Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Are there any similar guides for the other classes? My buds are all envious now of this guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

i forgot about the ogrynomicon, ty

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm sorry. I'm the guy who kill steals the crusher with my quickdraw pistol.

It'd be cool if a single brain burst would actually kill a crusher.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I like to use the zealot Chorus offensively. Mad dash into a group of herries who're about to get froggy, mash Chorus, turkey shoot ensues.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Using Stealth defensively as a Zealot is the either the most clutch or the most rear end in a top hat thing you can do. It makes all of the enemies turn and go after your teammates, which either lets you pop out get in some sick back stabs and bleeds while kiting them away from your team, or you doom your team with all of the extra poo poo you pulled. Whoops

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Exodee posted:

If you lose track of any of this during battle you can always check where your weapon ends up at after an attack; if it ends up on the left side of your screen then you always get the relentless sideways heavy, and otherwise you get the overhead. I also use this trick on some other weapons like the eviscerator though they have different particulars.

You can also just cancel your string with a momentary block. This is useful for a lot of weapons if you want the early part of the attack string consistently

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Lassitude posted:

I like to use the zealot Chorus offensively. Mad dash into a group of herries who're about to get froggy, mash Chorus, turkey shoot ensues.
Yea that's how I tend to use it as well. Doesn't even matter too much if your teammates don't make use of it, the enemies keep cowering in fear for a good while afterwards for you to bonk them.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

withoutclass posted:

Are there any similar guides for the other classes? My buds are all envious now of this guide.

There's this for psykers, but it's not quite as good and some of the recommendations are a little odd.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Using Stealth defensively as a Zealot is the either the most clutch or the most rear end in a top hat thing you can do. It makes all of the enemies turn and go after your teammates, which either lets you pop out get in some sick back stabs and bleeds while kiting them away from your team, or you doom your team with all of the extra poo poo you pulled. Whoops

It's good for getting up people surrounded by mobs too.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

tangy yet delightful posted:

It'd be cool if a single brain burst would actually kill a crusher.

If Brain Burst is going to keep its slow default cast speed it really needs to just always one shot every enemy in the game that doesn't have a monstrosity health meter at every difficulty level

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Chorus is insanely good but I often find that just like Smite, my groups will just stand there and stare rather than focus down the crusher or pick up the fallen guy. It's like the opposite of how Brain Burst glow would tell people "shoot this guy right now"

I just got my zealot to level 30 and yeah this keeps happening to me too. Also people hate standing in gold fire but love standing in green fire.

I wanna try a martyrdom build but I don't have any +wound curios. Is my only option to check the store every hour to see if it spawns one?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Further Reading posted:

I just got my zealot to level 30 and yeah this keeps happening to me too. Also people hate standing in gold fire but love standing in green fire.

I wanna try a martyrdom build but I don't have any +wound curios. Is my only option to check the store every hour to see if it spawns one?
You're only going to get them from checking in with Brunt every hour, checking in with Melk every day or as a very low chance of likelyhood reward for a mission completion.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Out of all the gear bellyaches I think finding wound curios will be the easiest by a long mile. Its still a crummy system I feel you.

Brain Burst is like the hammer specials, by the time it's fired up when there is a single crusher another class already killed.

And when there's a bunch of crushers and you can actually use it you're like fuckkkkk this is super slow and ineffective hope everyone survives

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
One way to change it that might alleviate the frustration of using it would be to change it so you don't need to fully charge it to cast it, how much charge you have instead affects both how much damage the burst does and how much peril it generates

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I use BB on my Purg build and when Crusher packs show up I mostly start puffing hoping to stagger while someone else finishes them instead. :shrug:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Itd be perfect if two BB came out slightly faster or again if it could just one shot on higher diffs and was a bit slower maybe

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Is there an option or a mod that puts the same at-a-glance icons by your name & health bars on the left that your teammates have? It's just a bit irritating needing to glance to the left side of the screen then to the right to do a quick team inventory when one look should do. It'd also be cool to know if your ammo was at yellow, orange, or red levels like you can with your pals. I've pilfered more ammo boxes that I didn't actually need than I care to admit.

e: Here are some scribbles I made on a screenshot

Anyway, this is my operative Grip. I like him a lot. Say something nice about him

Thumbs up to you too, buddy

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 28, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It doesn't bother me (much) but I can't believe they're still selling the cool costumes for a shitload of real money lol

I got the steel legion one with my complimentary deluxe edition fun bucks and the other costumes have some cool options but there's no way I'll ever buy one. I say this as someone who doesn't mind a micro transaction but these are pretty macro prices.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I've probably spent 80$ on cosmetic currency. I like the game I want to support it and make my dudes look cool.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
what's so hard to believe, yeah of course they'll sell the cool poo poo for a premium. it's practically the GW playbook, making army variants with sick aesthetics and then making them metal/pewter/forgeworld so they cost more than the usual plastic sprues

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Crackerjack posted:

Is there an option or a mod that puts the same at-a-glance icons by your name & health bars on the left that your teammates have? It's just a bit irritating needing to glance to the left side of the screen then to the right to do a quick team inventory when one look should do. It'd also be cool to know if your ammo was at yellow, orange, or red levels like you can with your pals. I've pilfered more ammo boxes that I didn't actually need than I care to admit.

e: Here are some scribbles I made on a screenshot

Anyway, this is my operative Grip. I like him a lot. Say something nice about him

Phone posting but check out "NumericUI" and "Ration Pack".

