Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

VoicesCanBe posted:

Why does the IDF consist exclusively of commanders. Why are their ranks so inflated.

Commander is not a rank in the IDF. It seems these young women were tank commanders, which is no big deal. In the Ukraine war most of the tank crews I've seen details of have had a corporal in the role of commander and a sergeant as the driver. It's just the job of the person who is supposed to be maintaining situational awareness and coordinating the crew of three other people.

PawParole posted:

Fake news. Somali pirates haven’t existed in 10 years and are only an excuse for criminal naval patrols to guard fish thieves.

Any clues as to what happened here? No Somalis involved? Or some were but for other reasons? (resistance?)

crepeface posted:

racism was invented to justify imperialism which is the highest state of capitalism of which the primary conflict is labour vs capital

Racism sure as poo poo existed before colour based racism, and even that existed in a nascent form before the sort of imperialism you're talking about, during the earlier parts of the reconquista. Capitalism loves to take bad poo poo like this and magnify it 1000 fold.

Mushika posted:

I spent more than ten years studying medieval Jewish German literature.

Looking forward to reading some insanely nerdy posts by this fellow, hopefully crammed in wherever it is half relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

lmao this yanny laurel rear end garbage

Remember when protestors in Canada were chanting "Trudeau, Trudeau, you can't hide!" And people on Twitter were pretending they were saying "judah" instead of Trudeau

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 19:47 on Nov 28, 2023

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
a 5 year old assuming they didnt get hurt would think living in a tunnel for a month and a half with the ninja turtles is the coolest poo poo ever

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the hannibal directive and attack helicoptering that rave demonstrate that israel understands the concept of venerating martyrs, both ethically and politically, and only fails to understand that those killed by friendly fire don't count as martyrs

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
PIJ and Hamas becoming besties.

Even more of a blow to Israel

https://x.com/warmonitors/status/1729569462527906068?s=46

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CheetoVonTito posted:

PIJ and Hamas becoming besties.

Even more of a blow to Israel

https://x.com/warmonitors/status/1729569462527906068?s=46

lol they evem treated the puppy dog well

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/joshuaphilll/status/1729562454076588394?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Literally the only good thing he did in his life was dodge the draft in apartheid state 1.0 so of course he's fully supporting version 2.0

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Literally the only good thing he did in his life was dodge the draft in apartheid state 1.0 so of course he's fully supporting version 2.0

Well, like all the other apartheid freaks, he doesn't want to make any personal sacrifice to maintain it, he's full "why can't someone else do it"

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

The Voice of Labor posted:

stop giving israel ideas

Didn't they straight up murder a guy picking up one of the freed prisoners?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow very bold of a senator to say this:-

======

US Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Mark Warner told MSNBC: Israel has lost the sympathy of people around the world

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1729562440063496418?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mushika posted:

I want to preface this post with the fact that I don't really know the culture of C-Spam. It's a thing that I'm learning, but it's a thing that I think I've been missing out on in my blargh ish years on this poo poo rear end dead place that I find myself returning to.

I spent more than ten years studying medieval Jewish German literature. A lot of Maimonides. I have a shelf of hymn books in Yiddish, German, and Polish. I have a section of manuscripts that are specifically of womens' hymns from the 1700's. It's beautiful literature. It's centuries of good stuff. But that's not what Zionism is.

What I'm trying to say is gently caress Herzl.

From the river to the sea.

Death to the state of Israel.

Most of all, gently caress the imperialist nations of the global West.

I'll say first, I appreciate you and I appreciate your knowledge and learning.

Then I'll lol at "culture in cspam", we just post and we have a common understanding.
That is is.

So what I am saying is, :justpost:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

======

US Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Mark Warner told MSNBC: Israel has lost the sympathy of people around the world

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1729562440063496418?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

AlJazeera ran an opinion piece a few days ago about how it's going to be really difficult for Israel to just resume this war the longer that this ceasefire goes on. For the rest of the world, they see these hostage exchanges, and rightfully come to the conclusion that peace is in fact possible, and the mission was accomplished; the hostages were freed. So why continue the fighting?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

The Voice of Labor posted:

the hannibal directive and attack helicoptering that rave demonstrate that israel understands the concept of venerating martyrs, both ethically and politically, and only fails to understand that those killed by friendly fire don't count as martyrs

this poo poo pisses me off so much and I can't to talk to anyone about it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

======

We tried committing genocide and then we tried committing more genocide but that didn’t work so we’re all out of ideas of how to get people to like us!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

hamas could do the funniest thing at the ghost rave

A month later we'd learn that Israeli helicopters had done a funnier thing.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I said come in! posted:

AlJazeera ran an opinion piece a few days ago about how it's going to be really difficult for Israel to just resume this war the longer that this ceasefire goes on. For the rest of the world, they see these hostage exchanges, and rightfully come to the conclusion that peace is in fact possible, and the mission was accomplished; the hostages were freed. So why continue the fighting?

