Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I swear she was yellow but maybe that was all in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The only time I care about colors in a black and white manga is when a new transformation drops in Dragon Ball. I imagine the dumbest thing ever and they always manage to exceed expectations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I wonder if this is a bad opinion but I like purple hair Bulma more than blue hair Bulma. Same for Trunks.

Purple rocks and therefore Manako should be purple

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

mdct posted:

Y'all are having the Kirby argument between Sakurai and Miyamoto from 31 years ago. Sakurai felt like Kirby should be Pink, Miyamoto thought he should be Yellow. Congratulations!

Kirby should be white. Like a fluffy cloud.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reiche posted:

I wonder if this is a bad opinion but I like purple hair Bulma more than blue hair Bulma. Same for Trunks.

Purple rocks and therefore Manako should be purple

Same but I feel it's worth specifying that I mean the purple used in Z. GT purple wasn't nearly as good, if still better than blue.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Same but I feel it's worth specifying that I mean the purple used in Z. GT purple wasn't nearly as good, if still better than blue.

I agree. GT always looked over-saturated in a bad way

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Devils Affricate posted:

Flashy Flash explicitly labels Manako as pink in his drawing of her, so there's no real question about it at this point. I always imagined her as light green though.

Plot twist: he is color blind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Flair posted:

Plot twist: he is color blind.

Double twist
Hes always going so fast things look redshifted to him

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New Versus translated chapter out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/a51de0aa-6268-4dbb-ba98-caa70d69aacc/1

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh thank god. I was not here for humanity combining all their abilities and fending off their enemies, I'm invested in seeing natural enemy vs natural enemy Monster Hunter style Turf Wars. Getting the aliens involved in the fight works just fine to me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

They seem nice

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Let's see how well the Dandadan strategy works. Either way, that base is done for.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I just want to say I love the jelly heart monsters, especially the purple and blue one on the right

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
My favorite part was the attack ball fake out.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
For a moment I expected Saiyans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

same

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The demons are gonna break the aliens' legs when they realize they bring them love :ohdear:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I wonder what they are...

Bright colours if they're grey goo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The colors are fan made drawings

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Darth TNT posted:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Elfface posted:

I wonder what they are...

Bright colours if they're grey goo

From the narration in this chapter, I'm getting the sense that the aliens are a sort of Fermi's Paradox thing, where they attack any anything that ventures out into space or has reached a certain level of development.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Is this right?

So far we have seen: New Humanity, Demons, Machines, Aliens, Giants.

And have yet to see:

Untamed Wilderness, Games, Parasite, Calamities, World Tree, Bandits, Curses, God.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Neo Humanity/Giants saga ended with one of the Giants revealing that it had a parasite inside of it and Neo Humanity implying to be engaged in battle with it while we're back at base. There was also a few encounters made between Giants and Untamed Wilderness (They killed some giant wolverines or badgers or something) But that aside you have everything else correct. Everything else has mostly just been quick glimpses as the survivors explained what their threats were or a montage of Harrow and the mage guy in said area while they were looking for survivors earlier in the manga.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Still curious how mad max world is gonna do anything but already be dead or join up, considering they're so far implied to just be regular humans?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Still curious how mad max world is gonna do anything but already be dead or join up, considering they're so far implied to just be regular humans?

It might have like Shin and Raoh from Fist of the North Star

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

It turns out they do ride forever shiny and chrome. The humans who joined up with the protagonists were just the mediocre ones.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Well their survivors never got involved in the argument over whose enemies were scarier.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who knows, maybe their world has psychos with Davy Crockett nukes or something. So far, nuclear weapons haven't entered the story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Borderlands Psychos will have like 8 million hp on NG++ is how

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

RareAcumen posted:

Borderlands Psychos will have like 8 million hp on NG++ is how

Meth and PCP do some wild things if TCC is to be believed.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

:golfclap:

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

it would be incredibly funny if they are one of the stronger ones for no clear reason

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfLenin posted:

it would be incredibly funny if they are one of the stronger ones for no clear reason

Given how the shiny chibibots are apparently world-enders, it would track.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

What I'm wondering is how certain groups of survivors are going to provide any sort of help or advantage at all. Like what are the people from God/New Humanity/Calamity world going to do other than express their constant panic/depression?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Devils Affricate posted:

What I'm wondering is how certain groups of survivors are going to provide any sort of help or advantage at all. Like what are the people from God/New Humanity/Calamity world going to do other than express their constant panic/depression?

Offer insight into the specifics of their threats, if nothing else. But it's true that a lot of what remains of humanity are refugees and not fighters

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

Mr. Lobe posted:

Offer insight into the specifics of their threats, if nothing else. But it's true that a lot of what remains of humanity are refugees and not fighters

There's that but did anyone expect the people from Giant World to have steroids made out giant hearts? We never got any insight into how anyone was fighting off their threats, things are just getting revealed as the manga progresses. The multiple satellites in Cosmic Devil world is a new reveal here too, I assume as the threat appears, then they'll pull out things they have too. Either that or just 'Everyone, bow now or we'll all die!' type of advice from them when it comes to it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The secret weapons and stuff are great because

Even with them, the human sides were still losing.

I really liked the general guy being all "ok great fire it at FULL POWER, we want the aliens to find it.

Also with these aliens, we don't know how strong the other human worlds stuff are against them, and what level of alien these are, The demons and them might mutually annihilate which would be optimal for the regular humans.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

Who knows, maybe their world has psychos with Davy Crockett nukes or something. So far, nuclear weapons haven't entered the story.
:thunk: Fist of the Norht Star + Fallout. Guys like Shin and Raoh as mentioned, except also you get bullshit like nuke hand grenades.

Also, this guy

except he's holding this thing

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Maybe not all worlds will contribute with fighters? Some could be expert strategists or have cool healing tech or in the case of Mad Max world, maybe they’re just excellent survivors and will help with everything from jury rigging stuff to living off the meagre resources of the land etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It'd be funny if the outlaws were the Fist of the North Star equivalent of Neo-Humanity, just hopped up on desert meth and no sense of self preservation because they're just insane instead of a weird hivemind