Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Szarrukin posted:

What mods could you recommend that are compatible with existing savegame?

I'm trying to avoid downloading too many mods while I get used to the base mechanics, but the ones I've subscribed to are mainly quality of life improvements for the UI:

*CK3 Enhanced Icons
*Clear Notifications
*Brighter Text Colors
*Better UI Scaling
*VIET Events
*Nameplates

The last one is especially good for accusation events, like "X, son of Y, accused Z of adultery with A!" where it can become annoying trying to piece together who is doing what exactly. In any case, these all seem to work with existing save files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I guess I'm kind of weird compared to the reviews complaining about it, but I actually enjoy Friends and Foes and Guardians and Wards the most right now. They add events which make me feel more attached to the characters I'm playing and interacting with, whereas the Grand Tourney and Grand Feast notifications keep popping up despite not having enough money or opportunity to even bother with them.

I really wish they would fix this. Notifications are pointless if your options are "always on" or "always off."

And I think most of the whining about FnF and WnW are people complaining about paying five bucks for it as opposed to anyone actually disliking the content.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

binge crotching posted:

For sheer chaos and carnage you can't go wrong with Northern Lords

Northern Lords is worth it for the music alone, imo

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Recapping my Merryvale lineage so far:

Basically went into battle 3 times, lost a leg and died of my injuries, but managed to have a girl heir before I died. Spend a long time growing up from infancy to adulthood while my bitch mom queen regent kept trying to usurp power. Finally have her assassinated before coming of age, but by then my neighbors in Ireland have consolidated power and make it almost impossible to take more land on my own.

Start pumping out daughters like a machine, forge several alliances through betrothal and marriage, slowly manage to take over counties bit by bit until I break the back of my biggest neighbor. Somehow started a friendship with that ruler before he died.

Now at 36 I have like 6 daughters and a male heir. Just need to save more gold to create the title of Kingdom of Ireland and take over the de jure counties and duchies. Soon I'll have Merryvale in control of the entire island within a single lifetime. Not bad for a petty queen monarch!

Oh and I recently was haunted by a ghost taunting me about killing my mother from years back. Started exercising and self-flagellating to deal with the mounting stress of several of my friends dying in rapid succession and raising my multiple children to adulthood in medieval Europe.

Tl;Dr I found out the hard way that spamming the Befriend option on everybody is an easy to give my character a mental breakdown when their friends inevitably die. :v:

E: Is there a way to effectively deal with loss of control in multiple counties, or prevent the control loss in the first place? I don't know why my counties in this save file seem so unstable compared to the generic Murchad run. It's really drying up my potential tax revenues.

Also, when granting land to avoid going over the county limit, is it better to give it to vassals with good stats, unlanded courtiers/guests or my children? And which titles are better to grant than others? It's hard to tell which are more profitable or not when they're all zero or near zero control, despite my efforts to have the Marshall enforce control.

E2: come to think of it, Insularism managed to spread to all of my counties which is different from my standard Catholic faith. Is there a way to have my dynasty convert to Insularism to prevent a religion difference malus or is it better to go through and convert each county?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 27, 2023

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

E: Is there a way to effectively deal with loss of control in multiple counties, or prevent the control loss in the first place? I don't know why my counties in this save file seem so unstable compared to the generic Murchad run. It's really drying up my potential tax revenues.

Also, when granting land to avoid going over the county limit, is it better to give it to vassals with good stats, unlanded courtiers/guests or my children? And which titles are better to grant than others? It's hard to tell which are more profitable or not when they're all zero or near zero control, despite my efforts to have the Marshall enforce control.

E2: come to think of it, Insularism managed to spread to all of my counties which is different from my standard Catholic faith. Is there a way to have my dynasty convert to Insularism to prevent a religion difference malus or is it better to go through and convert each county?