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Honestly i wish there was way more cosmetics, not doing model painting in any 40k game is a missed opportunity

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
like drat, of course they'd make badass poo poo like tallarn cost extra and chalk it up to unupdated models while cadians keep getting iterations on their poo poo, even when they loving blew up the planet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

toasterwarrior posted:

what's so hard to believe, yeah of course they'll sell the cool poo poo for a premium. it's practically the GW playbook, making army variants with sick aesthetics and then making them metal/pewter/forgeworld so they cost more than the usual plastic sprues

I guess to clarify I believe it and as I said I don't mind it much. It's just the cost of the items seems out there to me (granted I don't play many games with mtx maybe it's normal). I'm sure there's a carefully crafted breakpoint where you get the most dollars, but it's beyond what I'd pay.

Also I play 40k I'm not averse to wasting money on this stuff lol. Who knows though the game is great now so I might be tempted to toss them a few bucks if I stick with it. The prices as they stand are beyond what I'd drop on cosmetics as an impulse tho.

E: I'll also cop the prices existing because of gamepass but I bought the game so maybe that's a degree of incongruence as well.

Pharmaskittle posted:

Honestly i wish there was way more cosmetics, not doing model painting in any 40k game is a missed opportunity

Yeah I also wish there were more. Preferably to earn as unlocks but more is more.

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 28, 2023

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Exodee posted:

Yea that's how I tend to use it as well. Doesn't even matter too much if your teammates don't make use of it, the enemies keep cowering in fear for a good while afterwards for you to bonk them.

Yeah, that's my go-to strategy, too. I normally don't mind playing with pubs, but it's not cool when I've got a chaos spawn cowering in a corner for a few seconds and everyone else takes the opportunity to admire it instead of maybe throwing some grenades

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Surge staff has turned out a lot better than I expected. It’s a weird weapon, like an auto-aiming slug shotgun; you use it to blow up specials and elites at mid-range. The buffs they gave to the primary fire help a lot.

It’s still generally kind of mediocre, and might be the worst anti-horde weapon in the game, so bring an Illisi. On the other hand, getting crit kills with it causes your target’s entire body to explode in a massive cloud of chunky salsa :fuckoff:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The axe loses value at higher difficulties when you really need to get the mobs out of your face right now.

What difficulty are we talking? I just did 6 successful auric damnation missions in a row with no problems. Probably some of my smoother runs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Does auric give you different rewards or just crank the difficulty?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Outside of Maelstrom, all Auric does is guarantee high intensity and then usually stack another modifier on top of it. The rewards just match the modifiers - an Auric high-intensity damnation mission is worth the same as a non-Auric high-intensity damnation mission.

Auric Maelstrom adds a bunch of wacky modifiers that aren’t available in non-Auric Maelstrom, I believe.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Crackerjack posted:

U r very pretty friendo

(side note: I don't like that they changed the ogryn convict garb to have a big leather patch on one shoulder since I took this)

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 28, 2023

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

oh, oh wow

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yeah I pretty much switched to chorus permanently on my zealot. The charge needs a little something else to be nearly as useful.

Charge gives crit and armor scaledown to like four full seconds of gunfire. I have a build I'm afraid to run that enables guaranteed crit anointed bolter magdump, it gives up so many teamwork talents but the bolter fire is maybe the most damage you can do all at once with anything.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Crackerjack posted:

you come here often, big man?

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

tangy yet delightful posted:

Phone posting but check out "NumericUI" and "Ration Pack".

Thanks for the suggestions! NumericUI has some good stuff in it.

Finally got that personal ammo icon I was itching to see on my screen an-- Wait, what's this..?

Aha, I grogging knew it! My red numbered ammo count on the right means something different than my teammates' red colored ammo icons on the left. Meaning my red is their orange and their red is my out-of-ammo panic mode. I knew there was an incongruity there, but not knowing how exactly it all broke down bugged me. Feels good to now have the numbers. I mean, well... I appreciate how difficult designing a clean and readable UI like Darktide's must be, and I also appreciate mods that let me make a mess out of all that hard work to satisfy my brain.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While I always hate bringing out the comparison, the premium cosmetics are basically DRG's cosmetic DLC except Fatshark made it accessible to buy in game and uses premium currency because Fatshark was future proofing for their console release. Hallowette is also one of the best characters to boot and needs to be a narrator in more missions.

There are some pretty sick cosmetics both for characters and weapons. I do wish Fatshark would add more free cosmetics that folks could work on to earn though, the two current outfits are solid but a third or fourth would be awesome.

Reiley posted:

Charge gives crit and armor scaledown to like four full seconds of gunfire. I have a build I'm afraid to run that enables guaranteed crit anointed bolter magdump, it gives up so many teamwork talents but the bolter fire is maybe the most damage you can do all at once with anything.

Charge only gives your melee a guaranteed crit, it does not give ranged attacks crits but the armor downgrade is def useful for guns. Does give extra fire rate though!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I just started playing again last night almost exactly a year since shelving it and... It runs now? And is fun?? And I didn't want to go to bed when I did because I wanted one more run?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Shoehead posted:

I just started playing again last night almost exactly a year since shelving it and... It runs now? And is fun?? And I didn't want to go to bed when I did because I wanted one more run?

ya

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Well it runs now for some people :v: My performance still isn't good, but at least minimal crashes, which is good enough!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

While I think the choice of setting they went with was the right one, how cool the combat and weapons feel in this game makes me wish they had done a vermintide style unlikely fellowship of radically different heroes. Thinking about how sick this art team would have made the effects of a necrons gauss cannon as it vaporized traitor guard and melted them into skeletons, or getting to use a warp spiders monofilament cloud gun in first person, would have been neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

There's a hotfix. It's for a few veteran things, mostly the tag keystone. It didn't add the PC cosmetics.