"the fighting" also being a strong euphemism for mass murdering civilians and bombing schools and hospitals

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

earlier today, i reported that israelis broke the ceasefire by shooting some tank rounds into several buildings, it turns out an hour later Hamas retaliated and blew up an IED at an israeli force and injured 5 idf troopers, which immediately shut the israelis up and returned to thr ceasefire

======:::

Press coverage | The occupation army admits that 5 of its soldiers were injured during the Al-Qassam Brigades’ response to an “Israeli” violation of the truce in the northern Gaza Strip, and they were subjected to the detonation of 3 explosive devices and gunfire.

https://twitter.com/rassdnewsn/status/1729522038828675269?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al! posted:

"the fighting" also being a strong euphemism for mass murdering civilians and bombing schools and hospitals

Yeah really correction; why continue the genocide?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Cerebral Bore posted:

how exactly would you even be able to force someone who's being released to do a pr stunt? like, what are you gonna do, shoot them in front of rolling cameras?

the hasbara for this one every single time is "they threaten their families/still are holding their loved ones captive"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Al! posted:

As an aside Citations Needed did a really good 2 parter about the media uses terms to white wash the crimes of America and our colonies.

https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-192-how-military-jargon-and-cliches-make-mass-death-seem-sterile-part-i

https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-193-how-military-jargon-and-cliches-make-mass-death-seem-sterile-part-ii

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Nonsense posted:

I don't need to read deranged Zionist racist tracts to know they are saying that poo poo. They will be destroyed and the State of Israel will be as well.

illiteracy is the greatest defense against zionist propaganda. My grandpa, who couldn't read, was the most staunch anti-zionist man I've ever known

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1729178089417240581

Immortal Technique retweeting Glenn Greenwald commenting on a video from Adam Friedland

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I said come in! posted:

this is what i meant in the beginning of the war, that israel had essentially been checkmated, that if they didnt invade gaza they're credibility and security will have been fatally undermined. but if they did invade not only would they lose the ground campaign they will be even more fatally compromised. somehow, they managed to combine all of their worst scenarios, quadruple the damage theyve done to their military, political and media capability, and still lost the war. its a triple slam defeat i dont think the region has seen since 1967.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

this is what i meant in the beginning of the war, that israel had essentially been checkmated, that if they didnt invade gaza they're credibility and security will have been fatally undermined. but if they did invade not only would they lose the ground campaign they will be even more fatally compromised. somehow, they managed to combine all of their worst scenarios, quadruple the damage theyve done to their military, political and media capability, and still lost the war. its a triple slam defeat i dont think the region has seen since 1967.

Exactly, you nailed it. The main thing I focus on though is how much the Palestinians in Gaza have suffered. My heart absolutely breaks for them and what they are going through for something that was not their fault. October 7 was Israel's fault and its fault alone. The correct thing to do would have been for the Israeli government to work with Hamas to free the hostages right away, and then to dissolve and form a new government that works with the Palestinians and admit that the previous government failed to protect Israeli's.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

E2M2 posted:

Is this when they moved millions to Palestine and lifted the boycott of German goods?

It goes a lot deeper than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9evhLCuA_k

(Note: This Jewish person was excluded from Labour for "antisemitism" during the anti-Corbyn purges.)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I said come in! posted:

lol if you doubt israel coming up with some excuse to resume bombing hospitals & civilians; why do you think they're using such strong hyperbole/lies about the hostages' "mistreatment"?

but I do think the longer that a temporary ceasefire goes on the harder it is to not argue for a permanent one.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
:siren: The IDF is gearing up to break the ceasefire, and is already spreading lies for their justification. :siren:
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1729494020433256949

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al-Saqr posted:

earlier today, i reported that israelis broke the ceasefire by shooting some tank rounds into several buildings, it turns out an hour later Hamas retaliated and blew up an IED at an israeli force and injured 5 idf troopers, which immediately shut the israelis up and returned to thr ceasefire

======:::

Press coverage | The occupation army admits that 5 of its soldiers were injured during the Al-Qassam Brigades’ response to an “Israeli” violation of the truce in the northern Gaza Strip, and they were subjected to the detonation of 3 explosive devices and gunfire.

https://twitter.com/rassdnewsn/status/1729522038828675269?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

They can't help themselves. It's good Hamas is there to remind them they need to behave

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1729178089417240581

Immortal Technique retweeting Glenn Greenwald commenting on a video from Adam Friedland

Israeli Minister Smotrich denounces talk show host Adam Friedland for being, "a bug who eats dust."