Re: Control

1) Have a good seneschal.
2) The opener perk in the "Overseer" line of military traits - Serve the Crown
3) Having the "Authority" military lifestyle

With all three of those you can cut your growth from low to full control by a factor of ten. This is great when you have a lot of unremarkable counties that are in low control. I would only ever use my marshal's control growth ability when I've just captured a very high income territory, otherwise your marshal has better things to do.

Re: Conversion

You can right click on characters and select "demand conversion." They'll need a decent opinion of you to consider it. If you as a ruler convert a lot of your vassals and family will too at the same time. Then just land people of that faith and leave it to them to convert their territory. It takes awhile. I typically only ever bother converting my own personal holdings.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Recapping my Merryvale lineage so far:

Basically went into battle 3 times, lost a leg and died of my injuries, but managed to have a girl heir before I died. Spend a long time growing up from infancy to adulthood while my bitch mom queen regent kept trying to usurp power. Finally have her assassinated before coming of age, but by then my neighbors in Ireland have consolidated power and make it almost impossible to take more land on my own.

Start pumping out daughters like a machine, forge several alliances through betrothal and marriage, slowly manage to take over counties bit by bit until I break the back of my biggest neighbor. Somehow started a friendship with that ruler before he died.

Now at 36 I have like 6 daughters and a male heir. Just need to save more gold to create the title of Kingdom of Ireland and take over the de jure counties and duchies. Soon I'll have Merryvale in control of the entire island within a single lifetime. Not bad for a petty queen monarch!

Oh and I recently was haunted by a ghost taunting me about killing my mother from years back. Started exercising and self-flagellating to deal with the mounting stress of several of my friends dying in rapid succession and raising my multiple children to adulthood in medieval Europe.

Tl;Dr I found out the hard way that spamming the Befriend option on everybody is an easy to give my character a mental breakdown when their friends inevitably die. :v:

Religion first, I'd stay Catholic and just work on converting counties. A lot of different factors go into how long it takes to convert, but it shouldn't take that long since Insular and Catholic I think are just astray, not hostile. Unless you specifically want to be different, being Catholic like everyone else in Europe makes life easier. You can convert if you want to though.

There are several opinions on what to do with lands to grant out. Personally, I like to give them to my kids if possible, or at least to people of my dynasty, since that can start boosting how much renown you get a month. If you have multiple heirs where lands will get split up on succession, you can go to the succession window and see who is supposed to inherit which counties. You can then grant them those lands ahead of time, which helps with succession on death. In the early game, I will sometimes land my heir early because then those are lands that won't get split up on succession when I die, he gets to keep him. Landing your heir has pros and cons though as you lose a lot of control over their actions before your death. Some people avoid landing their primary heir at all costs, but I like to do it when I'm stuck in partition and confederate partition.

You can also grant lands to vassals to boost their opinion of you. If you're a king, a duke might be mad at you if you hold a county in their duchy, but will be super happy with you if you give it to him.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :)

Two more questions though:

1.) If the Marshal has better things to do than assert county control, then what is it? I thought assert control was the optimal play for that councilor?

2.) When granting titles to my children, does it make a difference if they are still literally children or have come of age?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I do train commanders a lot. Organize army is good if you’re in a war and strapped for cash as that one lowers the army gold upkeep.

You can hand out titles to adults or kids, but I try to wait until they’re adults. One thing I also do before handing out titles is marry or betroth them first. Once they’re landed, there’s a timer on how long you can select their spouse. After a while, they can find their own spouse, so selecting it for them before landing is what I always try to do. If you’re landing kids, also make sure you’ve selected their guardian first as well.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Didn't a goon make this mod?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterTheEndFanFork/comments/184f0jv/thanks_after_the_end_for_leading_me_to_god/

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Train commanders is my default, yeah, it makes your men at arms even stronger and randomly gives you good leaders.

