism in Denmark and it's even worse than one would expect. Numbers are from the past year.

https://menneskeret.dk/udgivelser/oplevet-etnisk-diskrimination-danmark

some relevant recent studies and articles
https://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2023/being-black-eu

quote:

Being Black in the EU – Experiences of people of African descent

FRA's first Being Black in the EU report exposed widespread and entrenched racism against people of African descent in Europe. Now updated with new data, this report revisits the situation revealing persistent racial discrimination, harassment and violence. Overall, experiences of racial discrimination increased in the EU countries since 2016, reaching as high as 77%. The lack of progress is alarming despite binding anti-discrimination law in the EU since 2000 and significant EU policy developments since then.

https://www.dw.com/en/racism-in-germany-is-part-of-everyday-life/a-61700339

quote:

Most Germans recognize that racism exists in their society, affecting not only minorities but everybody who lives here. The country's first National Discrimination and Racism report has found some surprising results.

Have you ever been a victim of racism? In a recent survey, 22% of people living in Germany answered "yes" to this question. Researchers from the German Center for Integration and Migration Research (DeZIM) conducted 5,000 telephone interviews from April to August 2021. They also analyzed media coverage, academic papers and legal documents.

Their findings were published in the institute's first nationwide study entitled "Racist Realities — How Germany Deals with Racism." It is part of the National Discrimination and Racism Monitor (NaDiRa) and was presented by DeZIM director Naika Foroutan on Thursday in Berlin. (https://www.rassismusmonitor.de/studie-rassistische-realitaeten/)

"We were really surprised that 90% said there is racism in Germany," she said, adding that the researchers were also surprised that about half agreed with the statement "We live in a racist society." That indicates people have an awareness of institutional and structural racism, she said.

The study focused on attitudes toward six groups: Jews, Muslims, Sinti and Roma, Black people, Asians and Eastern Europeans. It found that people experienced discrimination based on their skin and hair color, but also because they wore a headscarf or had a foreign-sounding name.

The report also discusses phenomena the study team described as "gradation" in relation to discrimination. For example, when it comes to discrimination in the labor or housing market, the researchers found that "when it affects Jews or Black people, it is more likely to be described as racist than when it involves Sinti and Roma or Muslims."

Almost half of the respondents said they believed that human "races" exist, despite this having long been debunked by science. This view was held disproportionately by older participants in the survey. One-third of respondents said they believed that in general certain ethnic groups were more industrious than others.

One-third of those surveyed said victims of racism were "oversensitive." About 45% said they believed that "political correctness" and opposition to racism restricted freedom of expression. While the majority in Germany recognizes that racism exists, it is seen as part of everyday life. Almost 65% of people in Germany assume that state authorities practice racist discrimination.

Racism cuts across all social groups

"Acknowledging racism does not mean that you are anti-racist," Foroutan said. And those who experience racism "don't behave any less racist" than others.

Racism is not a question of education or origin, and victims of racism can also be perpetrators, the researchers found.

It is more a matter of hierarchy, observed Foroutan, who sees parallels to the findings in gender research. "Racism and sexism theoretically play out on the same level," she concluded.

Equal opportunities for migrants?

Family Minister Lisa Paus, a Green party politician, described the results of the report as in part "shocking."

The study found that a higher level of formal education does not protect against racist discrimination.

"So racism has nothing to do with successful integration," the family minister concluded.

70% of those surveyed said they were willing to take action against racism. Young people in particular are committed to combating racism and less likely to accept it, Foroutan explained.

"Germany knows about its racism problem," said the Federal Government Commissioner for Racism, Reem Alabali-Radovan, of the Social Democratic Party, after the publication of the report. The Racism Monitor is an important step toward change, she added.

What does it mean to be Black in Germany?

At the press conference, Family Minister Paus stressed that she expected the planned Democracy Promotion Act to provide "more permanent structures for civil society engagement against extremism and racism." The legislation, which is currently being drawn up, aims to provide a basis for the promotion and funding of grassroots initiatives that combat extremism in the country.

The National Discrimination and Racism Monitor is intended to provide a database and benchmark for policymakers to take action to combat racism. A fresh survey is to be conducted every two years, provided that the budget committee approves funding for it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
If you want a real conundrum, I've read so many loving interviews these last 2 weeks of migrants and Muslims in NL who either considered voting or actually voted for one of the explicitly fash nativist & anti-Islam parties.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Orange Devil posted:

If you want a real conundrum, I've read so many loving interviews these last 2 weeks of migrants and Muslims in NL who either considered voting or actually voted for one of the explicitly fash nativist & anti-Islam parties.

I saw the name Dilan and I was like "oh?" and then clicked Dilan Yeşilgöz and I was like "oh."

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

mawarannahr posted:

I saw the name Dilan and I was like "oh?" and then clicked Dilan Yeşilgöz and I was like "oh."

