Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Presumably they’re adjusting his functionality with cards like Bovine Skeleton and Spurfang, as they currently don’t work the way you’d expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Looks like "order in the court" getting nerfed?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

mewse posted:

Looks like "order in the court" getting nerfed?

If they just boost the cost, I can probably keep my Showdown Paladin unchanged since I rarely play it before turn 5.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm guessing it just won't draw a card anymore.

Hope the Azerite Snake rework is giving it "Cannot be targeted by spells/powers."

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Scholtz posted:

I'm guessing it just won't draw a card anymore.

Hope the Azerite Snake rework is giving it "Cannot be targeted by spells/powers."

That doesn’t do anything. Battlecries can still target elusive minions. My guess is that they either reduce the life (down to 7, maybe, which means you have to play it five times to kill), or turn it into an end-of-turn effect like Dar’Khan Drathir.

The card is not the offensive part of Order, either; it’s the fact that it makes Lightray/Countess/Garden’s Grace too reliable and makes “Pure” Highlander pretty much effortless.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 27, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

Presumably they’re adjusting his functionality with cards like Bovine Skeleton and Spurfang, as they currently don’t work the way you’d expect.

Yeah he was in an earlier version of the Skeleton Cow deck i posted before, the battlecry-triggered deathrattle didn't work with those cards (no cow and a 2 cost beast, respectively) but then if his deathrattle was then triggered it did work (summon a cow/5 cost beast)

I'm curious about the red arrow, maybe he's getting a mana/stats shift instead

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

bravesword posted:

or turn it into an end-of-turn effect like Dar’Khan Drathir.

maybe not in a class that has Reverberations

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I hate this thing that they do for patch announcements with just the card art, I play a reasonable amount and I still have no idea what most of them are. I'm not a visual guy I guess.

I did some research on reddit and those cards are: Blindeye Sharpshooter, Always a Bigger Jormungar and Order in the Court. Reworks for the 6 mana legendary hunter minion Nathanos (I haven't seen that played in standard ever I think, at least not main deck) and snek of course.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
fyi tap the ‘alt’ in the lower corner of the pictures in the twitter post they list the names of the cards being changed

Good changes, Naga needs to be deleted and Jormungar has no reasonable counterplay for most decks. They could have touched Mage too but the DH/pure pally nerfs should open up the field to more midrange decks that can put pressure on rainbow mage.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

peer posted:

maybe not in a class that has Reverberations

I was gonna go "well at least if it sits on the board the other player has a chance to bop it before it returns to hand" then I remembered that zola exists

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24033781/28-0-3-patch-notes

sharpshooter to 1/3, order in the court no longer draws, always a bigger jormungar to 2 mana, azerite snake back down to 4 mana but only steals 7

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Sharpshooter has to be the biggest “They’re definitely going to have to nerf this again” candidate in the history of Hearthstone. It’s up there with Incanter’s Flow and The Demon Seed in terms of being a change that doesn’t remotely solve the problem.

I’m skeptical that removing the draw from Order is enough. It’s no longer free, and maybe that slows it down enough, but it’s still so cheap and allows Paladins whose early aggression has been thwarted to easily shift towards their late game bombs.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Don't really like this patch, seems like most of the fixes don't really address the problems.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i think Order losing the draw and having to wait another turn for Garden's Grace is a pretty significant nerf. Agreed that Sharpshooter will probably be hit again at some point

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Sharpshooter nerf is a joke lmao

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

peer posted:

i think Order losing the draw and having to wait another turn for Garden's Grace is a pretty significant nerf. Agreed that Sharpshooter will probably be hit again at some point

And it doesn't completely kill Showdown Paladin but it definitely cuts out the Turn 4 Sea Giant play.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Someone pointed out that in Wild, the Order nerf is a buff to Holy Wrath Paladin.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chernabog posted:

Don't really like this patch, seems like most of the fixes don't really address the problems.

i think it'll probably do enough to highlight what the actual biggest problems are. less powerful decks are gonna be a bit more viable instead of being completely edged out from the conversation. still will likely lead to further changes

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
so, your last two minions are Adaptable Barricades with 100+ attack? Well, you just killed my golden Boombot and it doesn't adapt for the bomb damage :smuggo:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 28, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

so, your last two minions are Adaptable Barricades with 100+ attack? Well, you just killed my golden Boombot and it doesn't adapt for the bomb damage :smuggo:

Hah, I had a similar win, though mine was a tunnel blaster I had removed the taunt from so it would swing after the shields were popped.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The sharpshooter nerf is a bigger deal than I think people are giving it credit for; now you can full clear their board post pop-off with a 3 damage AoE, so something like Golganneth is now a really efficient answer.