I usually don't land kids until they're grown esp if I'd rather be in charge of their education. Also the events from childhood seem to stress out young rulers much easier and half the time it seems like if I land a kid they're a flagellant drunk with one leg by the time they're an adult.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Has anyone here had their character willingly commit suicide? As in, clicking the decisions tab for it? I don't know why you would do it except for some sick curiosity.

Besides that, what's a cheap and effective way to build a big fighting force? My army kind of sucks at like 1k levies and barely one level of Men-at-Arms. I'm trying to save money building the title for the Kingdom of Ireland and have been burning lots of Fame to pull in 2-3 allies per war to conquer most of the island, but I think it'd be more efficient to have my own capable army and relying on myself if possible instead.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Dallan Invictus posted:

Yeah, player characters have opinions of every other character the same way AIs do, and they're independent of the reverse opinion.

They don't MATTER since the player controls their actions but events and stuff will still affect them since of course AIs can trigger events or take decisions, and they're still tracked since of course you can switch characters at any time.

I've actually missed this a lot (it was in CK2 I believe). A lot of times I forget that I should be mad at (or grateful to) some dude and seeing my opinion of them would really help the role-playing aspect of the game.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Has anyone here had their character willingly commit suicide? As in, clicking the decisions tab for it? I don't know why you would do it except for some sick curiosity.

Sometimes you’re roleplaying a character and thry’ve had two wives and several children die, spent all their money losing a war to retain the crown and their brother reveals he’s a cannibal, then they get sick and miserable for years.

Sometimes you’re 70 and have a perfect heir and your character slips into a deep depression and it just seems like it fits.

It’s not guaranteed, like a 50/50 iirc, and when it fails it can lead to new friendships or long recoveries or permanent disabilities.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Being able to choose the exact date of succession can be pretty advantageous. You have a single heir who just came of age with good traits, you are in a calm period after a bunch of conquest, and you could easily handle the turmoil of succession? Good time to ascend a mountain and die.

I've found that religions that eliminate the suicide penalty to be quite useful.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Also sometimes you get given a lemon of a character, and I play on Ironman so I'm committed to riding that cretin out. So suicide is great!

As for getting an army in a hurry:
-Short-term, mercenaries will always be your best bet. It works on multiple levels, as that gold spent will result in larger levies if you're acquiring new lands, which hops you up a step on the snowball-timeline.
-Special Troops via decision, or founding a Holy Order. Probably doesn't apply to many playthroughs, often requires DLC events.
-Otherwise it's MAA, which cost money. So you need to build some gold buildings in your capital duchy for a while before actually getting forever-troops. Sorry.

Burning fame instead of prestige for offensive wars is very... aggressive. If you have to do it, you have to do it, but just make sure you'll have the money/infrastructure when it comes time to press the button that you're in such a hurry to reach.

edit: You have Onagers, right? Right? Waging serious war without siege weapons is a disaster, both in time and gold keeping all those levies raised.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 28, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Besides that, what's a cheap and effective way to build a big fighting force? My army kind of sucks at like 1k levies and barely one level of Men-at-Arms. I'm trying to save money building the title for the Kingdom of Ireland and have been burning lots of Fame to pull in 2-3 allies per war to conquer most of the island, but I think it'd be more efficient to have my own capable army and relying on myself if possible instead.

Yes one time when I got hit in the head with a lot and was more or less struck stupid for eternity, I decided to pull the plug.

The key to winning battles is to build up your men at arms, and to pick just one type and stick with it. In the early game, heavy infantry are the most effective, but expensive. Bowman are the best bang for the buck, but aren’t as strong. If your army is weak, I’d focus on gaining money and plowing that into building your MaA. You also need some siege weapons, and try to keep them updated when you unlock the innovations that allow for upgrades. Cutting down on siege time is one of the keys to winning wars. I’ve won wars in 1-2 months because of crazy good siege weapons.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Freudian slippers posted:

I've actually missed this a lot (it was in CK2 I believe). A lot of times I forget that I should be mad at (or grateful to) some dude and seeing my opinion of them would really help the role-playing aspect of the game.