Ladder kicking is a time-honored tradition all around the world

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

This part is key:

quote:

In 2022, Yesilgöz delivered the annual Hendrik Jan Schoo lecture entitled "Doing What It Takes to Protect Our Democratic Rule of Law" in which she criticised wokeism, far-right politicians, and conspiracy theorists, and argued that the Dutch constitutional state is allegedly under pressure from left-wing activism.[26][27] Yesilgöz considers Frits Bolkestein as her main liberal role model.[28]

Bolkestein btw is directly influenced by American libertarians, and was also one of the main influences of people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Wilders.

The whole point of the lecture was to equate "wokism" (which was left undefined) to the far right.

When you think about it, NL remains a very tolerant country; anyone regardless of background or ethnicity is allowed to radicalize into a fash here.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

mawarannahr posted:

turkish diaspora sucks rear end why are they all like this
"yeah my father was a minority communist dissident who had to flee Turkey anyway I've developed a new political ideology called anaracho-bozkurtism where the state is replaced by a corporate tribunal of all the american fastfood chains whose will is enforced by a cia-trained ethnic militia, heil hitler"

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

China has decided to implement an unilateral visa-free policy for ordinary passport holders from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and, Malaysia. Between December 1, 2023 and November 30, 2024 passport holders from these six countries will be able to stay in China for 15 days without a visa for business, tourism, family visit or transit purposes.

The common payment solutions AliPay and WeChat Pay started accepting international credit cards in July 2023.

Jon Pod Van Damm has issued a correction as of 03:32 on Nov 28, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

owns

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

China has decided to implement an unilateral visa-free policy for ordinary passport holders from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and, Malaysia. Between December 1, 2023 and November 30, 2024 passport holders from these six countries will be able to stay in China for 15 days without a visa for business, tourism, family visit or transit purposes.

The common payment solutions AliPay and WeChat Pay started accepting international credit cards in July 2023.

WTF. I have a German passport, I’m supposed to go to China in January, and I live in the Midwest. I was just ramping up to figure out how to handle the visa. Thanks chairman Xi?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

turkish diaspora sucks rear end why are they all like this
"yeah my father was a minority communist dissident who had to flee Turkey anyway I've developed a new political ideology called anaracho-bozkurtism where the state is replaced by a corporate tribunal of all the american fastfood chains whose will is enforced by a cia-trained ethnic militia, heil hitler"

"Turk has no friend but Turk" vs "Turk will gently caress over Turk abroad" (gurbette...)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

morothar posted:

WTF. I have a German passport, I’m supposed to go to China in January, and I live in the Midwest. I was just ramping up to figure out how to handle the visa. Thanks chairman Xi?

Better hope no Chinese rich person gets arrested or mildly inconvenienced in the US during your visit, American CIA operative.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Malaysia to allow visa-free entry to Chinese, Indian nationals

Malaysia will also allow visa-free travel for Chinese and Indian nationals through the end of 2024. Thailand likewise is waiving visas for Chinese and Indian citizens.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

waiving visa requirements hits one of my "yay the world may be getting better" notes. you love to see it, folks

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Better hope no Chinese rich person gets arrested or mildly inconvenienced in the US during your visit, American CIA operative.

:dafuq:

yeah those drat chinese get treated so well in america

edit: china gbs thread poster :roflolmao:

crepeface has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Nov 28, 2023

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

crepeface posted:

:dafuq:

yeah those drat chinese get treated so well in america

edit: china gbs thread poster :roflolmao:

Post brough to you by a whole bunch of load-bearing assumptions.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

germany: "do NOT read the jakarta method"

(yea this was prob about his new book tho)

https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/1729519815293858088

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

the ramallah method

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Germany has already moved beyond that. stop living in the past

https://x.com/schircksb/status/1724719135127445894

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

i say swears online posted:

waiving visa requirements hits one of my "yay the world may be getting better" notes. you love to see it, folks

europeans treat people from asia and africa like poo poo when they want to travel there and should be treated like poo poo in return

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I would just not be an American CIA operative

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This ain't gbs you strange Finnish imp

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I would just not be an American CIA operative

Straight from the CIA handbook.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Straight from the CIA handbook.

av/post combo

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

i say swears online posted:

why was Baudet so sidelined? I dunno how he let geert steal the edgy crown from his head like thst

The Dutch like their fascism subtle and to inch the Overton window to the right. Baudet is this weird combination of elitist and very obviously Nazi that makes most people uncomfortable. His fixed base consists of I would say people who view PVV/Geert Wilders as the working man's populist, rambling uninformed nonsense and lowbrow one-liners, preferring the educated incel with the big words vibe of FvD

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the impression i get is that baudet appeals quite specifically to people who like a lot of the ideological substance of right-wing populism but feel put off by the "populism" part of it, i.e. actual fascists for the most part

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

the gently caress is this poo poo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
put the url into a botnet along with names and addresses of all the EU politicians, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

my dad posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo

imagine what kind of absolute degenerate you would have to be in order to become a willing snitch for the eu