Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Hotmail guy immediately wrote back. Is there even a hotmail phone app? Must have FWDing setup. He's turning that bad impression around as he clearly leans into automation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Lockback posted:

I'm happy to call him whichever he prefers but I don't know which one it is since he switches between them in LinkedIn/resume/his website/the application. It's not clear which is the preferred name, I don't care about the reason. But unlike Henry (Hank) or something there's not an obvious direction.

Just put the whole thing into the mail template and let the computer sort it out. I'm sure it'll be fine.

quote:

"Hi there, [%ArgumentOutOfRangeException - '(' Not found in NameAllowedCharacters],

I am recruiting for the following position and your experience is a perfect fit for the job!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lockback posted:

Hotmail guy immediately wrote back. Is there even a hotmail phone app? Must have FWDing setup. He's turning that bad impression around as he clearly leans into automation.

Turns out he’s automated the reply and you’re corresponding with chatGPT right now

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Lockback posted:

It's just one of Microsoft's many addresses. You log into outlook with it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

priznat posted:

Turns out he’s automated the reply and you’re corresponding with chatGPT right now

He's underselling himself then.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

priznat posted:

Honestly? Green flag for a technical position.

quote:

"Hi there, [%ArgumentOutOfRangeException - '(' Not found in NameAllowedCharacters],

I am recruiting for the following position and your experience is a perfect fit for the job!

"Hi Volmarias,

I was looking at your resume and impressed by your skills, which is why I think you're a perfect fit for <wildly inappropriate position>, let me tell you about blah blah blah blah"

Having a big name on your resume is a blessing and a course.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 28, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah that’d be pretty impressive.

Bonus points if you can rig up something to do a convincing zoom video interview splicing together appropriate video clips

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

priznat posted:

Yeah that’d be pretty impressive.

Bonus points if you can rig up something to do a convincing zoom video interview splicing together appropriate video clips

Instant hire if their ChatGPT based video interview attempts to jail break you by telling about how they used to listen to Grandma telling stories about working in HR, and you'd love to hear a story about how to short circuit the process

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Just ChatGPTs speaking at auctioneer speeds at each other to push out as many keywords as possible.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

I'm at the mothership for the next 3 days for my quarterly "we want remote employees to feel included" trip. Currently, I'm the only person on my team in the office because the office is like 50% under construction and obnoxious to deal with. No one told me this was happening. I imagine no one will be here all week - except maybe my manager for our in-person 1:1 tomorrow. We also have an off-site holiday lunch on Thurs that I'm sure everyone will show up to, but not to the office.

Tempted to work out of my hotel room instead.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 28, 2023

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Good-Natured Filth posted:

I'm at the mothership for the next 3 days for my quarterly "we want remote employees to feel included" trip. Currently, I'm the only person on my team in the office because the office is like 50% under construction and obnoxious to deal with. No one told me this was happening. I imagine no one will be here all week - except maybe my manager for our in-person 1:1 tomorrow. We also have an off-site holiday lunch on Thurs that I'm sure everyone will show up to, but not to the office.

Tempted to work out of my hotel room instead.

But are the snacks as good in your hotel room

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Awkward Davies posted:

But are the snacks as good in your hotel room

I wish my office had snacks still. They got rid of those and company-provided coffee earlier this year and people were in an uproar. The coffee came back, but the snacks did not. Lots of penny wise, pound foolish choices going on here. Case in point: getting rid of office snacks, but continuing to fly me and several others halfway across the country quarterly to mostly do the exact same thing we do at home (Teams meetings).

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Email/Calendar chat: have ya'll not heard of/experienced Clockwise yet? Some people love it, I loving hated it

https://www.getclockwise.com/

Omne fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 28, 2023

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!
Unless Microsoft buys them there's no chance my work will hear about it

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Lockback posted:

Just ChatGPTs speaking at auctioneer speeds at each other to push out as many keywords as possible.

This is the dystopian cyberpunk future we deserve.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Systems were down all of today so everyone had an unexpected day off. I can’t wait to hear what the gently caress happened. Not only corporate was down, the retail arm was too.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

remigious posted:

Systems were down all of today so everyone had an unexpected day off. I can’t wait to hear what the gently caress happened. Not only corporate was down, the retail arm was too.

Crypto'd

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Jenkl posted:

It's hard enough to even be allowed to use Miro or Jira anymore since the Corp IT can point to the lovely MS version that's included in E3 for free.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Jenkl posted:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It's funny, at my last job the push was on to get rid of okta to go all ms authenticator and now at my new job the reverse is happening.. Why?!?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Sundae posted:

Of all the quality issues they could choose to focus on, they picked that one? The one that is clearly explained by a different quality person having signed all the approvals on her records? :eng99:

That’s hilarious

Barudak
May 7, 2007

priznat posted:

It's funny, at my last job the push was on to get rid of okta to go all ms authenticator and now at my new job the reverse is happening.. Why?!?

In both cases, somebody was getting paid to transition

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
Starting week 3 of my new job. Still haven’t gotten my laptop and haven’t been given much to do. I’m content just coasting for a bit

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

God I wish that were me.

You’re not gonna get it until everyone leaves for the holidays, so it’s going to be two months of nothing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

All-hands meeting for my division. First one of significance with the new leader. One guy asks a question that starts with "First, do you ever sleep? We're all impressed by how much you've accomplished in your first [X] months". :jerkbag:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's greasy, and in that particular case it's a bit too hamfisted... but if you want promoted that's the kind of stuff you do.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Animated signatures in e-mails.

That does it. I hate the world now.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sundae posted:

Blingee that poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sundae posted:

This was me with Teams avatars. Thankfully my org within a week disabled it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Sundae posted:

Get that cool animated flame text that was all the rage in the computer classes schools taught in the late 90s/early aughts.

Throw in that dancing baby too

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Democratic Pirate posted:

Get that cool animated flame text that was all the rage in the computer classes schools taught in the late 90s/early aughts.

Throw in that dancing baby too

Microsoft (TM) presents BonziBuddy, Powered by Bing

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Remember that Sheep program that just made cute animated sheep wander your desktop, walk across the top of windows and the taskbar? They should bring that back.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

I 3D printed an oversized Clippy and proudly have it on display in the background of all my Teams meetings.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Dango Bango posted:

All-hands meeting for my division. First one of significance with the new leader. One guy asks a question that starts with "First, do you ever sleep? We're all impressed by how much you've accomplished in your first [X] months". :jerkbag:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Fashionably Great posted:

I 3D printed an oversized Clippy and proudly have it on display in the background of all my Teams meetings.

You loving monster

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Remember that Sheep program that just made cute animated sheep wander your desktop, walk across the top of windows and the taskbar? They should bring that back.

That fuckin ruled.. Just have that occupying teams screen shares

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Fashionably Great posted:

That is amazing.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sundae posted:

Seems particularly prevalent for supply chain guys. Little airplanes taking off and landing. Trucks driving across the signature space. I don’t hate it yet it’s kind of fun.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The only time I don’t like any fancy signature things is when the transparency is messed up and it looks all hosed up on dark mode. Then it becomes a god drat mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Seems particularly prevalent for supply chain guys. Little airplanes taking off and landing. Trucks driving across the signature space. I don’t hate it yet it’s kind of fun.

I'm seeing animated company logos and occasionally embedded ads for products from salespeople in their sigs lately. It hurts me.