Part of me wants Paradox to bring back displaying your opinion of other characters and give your character stress for doing bad things to people you like (or nice things to people you hate).

they probably have enough to do though

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Sounds like it could be a mod.

Notwithstanding the stress mechanic is dumb and I dislike it.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Suicide penalty is reasonably heavy to your dynasty’s level of splendor in the most played religions. At the same time it can be trivial to farm it back. It’s a useful mechanic first and an RP option second IMO. If it weren’t there you’d have 20 new posts per day on the subreddit complaining how they had to sit through 20 years of being incapable.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Make the buildings that buff the unit of men at arms you're focusing on in your capital holding, or any other holdings that will stay in your realm on inheritance. Those bonuses add up. Getting knight buffs is very helpful too.

The cheapest and easiest way to get an amazing corp of knights is to go to your courtiers, filter them by unmarried women, and then martilineal marry them to the most powerful single knights in the world by sorting by prowess when you're filtering their matches. Repeat this every few years and your knights will be insane. It's so op I have to make rules for myself to not do it when I play. But for anyone just starting off it's a quick an easy way to make battles go your way.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SlothBear posted:

Make the buildings that buff the unit of men at arms you're focusing on in your capital holding, or any other holdings that will stay in your realm on inheritance. Those bonuses add up. Getting knight buffs is very helpful too.

The cheapest and easiest way to get an amazing corp of knights is to go to your courtiers, filter them by unmarried women, and then martilineal marry them to the most powerful single knights in the world by sorting by prowess when you're filtering their matches. Repeat this every few years and your knights will be insane. It's so op I have to make rules for myself to not do it when I play. But for anyone just starting off it's a quick an easy way to make battles go your way.

That's a really good tip, thanks!

Update on my Mary playthrough:

I tried savescumming a war on the kingdom of Aragon or whatever, but no matter which way I sliced it I couldn't pull it off, especially since the alliance AI was stupid and wouldn't follow me to siege the capital with the enemy leader who was literally a baby but with powerful armies.

Decided gently caress it and focused instead on developing my realm and saving up gold to create the title for the Kingdom of Ireland. Finally made it, now suddenly I'm flush with cash and fame and I have a lot more leeway in terms of options and vassalizing my neighbors instead of taking them in a straight fight. This conveniently plays into my character's high diplomacy skill both mechanically and RP-wise. My long-time husband and lover died, so I just married a guy with the highest domain skill in the world so now I've got quite a healthy cash flow finally coming in.

It feels good to be High Queen. What an interesting run this has been compared to my straight shot up as Murchad. Oh, and still pumping out babies even at 40+! Helps that I maxed out the family fertility skill tree. :D

E: this game gets surprisingly addictive once you're invested in the trials and tribulations of your dynasty. Feels like I'm in some sort of medieval K-hole trance whenever I'm in the zone.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

E: this game gets surprisingly addictive once you're invested in the trials and tribulations of your dynasty. Feels like I'm in some sort of medieval K-hole trance whenever I'm in the zone.

Yeah, there's a reason it's my most played game on Steam. Once you get invested in a situation you blink and the whole day is gone.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If a peasant rebellion rises up, how do you end it? I've tried hiring a mercenary band to destroy peasant stacks, but the peasant faction still shows as 'at war' and there's no target to capture like in a normal war so I dunno how you end it.

Anyway, I think now that I can vassalize my neighbors and have a nice little kingdom, my next objective is reaching 100 control and full Catholicism in my counties - I'm sick and tired of all this peasant unrest and minimal tax collection crap. I'll switch to control lifestyle focus etc even constructing buildings if I have to so it'll stop annoying me once and for all.

Past that, I guess I could go conquer Aragon later with my heir once my levies and gold etc are shored up for a proper offensive. I got the claim to the kingdom as a pressed claim from the Pope, so I think that means my heir will inherit it as an unpressed claim, meaning it's not that urgent to act on right now.