The problem is that they're still pushing so much damage that if you aren't able to full clear and heal or full clear and drop a ton of stats to absorb the shots you're still screwed on the follow up turn

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm still miffed that Reno destroys portals and doesn't allow you to summon Sargeras's if you pay him. Harumph.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh booo hooo there's one card in the entire game that can deal with that busted portal.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The sharpshooter nerf is a bigger deal than I think people are giving it credit for; now you can full clear their board post pop-off with a 3 damage AoE, so something like Golganneth is now a really efficient answer.

The problem is that they're still pushing so much damage that if you aren't able to full clear and heal or full clear and drop a ton of stats to absorb the shots you're still screwed on the follow up turn

And it makes it so tempoing sharpshooter on three is always an awful play. There are a lot of classes that can't clear 5 health on 3. Three health is way easier to deal with.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Someone pointed out that in Wild, the Order nerf is a buff to Holy Wrath Paladin.

I don't know what you are talking about that is crazy.... oh

### Holy Wrath
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (2) Showdown!
# 1x (3) High Priest Thekal
# 2x (3) Holy Cowboy
# 1x (3) Northshire Farmer
# 2x (4) Call to Arms
# 2x (4) Keeper's Strength
# 1x (4) Magtheridon
# 2x (5) Holy Wrath
# 2x (5) Solemn Vigil
# 2x (7) Prismatic Beam
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#
AAEBAZ8FBr2GA86HA7XJA8j5A5egBISWBQyzA9wK4hH40gKR5APJoATA4gSWjgaZjga8jwaOlQb1lQYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I am literally seeing more paladins after this patch

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Crafted the Excavate Warlock deck to try it out - seems a bit slow, I wonder if pre-nerf was that strong?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Gold Panner having a special voiceline when you draw a golden card is very cute

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Disargeria posted:

I am literally seeing more paladins after this patch

The only way that's possible is if you switched to playing Paladin, because then there'd be twice as many per game.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Tezzeract posted:

Crafted the Excavate Warlock deck to try it out - seems a bit slow, I wonder if pre-nerf was that strong?

With the nerfs I went from a 70% WR to my current 1-9 streak (anecdotal, but my total WR is down to 48%).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goferchan posted:

Gold Panner having a special voiceline when you draw a golden card is very cute

It actually makes the card golden if it wasn't already. There's a cheevo for it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Battlegrounds season 6, Spellslinger’s Saloon, coming on dec 5th. spells added to the tavern, with tiers and variable costs https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24008696/announcing-battlegrounds-season-6

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Neat! I was kinda hoping for a bit of vanilla battlegrounds after anomalys though.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

AAEBAabABAPDFv/hBLuYBQKunwSE7wQAAA==

Do NOT let your Tavern Brawl opponents have fun this week.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like Mage with all 4 Excavate cards and the 3 Yoggs

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I sort of get the sharpshooter nerf, it stops you from having anything other than the go turn. Nerfing consistency without touching the high roll.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

World War Mammories posted:

Battlegrounds season 6, Spellslinger’s Saloon, coming on dec 5th. spells added to the tavern, with tiers and variable costs https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24008696/announcing-battlegrounds-season-6

Huh maybe most interestingly, if I'm understanding correctly the new card(s) that let you destroy minions during the tavern phase (maybe limited to just Undead?) A) functionally remove them permanently but also B) trigger their deathrattles as permanent effects. Super Auto Pets also has some cards that work that way and you can pull off some really funky stuff. Wonder how it interacts with reborn Minions or when you have other minions with Avenge on your board.

edit: Amalgam-type minion + magnetized microbots 2x + the new grave robber card = 2 instant goldens and a 3 gold refund lol. Not even sure if that's good or if those minions will be in the pool but it's goofy fun

goferchan fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 30, 2023

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

RatHat posted:

I like Mage with all 4 Excavate cards and the 3 Yoggs

List?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Scholtz posted:

Unfortunately the Sludge Barrel warlock who got Ysera Unleashed from their portal had a lot of fun. As did the person running Kazakustan.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Scholtz posted:

In a similar vein:

AAEBAc6LBQOMrgOEsAT/4QQCu5UG2pwGAAA=