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Exactly, you nailed it. The main thing I focus on though is how much the Palestinians in Gaza have suffered. My heart absolutely breaks for them and what they are going through for something that was not their fault. October 7 was Israel's fault and its fault alone. The correct thing to do would have been for the Israeli government to work with Hamas to free the hostages right away, and then to dissolve and form a new government that works with the Palestinians and admit that the previous government failed to protect Israeli's.

Maybe I’m not seeing the silver lining here.
To be absolutely clear! I want and yearn for the day for Palestine to be truly liberated. For the occupation to end entirely. And for them to finally live life as a free people.

But if there is a ceasefire, I feel like people will go back to their daily lives and forget Palestine once more. While Israel continues to do what it’s been doing for almost 80 years now. The mask will once again go back on and they’ll continue brutally killing and mass murdering Palestinians while creating more and more settlements.

With a ceasefire or truce- it doesn’t guarantee Palestine sovereignty or basic rights. It just means Israel will go back to the “slow and quiet” method of genocide.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Tom Guycot posted:

My first real crack-ping moment was during the leadup to iraq when my dad had binders, literally, full of information he gathered from here and there, of all the players, their connections going back decades, what was really going on, etc etc, and us kids kind of being all "oh dad...:rolleyes:" like he was someone in the X-Files, and then later every last bit of it having been correct, lol.

deep lore origin story. feels like some noir detective dude given that era of the internet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1729565916407443724?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CheetoVonTito posted:

Maybe I’m not seeing the silver lining here.
To be absolutely clear! I want and yearn for the day for Palestine to be truly liberated. For the occupation to end entirely. And for them to finally live life as a free people.

But if there is a ceasefire, I feel like people will go back to their daily lives and forget Palestine once more. While Israel continues to do what it’s been doing for almost 80 years now. The mask will once again go back on and they’ll continue brutally killing and mass murdering Palestinians while creating more and more settlements.

With a ceasefire or truce- it doesn’t guarantee Palestine sovereignty or basic rights. It just means Israel will go back to the “slow and quiet” method of genocide.

Yeah I think youre right about that. Israel just shouldnt exist. You cant remove the people already living on the land, but it should be called Palestine and should be an arab country where both groups live peacefully. Except for zionists, they can go into the ocean where they belong.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

p sure it's mars. they don't need to be loving up the ocean

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Weka posted:

Any clues as to what happened here? No Somalis involved? Or some were but for other reasons? (resistance?)

this is just US military trying to save face after a humiliating capture by houthis.

There are no safe harbors for pirates and haven’t been since 2013. Unless they scuttle the ship there is no where for them to put hostages.

PawParole has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Nov 28, 2023

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

what if they just give us everything we want for nothing in return? wouldn't it be dope?

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I think youre right about that. Israel just shouldnt exist. You cant remove the people already living on the land, but it should be called Palestine and should be an arab country where both groups live peacefully. Except for zionists, they can go into the ocean where they belong.

If you swap “Israel” with “Palestine” and “Arab” with “Jewish” it sounds like what exactly happened to get us here. lol

I hate to be the pessimist here, but I don’t know if Palestine will be truly free without a war or something significant.
Hell- if Oct 7th didn’t happen, do we think those kids would’ve ever stepped foot outside those prison walls?
We’ve already seen how utterly useless other countries influence, the UN, NATO, are.

Nobody gives a flying F about the liberation of Palestine. The only reason it’s being discussed now, at this caliber is because of the mass global outrage.

We’ve learned that Israel is a rogue state. If anyone thinks they’ll willingly allow for the idea of a 2 state solution, let alone entertain it. Then boy, are they in for a surprise.

I don’t know what a viable solution would be, or what it would look like. But I do know for drat sure that this won’t be resolved with just a ceasefire.

I think an important notion here is that while Ceasefire is needed. It shouldn’t stop there. But it should be followed with XYZ.

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Nov 28, 2023

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/mercoglianos/status/1729252195139301395

https://twitter.com/AhCadde/status/1729248402192445927

It’s a blatant lie.

PawParole has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sorry, I just read "Yemen based" and nodded my head so furiously I couldn't read the rest.