Beyond that, I guess swallow up Britannia piece-by-piece until I can form an empire. Beyond that, the sky's the limit!

E: btw is the development score of a settlement different from the buildings you make there? I'm assuming focusing on development means increasing the max potential for gold and levies whereas tax collection means milking the current potential for gold and levies, meaning the former is good for long-term potential vs the latter for short-term gain.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 29, 2023

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

If a peasant rebellion rises up, how do you end it? I've tried hiring a mercenary band to destroy peasant stacks, but the peasant faction still shows as 'at war' and there's no target to capture like in a normal war so I dunno how you end it.

Just defeat all their armies. It's possible some may be at sea but if you're in Ireland that seems unlikely.

quote:

E: btw is the development score of a settlement different from the buildings you make there? I'm assuming focusing on development means increasing the max potential for gold and levies whereas tax collection means milking the current potential for gold and levies, meaning the former is good for long-term potential vs the latter for short-term gain.

They are different test yes.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Finally conquered the Kingdom of Aragon and made use of my old-rear end pressed claim from a while ago after a four year-long war. :discourse:

Now I have like 6 different opportunities for wars to continue expanding my domain. Meanwhile, I recruited an awesome Marshal with like 30 martial and have successfully shored up control in my realm, meaning I'm rolling in money now. Still, my favorite tactic for tackling potential strategic objectives is to first launch a murder scheme against a ruler with a lot of alliances, kill them, then let their child/baby heir take the throne with all of their alliances wiped clean and strike while they're weak.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That HRE looks a bit worrying...

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Still, my favorite tactic for tackling potential strategic objectives is to first launch a murder scheme against a ruler with a lot of alliances, kill them, then let their child/baby heir take the throne with all of their alliances wiped clean and strike while they're weak.

This is a tried and true way to weaken someone you plan to attack, or to try and make a threatening neighbor less of a concern. You may also consider destabilizing a realm by assassinating heirs until the next in line for the throne has sinful personality traits or other traits that vassals hate, like Sadistic.

By the way, if someone discovers one of your murder secrets and attempts to blackmail you, I recommend this: if they are not your direct vassal, then let them get a hook in you. There aren't many actions they can perform with that hook that'll cause you much trouble. Direct vassals, however, absolutely love to use hooks to modify their feudal contract in frustrating ways, like having a guaranteed seat on your council or blocking you from revoking their titles. If a direct vassal tries to blackmail me I almost always let them reveal my secret.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
When vassals get hooks on you there are some lovely, game-y ways of neutering the damage they can do. First thing is to pause the clock and instantly change their contract, so they can't anymore as it's once-per-life. Just like raise taxes and lower levies or something. If it's a very small vassal you can also comically just give him away to his de jure duke or something, like you shoulda done ages ago. Murder, of course, solves this in the longer run.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Neurion posted:

By the way, if someone discovers one of your murder secrets and attempts to blackmail you, I recommend this:

Is it even possible for your murder secrets to not be discovered? I've never seen it happen no matter my Intrigue score.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

It is, especially if you’re lower rank. The stronger and richer you are the more people who care about you park spymasters in your court has been my experience.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is it even possible for your murder secrets to not be discovered? I've never seen it happen no matter my Intrigue score.

I've had characters who have never had their murder secrets discovered, and the only reason people knew they were murderers was because I was doing so many of them, and eventually you roll a 1 and your murder is revealed as it succeeds.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Serephina posted:

When vassals get hooks on you there are some lovely, game-y ways of neutering the damage they can do. First thing is to pause the clock and instantly change their contract, so they can't anymore as it's once-per-life. Just like raise taxes and lower levies or something. If it's a very small vassal you can also comically just give him away to his de jure duke or something, like you shoulda done ages ago. Murder, of course, solves this in the longer run.

