Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nooooo absolutely not. The hardcore fans who posted on message boards at the time absolutely thought it started sucking after season 4. Maybe even earlier!

Seasons 5, 6, and 7 had massive drops in viewership ever year, imagine the insanity online after "22 Short Films About Springfield" lost in the demo to "The Single Guy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I support any and all efforts to drive Punk insane or break his NDA that promo was loving boringggggggg

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know but I still like AEW. it's not perfect but I keep watching good matches and has a roster that I like. For me the best 4 straight years of wrestling ever. No nostalgia glasses etc.

Call me crazy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Sydney Bottocks posted:

When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one
He has four shows and the only one that actually feels different is ROH. The "soft brand split" was never a bad idea, people are just wired to think that brand split = bad because WWE run it into the ground for so long.

Soft brand split could also solve at least part of the problem of having too many belts

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

The problem with AEW is that it's too WWE-like and focused on promos and pretapes, and also too njpw-like and focused on matches and in-ring.

“So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth AEW that’s completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?”

“And, also, you should win things by watching”

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t get it. Is it just shitposting?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

he's controlling his narrative

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Stroker Ace posted:

Punk signed an NDA which is why his promo on Raw was so boring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

did MJF also sign an nda

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Stroker Ace posted:

Hanger has undoubtedly had to sign an NDA and nondisparagement clause after all the poo poo with punk and can’t call punk out on being a hypocrite who sucked up his pride and went back to wwe to make money since he cannot hang in aew, and did a lovely wet fart promo as his return

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Guillermus posted:

I don't know but I still like AEW. it's not perfect but I keep watching good matches and has a roster that I like. For me the best 4 straight years of wrestling ever. No nostalgia glasses etc.

Call me crazy

Wow same

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

QT running to Hausman first tells you everything you need to know about him

I don't think QT ran to Hausman.

The Hausman report is even weirder than the Dave report because I expect VoW will report that QT is at odds with the Pat Buck/Sonjay/Jacobs hires and vision for creative and I don't think VoW looks at their vision as VoW like.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 28, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

rotinaj posted:

“So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth AEW that’s completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?”

“And, also, you should win things by watching”

Shockwave the Robot vs Takeshita in a special commercial-free segment sponsored by DraftKings where YOU can win $500 in DraftKings Cash (TM) by tweeting a secret message that appears.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rotinaj posted:

Hanger has undoubtedly had to sign an NDA and nondisparagement clause after all the poo poo with punk and can’t call punk out on being a hypocrite who sucked up his pride and went back to wwe to make money since he cannot hang in aew, and did a lovely wet fart promo as his return

Hangman had to sign an NDA because if he hadn't then nothing would stop him from telling the world how Punk went backstage and cried a lot after Hanger clumsily mumbled an unplanned dig at him on live television. Cried so hard he had a waterfall of snot.

My uncle who works at Nintendo saw all of this.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

Shockwave the Robot vs Takeshita in a special commercial-free segment sponsored by DraftKings where YOU can win $500 in DraftKings Cash (TM) by tweeting a secret message that appears.

I was joking but now I am totally in

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gonna finish collithoughts now that i got days off
-i think i have the same collar Julia does
-Lady Frost is so.... cool.
-Think about it!
-Hella cool lariat
-oh, i'm kinda cold on the match. Lady Frost is great, she had a lot more to give.
-I'm hearing deafening silence to The Righteous
-That dude with the "phil is the gobbler"/"coca cola never disappoints" sign is on the right side of history
-There's reason TK can stay complacent and let the division slip; FTR, Young Bucks and Lucha Bros are so great they elevate anyone they share the ring with. Should still come up with better angles, but drat I'm enjoying a The Righteous match right now.
-gently caress yeah FTR Hair Hot Tag
-loving incredible final run
-holy poo poo namedropping cesaro and cm punk
-hmmm, i could see Jericho and Omega cosplay as the Golden Girls.
-gently caress, Big Bill is kinda loving rad??
-Bill let out a strong basketball promo and then Ricky says what I am thinking lmao.
-OH gently caress IT'S LEE AND LEE ON A TEKKEN MATCH, and the pounce puts Lee out of bounds gg.
-Match slaps and i loving LOVE an arm bar but the guy it's being done is so BIG and POWERFUL that he curls the submitter
-BRISCOE VS RUSH YO. JAYW HITE ALJDN SWERVE STRICKLAND. Moxley in Action!
-Very Ramllision for AEW but this final hour is really good.
-(painfully) MEAT
-lmao Eddie's face when Brody slaps his silly little head
-brutal as gently caress
-that was an incredible finiWHAT!? WHAT WILL IT TAKE??
-:stare:

gonna be amazing when we get to the grand finals and it's RUSH vs Andrade tbh

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Guillermus posted:

Call me crazy

If you love their existence you have to recognize they need to do a serious big reboot and change directions. They are cold as poo poo and they have one of the best rosters ever. It's a creative problem. They're #2 and they have to stop acting like they aren't. They have to go punk rock with it like they were in the beginning.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Maybe QT meant AEW is becoming New Japan because MJF matches are House of Torture overbooked slogs that end with the wrong man winning.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

One thing I'm noticing is that there's just as much "There's heat backstage and we understand people aren't happy with Punk" stuff coming out of WWE the past few days as there ever was coming out of AEW pre-Brawl Out.

I wonder if he'll lose his mind about his new colleagues apparently going to the dirtsheets like he did with The Elite

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
they should book a wrestling show just for me, specifically.

open with a lucha trios match every week. Any six, it doesn't have to be LFI or Death Triangle every week. If you could somehow open the show with Juvi's WCW theme do that
2 random Joshi wrestlers, or women who can hang with the Joshi so they don't have to slow down
some kind of brawl/hardcore match -OR- Old Japanese guys just slapping the piss out of Eddie Kingston
Tiny Taker tries to turn more people into goths
Some beefy wrestler squashes a jobber
Orange Cassidy/Rush/Danielson/Buddy workhorse match

Commentated by Tony, Nigel, and the Riccabonezone

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

CaptainApathyUK posted:

One thing I'm noticing is that there's just as much "There's heat backstage and we understand people aren't happy with Punk" stuff coming out of WWE the past few days as there ever was coming out of AEW pre-Brawl Out.

I wonder if he'll lose his mind about his new colleagues apparently going to the dirtsheets like he did with The Elite

In all honesty WWE is too boring and too scripted for a major freakout, but he's presumably going to have beef with somebody who's friends with the Elite or Moxley or something. We'll probably hear about Drew Gulak getting banned from RAW or something like that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The key difference between WWE and AEW is that HHH will be perfectly content to let CM Punk sit in catering and never use him

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The key difference between WWE and AEW is that HHH will be perfectly content to let CM Punk sit in catering and never use him

In fact that might be his plan.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

In WWE, Punk won't be someone's hero or special boy. He has no power over there. I'ma laugh if they try to do a WWECW throwback entrance for Punk.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The_Rob posted:

In fact that might be his plan.

How much can 15 dates a year of catering possibly cost?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
NDA mean "No daylight appearances", because as a vampire Hangman can't work when the sun is up.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ganso bomb from brody king

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone else with ties to the Punk camp:

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1729519540927705462

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Majinfoose posted:

In WWE, Punk won't be someone's hero or special boy. He has no power over there. I'ma laugh if they try to do a WWECW throwback entrance for Punk.

Wanna see him come out with the old hair and the little yellow stripe trunks

https://youtu.be/_NdtYpvECm8?si=JTY5pWo-lczjFeo5

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Noam Dar's Asylum

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Absolutely called QT leaving because he believes he should be a big wrestling star

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
QT is the biggest of wrestling stars because only stars that big collapse into black holes.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
qt marshall is the most boring dude to ever use the diamond cutter and there is zero reason ddp should have given him the blessing

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All this time we assumed he was in on the joke but no

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I liked when QT initially wrestled as Cody's random tag partner and got the crowd behind him in the sense that they were chanting, "CODY'S PARTNER!"

Then somebody here described him perfectly as "a regular guy who was possessed by the ghost of a luchador and is pleasantly surprised by what his body is capable of."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

That Dang Dad posted:

My 5 Point Plan to Save AEW:

- Remember when Keith Lee threw Isaiah Kassidy into space? That poo poo ruled

the Darby biel topped it i think

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This is "Lance Archer throwing a dude through the ceiling" erasure

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Keith Lee and Lamce Archer hoss tag team run

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

This is "Lance Archer throwing a dude through the ceiling" erasure

I was just rewatching lance archer vs marko stunt because I have a half-memory of him chucking marko into the crowd

Lance archer is rad and i do not get why he is booked so sporadically in aew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How you just gonna post a shot of hangmans bare chest at me. I am but a man!