What if it's your player heir who also happens to be a direct vassal? I once chose an option during his childhood to call him the "Prince of Fashion" which stuck as a title later on. I didn't think much of it at the time since it seemed funny and didn't have a malus compared to the other options, but years later he randomly throws a fit about it as an adult saying I mocked him as a child and demanded either 250 gold as reparation or a hook on me.

I was broke at that moment so I went with the latter. He ended up using his hook to force himself onto the council. He's kind of a shithead and a mediocre spymaster, but if he wants to play James Bond then whatever, so be it.

On a different note, is there a way to bow out of a defensive war gracefully? A neighboring brick shithouse Muslim ruler declared war on me with like 10k levies etc. I assassinated him, but his heir just took up the reins like nothing happened, so I'd rather not deal with this headache. I went around his backlines from the south to besiege his capital but that didn't seem to tip the war score much.

Speaking of, I know capturing the enemy war leader can lead to an instant 100% war score, but how do I make sure that happens? And how do I know which castles to target for better war score gains? Can I only besiege castles or cities and churches as well? I took the enemy ruler's capital castle, but it only gave me some random unimportant relative as a prisoner.

Again, I'm not super attached to the Kingdom of Aragon since it's proven a much bigger headache than expected. I mainly want it now to throw to my second in line for succession as a bone for balancing out confederate partition handouts, but this is a bitch and a half draining money into mercenaries to keep my soldier numbers up.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 1, 2023

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
You can only besiege the fortified areas, ie castle baronies for normal feudal people. Theocracies and Republics might be different? There's no way to guarantee a civilian capture, but every time you finish a siege it rolls on all named characters in the area. For the enemy ruler/war leader, he'll be sitting in his capital unless he's on the field (or traveling with that T&T content). If you've already taken his capital but failed to nab him, he's lucked out and is no longer physically present in the world until some action changes that. Basically yet another reason to play Nordic races, lol.

For bowing out of a war, the 'best' way is to hold the objectives and let the ticking clock do its thing. Don't even need to have your troops raised if they're failing hard enough to make progress on you, just go about your business as normal if you can. A little munchkin voice is in my head is asking if you can set the lands free as independents to get out of the war (give it to your son and his hook won't matter anymore), but I'm almost certain you're prohibited on doing that. And even if you could, the war would still go on as the Muslims now piledrive your defenseless son.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

If you really want out you can just surrender as well. Usually better than fighting a lost war or having someone siege down all your poo poo and loot it all.

Serephina posted:

just give him away to his de jure duke or something, like you shoulda done ages ago.

Though I feel the need to point out that this is bad advice in general. You're better off keeping your vassals immediate subordinates if you're not at the vassal cap, it's much more profitable for you.

But yea in the case where its some talentless nobody who's forced themselves into your council, it's worth considering.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

I’ve murdered people and gotten away with it. Helps if your murders happen close to your own death. I just murdered my grandson because apparently the game hated him. I was his ward and I was forced to give him shy, craven, and paranoid traits, like no other options even came up for me. I had none of those traits so it was extra frustrating. He was in line for the throne and I wasn’t going to deal with that poo poo so I murdered him, poor bastard. I died five years later with no consequences.

In retrospect, I forgot to use the influence ward tool, which would’ve prevented at least some of this, but I forgot until it was too late.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I've rarely had my murders discovered... as opposed to affairs. And I tend to do a lot of both.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I swear every affair leads to a baby. Every single one.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Torrannor posted:

That HRE looks a bit worrying...

I like that thin strip of non-imperial Italy running down the coast.

You've heard of border gore, get ready for border porn.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Bird in a Blender posted:

I swear every affair leads to a baby. Every single one.

Stop sleeping with women, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

The war score thing should show you the leader of the rebellion. Defeat the army he's in to capture him and you should get 100% war score to end the war. Repeat if he manages to run away.